The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinky166 said:
It's easily done especially when you have other trips too. I have three holidays before this cruise and I have done more planning for this one already than I have all the others put together!!! :lmao:

We are the same. Our June cruise has been put to the back of my mind this weekend and We haven't even started deciding on excursions for that. We so need to sort last part of our September hotel!!!!

Beauty & the Best said:
I clicked on her username and it looks like the last Dis post from her was May 2012. :worried:

So funny! I'm the same - PC cruise in May this year, but the excitement on this thread really builds up the momentum to plan away!

I have been talking to Lynne last couple of days and She has been looking at itinerary but I think it's a little early for her to commit yet

Hey, are you using sign languages? Just wonder *** saw one photo of you with hand ILY...

We are using BSL sign languages!!:thumbsup2

I am learning ASL as I have Meniere's Disease and am losing my hearing as a result. So far its mostly my left ear. Right ear is back and forth. I'll try to learn some BSL signs before the WBTA! :)

LOVE that name - Stud Muffins! :rotfl::rotfl:

This is funny and will date us, buy back in college before we got married, KEvin was known as Skye's Stud Muffin

PLEASE NOTE ~ To sign up to a DIS activity you must PM the organiser as per the info on the first page with all the information they need.

Posting in the thread may be missed as not everyone can keep up with such a fast moving group all of the time. :thumbsup2

Skye - perhaps you could add a note to the top of the weekly newsletter/roundup each week to remind people to PM the organiser, also a note to say all the activity/event info is on the first page for any new cruisers. Thanks. :)

Will do!!:thumbsup2

Hey, are you using sign languages? Just wonder *** saw one photo of you with hand ILY...

We are using BSL sign languages!!:thumbsup2

I am familiar with ASL, but what is BSL?

And is anyone requesting the shows for late seating be signed?
Skye

I sent Josh a message to save his vacation time to go too. You know he works at Animal Kingdom. He has done very well there and has moved up. I'm so very proud of him. I get to see him from time to time when I go to Disney. Wouldn't be the same without him. :goodvibes:goodvibes

MomE and I hope he can join in too. It was great seeing him at WDW in November.

I am learning ASL as I have Meniere's Disease and am losing my hearing as a result. So far its mostly my left ear. Right ear is back and forth. I'll try to learn some BSL signs before the WBTA! :)

I know some ASL. If you request thru Disney, interpreters will be on the cruise. The contractor who typical services DCL is wonderful.

MandyGirl - I just noticed your Palo brunches are for June not September?? Are you sailing 3 months before us? :lmao: ;)

It would be fab if Josh can join us on this cruise. I know he is in AK somewhere, I hope to track him down when i'm there in November. :)

I thought it was just me - I just thought I missed something!

Since we're giving visuals for the newbies of what a Champagne Girl looks like, here are the bubbly Champagne Girls from the 2010 WBTA as well as Su_Kraft popping the bubbly! There was another picture of us looking up from Deck 6 behind the elevators as well, but this one (probably taken by Buckeye Goofy as he was recruited to take pictures on several cameras after he made the mistake of returning to his cabin to grab his own camera in a sea of pink!) shows the close-up a bit better. There are MANY familiar faces in this photo of many of you already on this thread!!

150026_1565058177618_4304700_n_zpsa735a58e.jpg

151e97a3-8c8a-4f0f-97d5-3d9f8ed86a92_zpsaf6c5aee.jpg

Thanks for posting! I am clear in the back on the stairs - does any of the Thieves have the one handy from our cruise?

Hello

This is Scottishwee35

and last Friday, I got very surprised that my husband changed his mind and booked this cruise:cheer2::cool1:

Also he asked his mother to come along so she love to join in.

Deborah, Ian, Olivia will be (14 half) , 1048

Lilian & Keith will be (17), 1049

We booked cheaper cabins because of the flights:scratchin

Scottishwee35:wave2:

Yeah!! Love that we will get to see you all again. Only my son will be with us - daughter will be in college - seems like just yesterday we were on the 2008 Repo with you!

It's amazing how much all of the kids have grown since that first 2008 PC that so many of us were on. My Sal was traveling in utero on that trip and he's already 4!

Those who have sent a PM - please double-check. Lots of PMs have been coming in and I am filling them in the order they were received (first-come, first-served)

Original post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47526305&postcount=429

Latest update:

As names are received, I will keep this post updated. :)

PALO GROUP BRUNCH PMs RECEIVED:

Sept 7 Palo Group Brunch #1 - closed at 14
(2) babydiver (Sue and Richard)
(1) Liesbeth1012
(1) Paul312
(4) binkytell (Sarah, Brian, two adult children)
(2) MandyGirl (Mandy, Curt)
(2) Chris&Jeremy (Chris and Jeremy)
(2) JustAnnieNotHazel (Annemarie and Hazel)

Sept 9 Palo Group Brunch #2 - closed at 14
(2) bound2travel (Kristie and Jolie)
(3) caroleRWO (Carole, Mike, Jenny)
(1) ThePhantomsGirl (Holly)
(2) Grandma x3 (Chris & Paul)
(2) Dgentrysim (Debra and Rick)
(1) katypop (Kathe)
(1) Buckeye Gal (Kimberly)
(2) acourtwdw (Amanda and Annette)

Sept 10 Palo Group Brunch #3 - currently at 13 (any single cruisers?)
(2) yukongirl123 (Trevor and Janice)
(4) fly4free2 (Evelyn, Eilean, Lisa, and Roy)
(1) geffric (Susan)
(1) NWMOM (Skye)
(1) NWDAD (Kevin)
(4) debs96 (Debbie, Amy, Marilyn and Patty)

Sept 12 Palo Group Brunch #4 - Closed at 14
(2) Claire & Lee (Pinky166)
(2) Mary & Stevie (Tod&Copper)
(2) Michelle & Neil (Squitty)
(2) Margaret & Norman (Magic123)
(2) Sue & John (Susie2)
(2) Pat & Dennis (PFlamingp)
(2) Maxine & Simon

Sept 13 Palo Group Brunch #5 - Closed at 14
(2) mdwoodman (Michael & Michele)
(2) alexandnessa (Mike & Jodie)
(2) su_kraft (Sue & Glenn)
(2) su_kraft (Mark & Juanita)
(2) su_kraft (Michelle and Ryan)
(2) DVCNuts (Jerry and Laura)
(2) birkner (Noel and John)

Sept 14 Palo Group Brunch #6

Sept 15 Palo Group Brunch #7 (need to fill previous groups first so they make)

We have booked our 3rd WBTA!!! Please add us to your list.

Sandy
Tom
Cabin # 5640
Main Seating.

We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary, a few months early!!

So excited to be on another WBTA

Over on Facebook, there were some off-line discussions about the cost and logistics of ground transportation from the airport into the city. Here's what I coordinated for a group of us back in September 2010.

Regarding GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT, I arranged for a private tour bus through Barcelona Day Tours for eleven of us who had flown in on a Thursday morning. The tour company was extremely flexible with us and very nice. The guide was knowledgeable.

Since you'll pay money for ground transportation anyways, this seemed to be the smartest and most economical idea for many of us to ease into our vacation. I know of at least one other group did the same thing. It was really ideal since we were a bit tired when we arrived in the morning, yet we knew we couldn't get into our hotel rooms that early in the day. So this was a solution to many issues.

:car:BARCELONA TRANSPORTATION/TOUR ITINERARY SUMMARY:
- Pick-up at Airport at Baggage Claim
- Four (4) Hour Guided Tour with the itinerary of their "Barcelona City Tour" (this included stops at certain locations so we could get out and really see and take good pictures)
- Drop-off at Any Hotel (we had 2 hotels that were rather close to each other)

SEPTEMBER 2010 PRICE:
- 429 Euros for 11 people (39 Euros per person)
- A 50 Euro deposit was required for the reservation, and the rest had to be paid in cash on the day of the tour. They did make arrangements for some to pay in advance of our arrival so that wasn't a hassle. If you do this, MAKE SURE you print off a copy of your receipt and bring it with you. One couple had an issue and didn't have a hard copy of their receipt on hand.

Really, I felt that was a pretty cheap tour and transportation to get you around a large portion of the city and to your hotel destination. It was perfect because then you had a small taste of the city to know where you might want to go back later that day or days after. I think we made it to our hotel by 1:30, at which time we were all ready to find some lunch and take a break/short nap in our hotel room.

Let me add that the boutique hotel we stayed at didn't have much storage space, so if he had gone directly to the hotel, I'm not sure they could have taken our luggage in the early morning. So again, the diversion of the tour from the airport was ideal!

CONTACT INFORMATION
Barcelona Day Tours
www.BarcelonaDayTours.com
Tel: +34 637 799128
Fax: +34 933 728413
Email: info@BarcelonaDayTours.com

:dance3:FLAMENCO DANCE SHOW AND DINNER

Lastly, at the time, Barcelona Day Tours would also reserve Flamenco tickets and dinner for you at the Tablao Cordobes. They said it was a service they provided as an add-on with no commission or extra fees passed on to the you, the customer, at the lowest prices you could find. I can't substantiate that claim though. From the email they sent me, they said you could visit http://www.spaindaytours.com/flamenco-barcelona.html for more information.

They also said they could help arrange shore trips in Cadiz, Malaga, Almeria, and Lisbon.

OMG!!! I just spent an entire afternoon reading from page 1 :faint:....Chatty doesn't cover it! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hi All :wave2: We're Pat and Larry from PA. This is our fourth DCL cruise (after 2010 EBTA, 2011 WBTA, and 2012 EBPC). We LOVE these longer sailings! It's just us for now, but I fully expect our DD Jess and possibly a friend to join us; she doesn't want to commit this early. My mother and niece also accompanied us on the past two trips, but DM is a bit burnt on DCL (things just don't seem to go well for her). They're going to Alaska with us in Sept., then we'll just have to see.
I just did the very same thing this week...so much fun!

Hi Pat! :wave: Good to see you back again!

Totally off topic (which we never, ever do here) but...

We had an exciting evening. We worked on my house this afternoon, and we had just gotten home when Dennis tripped on the front steps and bashed his head on the brick ledge by the front door! I dragged him in to the house and he laid on the floor with a towel on his head, bleeding all over the place, and fending off the dogs (who were either very worried or checking to see if they should start eating him - they hadn't had dinner, yet). I grabbed ice for his head and my car keys and off we went to the ER.

Four hours later... They did a CT scan (which showed nothing up there :rotfl:), stuck a couple of staples in the 3/4" cut on his forehead, and sent him home with instructions to take it easy for a couple of days.

I was saying earlier in the day that I didn't want to go to work tomorrow (had a REEEAAALLLYY bad day Friday), but honestly, he didn't have to go that far to get me out of it!

Oh, I almost forgot. He didn't pass out, but I came close. Blood and I do not get along well. So if you ever have an emergency, I'm not the person you want to rely on. Unless you want someone you can rely on to pass out.

....We had an exciting evening. We worked on my house this afternoon, and we had just gotten home when Dennis tripped on the front steps and bashed his head on the brick ledge by the front door! I dragged him in to the house and he laid on the floor with a towel on his head, bleeding all over the place, and fending off the dogs (who were either very worried or checking to see if they should start eating him - they hadn't had dinner, yet). I grabbed ice for his head and my car keys and off we went to the ER.

Four hours later... They did a CT scan (which showed nothing up there :rotfl:), stuck a couple of staples in the 3/4" cut on his forehead, and sent him home with instructions to take it easy for a couple of days.

I was saying earlier in the day that I didn't want to go to work tomorrow (had a REEEAAALLLYY bad day Friday), but honestly, he didn't have to go that far to get me out of it!

Oh my gosh! You certainly didn't have a dull Sunday! I hope he takes the doctor's orders seriously and is able to get some sleep tonight.

We had an exciting evening. We worked on my house this afternoon, and we had just gotten home when Dennis tripped on the front steps and bashed his head on the brick ledge by the front door! I dragged him in to the house and he laid on the floor with a towel on his head, bleeding all over the place, and fending off the dogs (who were either very worried or checking to see if they should start eating him - they hadn't had dinner, yet). I grabbed ice for his head and my car keys and off we went to the ER.

I saw your post on FB. So glad he's okay!! And yes, head wounds bleed a lot!!!

Hello

This is Scottishwee35

and last Friday, I got very surprised that my husband changed his mind and booked this cruise:cheer2::cool1:

HI and welcome aboard :thumbsup2

Oh, I almost forgot. He didn't pass out, but I came close. Blood and I do not get along well. So if you ever have an emergency, I'm not the person you want to rely on. Unless you want someone you can rely on to pass out.

Oh no poor Dennis and poor you. Hope you are both making a good recovery.
:grouphug::grouphug:

Good morning everybody. I have to say Mondays will be a little easier to take on now that coffee time can be spent catching up on posts on here.

Welcome to all the people the have booked over the weekend :)

Have a great day everyone :) :)

Hi

I look forward to meet you...

This is funny and will date us, buy back in college before we got married, KEvin was known as Skye's Stud Muffin

Will do!!:thumbsup2

I am familiar with ASL, but what is BSL?

And is anyone requesting the shows for late seating be signed?
Skye

It is British Sign Languages (sign with two hands) ASL sign with one hand.

MomE and I hope he can join in too. It was great seeing him at WDW in November.

I know some ASL. If you request thru Disney, interpreters will be on the cruise. The contractor who typical services DCL is wonderful.

This is my 5th times on Cruise, I am hoping that two interpreters Marvin and Brian, I heard Brian is back so they are so wonderful...

Scottishwee35

PFlamingo said:

Oh no! Hope he takes it easy and recovers quickly. :)

If you don't want to take a taxi you can go whit the aerobus to Placa d'Espanya or Placa de Catalunya (Rambla) it costs 5,50 euro p.p. We took this year line 46 to Placa d' Espanya for only 2 euro p.p.

And we did the Hop on hop off bus for one day 26 euro and two days 34 euro's. If you book it tru internet you get a discount.

Tony and I may fly back via Boston or New York and if annual leave allows it have a couple of days stop-over. Both places I have never been to and would love to visit.

Hi Liz ... Danny is my son .... aged 19 going on 9 ... you may well meet him if he joins us on this cruise.

If you do a NY stopover, there's threads from the NYC cruises last summer where there's a wealth of info, and you can always ask me for updates, I was born & raised here.

Here is a link with some photos etc in:-

Champagne Girls

I am sure us boys can find a bar somewhere with our name on!!
Great photos, got my DW hooked, and lead on to the bar:thumbsup2

Indeed, us boys need to find a bar. On the 2010 WBTA, Champagne Girls was in our suite and I made the mistake of going back for my camera, to find 40+ women wearing pink blouses, with pink boas, tiaras and sipping (swilling) champagne. Point me to the bar.

They CAN swill, can't they?:rotfl2:

Check out the World Wide MAN Club meeting on Pg1

Kevin

Pls. add me in, Kevin. Self-preservation demands it.

I am trying to discover scotch and bourbon...I think some sort of tasting class may be in order!

I can give some guidance:laughing:, but you have to sign a waiver:sick:

I hear ya! After EBTA we have two non-DCL cruises before WBTA. Heck, I just finalized activities and land transportation for Costa Rica that is in March (of THIS year!) LOL.

Us, too! We leave from here in NYC on RCCL on Easter Sunday, haven't booked a single activity, but, hey, it's a cruise!

Holy cow! 39 pages already?

This is our first transatlantic cruise but we are DCL veterans. I am Jerry and my wife Laura and I will be cruising with you and we are very excited to get in on the fun. We are in for the FE and we love dining groups. And drinking groups too for that matter. I will start reading and figure out who to send what.

Our first big European adventure cruise was the first 12-night Baltic cruise in June 2010. Looking forward to another epic adventure on The Magic!

Jerry aka: DVCNuts

Jerry and Laura
SR # 7564
Late seating
Johns Creek, GA

Welcome, Jerry & Laura. The energy here is infectious!

Hello

This is Scottishwee35

Welcome, Scottishwee35 (Deborah?)
Looking forward to meeting everyone. And warning you now:thumbsup2, my DW (Debbie) will be the one questioning you (and all the other Scots aboard) about everything to do with Scotland. That is our "adventure of a lifetime:cloud9:" she's been planning, and saving for. Hopefully 2015, so the plannings begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter