The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too lazy to look up this question so here it goes: are the customs restrictions the same for Puerto Rico as the rest of the U.S.? I will need to bring some of that delicious Spanish wine home.

Just a thought, you can use points from MCI to MDW (Chicago), there is a shuttle to ORD. Then take PIA (Pakistan Airlines) non-stop to BCN. I live in Chicago area and will do that. I used PIA in 2011. They are very good and it's usually cheaper than other airlines. It's maybe worth looking at for you. :thumbsup2

Evelyn you must have mentioned this somewhere else, because I looked up PIA last week. Great fares for this September from CHI to BCN. $354 OW in economy, and ~$800 in business. The reviews vary but seem decent, so I asked around where I work. My DH had a strongly negative response (for mainly personal reasons, but also the whole terrorist state thing), an Afghani doc said it wouldn't be his first choice, but if it were that much cheaper he would consider it and the Iranian Midwife said she had never heard of them. I didn't find any actual Pakistani coworkers to ask :).
So with DHs response, plus having to add the fare from SFO/Oak, I don't think it would work out for us, since it looks like fares from SFO through NY are around $1100 and my father could meet us in NY from IAD for the long leg.

su_kraft said:
Any thought on FE as to i f it is one larger group, or smaller groups?

I will decide nearer the time How many will be in each group but it will not be one large group that's for sure

does anyone know how it works about getting into PR? i know its a territory of the US, but does it have the same entry requirements as the US? do we need an ESTA? if not, if we are travelling back through the US in transit on the way back to europe do we need one?

yay, we've managed to change rooms, we were on deck 1 forward but wanted to try and get back onto deck 2 or higher as not so keen on being so low down.
Now in 2134, and MIL is across the hall in 2137, and more importantly we get a window now :)
we're at the back near the elevators and the stairs, and just under the entrance to parrot cay, more importantly staggering distance to promenade lounge :rotfl:

karentan said:
yay, we've managed to change rooms, we were on deck 1 forward but wanted to try and get back onto deck 2 or higher as not so keen on being so low down.
Now in 2134, and MIL is across the hall in 2137, and more importantly we get a window now :)
we're at the back near the elevators and the stairs, and just under the entrance to parrot cay, more importantly staggering distance to promenade lounge :rotfl:

Karen, you don't drink do you? ;)

does anyone know how it works about getting into PR? i know its a territory of the US, but does it have the same entry requirements as the US? do we need an ESTA? if not, if we are travelling back through the US in transit on the way back to europe do we need one?

You will need ESTA for entering Puerto Rico. It was only for the first year of ESTA that you didn't need it for Puerto Rico, but since 2010 it is required for there as well.
Anyway, ESTA is required for the US even if you are only passing through in transit.

Congrats!! I know you were happy just to be on the ship but glad you were able to improve more to your liking!

We're in 2135 so we'll be right across the hall! Hoping to change to your side of the hall closer to the cruise though.

yes, you have to apply for ESTA, it is up to 2 years and our ran out next month..:sad2:

I want to move up to Deck 5 but none left so I wait and see later... mother in law and dh said only room but I am not keen on bottom lol

You will need ESTA for entering Puerto Rico. It was only for the first year of ESTA that you didn't need it for Puerto Rico, but since 2010 it is required for there as well.
Anyway, ESTA is required for the US even if you are only passing through in transit.

Correct...:thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

Off topic, again... 'cause we never, ever do that here...

I was already feeling blue this week, not sure why, and now the AC man is here, supposed to be doing the 6 month check and clean on the unit, and we're already up to $350 in parts/repairs. He also told me the whole unit is going to need to be replaced soon. :headache: :scared1: :headache:

Really not the way I wanted to spend my morning off. This was all supposed to take 30-45 mins. It's been almost 2 hours, and he's not done yet.

This is not a good week! :sad2: Wish I could take a few days off from work, but that's not going to happen - no one to cover for me and we need the $$.

I need some jokes or stories to cheer me up. Let's hear them! Please.

Karen, you don't drink do you? ;)

No, not at all, hic! :rolleyes1

Thanks, had no clue what we'd need and to be honest, at the time of posting I couldn't be bothered to google it ;)

This is not a good week! :sad2: Wish I could take a few days off from work, but that's not going to happen - no one to cover for me and we need the $$.

I need some jokes or stories to cheer me up. Let's hear them! Please.
No jokes come to mind but just imagine how good that first FAB will taste. That might help

I can't believe this thread is already at 113 pages!!!!

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??

So, it will be:

Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;

My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;

My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;

My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail

We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??
So, it will be:
Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;
My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;
My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;
My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail
We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

Welcome!
I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?

Welcome to ..............tada ........
The MAGIC is Back

and look through the thread, you have a lot of companions there in NC, we hope to meet a bunch of them this summer up near Raleigh, I think

Just letting everyone know I have updated all brunch requests on our original post that have been PM'ed to me. All are now full at 14 with a waitlist started. If anyone drops off rollcall please let me know so we can move waitlist folks up. I will be in touch at PIF date so reconfirm and get necessary info to submit to DCL. :goodvibes

Palo Group Brunch

If you are interested please PM me your names and party size.
(Don't leave a message in this thread... for organizational purposes I need a PM please. Thanks!)

~ I will have everyone re-confirm after PIF (Paid In Full) date to make sure everyone is still onboard since this is so far out.
~ I will request full names, cabin number and reservation numbers at that time before I send in our request.
~ I will submit the request to DCL in June 2014 so we are in the queue although we know they might not look at it until closer to the cruise.
~ Once your name is submitted in June, there are no refunds or changes.
~ We can have a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 14 for each group according to how Palo is now on Magic (assuming drydock won't affect Palo private room sizing).
~ I will add guests to the groups on a "first come, first served basis" starting with group #1 - and those will be the dates we request with DCL (not guaranteed). Groups filled in order the PM is received.
~ If for some reason you cancel this cruise, please PM me immediately so I can fill your group as we must have the minimum of 12.
~ Due to the popularity of this event and number of cruisers we anticipate, we will try to fill the groups to 14 to allow a maximum number of cruisers to participate.
~ We should receive confirmation about 30 days before we sail with charges made to your onboard account.
~ When you are able to make your own personal Palo reservations, it is encouraged to do so. When your Group reservation is confirmed, DCL will delete your original "on your own" brunch reservation since we can only book one brunch prior to embarkation. Do not rely on this brunch to "make" - be proactive and still schedule your own brunch just in case! There could be other groups making the same request which is why we encourage you to schedule brunch on your own after PIF date - just to be on the safe side.

Preferred Date to send to DCL - Group # (usually right when Palo opens)
Sept 7 Palo Group Brunch #1
Sept 9 Palo Group Brunch #2
Sept 10 Palo Group Brunch #3
Sept 12 Palo Group Brunch #4
Sept 13 Palo Group Brunch #5
Sept 14 Palo Group Brunch #6
Sept 15 Palo Group Brunch #7

If for some reason DCL cannot accommodate all groups, we will be asking for them to fill the groups in order 1 thru 7... so if another group has already beat us to it, we may not get all requests.

As names are received, I will keep this post updated. :)

PALO GROUP BRUNCH PMs RECEIVED:

Sept 7 Palo Group Brunch #1 - closed at 14
(2) babydiver (Sue and Richard)
(1) Liesbeth1012
(1) Paul312
(4) binkytell (Sarah, Brian, two adult children)
(2) MandyGirl (Mandy, Curt)
(2) Chris&Jeremy (Chris and Jeremy)
(2) JustAnnieNotHazel (Annemarie and Hazel)

Sept 9 Palo Group Brunch #2 - closed at 14
(2) bound2travel (Kristie and Jolie)
(3) caroleRWO (Carole, Mike, Jenny)
(1) ThePhantomsGirl (Holly)
(2) Grandma x3 (Chris & Paul)
(2) Dgentrysim (Debra and Rick)
(1) katypop (Kathe)
(1) Buckeye Gal (Kimberly)
(2) acourtwdw (Amanda and Annette)

Sept 10 Palo Group Brunch #3 - Closed at 14
(2) yukongirl123 (Trevor and Janice)
(4) fly4free2 (Evelyn, Eilean, Lisa, and Roy)
(2) geffric (Susan and Scott)
(1) NWMOM (Skye)
(1) NWDAD (Kevin)
(2) lovingthemouse (Caroline and Kathy)
(2) youalleverybody (Anja and Bruce)

Sept 12 Palo Group Brunch #4 - Closed at 14
(2) Claire & Lee (Pinky166)
(2) Mary & Stevie (Tod&Copper)
(2) Michelle & Neil (Squitty)
(2) Margaret & Norman (Magic123)
(2) Sue & John (Susie2)
(2) Pat & Dennis (PFlamingo)
(2) Maxine & Simon

Sept 13 Palo Group Brunch #5 - Closed at 14
(2) mdwoodman (Michael & Michele)
(2) alexandnessa (Mike & Jodie)
(2) su_kraft (Sue & Glenn)
(2) su_kraft (Mark & Juanita)
(2) su_kraft (Michelle and Ryan)
(2) DVCNuts (Jerry and Laura)
(2) birkner (Noel and John)

Sept 14 Palo Group Brunch #6 - Closed at 14
(3) MagicMe (Melodie, Amy, Dave)
(2) yogitxtx (Sandy and Tom)
(2) Shercara (Phil and Sherri)
(2) pit303 (Joe and Maureen)
(2) cruisinmom (Andrew and Andrea)
(2) dclcruise2012 (Ron & Marieke)
(1) MedicGoofy (Jenn)

Sept 15 Palo Group Brunch #7 - closed at 14
(3) pharmjenn (Jim, Jenn, Bob)
(2) sezmo (Sarah and Elizabeth)
(2) Disneynut64 (Greg and ___ )
(5) debs96 (Debbie, Amy, Marilyn, Patty, and Kathy )
(2) thedonduck (Kimmy and DJ)

Waitlist:
(3) Wedgeh - any group (rcvd 2/27/13)
(2) diznefamily - any group (rcvd 3/12 for Dani and Steve)

yay! welcome back! remember your screen name from last time!

and like you, can't wait to hear what might be in store for the ship when it dry docks this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter