The Lion King

ninamouse

DIS Veteran
Hiya,

My DS4 saw The Lion King for the first time two weeks ago and has gone The Lion King mad!

We are off to WDW in October and planning to do all parks.

Can anyone recommend any Lion King specific attractions and stops that a little Lion King fan shouldn't miss?

Thanks

:-) :-) x

Hiya,

My DS4 saw The Lion King for the first time two weeks ago and has gone The Lion King mad!

We are off to WDW in October and planning to do all parks.

Can anyone recommend any Lion King specific attractions and stops that a little Lion King fan shouldn't miss?

Thanks

:-) :-) x

The festival of the Lion King show at animal kingdom!

The Festival of the Lion King is cool, but has more of a circus feel than a movie feel. Still, highly recommended for any Lion King fan.

There is a nice little section during Philharmagic that focuses on Simba.

There is a show on the environment with Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa in the Land pavillion at Epcot.

I mean, there's always the Circle of Life film in The Land! There are many people that don't like the preachiness (it's an environmental fable, ya know)...but I like it. Lion King is my 2nd fave Disney film!

Scar is also in Fantasmic for a few seconds..but that won't make a huge difference. LOL

I do agree..Festival of Lion King show is our favorite, certainly different than movie, but an interactive experience not to be missed......especially for the young fan !!

You definitely need to see Festival of the Lion King. It is not a reenactment of the story, but features the songs from the movie, and incorporates Simba, Timon and Pumbaa. They get the audience involved in making animal sounds, etc. It's really a must-do, even if you're not a big Lion King fan.

My DD7 is totally into Lion King as well. Definitely at leat visit AOA Lion King section. My DD loved that! Visit Rafiki at AK.

Rafiki's Planet Watch - it's themed to Rafiki and offers a M&G with the character:

LION KING

8470811917_ec68eeac8d_z.jpg

Also - the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Street Party at Magic Kingdom has Timon, whom he can dance with:

8592707359_e76f9cde80_c.jpg

Thanks so much for all the great responses!

I knew I could rely on you guys - will definitely see Festival of the Lion King and go find Rafiki!

Thank you

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hi O.P

Festival Of The Lion King - a show which has some of the lion king characters along with a cast of singers, dancers, stilt artists and more in a fun homage to the movie in a festival style setting. very good show!

Lion King still has some good merch throughout the parks, especially lion king.
also in AK is Rafiki planet watch, not very focused on the lion king but shares its name with the character.

in EPCOT their is a show in a cinema room which simba and pals shows us what were doing to our planet.

throughout the parks, resorts and transportation are timon and pumba's wild about safety leaflets and their used to be trading cards!!

in the sorcerers of the magic kingdom scar serves as one of the villains in the game. help zazu and simba take out scar and hyenas.

in fantasmic scar serves as one of the villains on the screen during the forces of evil section of the show.

if your going for the halloween party scar serves as one of the villains in the hallowishes his song be prepared is played

at the art of animation resort near HS their is the lion king themed courtyard in the AK building you could call in for pictures if your driving past.

if your going for the RUNDISNEY event TOT 10 miler last year Hyena's and scar were out on the course for photo ops.

i think ive covered most if not all the lion kings usage in the parks.
if anyone else knows anything i missed let me know would love to add to my list of lion king stuff in the parks.

Hi O.P

Festival Of The Lion King - a show which has some of the lion king characters along with a cast of singers, dancers, stilt artists and more in a fun homage to the movie in a festival style setting. very good show!

Lion King still has some good merch throughout the parks, especially lion king.
also in AK is Rafiki planet watch, not very focused on the lion king but shares its name with the character.

in EPCOT their is a show in a cinema room which simba and pals shows us what were doing to our planet.

throughout the parks, resorts and transportation are timon and pumba's wild about safety leaflets and their used to be trading cards!!

in the sorcerers of the magic kingdom scar serves as one of the villains in the game. help zazu and simba take out scar and hyenas.

in fantasmic scar serves as one of the villains on the screen during the forces of evil section of the show.

if your going for the halloween party scar serves as one of the villains in the hallowishes his song be prepared is played

at the art of animation resort near HS their is the lion king themed courtyard in the AK building you could call in for pictures if your driving past.

if your going for the RUNDISNEY event TOT 10 miler last year Hyena's and scar were out on the course for photo ops.

i think ive covered most if not all the lion kings usage in the parks.
if anyone else knows anything i missed let me know would love to add to my list of lion king stuff in the parks.

That's great. Thank you so much for all the helpful information!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter