The Lion King

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by LionKingDramaQueen, Aug 11, 2010.

1. LionKingDramaQueen

LionKingDramaQueen Thirsting for adventure

The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie(hence my name...LIONKINGdramaqueen)! Please prove that I am not the only complete LionKingHolic on the DIS boards!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Nhat Le

Nhat Le Lost in esctasy.

Same here.. I loove the 1st one! A timeless classic that I'll always love and will be watching with my kids :happytv:

4. Jinxed86

Jinxed86 Earning My Ears

I agree 'The Lion King' is an amazing film!

5. Symphony

Symphony Mouseketeer

I love the Lion King :goodvibes my favourite character is in my avatar. I still skip the scene where Mufasa dies :sad1:

6. pigletgirl

pigletgirl <font color=green>You do have a life. It is just i

I was 5 when it came out. I have loved it ever since! :)

7. Fantasmic23

Fantasmic23 A little nonsense now and then is relished by the

Great movie and one of my favorite Disney songs ... "Just Can't Wait to Be King"! :goodvibes

8. lblume91

lblume91 It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Our whole family loves Lion King. It came out on VHS when our oldest DD was not quite 2 years old. We had to watch it every single day when we got home from work/child care. We still quote it on a regular basis!

"Are you achin' (yup, yup, yup) for some bacon? (yup, yup, yup) He's a big pig (yup, yup, yup) You can be a big pig too!"

"Let me out! Let me out!" "Let me in! Let me in!"

"Is that a challenge??"

We didn't have a DVD player when it was last released on DVD. I've been waiting for YEARS for them to release it from the vault again. Our old VHS copy is pretty much worn out!

9. Rose DiVerona

Rose DiVerona Mouseketeer

I still count it as my favorite Disney movie! I was two when the first was released.

10. StEpHandMiKe<3Disney

StEpHandMiKe<3Disney DIS Veteran

I love The Lion King! I remember when I was in middle school, the time the movie was released, I would watch it every day after school. I think my whole 7th grade year was spent watching it.

11. redlight

redlight DIS Veteran

It's one of my favorites too!

12. DisneyDetective

DisneyDetective DIS Veteran

I thought the Lion King was a great movie! I also thought the third film was REALLY funny!

13. plyeng2ff

plyeng2ff DIS Veteran

I love the Lion King. I am obessived with the movie. My orange cat is named Simba. My wedding song was Can You Feel the Love Tonight by Elton John.

14. plyeng2ff

plyeng2ff DIS Veteran

And let not forget about my avatar

<----------------

15. Lillian Gracey

Lillian Gracey Lady in Blue

Definitely one of my favorite movies. I absolutely adore the second one. I watch both the first and second in German and English. I love the songs in both languages and can't stop listening to them. Can't wait for the first one to be released next Fall! (At least, that's the estimated time frame.)

16. themermaidgirl

themermaidgirl Mouseketeer

I've always wondered whether they intentionally made the movie with Hamlet in mind, or whether it was a fluke.

I'm sure they made The Lion King II: Simba's Pride to be Romeo and Juliet, so it depends on whether they intended to make a Lion-Hamlet.

17. bella77

bella77 Mouseketeer

It came out my senior year of high school. I remember kids singing the beginning of the opening song in the hallways! Such a classic. I had the VHS tape, but I lost it when I was teaching. I'll definitely be getting the combo pack next year when it comes out!

18. LionKingDramaQueen

Yeah well, I'm in the 7th grade right now soooooooooo I am also COMPLETELY obsessed. Youre never to young to love Lion King (or Disney in general)> ☺♪♫

19. LionKingDramaQueen

I also heard about a possible Lion King 4! Can someone please confirm this for me?

20. Ashleyfan

Ashleyfan Earning My Ears

The Lion King is the BEST Walt Disney movie. I remember watchig it everyday when I was younger

21. mmkk

mmkk DIS Veteran

This might be old news to those of you on here but in case its not, I just saw in my Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray that Lion King is being released again next year!!!!:woohoo: