THE LIBERAL THREAD #3- No Debate Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

I've been home sick the past few days (just allergy-related headcold), and since I do my best DISing at work, I'm sure I've missed a lot!

I should be back to work (and the DIS) tomorrow though :rotfl:

Hope you're feeling better soon! I see you are another lucky one who can Dis while working. ;)

On another note, have you all noticed that the closer we get to the election, the more the cons' teeth start chattering. Fear is not a good thing. We took the kids to see The Tale of Despereaux today. In the movie, the mice are taught to be fearful. They cannot survive out in the world unless they have fear. It really reminded me of some conversations here on The Dis today.

Ocracoke. Fancy. Do you go there often?

If you're giving up the arugula, you could always try ranchogordo.com and buy some really overpriced heirloom beans. While it isn't local (which is, of course, our religion when it comes to food) it is expensive and heirloom, which we all know trumps just about everything else food-wise.

Good to hear your son wears a peace sign necklace. It's important to indoctrinate them early.

Speaking of which, how is your little terrorist? Prospering, I hope.

We go to Ocracoke every year. It's a liberal haven, tye-dye and peace signs everywhere. Surf's up and the sweet smell of somethin's burnin', doncha know!? Everyone bikes or walks -no SUV's allowed and the beach goes on forever....

thanks for askin', my little terrorist is perkin' just fine and will be a fine old hippie/community activist some day...or an NBA player. :dance3:

Egads, I can hardly stand it-eight more days til we can sing...

na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey go-od bye!:banana:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
single digit dance...
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I was going to raise you 5 but got a notice that there is a limit of 25 images..imagine? We can't even dance the dance!

Hope you're feeling better soon! I see you are another lucky one who can Dis while working. ;)

On another note, have you all noticed that the closer we get to the election, the more the cons' teeth start chattering. Fear is not a good thing. We took the kids to see The Tale of Despereaux today. In the movie, the mice are taught to be fearful. They cannot survive out in the world unless they have fear. It really reminded me of some conversations here on The Dis today.

Wow! The parallel is uncanny.

Is this a private party or can any bleeding heart join;) ?

Get on in here, girl! The more, the merrier! Feel free to chime in whenever you want.

Speaking of which, M....we have work tomorrow bright and early...you and I.

And I can't sleep.

Where's the patchouli incense when ya' need it?

Thanks peoples! I was lurking over at the Cons thread and had to leave. It was a purely academic exercise but I feel so dirty now:sad2:

:lmao:

Hey a lot of you have been here for awhile-what's up with the brick wall brigade? Oh and the sour grape brigade as well?

Thanks peoples! I was lurking over at the Cons thread and had to leave. It was a purely academic exercise but I feel so dirty now:sad2:

Hey a lot of you have been here for awhile-what's up with the brick wall brigade? Oh and the sour grape brigade as well?

I did the same thing - I need to be cleansed!!

Welcome both of you.

Now shower off and stay a while.

The next few years should be fun.

And ahem...if you can answer your questions Lisa...you win liberal bonus points. Possibly a plate full of arugula.

Welcome both of you.

Now shower off and stay a while.

The next few years should be fun.

And ahem...if you can answer your questions Lisa...you win liberal bonus points. Possibly a plate full of arugula.

Arugula GOOD!:love:

Speaking of which, M....we have work tomorrow bright and early...you and I.

And I can't sleep.

Where's the patchouli incense when ya' need it?

Don't remind me. Why do the weekends go by so fast? I have a bag of empty lesson plans downstairs callin' my name! On a good note, we have a 3-day weekend coming up! :thumbsup2

I did the same thing - I need to be cleansed!!

:lmao: Okay, but we don't bathe over here. Us libs just dab on LOTS of patchouli instead. :flower3:

I agree. I'm not upset with Obama or his modifications. Life is fluid, and change is necessary. I think people should wait to see what Obama accomplishes before they start going nuts.

In that world, their life is stagnant, rigid and never changing. Times do not and cannot change, and neither can Society according to them. If they were told the sky was green, they would surely believe it.

I truly feel sorry for those people.

In that world, their life is stagnant, rigid and never changing. Times do not and cannot change, and neither can Society according to them. If they were told the sky was green, they would surely believe it.

I truly feel sorry for those people.

Ain't that the truth. I know they're out there but I am always in shock when I actually converse with one of them:confused:

Well, since I've been here, this is the first election the DIS did not predict accurately, I'd say that's why the sour grapes... I expect to see it for the next EIGHT YEARS! :cool1:

Well, since I've been here, this is the first election the DIS did not predict accurately, I'd say that's why the sour grapes... I expect to see it for the next EIGHT YEARS! :cool1:

Oh No-have no fear. Although they did not vote for Obama-they will "throw their support behind him" like good Americans:thumbsup2 .

*retch*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter