• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The long road to 2015 New Years Day on the Dream

2015Cruiser

Going for gold
Just booked our second cruise and earned my planning-in-advance medal for the day:

12/29/2014 - 4 nights on the Dream
Cat 04B, 2A 2C (1,4)
$4,972.88 (no transfer, no insurance)
Adult $1,768.00 x 2
Child 1 $816.00
Child 2 $408.00
Tax $212.88

New Years Eve followed by a day at sea, sounds good to me. I believe this is about as far out as I could book and still bring a 1 year old

Trip report to be posted early 2015!

It will be nearly a year before I can book travel/hotel and other goodies surrounding the trip. Also, I'm going to keep this a secret for a LONG time, so I need to vent about it somewhere.

This will be my daughter's first cruise, she's only a few weeks old now. My son was on the Magic once and loved it. The Dream will be awesome.

Ciao for now.

Check to see if there is a cruise meets thread started for your cruise date...if not, start one over on the meets board. You can discuss/vent until your heart's content with others on this cruise!!!

MJ

I expect to be posting more general planning stuff.. and how to keep a secret for nearly two years including paying the trip off without snoopy DW catching on. I'm hoping to use Disney gift cards and other cash-based methods.

Or is it OK to use a 2014 Cruise as a 2013 Christmas present?

I've moved this to the DCL Pre-Trip reports since this forum is the perfect spot for this thread.

Wow, I thought I had a long time to wait until August of 2014!

Gold star for planning!

Speaking of planning ahead, I'm having a rough time getting a straight answer from my agent as to whether or not my room has the murphy bed. I didn't realize that there were different configurations in the 04B category, some with and some without that bed.

me: Does our room have a murphy bed?
agent: Some 04B rooms have that, some don't.
me: Does *the room I'm holding* have it?
agent: ??

Well, I almost cancelled altogether and just booked it myself since I found pictures of room 8642 with the murphy bed configuration I was looking for. It is confusing that DCL has different rooms in the same category, some sleep 4, some sleep 5 and I don't want to put my 4 year old in an upper bunk.

Anyway, I managed to get a room assignment changed and now I'm all set. 677 days to go...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter