The Little Disney trip that kept growing…Magic Western 01/24/2009 COMPLETED 04/19

hi Cyndi!

Looks like we will have lots to talk about! About the 5k, it is in March this year; they also have a 15k, and it is great fun (the 5k was all around the world showcase in Epcot).
OOOHHH
Now I have to figure out how to swing a trip to WDW in March?!?!

Yay, updates. Where did you get that Ariel princess dress? I think my ODD will love it. Are you going to do BBB when you ae at MK?? ODD also loves the Little Einsteins. Love it when she recognizes the classical music.

Yay, updates. Where did you get that Ariel princess dress? I think my ODD will love it. Are you going to do BBB when you ae at MK?? ODD also loves the Little Einsteins. Love it when she recognizes the classical music.

Hello,

the Ariel dress with the tail is from Disneyshopping online; the one with the long sleeves we got at Disney in Dec. 07. It's Ariel's wedding dress I believe.

Re: BBB we did it on our first trip and I think DD enjoyed it but this time we are skipping it because we will be with the cousins and they are getting a little old for that. Besides, she would want the entire package now and I don't wanna spend an extra $140 for a dress, shoes and accessories since we have it all here. We had a blonde little friend and a little brunette yesterday and they all dressed up with DD's dresses (Ariel, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White, it was adorable) princess: princess: princess: And now that DD knows we're going back soon, she has started campaigning for a Jasmine dress...:rotfl:

I LOVE your Fish Extender!!!!!!

Ariel is my favorite too!

Thanks for sharing your pre-trip activities!!

I love your pre-trip report! We will be on the same cruise so hopefully we will get to meet. I am getting so excited for our cruise as I live in North Pole, Alaska, and it is freezing and dark right now! It was -40 F today and absolutely miserable! It is supposed to get down to -50 tomorrow. Yuck! Disney Magic here we come!

Can't wait to read more!

I love your pre-trip report! We will be on the same cruise so hopefully we will get to meet. I am getting so excited for our cruise as I live in North Pole, Alaska, and it is freezing and dark right now! It was -40 F today and absolutely miserable! It is supposed to get down to -50 tomorrow. Yuck! Disney Magic here we come!

Can't wait to read more!

Yikes, that is cold. We have also been freezing here, but nothing like that. We had -20C for the past few nights, that is close to 5-8F I believe!

Just lookout for my redhead girl, although I hope she spends most of her time in the club (just kidding...sortof ;) ) We will try to get to the DIS meet but I know day 1 for us is so hectic we may not make it, esp. if the weather is nice and DD wants to swim!

Please let us know! And those boys are too cute!!!

As a fellow interliner, I can tell you that, yes, Disney does spoil you to the others... :rotfl:

(side note: unfortuantely, Disney doesn't usually offer their interline rates until about a month out - but we've had incredible luck in the past just sucking it up and booking a normal fare during the off-season months, then transferring the cruise to an interline rate if the fares become available. The extra money either goes to an upgrade or becomes OBC. We went from a cat. 9 to a cat. 5 last trip and only paid $75 more dollars using this method!)

Looking forward to reading more!!

As a fellow interliner, I can tell you that, yes, Disney does spoil you to the others... :rotfl:

(side note: unfortuantely, Disney doesn't usually offer their interline rates until about a month out - but we've had incredible luck in the past just sucking it up and booking a normal fare during the off-season months, then transferring the cruise to an interline rate if the fares become available. The extra money either goes to an upgrade or becomes OBC. We went from a cat. 9 to a cat. 5 last trip and only paid $75 more dollars using this method!)

Looking forward to reading more!!

ooohhhh, good method. However I could never get DH to buy - gasp - a non-interline cruise! I know we will be hooked to Disney cruising!!!

Your little girl is such a cutie and probably won't be too hard to see with that red hair! I am sure we will run into each other on the cruise. Not too much longer! I look forward to reading more on your pre-trip plans:)

You know the little feeling in the pit of your stomach? :scared1:

WE ARE LEAVING IN 13 DAYS...:banana: :scared1: :banana: :scared1: :banana: :scared1:

I have just finalized my FE gifts...I hope people like the stuff I bought. :flower3:

I have decided against getting anything "pirate-y" for Pirate night, and I may just buy somethingin MK if there is a clearance somewhere. I hope we don't look like losers! pirate:

I still need to get a pillowcase and a photomat for characters signatures, and fabric markers, and regular sharpies

Our cabin assignment saga is over; we had been assigned a cat 10 right below Rockin Bar D and decided that wasn't good for us (I had sooo hoped we would get upgraded to a 9...oh well, being 1st time cruisers, and aying bottom-dollar, perhaps that's why...princess: ); we "downgraded" to a Cat 11 deck 6 forward; close to kids camp and hopefully quieter. We won't miss the bath as DD is a shower girl on vacation and she's never seen a bath on a cruiseship cabin before. :dance3:

I also have to finalize our touring plans for the "land" portion. I am a bit nervous as I usually pplan for just the 3 of us and now I have to plan for my DSis family as well. A bit nerve-wracking, I know I am not responsible for them but I do want them to have a good time. Plus, DD being an "only", I wonder how well she will do with the other 2 sometimes deciding where we go next...:confused:

That's all for now! Nothing exciting. We're off to go skiing and shopping for kitchen tiles today, back to packing-panic tonight (WEATHER :headache: I need a crystal ball!!! How many vests, pants do I need?) :upsidedow

woohoo under 2weeks....

wait the cat 11's dont have shubs (shower/tubs) I thought the 11's just were 1 bathroom not the split... Guess ya learn something new everyday! lol

Hi Sophie! I'm Sara and we will (hopefully) be on the cruise with you in 13 short days! Things are looking up over here so we are cautiously optimistic that we will be going...as evidenced by the fact that I've been packing and making lists all day today (perfect snowy day activity!).

Grace and Becca will be in the kids club with Elsa...Grace told me this morning that she is only coming out for meals and if High School Musical 3 is playing:) Becca is my shy one...Grace, well, none of you will be able to miss Grace :rotfl:

I'm loving the pre-trip report! I swear I am going to try to do a trip report but I said that about our WDW trip in '05 and that never happened:)

I have to say, I got a little sad when I saw Elsa's beautiful fish extender since we dropped out of the exchange...I may need to have to run to the fabric store to see if I can put one together. Even if we don't end up participating I can put stuff in for the girls (and my 3 year old niece Amelia, who will also be with us) so the door looks pretty:)

We don't have any pirate stuff for us (the grown ups) yet...the girls have cute pink skull outfits. So you won't be the only ones if we don't end up scrounging up something...although dh probably wouldn't wear it anyway!

And I'm so impressed with the runners we have on board...you might see me run to the dessert table and to our exotic rasul, but that's about it! I will be walking laps with MIL and SIL on deck every morning though, so I'm not a total slug:)

I can't wait to meet everyone...it's so great putting faces with names:)

Also meant to say that we were waitlisted for main dining and found out when we got our papers that we got it...so maybe there is still hope if you still want it (although I've heard great things about late dining with younger kids also).

Also meant to say that we were waitlisted for main dining and found out when we got our papers that we got it...so maybe there is still hope if you still want it (although I've heard great things about late dining with younger kids also).

Hi BeccaGrace,

lucky you with the dining! We're still trying to get it, no luck still as of today...:sad2:

We'll see you onboard! We are fying out Monday AM...woo hoo :cheer2:

Great Pre-Trip so far! We also have only cruised on Carnival before (just once though!). I thought we got a great deal when we got our Carnival 8 day cruise with a balcony for about $2000 with the military rate, back when we only had 1 child. I need lessons in how to get a 7 day for about $1100! I'm guessing you had an interline rate?

We love cheap also. last year they had a deal for 5 nights and kids sail free and we only paid $550.00 for all four of us inside room. We never spend time in our room only to sleep and bath. We were on floor 7.
I am glad there is other cheap people on here.

We are scared we will not going to enjoy our Disney cruise due to the price

So we are trying to map out fun and make sure we get the most out of the trip. And hope to be hooked pixiedust: when we get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter