• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The least expensive time to go to the world

dispatch21

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to make a quick 5-6 day trip sometime this year to meet some family down there. I'm looking for the least expensive time to book a 5-6 day trip. I was thinking about doing it in late January, after the 15th probably. I also know that September is a good time to go but sept 09 is too soon and sept 2010 is just too far away! THank You

I believe January, February, and September after Labor Day but before food and wine festival are the least crowded! We are going for our first time in September and I'm looking forward to the HOT weather and the low crowds!!:cool1:

I'm looking to make a quick 5-6 day trip sometime this year to meet some family down there. I'm looking for the least expensive time to book a 5-6 day trip. I was thinking about doing it in late January, after the 15th probably. I also know that September is a good time to go but sept 09 is too soon and sept 2010 is just too far away! THank You
Yes, the last week of Jan. is one of the quietest and least expensive times to go to WDW. Just beware it can get COLD there that time of year - one year we woke up to 32 degree temps!! But on the other hand Sept. can be HOT, but also fairly cheap and quiet...

HTH!!

According to the 2010 rates just released Value season is:
Jan 3 - 14
Jan 18 - Feb 11
Aug 15 - Sept 30
Nov 28 - Dec 16

For the remainder of 2009 Value season is:
Aug 9 - Oct 1
Nov 29 - Dec 17

We went the last day in January/first week in Feb. this year and we got a great deal. I'm not sure if they will offer it again, but we paid for 4 nights and tickets and got 3 nights AND tickets for free. We also got a $200 gift card. It was value season as well. It was chilly, but I think it's better than being hot and sticky...you can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so many clothes off. Most rides had 5 minute waits. I couldn't recommend a better time to go.

The two weeks after Thanksgiving are also very inexpensive and very little crowds. The weather is usually in the low 80's. I only have had one bad day in the low 50's since I have been going.....

I will have to agree with above poster. The week after thanksgiving is very quiet AND everything is decorated for christmas.

I may keep the week after thanksgiving in mind for the future. Went in mid October last year, pretty crowded. Going in late Sept. this year, got a feeling it's gonna be hot.

above early December is a quieter and cheaper time to go. The value period for 2009 is 11/29-12/17. Also, the rates for value resorts stayed the same for weekdays for value periods. In the 2010 rates weekends are $10 higher than weekdays. Not so in 2009.

September 2009 may be to close but early December 2009 gives you some time to plan. There is a current room only rate discount with limited availability by resort that is $74/night vs the normal $82. Disney also has a "free dining" offer currently running for this same period. For value resorts you get the QS plan. For moderate and higher you get the normal DDP plan. The free dining is not really free since you pay rack rates for your room. The value of it depends on where you stay, how many people are in you room and how you dine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter