The Mac's Attack Disney Dining...AKA "I'm so full I can't even burp!".Completed 7/11!

Great reviews yet again :thumbsup2
Quick question if you don't mind it not being food related. Do you have to have Scuba certification to do the snorkelling that your DH did?
It looks so much fun

looking forward to that as I LOVE duck!! And I just might have to splurge for an appie there as lobster bisque is one of my favorites too. I am home recuperating from rotator cuff surgery so forgive my loopy, left handed typing!!

Great reviews yet again :thumbsup2
Quick question if you don't mind it not being food related. Do you have to have Scuba certification to do the snorkelling that your DH did?
It looks so much fun

You do not have to be scuba certified to snorkel!!! According to my DH, it's very easy...there's a flotation vest that you wear so you won't sink down, and you don't even have to "swim", if that makes since. Let me know if you want more info!! He had a great time!

looking forward to that as I LOVE duck!! And I just might have to splurge for an appie there as lobster bisque is one of my favorites too. I am home recuperating from rotator cuff surgery so forgive my loopy, left handed typing!!

Hope your recovery goes well!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm back to finally finish my report :thumbsup2 Had some major stress at work, and my internet has been hit or miss lately, so now I have to try even harder to remember stuff :confused: Here goes....

I last left us at Epcot, so our next day was spent at Hollywood Studios. This was our second day in the park and we had more Star Wars stuff to accomplish. I can't for the life of me remember what we had for breakfast or lunch that day. What I do remember though is that we decided to cancel our ressie at Kouzzina. Mainly because we were staying at HS to see Hyper Space Hoopla, and we wouldn't have time to get over to the Boardwalk area. So, we changed our ressie and had a 3pm late lunch/early dinner at The 50's Prime Time Cafe. We ate here once several years ago and liked it, but I never really thought we would eat here again. However, on such short notice, it worked out fine. Let me just say, this meal saved the day :wizard: We were hot, tired and sitting down in the cool AC, taking our time to rest was heavenly :littleangel: But even better than that was the food!!! I had no idea that some down home comfort food was just what the doctor ordered ;) Our server was Cousin Joey and he was alot of fun, without going over the top. My kids that he was great, especially when he fed me my mashed potatoes "airplane style"! He gave everyone "clean plate club" stickers when we finished our meals. I would rate this meal "refreshing".

OK, on to the meals. I had the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. Sorry for the half eaten meal...I forgot to take the pic.
Disney2010May21-29339.jpg

DH had the chicken pot pie. He thoroughly enjoyed his meal, and I believe he rated it one of the best meals on this trip! By the time I remembered to take the pic, his plate didn't look so appetizing.

DS13 had a chicken sandwich. All I can say is that he cleaned his plate, so it must have been good!

DS9 had fish. Again. I'm surprised he didn't grow fins before we left!

My boys reminded Cousin Joey that we were celebrating their Dad's birthday, so he brought out his caramel sundae with a candle and we all sang Happy Birthday to him. The sundae looked great, but what DS9 and myself shared looked even better!!
Disney2010May21-29342.jpg

We had the brownie sundae, and even with both of us eating eat, it was huge!!!
Disney2010May21-29344.jpg

DS13 had the apple cobbler, I think???
Disney2010May21-29345.jpg

Now we're up to our very last day at Disney...don't you just hate this day?!? I always start feeling sad, which leaves me feeling moody and tired. Anyway, we saved Animal Kingdom for last. No particular reason. Actually, on our very first Disney vacation, we visited AK first, so this was the first Disney park that I ever stepped foot in, so it always holds a special place in my heart :love: Speaking of firsts...we rode Kali River Rapids for the first time ever. As mentioned before, we have always visited in November, and refused to ride and be cold afterwards. Let's just say with we were soaked down to the skin, and I hate wearing wet clothes. I thought it would be refreshing because it was so hot outside, but it wasn't. My shorts stretched so long I thought they were going to stretch down to my ankles. Anyway, on to the food!

We always, always have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, but DH decided we should try something different, so we ate at Yak and Yeti Counter Service. The food wasn't bad, we ate it. BUT we wished we would have stuck with Flame Tree. The boys and myself had the sweet and sour chicken and DH had the Asian Chicken sandwich. The only thing that made it asain was the sauce. Lesson learned.

We had dinner ressies that evening at Boma. We ate here on our last trip and I absolutly LOVED it!!!! We thought about trying out Sanaa, but decided Boma was definitely worth a repeat visit. We arrived quite early, after getting soaked in a rain storm, and were seated right away. The food was equally as good as last year, but it just didn't have the "wow" factor on this visit. Most of this was my fault though...I was cold, wet, and sad because we were getting ready to leave early the next morning. I also wasn't all that hungry. But we ate very well, and I would still highly recommend this restaurant! Don't be afraid to try it!!!! My family ate multiple plates of food, even DS9. DS13 I expect this from, but not so much for his little brother. He would actually finish a dessert plate, then go back for more real food. Finally, after rotating plates of food, dessert, and fruit, he stretched out and declared "I'm so full I can't even burp!!"!!!. Hence the title of this trip report :cool1: That kind of sums up our week...lot's of eating!!!

So that's it folks...the very end of this trip report :) I hope you ejoyed it and you found some of my reviews and pictures helpful. Now my next project is to start working on my scrapbook!

I have no idea when our next Disney vacation will be. Probably about 3 years or so from now after the Fantasyland remodel. 3 years. That's a long time to wait. But, we're ready to try out some new stuff...maybe a cruise next summer.

Thank you all so much for reading :grouphug:

for a wonderful, readable dining report. I've really enjoyed reading especially because we're going to so many of the places you reviewed. I am so torn about CdeF now. I REALLY want the duck but that isn't an option in the 3 course selection. Do you think the Lobster bisque is worth paying for OOP? We usually get a few appies during the week and don't mind paying for something we really want. Do I really want it?!?!?

This was a great report. It seemed like not only did you have great dining experiences, but you had a wonderful trip as a whole!

We're doing Chefs de France for the first time on our next trip, so I was really glad to see you guys had a really enjoyable experience. I too have read plenty of negative reviews of it, but everyone's experience is unique. The pictures of the food all looked fabulous!

It was also really great to get an opinion on Yak and Yeti CS vs. Flame Tree BBQ. I love me some Flame Tree, but I haven't been to AK since Yak and Yeti opened so I've been curious about trying it. I may have to stick to my old favorite!

Glad you guys had a great time!

for a wonderful, readable dining report. I've really enjoyed reading especially because we're going to so many of the places you reviewed. I am so torn about CdeF now. I REALLY want the duck but that isn't an option in the 3 course selection. Do you think the Lobster bisque is worth paying for OOP? We usually get a few appies during the week and don't mind paying for something we really want. Do I really want it?!?!?

Thank YOU, Pooch, for reading :) As for the lobster bisque, I REALLY liked it. I think it depends on how hungry you are as to whether or not you should order it. By the time I ate the bisque and some of the bread, I was really quite full by the time my entree came out. But we never order appies, so I'm not used to eating that much before the main course.

This was a great report. It seemed like not only did you have great dining experiences, but you had a wonderful trip as a whole!

We're doing Chefs de France for the first time on our next trip, so I was really glad to see you guys had a really enjoyable experience. I too have read plenty of negative reviews of it, but everyone's experience is unique. The pictures of the food all looked fabulous!

It was also really great to get an opinion on Yak and Yeti CS vs. Flame Tree BBQ. I love me some Flame Tree, but I haven't been to AK since Yak and Yeti opened so I've been curious about trying it. I may have to stick to my old favorite!

Glad you guys had a great time!

Thank you so much for reading! Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup2
I would go back to Chefs in a heart beat. The only down side is that it's incredibly LOUD. Personally, I would only eat at Yak and Yeti if we were extremely hungry and were standing right by it (and there was no line). Otherwise, I'd definitaly go back to Flame Tree.

fantastic reviews!!! It was such fun meeting you and your family through your pics and reviews. You have a wonderful family !!!

And don't feel silly about crying during Wishes..... I already prepped my DH that when we check in at the GF I'm likely to start crying right there at the check in desk!!! :lmao: (he'll probably walk slowly away backwards at that point)

Thanks for your great reviews!! :goodvibes

I have enjoyed your food review. My husband favorite restaurant is Chefs De France (its a must for him ever trip) and one of my favorite is Narcoosee's (I had the Maine Lobster...yummy). We are going to try Beigarten for the first time but we have gone to Germany so I'm hoping the food is ok...my son is the one who wants to go b/c I was looking at a food review and he saw the band so he asked what was that so I explained and he wants to try for our next trip.
I love to scrapbook but no time so I have been doing ditigal but I'm behind with my tradition scrapbook for 2 years now. Good luck with the scrapbook (Do you make for each son?)

Love your reviews! I so want to go back, now!!!!

I want to go back too, and I just left! Disney does that to you somehow. I just don't know if I can wait 3 years or so to go back. Me and DS9 may have to make a quickie trip at some point. DH and my older son doesn't want to go back for a long, long time.

fantastic reviews!!! It was such fun meeting you and your family through your pics and reviews. You have a wonderful family !!!

And don't feel silly about crying during Wishes..... I already prepped my DH that when we check in at the GF I'm likely to start crying right there at the check in desk!!! :lmao: (he'll probably walk slowly away backwards at that point)

Thanks for your great reviews!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your kind words :)

I am a crier, and everyone who knows me well knows this. I cried like a baby when I saw Toy Story 3.

I bet you are so excited to be staying at the GF :banana: I literally fell in love with this resort, and all we did was walk around a bit after our dinner at Narcoossee's. I expect a trip report :laughing:

I have enjoyed your food review. My husband favorite restaurant is Chefs De France (its a must for him ever trip) and one of my favorite is Narcoosee's (I had the Maine Lobster...yummy). We are going to try Beigarten for the first time but we have gone to Germany so I'm hoping the food is ok...my son is the one who wants to go b/c I was looking at a food review and he saw the band so he asked what was that so I explained and he wants to try for our next trip.
I love to scrapbook but no time so I have been doing ditigal but I'm behind with my tradition scrapbook for 2 years now. Good luck with the scrapbook (Do you make for each son?)

Thank you for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

I just don't think the food is as good as we had while we lived in Germany. Of course we weren't eating off of a buffet with mass produced food. But it was good, and I would eat there again.

I'm not a very good scrapbooker...I don't have the time and patience to go all out with it. I just do what I have time for. No, I don't make one for each son. I make one per trip. The boys don't even really look at the pictures, so the scrapbook is more for me and my memories :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter