The Magic is Back - Share your Experience! Superthread

Can anyone report if the Mark Twain Riverboat has been running?

also, is there a tip to using the service entrance for haunted mansion to bypass the longer line?
As others have said, the Mark Twain is running, or at least I can confirm it was when I went last weekend.

For HM, when I went, there was a CM at the place the line “split”. The CM was asking people party size and if they were OK with stairs. If you said yes, they directed you to the stairs. They weren’t necessarily asking everyone, but I imagine if you were to ask them, they’d let you go in the alternate entrance. FYI when I went, the line snaked all around the fountain in NOS and thru the FastPass machine area, and just past that was the split point where you either go off toward the stairs, or go to the gate that’s normally the entrance to the front yard of the mansion.

Can anyone report if the Mark Twain Riverboat has been running?

also, is there a tip to using the service entrance for haunted mansion to bypass the longer line?

Went to DLR today. Can report that the Mark Twain was running today!

Also went on HM 2x today. Once, the traditional way. The second time through the service entrance. Just ask the CM nicely if you can go through the service entry. The CM was very friendly and let us through without a problem.

Also went on HM 2x today. Once, the traditional way. The second time through the service entrance. Just ask the CM nicely if you can go through the service entry. The CM was very friendly and let us through without a problem.
Thanks for this report! I will try asking. My son would think it was super cool to go a “secret” way.

We went yesterday 5/14, a few thoughts:

- the parking garage and walk to/from is NOT magical. It's not crazy far or anything, but it just takes up a big chunk of time. We were in Anaheim at 8:30 (tried the Anaheim hotel for parking but it was full), were parked at 9, and were in DCA at 10. We got held in a big glob of people righ before the esplanade, in full sun, and then the lines in the esplanade took forever for some reason. The walk back was hard on tired feet, too. I've always preferred the toy story lot, so I'm also a little biased here.

- My feet have gone soft and I'm not used to walking 10+ miles anymore 😂 and I am paying for it today. Oops.

- mobile order worked great for us. We ordered a couple of hours ahead of time for meals, and also got a couple of snacks with immediate picks up windows. For the meals, I would hit “I'm here” as we were walking over, and by the time we got to the restaurant, the food was ready.

- food options are limited, look over the menus ahead of time if you have picky-ish eaters so no one is surprised. The allergy friendly options are REALLY limited, and kind of a problem, especially in DCA. The kid's Mac and cheese (at least in DCA) has breadcrumbs on it... I liked it, my kid hated it (because he is a picky kid!) The toddler Mac and cheese is plain, but I didn't realize that until later (and I don’t think that restaurant had it, anyway). 🤷‍♀️ We got food from Paradise Gardens, Tropical Hideaway, Red Wagon, French Market, Cozy Cone, and Ghirardelli's.

- there are tons of designated eating areas. The only place that was a little weird was Paradise Gardens in DCA where a good 3/4 of the tables were blocked off, leaving 10-15 feet between available tables. Everywhere else was great and easy to find a spot. Ranch del Zocalo in DL is open for seating (restaurant closed) and that was lovely and shaded.

- it was oddly not crowded but also crowded. It didn’t feel crowded walking around, and I was never all that close to anyone, but the long extended lines made it look crowded. It felt like about a 4/10 day.

- we rode 12 rides, from 10am to 8pm, with several food stops, many rest stops, some shopping, and we park hopped twice (DCA to DL to DCA). We rode (not in this order) Mater's Jamboree x2, Luigi, Racers, Midway Mania, Silly Swings, Emotional Whirlwind, Sky School, Autopia, Big Thunder, Rise of the Resistance, and Smuggler's Run. The only thing we wanted to do but didn’t was Space Mountain. I definitely missed max pass and single rider, we're big on rides and would usually get in 15-20+ rides in one day before. This was fine though and not a big deal, though my youngest got tired standing still in line.

- distancing in lines was well done, everyone really seemed to try hard. Some of the line markers are spread out weird in the switchbacks, to make it 6 feet in all directions, and that was sometimes challenging, you wouldn’t realize there wasn’t another marker until you had already overshot the last one.

- many smaller stores are closed. Wasn't a big deal for us for one day, but I realized later that we really didn't look at “stuff” as much as usual. The main store in DCA was well stocked, I think they had all “the magic is back“ merch except for the tumbler, and most of the pride collection. I wanted to go to World of Disney, but by the time we left there was a long line so we passed.

- Overall, it was FANTASTIC. Totally magical to be back, and I got a little teary entering DL and walking up Main Street. It was 100% worth it, and we had so much fun. It was different, and a little weird, but at the same time it felt so NORMAL to be there again. It was honestly probably the closest to normal I've felt in the last 14 months, and that feeling was absolutely magical and worth everything.

Just for clarity, where/which CM do we ask? The one at the gates when you first approach the mansion, or the one at the end of the like before you're ushered inside the ride building?

Just for clarity, where/which CM do we ask? The one at the gates when you first approach the mansion, or the one at the end of the like before you're ushered inside the ride building?
For HM, when I went, there was a CM at the place the line “split”. The line snaked all around the fountain in NOS and thru the FastPass machine area, and just past that was the split point where the CM was stationed - you either go off toward the stairs, or go to the gate that’s normally the entrance to the front yard of the mansion.

FYI for people wanting to park offsite at the Anaheim Hotel, I’ve been seeing on some ig stories that their lot has been filling up by 7-7:30am. Plan accordingly if you want to park there.

FYI for people wanting to park offsite at the Anaheim Hotel, I’ve been seeing on some ig stories that their lot has been filling up by 7-7:30am. Plan accordingly if you want to park there.
I have been obsessing over parking. Starting out your day behind the pack because you’re stuck in parking/security hell is just so dang frustrating. The parking/security crowd flow is so unpredictable right now. I think I’m actually going to park at the Gardenwalk at 7:30 so I can be at Harbor security before 8am.

I have been obsessing over parking. Starting out your day behind the pack because you’re stuck in parking/security hell is just so dang frustrating. The parking/security crowd flow is so unpredictable right now. I think I’m actually going to park at the Gardenwalk at 7:30 so I can be at Harbor security before 8am.
How much is Gardenwalk's max cost per day? I had been parking there to go to DTD over the past few months. Also, anyone hear if many people are using this option?

It is $30. To know I can arrive as early as I wants and just drive right in and park makes me more than happy to pay the extra $5.
Oh this is good to know! We plan to park at the Anaheim Hotel, but reading you have to be there at 7-7:30 makes me question that idea. I think Garden Walk will be our back up if the Anaheim Hotel is full. I don't even want to mess with M&F at this point.

On 5/15 parked at The Anaheim Hotel. This option made perfect sense for my situation (note, we live approx 1 hr away from Anaheim).
1. We did not want to get stuck at M&F Garage, nor walk the tram route
2. We wanted to be in DLR by 8:30 or when the turnstiles opened
3. We wanted to secure a BG for RoftR

Arrived at The Anaheim Hotel @ 6:45am. Parking was easy. Paid the fee and relaxed in the lobby until 7am. Cell signal in the lobby was strong (Verizon). Secured a BG (24) then, had a leisurely breakfast. Arrived at the Harbor side entrance @ 8:05am. The line started to move through security shortly thereafter. We were in DLR @ 8:40am, on Indy by 8:55.

On 5/15 parked at The Anaheim Hotel. This option made perfect sense for my situation (note, we live approx 1 hr away from Anaheim).
1. We did not want to get stuck at M&F Garage, nor walk the tram route
2. We wanted to be in DLR by 8:30 or when the turnstiles opened
3. We wanted to secure a BG for RoftR

Arrived at The Anaheim Hotel @ 6:45am. Parking was easy. Paid the fee and relaxed in the lobby until 7am. Cell signal in the lobby was strong (Verizon). Secured a BG (24) then, had a leisurely breakfast. Arrived at the Harbor side entrance @ 8:05am. The line started to move through security shortly thereafter. We were in DLR @ 8:40am, on Indy by 8:55.
Thank you for sharing!
Edited to add: What was the line like at security at 8:05?

We park-hopped on Saturday, 5/15. Here's our experience.

We walked in from the Harbor side and got into the line around 7:30. We chose the side where there was a curb so we could sit down. I can't remember what time the line started moving, but it went pretty quick. Once through temperature check and security, we walked right up to the turnstiles with only 1 group ahead of us. We were in the park by 8:20am.

We hit Fantasyland first and were able to ride nearly everything with a minimal wait. Here are the rides and wait times:

Snow White - 5
Peter Pan - 5
King Arthur Carousel - 2
Mr. Toad - walk on
Dumbo - 6
Pinocchio - walk on
Alice in Wonderland - 1
Teacups - 1
Casey Jr. - 7

Note: Mr. Toad and Pinocchio were not open when we first entered the park. I think they opened around 9:00 (official park opening time). After we were done in Fantasyland, crowds started pouring in so it was a good thing we went there first.

Here are the rest of the wait times that day (in the order we rode them), which were all less than the posted wait times:

Rise of the Resistance - 15 (with boarding group)
Winnie the Pooh - 8
Splash Mountain - 11
Haunted Mansion - 12 (we were lucky and got picked to take the "secret entrance", which cut our wait time considerably)
Tarzan's Treehouse - walk on
Mark Twain Riverboat - 2
Indiana Jones - 5 min walk from entrance to ride vehicles (we had a boarding pass, and the ride had just reopened from being broken down, so we got lucky)
Space Mountain - 38 (our longest wait of the day, which had a 45 minute posted wait time)
Roger Rabbit - 12
BTMRR - 20
Ariel's Undersea Adventure - walk on
Goofy's Sky School - 15
Pixar Pal Around (swinging) - walk on
Silly Symphony Swings - 10
Mike & Sulley - 14
Pirates of the Caribbean: 15

Overall it was a great day. Some areas seemed crowded because of outdoor queues (Adventureland & New Orleans Square), but the lines were pretty well organized. I'm surprised we managed to get in 24 rides (and 2x up the treehouse) in one day. One more thing: at the end of the night there is a line to get into the Emporium. Don't be intimidated by the long line, it went pretty fast. I think we were only in line about 5 minutes. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll answer them if I can! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter