THE "Let's Make Wyndham Bonnet Creek Even Better!" BOARD

Royal Duke of Epcot

Earning My Ears
Those of us that own or rent points at Wydham Bonnet Creek love it in oh-so-many ways. Still, there are always things that a company can do to make our stay a little bit better.

As the WBC complex grows with the addition of a seventh building as a hotel, perhaps it is time to think about how Wyndham can keep the party goin' !!!!

I would make the following changes to the property:

1. For the kids: a briskly moving choo-choo train along the perimeter, running in front of each building, would take the kids to a "RECREATION STATION" located where the sand volleyball court currently sits. All aboard!!

2. Atop every building (or at least a few of them) should be a "Gorgeous Garden" viewing area to see the fireworks/laser shows from WDW.

3. The final floor of the parking ramp should not be an ugly, empty lot lot for cars. Cover that with tennis courts.

4. Rooms need to be equipped with USB ports for MP3 players. Its a cheap investment that makes anyone under the age of 40 very happy. Nobody carries CD's anymore, and not having tunes to wake up to is a BURDEN! I like to bop around to the Decemberists or David Bowie when I'm making my Royal Highness Hash Browns for the kids in the morning, what can I say :) :cool1:

5. Picnic/BBQ areas should have a intercom system that buzzes back up to your room. Put your room key in a slot and it will activate the intercom just for your room. "Honey, I forget the marinade, can you bring down the marinade and a brewski LOL!!!" :laughing:

5. Wireless internet. Come on. If we wanted total, 19th century, off the grid immersion, we'd stay on Disney property! :surfweb:

6. A big screen in the lobby just to show jpg. pictures sent in real-time by guests showing how much fun they are having at the resort or at the WDW parks. It would be a great way to start conversations with other guests and the kids would be THRILLED to see their pics in public!!

We are just scratching the surface....lets hear your ideas DISBOARD-ers! :wizard:

HRH Duke of Epcot

The biggest and most important change owners need to make at BC and most other Wyndham resorts is to take control of the HOA Board from Wyndham & put it in the hands of independent owners as it was designed to be. Then proper work will get done to maintain & upgrade as required, fees will be realistically set (especially reserves) and the choices made will be for OWNERS not the sales department as they seem to be now.

The best timeshares in both looks & value are those directly run by the owners. BC deserves to be one.

The biggest and most important change owners need to make at BC and most other Wyndham resorts is to take control of the HOA Board from Wyndham & put it in the hands of independent owners as it was designed to be. Then proper work will get done to maintain & upgrade as required, fees will be realistically set (especially reserves) and the choices made will be for OWNERS not the sales department as they seem to be now.

The best timeshares in both looks & value are those directly run by the owners. BC deserves to be one.

It's been awhile since I actually read my paperwork... but I'm trying to recall if there is a certain goal that we are still waiting on to be able take control of the BC HOA (purchased percentage maybe?)..... or is pretty much just at the point of educating the owners on who's running that isn't part of Wyndham?

5. Picnic/BBQ areas should have a intercom system that buzzes back up to your room. Put your room key in a slot and it will activate the intercom just for your room. "Honey, I forget the marinade, can you bring down the marinade and a brewski LOL!!!"

That's what cell phones are for. I was never a big fan and only got one because I had to have it, but it really IS nice when you're on vacation. You can separate at the parks and it's no problem to find the rest of the group when the time comes.

Sheila

That's what cell phones are for. I was never a big fan and only got one because I had to have it, but it really IS nice when you're on vacation. You can separate at the parks and it's no problem to find the rest of the group when the time comes.

Sheila

Sheila, I wear speedos around the resort, where am i gonna put a cell phone? :banana:

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, keep the great ideas a-comin'!

It's been awhile since I actually read my paperwork... but I'm trying to recall if there is a certain goal that we are still waiting on to be able take control of the BC HOA (purchased percentage maybe?)..... or is pretty much just at the point of educating the owners on who's running that isn't part of Wyndham?

#2. The turnover date has come & gone. Nowit should be open to all owners to be Board members & majority to the owners. Good luck! We've been trying for over a decade at Kingsgate - got close but so far still one short.

1. For the kids: a briskly moving choo-choo train along the perimeter,

2. Atop every building (or at least a few of them) should be a "Gorgeous Garden" viewing area to see the fireworks/laser shows from WDW.

3. The final floor of the parking ramp should not be an ugly, empty lot lot for cars. Cover that with tennis courts.

4. Rooms need to be equipped with USB ports for MP3 players.

5. Picnic/BBQ areas should have a intercom system that buzzes back up to your room.

5. Wireless internet.

6. A big screen in the lobby just to show jpg.

HRH Duke of Epcot

#1 - nice idea...too expensive to add after the resort is done

#2 - nice idea...but you would have to remove a room, they wont give up the revenue

#3 - bad idea...the parking garage needs 3 or 4 more decks of parking space

#4 - bad idea...there is an aux port on the stereo already, a $2.99 adapter from wal mart plugs any mp3 player in

#5 - bad idea..just bring your own router and plug it in with DHCP turned off, instant private wireless. did this both times. actually enjoyend broadcasting the ssid "i have wireless you dont" since we were right next to the pool at building 5, i got all kinds of looks surfing by the pool. several people tried to access my wireless and couldnt you are crazy to just plug into the network on the phone. you are then on the same side of the firewall as all the guests in your building. and 1 of them with a virus or malicious intentions can be bad news for your pc

#6 - nice idea...would be easy for the place to set up

My feedback for BC after 2 visits in 18 months is to fix security. 2-3 pizza coupons a night under the door is crazy. it is supposed to be a secure key card hotel. The tv in the lobby of building 5 was stolen last year.

It's a great property, with a great location, and great price. i think the price has people staying there who normally dont stay at places that nice and dont know how to act.

Thanks for the feedback on the Mp3 Player, I'll grab one of those adapters at the Radio Shack...who knew??! now can you come over and help me install this dishwasher :rotfl2:

As for the wireless thing...i don't see most people packing a router, but i have gotten around this by using an app called PDAnet via my smart phone. it tethers the computer and uses the phone as a modem. works nicely for me.

i was taken aback by the pizza coupons thing too...i suspect its few trusted sources that have kicked back a little cash-ola to the Wyndham people.

folks, keep those ideas coming...i know the wyndham people are listenin'!

I'm not packing a router either. Every hotel should have wireless internet, especially ones with accomodations above two stars.

I do the router more for the extra layer of security. Seriously. Net time you are there, browse "my computer" and look at all the available networked computers for you. I am not proud, but i spent 1 night just looking through people computers at their vacation photo's and seeing what music they had.

I am in IT, and 90% of people don't have their computers locked down correctly to share 1 big LAN like that. Plugging in a router (again, I am in IT i have 2 or 3 laying around), put a firewall between you and everyone else.

Just some food for thought.

#5 - bad idea..just bring your own router and plug it in with DHCP turned off, instant private wireless. did this both times. I actually enjoyend broadcasting the ssid "i have wireless you dont" since we were right next to the pool at building 5, i got all kinds of looks surfing by the pool. several people tried to access my wireless and couldnt you are crazy to just plug into the network on the phone. you are then on the same side of the firewall as all the guests in your building. and 1 of them with a virus or malicious intentions can be bad news for your pc
Sounds like something my DH or DS13 would cook up. My kids love to watch for ssid names driving around. Some are hilarious!

I do the router more for the extra layer of security. Seriously. Next time you are there, browse "my computer" and look at all the available networked computers for you. I am not proud, but i spent 1 night just looking through people computers at their vacation photo's and seeing what music they had.
:rotfl2: What I really want to know is did you find anything good that would make it worth my time? :rolleyes1

It's a great property, with a great location, and great price. i think the price has people staying there who normally dont stay at places that nice and dont know how to act.

I haven't seen anything too out of the ordinary, but I've only been to the resort four times and during the off season. What have you seen that makes to feel that too much riff raff is hangin around?

Also, on an unrelated topic...would it be feasible to offer jet skis in the lake? I heard some people talking about it at the escuados when i was there in November.

Jet Skis- no- people would fall in and then it would be a liability issue, but what about paddle boats in the pond? They are much more stable. I like your idea about having a big screen in the lobby with people's pictures being sent in. It is a nice personal touch. Pizza ads have GOT TO GO!!! It is ridiculous!!! Also- where are the Cabana boys????? :rotfl:

I'm not packing a router either. Every hotel should have wireless internet, especially ones with accomodations above two stars.

Actually... not necessarily. Once you get a building past a certain size, it can be a MAJOR headache to ensure a reliable uniform wireless signal across all the rooms. You also can end up with one hell of a support nightmare with people trying to connect to it because of all the different devices, operating systems, and hardware configs, trying to connect to it.

One thing wired really trumps wireless on is ease of use. All the front desk needs to know is "Plug it in. Make sure you are set for DHCP.", and it will work for 9 out of 10 people. With Wireless you have to start knowing more about SSID's, encryption types, and even the differences between B, G, and N standards. You can also run into more problems with tracking down a problem with a bad attenna or interference.

Not to mention, Wired can support higher speeds.... though i'm guessing their network setup wouldn't be configured to really take advantage of that ability.

Also, on an unrelated topic...would it be feasible to offer jet skis in the lake? I heard some people talking about it at the escuados when i was there in November.

I honestly can't see it. The lake is too small, and i'm guessing shallow, to really allow Jet Ski's to be used to the fullest. You'd also run into liability concerns and problems with the existing fountain hardware in the lake.

Remember, this isn't a "for profit" hotel, but is a Timeshare resort owned by individuals. As such, all those extra costs for insurance or equipment would ultimately be borne by the owners via their maintenance fees. Even if Wyndham still controls the HOA which decided upon the budget, I can't see a drastic increase in costs for something like jet ski's being something that would be very popular among the owners paying those annual costs.

I do kinda like the paddle-boat idea though.

When I go in May I'll have a chat with Mr. Wyndham about the paddle boats. We are close personal friends, y'all :cheer2:

What do you guys think about a sandy beach lake side at the new hotel (bldg. 7), something like they do at Hyatt Grand Cypress?princess:

After discussing with the Royal Duchess of Epcot, we propose a renovation to Escuado's that would incorporate a swim-up bar during the high-season. What a perfect way to have a great time. :cool1:

Also, there's a lot of gentlemen that use WBC as a base to do golf weeks in Orlando. It would be so nice to have a driving range on the backside of the resort. It would really attract a lot of golfers IMHO.
:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter