The Maelstromers... a FASTPASS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I live in a small town in NY...right off of Lake Ontario where it is currently a big 25 degrees out. But I was born in Marietta lived there until I was six, moved to Warner Robins until 8th grade and then moved back to Marietta until I was 19. I remember having to drive to the Macon mall to be able to go to a real mall.

I hate Northern winters and snow....I miss all things GA especially my family (I am an only child and I am the only one that lives up north out of all of them)and the great food.
I also LOVE your wifes reports..I think she is a fantastic writer as well

p.s. we shall overcoooome

FSUMARCHIEF said:
So I notice you were born and raised in GA - but where do you live now? Obviously not Warner Robins - and we have several folks from there in our church!

Blessings!
Mark

PS - Mel - sorry for stealing your thread for a moment. Guess I'm glad I'm not on the TR board, huh? It might get shut down!

We shall over coooome. We shall overcoooome. Join me for a chorus, won't you? Everybody join hands!

hee hee hee
You had some good observations on the TR, Mark, well stated, IMO.

I posted early in my 'DIS time' on the TR, never got past the 'prelude', needed 4 posts for that. Here is a link to those, was asked to post them 3 times after they were blown away in board crashes.. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=30388 Can't believe they are still here. Every now and then I get somebody asking me if I am ever going to leave the Milwaukee runway, LOL. :blush:

I'm subscribing to this thread as I am anxiously awaiting Ally's next installment. I have not read Mel's, but from what I gather reading posts today I will begin tomorrow ASAP... currently reading horsegirls and I am really enjoying that one too. Who needs the TR board, boo on them!

Don't get discouraged by the few BUT be encouraged by the many !!!

Dan Murphy said:
You had some good observations on the TR, Mark, well stated, IMO.

I posted early in my 'DIS time' on the TR, never got past the 'prelude', needed 4 posts for that. Here is a link to those, was asked to post them 3 times after they were blown away in board crashes.. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=30388 Can't believe they are still here. Every now and then I get somebody asking me if I am ever going to leave the Milwaukee runway, LOL. :blush:

I agree. It is hard to keep the momentum going. I am assuming that you eventually left the runway. ;) :rotfl:

Mel,

This is hard... you see I am a lurker not a poster. By definition I just read all of the great EPICs that have come to pass on the Disboards Trip reports, delswife, ZZUB, Zurg, Vettechick, 100th Happyhaunt. I have read them all and created many witty responses in my mind but posted no response. It is like a reverse shyness. I am not shy in real life but somehow talking to people all round the world through this black box on my desk creeps me out.

However, the recent events have been troubling to me. Closing threads? Come on how can I lurk with no good threads to read? Have you ever been to the budget boards? 2% of what they talk about has anything to do with disney. So what difference does it make it if 100,000 people want to read your trip report about a hospital visit. Anyway glad you are still here I will just have to move my lurking to the community board.

Hey I am leaving for Disney Saturday maybe you could just write my trip report for me. Imagine what 2 adults (40 ish) DS11 and DD9 from Wisconsin will do in Disney for 5 days. All I can say is it is more like a vettechick report than most of the others. My husband refers to EPCOt as the best Tavern in the world.

Thanks again for the laughs, I really enjoyed the trip report, the Bon Jovi references, the Seinfeld, the flooding story, the hospital story...

Mistro cue I want to be like you, I want to walk like you, talk like you......

I'm glad I found you over here on the CB forum -- I was shocked this morning to see ya closed for business on the TR forum -- I have really enjoyed your posting and want to see more ... I just really started looking at these boards and man...the drama

But what's Disney without a little drama, right?

If you can't find (or get) Mederma, definitley start using some Vitamin E on Crackhead -- You can get it here in oil form or you could use the soft gel capsules - just prick one end with a needle and squeeze the oil out

Cause we all want his cute little face back to normal soon :)

I'm glad to see some of you over here! I lurk, too. I loved your TR, made me laugh out loud on several occasions. I will say that I will never look at putting my son in a turtleneck the same way again. He was a big-headed baby, too. Hopefully he will be as charismatic as Calvin sounds when he gets to that age. Right now he's just fun to look at.

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that even though there have been a couple of threads closed, they are still available for reading at any time. The trip reports by Mel and Ally are still available for reading--they just aren't open to new posts anymore. It just seems that many people think closing a thread makes it disappear forever, and that is not the case.

As Dan Murphy showed us, you can search and read posts you put on the boards years ago if you wanted to.

Have a great day, everyone!

good morning Mel!
(and other Maelstrom'ers! - I wish there was a viking smilie!)

just checking in/bumping so Mel can't run away and so she can repost the whole sordid hot prisoner part of the bloody gory fest

OH - and Allory - if you're reading - Git 'er done! :yay:

Okay, again because it's just so much darn fun,

MAELSTROM....

Good morning...bumping up! Keep it coming people!

luvpooh said:
Maelstrom's a fastpass? :rotfl2:

I am seriously considering making shirts that say Maelstrom on the front, and Is a FASTPASS? on the back for my trip. Although, I better make sure they are flame retardant if we expect to really walk around the park in them.

party0038.gif

Hey HEY Hey. This is my new favorite thread!

Allright, Mel. I looked for the guy setting himself on fire but for some reason, the 'More' button in my smilie section doesn't work, so maybe this guy will convey the same sentiment...

party0046.gif

No? Okay, how bout this one...

party0044.gif

Okay, I forgot about your thing with the banana men for a second. So I will send ya a great big Up and At'em with this guy...

party0033.gif

Morning all. Now let's hear some stories about your crazy, lovely family. :listen:

I gotta say - my mind is boggled by some of the threads on this board. :confused3

Mylanta!

Blessings!
Mark

javamom said:
I am seriously considering making shirts that say Maelstrom on the front, and Is a FASTPASS? on the back for my trip. Although, I better make sure they are flame retardant if we expect to really walk around the park in them.

Oh Javamom, you have to. Just to see how many Maelstromers (is that we're calling ourselves?) you come across. Wait, kinda sounds like Male Strippers, doesn't it? Say it real fast.

that would be so cool! Just wondering, would Mickey throw you out for copyright infringment? That would NOT be a fastpass!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter