The Lone Ranger (2013)

HSXJedi

Earning My Ears
The Lone Ranger (2013)

Wife and I just got back from an advance screening. We both really liked it.

Early reviews have been horrible. I'll probably see it especially since I have one free admission but afraid they may have made it too comical. I'm old school I like my heroes and westerns serious and not parodies. I still haven't gotten over what they did to Green Hornet, a descendant of the Lone Ranger btw.

DS, 14, and I just got home from the drive-in, saw Monsters University and The Lone Ranger together!

Monsters University was great, full of laughs! DS fell asleep about 30 mins. into The Lone Ranger; I loved it! One of those movies I'll have to see a few times to catch all of the story, like POTC; so much action going on!

Hope you all enjoy them too!

My hubby and I really enjoyed it. I'm just sad and disappointed that it's not doing well at the box office. I plan to see it again because I failed to stay after the credits. I think I may have missed something. Not sure though.

I just saw this today and really liked it. It was full of great action and not gimicky or slapstick. I thought Tonto was going to be too much like Jack Sparrow, but not at all. Johnny Depp is an amazing actor.

I’m kind of surprised so many people seem to like it since it’s been getting lousy reviews and it’s not doing very well at the box office. What do you all think of the criticisms of the movie? Quite a few critics think it’s too violent for a PG-13 rating, it’s too long, the movie ignores or makes fun of the source material, and that Depp’s performance as Tonto is too similar to his portrayal of Jack Sparrow. I haven’t seen it yet but I might check it out when it comes out on DVD.

We really enjoyed it. I will be adding this DVD to our collection when it eventually comes out. There are a few violent scenes but honestly, I think most under 13's would miss them. It is a long movie and I'm sure a few scenes could have been cut but at no point did we feel bored in the movie or wishing it would "hurry up"

We didn't feel that Depp's portrayal of Tonto was that similar to Jack Sparrow. The two characters are quite different and it didn't feel like a rehash of the Pirates Franchise.

I’m kind of surprised so many people seem to like it since it’s been getting lousy reviews and it’s not doing very well at the box office. What do you all think of the criticisms of the movie? Quite a few critics think it’s too violent for a PG-13 rating, it’s too long, the movie ignores or makes fun of the source material, and that Depp’s performance as Tonto is too similar to his portrayal of Jack Sparrow. I haven’t seen it yet but I might check it out when it comes out on DVD.

My 8 & 10 year olds both liked it.

Yes, it's 2.5 hours but it's very interesting, it held their attention.

'Violent' and 'graphic' are subjective. There were a couple of disturbing things that happened off screen. There was a lot of gun slinging, but it's a Western.

I thought Johnny did a great job of making Tonto his own character. There was only one time in the film that felt like a Sparrow moment, but he was doing an action that is similar to POTC.

It was on par with Indiana Jones as far as the type of fantasy adventure film it is, and with how much violence is in the movie. I'd compare it to The Last Crusade.

I really liked it, too. :) My mom not so much, though... lol Which is funny. I mean, we both seem to like Johnny Depp...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter