• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Magic, how is she holding up?

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
This is the only ship we have not sailed on. I am in LOVE with the Fantasy however I want to do the Galveston 8 night itinerary. How is the Magic holding up these days? Anyone got any pics or can let me know where I can find your report please send me there so I can read it.

I know she is heading into dry dock soon just trying to decide do we go Fantasy in May or Galveston.

There is always that feeling that maybe we should spend that money on the newer ship cause we love it so much but I really love aspects of the smaller ships and especially that itinerary.

Thanks,
HG

I haven't written a report to refer you to but we cruised the Magic earlier this month. She looked just fine. They are constantly cleaning, repairing, painting, varnishing, pressure washing, etc. I'm sure you will enjoy cruising on the Magic!

We were on her in September and she looked great based upon some of the comments here you would have thought she was falling apart! The ships go into dry dock every couple of years so this is nothing new except it is for a longer time. From what I understand she is at the point where they do more engine work of course all of us her refer to the Magic as "our ship" are also looking for updates. One rummor is that they are replacing the built-in desk etc in the staterooms. I am thinking that they will replace them with something that will allow small mini-frigs because they had to take them out due to overheating and replace with cooling boxes which for most purposes work ok. By the way I am not too far from you in Williamsburg.

Thank You so much for the feedback everyone, I am def think this is the itinerary we are going to land on. :thumbsup2

Just off the magic for Christmas week. She was beautiful. She was our third following the dream and fantasy. Although the fantasy is awesome there was just something so special about this grand lady. We fell in love and she is now our favorite. The reports of her being a virtual soviet troller are WAY overblown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter