• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MAGIC is Back!!! - 6th Sept 2014 WBTA - Come & join the fun! - PART 2

Hello,

Reminder:

In one week we must have all payments for the lanyards and pins, because we must oder everything 8/1. So we have things on time. The people that have not paid us yet let us now if you still want the lanyards or pins.

The people where i now from that they pay me on the last day or on a other way. I have you on my list.

You still can order and pay till 7/31.

Thanks,
Noel and Connie

Good morning everyone,

Just another quick question to anyone who has been on Magic recently. Do they still sell childrens crocs in the gift shop? If they do it saves me buying and packing them when I can get them on board. My son lives in them and really likes them with the Mickey ears cut out.

...No I haven't but now you've mentioned them I think I will be! In fact I think I may have a disc for Cross Stitch Studio from years ago and I've never used it. Maybe I need to search it out

Oh that would be great if the CD you have would work!!

Originally our plan was that my older son and I would do the Alhambra tour and my younger son and my mom would do "Easy Malaga". But we have decided that since EM is a "moderate" tour and there appears to be quite a bit of walking that maybe she shouldn't go on it. Unfortunately, I cannot see that DCL offers any "mild" tours but for the renting a car or a van options. The boys have both decided they just want to stay on the boat, so looks like I am doing Alhambra on my own.

But my mom would like to see SOMETHING of Malaga, so she is thinking of just renting a cab or something - maybe asking to be driven around a little. I have to do more research to see if this is even an option. I would be willing to pay for her to do one of the DCL (or a private) tours in a van, etc, but there are minimum number of people required.

So is anyone doing any kind of private tours where walking is optional - you can just ride in the van/car/bus and see the city - and maybe has room for one more? Or would like to try and get a group together to do this? Or maybe someone else with limited mobility who would like to join up with my mom?

Does anyone else have teenagers who may want to get in touch and introduce themselves before the cruise? My sister is 16 and has been asking me what teenagers may be onboard and if there is a way to "meet" them beforehand.

PM me if your teenager is interested!

. . . But my mom would like to see SOMETHING of Malaga, so she is thinking of just renting a cab or something - maybe asking to be driven around a little.
You might want to check out the CitySightseeing Malaga Hop On - Hop Off bus.

Woody

I think we are just going to be doing the HoHo bus in Malaga. I am travelling with my father (83yo) and while he is mobile, he does like to sit and rest a lot while the rest of us explore an area.
Your mother would be welcome to join us, atleast to get to the tour together, and if she wasn't interested in a stop that we were going to do, it would be easy enough for her to continue the loop and get back to the ship.

I have a daughter who is 17 who will be going. I am sure she would love a new friend.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does anyone else have teenagers who may want to get in touch and introduce themselves before the cruise? My sister is 16 and has been asking me what teenagers may be onboard and if there is a way to "meet" them beforehand.

I have a daughter who is 17 who will be going. I am sure she would love a new friend.

I have son Keith, he is 17 years old, he is shy boy and quiet...

But I hope he is going to Teenager club called Vibe? as my deaf daughter Olivia is 14 years will be 15 In October. she is very confidence person.. she talk and chat to anyone...:rolleyes:

Hopeful Olivia take Keith to club and meet new friends...

Scottishwee35

But I hope he is going to Teenager club called Vibe? as my deaf daughter Olivia is 14 years will be 15 In October. she is very confidence person.. she talk and chat to anyone...:rolleyes:

Scottishwee35

My DD Lydia (16) and her friend Elle (15) will be onboard :cool1:

I have some spaces opened up in Champagne Girls, is there anyone interested in attending or new to the cruise in the last couple of months, when the list had closed, who wants to join in, let me know :)

Scottishwee35

My DD Lydia (16) and her friend Elle (15) will be onboard :cool1:

In the past, older teens have had email exchanges before the cruise (arranged by their parents), but at the very least if you're coming to the Hard Rock meet, be sure to introduce them. And then there's the meet in the Promenade lounge at 3 pm on embarkation day.

I think we are just going to be doing the HoHo bus in Malaga. I am travelling with my father (83yo) and while he is mobile, he does like to sit and rest a lot while the rest of us explore an area.
Your mother would be welcome to join us, atleast to get to the tour together, and if she wasn't interested in a stop that we were going to do, it would be easy enough for her to continue the loop and get back to the ship.

That sounds great. I had looked briefly in to the HOHO but I felt weird her going on her own. I think I saw 2 HOHOs though - can you send me a link to their website so she can check it out?

Linked Dining!
List has been submitted to DCL!

I have erased all names on the DCL linked dining, please only if you have additions, please let me know. DCL has unoffically approved the linked dining as submitted!

To be added DCL needs your name. room numbers and reservation number. DCL cannot add to existing tables only add new tables of 4,6 or 8.

Thanks for your help

Susan
PLEASE check that your name is on the list, and confirm to me here (pm) or on FB, full names of all persons in the party, and reservation number(s).

DCL needs these to ensure that our dining requests are met.

Please add or subtract people that are joining you, clarify "others", and if you know of someone on the list that has canceled this cruise, please let me know.

thanks for all your help!

LINKED DINING UPDATE: Geffric has done a great job so far laying the groundwork for those interested in linking for dining, and she invited me to assist with creating a short questionnaire to help us "match" tables according to early/late dining, party size, things in common, etc. Together we came up with a few questions on the following Google document ( see other site) . If you have not yet told geffric who you specifically want to link with, please take a few minutes to answer the short questionnaire and PM your answers to me (WDW Princess 71) no later than June 30. When geffric returns from the EBTA, we will be working together to review the questionnaire responses to try and match tables as best as we can.

Please feel free to post here or PM me with any questions. We look forward to playing "match-maker" and setting up fun tables for everyone!

" If you would like to have dinner with/near others in our DIS/FB group each evening, please sign up under the correct dining list here. Name of adults, and how many kids in your group, and their ages and names; or, if you'd like an adults-only table, name(s) of adults to be seated. *We will need reservation numbers for DCL later when we call this in. THX!"

If you want to sit with others from the group, let me know and I will work with you. Some have already arranged their tables, if you want to sit in the same rotation as the group, let me know.

This is a document for anyone that wants to sit with others and in a FB/DIS section of the Main Dining Rooms. I have posted on the DIS and here.
Do you want to sit with other Dis'ers at Dinner? Well if you do let me know the following via PM:Booking NumberMain Name on Booking (Real Name)Main or Late*Special RequestsCloser to the date i will group us in groups of 6-10 and let DCL know that we are all travelling as a group.If you already know who you'd like to sit with, please let me know in your message.
The thought is to have a section of the each seating, early and late, of the dining room devoted to people that on included in the DIS/FB group and their friends/families/relations. This does mean that the group will all have the same rotation and stay together the entire trip.

Also please note if you are "special" in anyway and need or want the dining staff to make accommodations. For example, I am Celiac and need the dining room and the chef to know this. Also, wdwprincess and I will be posting a questionnaire that will help match people. Please take the time and fill it out and send us the response.

Thanks
Susan

Hi Susan,
I recently joined the group. Checking to see if anything is still open. As for linked dinning...never done it before. We have requested table for 2, but can we link to be seated in the same section as the FB/DIS folks?
Thanks,
Crystal

Hi. Does anyone have the details of the tour company in San Juan that then drops off at the airport?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter