*The Laughing Place is Where I'm Bound! SEPT 2016 PTR* Final Update 9/10- New TR Link!!!!

Memories of Disney Trips Past Part 4: 2013!!

Hello friends! Here is the 4th and final establishment of my Disney Trip Memories! After this post, I will return to true time as our vacation is coming up soon and I'm starting to get more and more excited :yay:

Trip #5: May 20-26, 2013

This post will probably be the longest yet, because it was only 3 years ago and I remember the most from this trip. This vacation was fun, but definitely had some ups and downs because my family of 4 adults was all in one room!! After I turned 18, when we all traveled together we decided to start getting 2 rooms, with Haley and I in one room and my parents in another. It makes things go a lot smoother, especially if Haley and I want to stay out later than my parents. Plus, sharing one shower between 4 people (and 3 women) can be tough! But, this year, my Mom’s work meeting was in Disney World again, and we could get a convention rate! The catch was, we could only get one room.

Her meetings were at the Swolphin, and since we aren't interested in staying there we looked at other options on the Boardwalk. BC was out because we stayed there last time and wanted to try something new, so it was between BWI and YC. YC won out because of its cool theming, better location and lack of creepy clown pool ;)

So, it was booked in December 2012! 6 nights at the Yacht Club with 6-day base tickets, since we weren't planning to park hop this trip. We made a few ADRs ahead of time, since we had learned last trip that ADRs are a necessary evil! No magic bands or FP+ yet, so we still had paper tickets and same-day FPs. Let's get started!!

Day 1- We left on Monday, May 20th. The weekend before had been crazy, with me finishing my freshman year of college and moving out of the dorms and my sister graduating college with a Bachelor’s in Communication Disorders (she now works as a Speech Pathologist). Haley graduated the Sunday before we left and her school was an hour from our house, so we were out late the night before and had to pack very last-minute.

It was a quick turn around; the next day we woke up at about 4:00 AM to catch our 6:30 flight to Orlando! The flight was smooth and fast, and we landed at MCO by 10:45 AM. We then took the DME over to the Yacht Club and got there at just after noon. It took a while to check in, since Disney had me in the system as being 10 years old? :rotfl2: We were thinking that maybe they still had our info from when we stayed at the BC in 2005! But, the gentleman checking us in was wonderful and got things straightened out right away. As a consolation to the check-in difficulties, he upgraded us to THIS VIEW….

IMG_0640_zpsxkbbb8dd.jpg

I literally almost cried. We had paid for a standard view and probably got the best view of the whole resort. It was so amazing to just stand on our balcony and people-watch! This picture alone would convince me to stay at Yacht Club again and pay for lagoon view.

After exploring our awesome room, we freshened up and headed to Epcot at 1:30. We loved the quick, 5-minute walk! Our first ride was Spaceship Earth, and it was such a perfect first ride that it has become a running tradition for Mom and I!

Test Track was down, so we grabbed a fast pass for Soarin' and did Living with the Land. After our education at The Land, we got some lunch at Electric Umbrella and headed to The Seas to ride Nemo and look at the fish.

IMG_0645%201_zpsn056nhmx.jpg

Photo-op!

We rode a few other rides after this, then redeemed our fast pass for Soarin’! Love this ride. Haley didn't remember much from our 2005 trip, so she didn't know what to expect. I caught a look on her face during Soarin' that was a look of pure joy, and I'll never forget that :goodvibes. Haley is usually pretty stoic, so to see her hold her arms out and squeal on Soarin was so cool to watch!

After we explored Future World, we headed over to World Showcase. We had an ADR for Teppan Edo, but it wasn't until 8:50 PM, so we took our time wandering around the countries. My dad and sister both got Oktoberfest beers and Jaegar Bombs at Germany, but I had other plans…

IMG_0648_zpszu7rlgsv.jpg

Meeting Snow White! She was adorable and her voice was so high! Of course, once Haley saw me waiting in line she had to join! This was one of our only character meets this trip.

We made our way around all of World Showcase, shopping and snacking until it was finally time to head over to Teppan Edo. I was a bit bummed, because we missed Illuminations, but Teppan Edo was great! My sister and I got fruity drinks to start off our vacation right.

IMG_0649_zpslueuq2wc.jpg

Our server was wonderful and so was our food. One of the best parts of the night, however, was walking back to the YC through a completely empty World Showcase. It was so cool to see Epcot that deserted and was a great way to end the night! Once we returned to the hotel, we crashed!

Day 2- Magic Kingdom day! If you haven't noticed already, we like to do our park days in a similar pattern every trip. We woke up a bit late, around 9:15 AM, and grabbed frappes at the coffee shop in the YC lobby. This coffee shop came in handy this week; we got coffee here almost every morning before hitting the parks. We moseyed on over to the bus stop and caught a Magic Kingdom bus, arriving at about 10:30.

As soon as we got into the park, my dad was on a mission! We rushed over to Frontierland, grabbed FPs for BTMRR and decided to wait standby for Splash Mountain. It was a 35-minute wait, then we were on! Always a classic. Once we disembarked, My mom decided that she needed a late breakfast. Well naturally, we got….

IMG_0654_zpsz04nauwl.jpg

Mickey Bars! Yum yum! We rode some classics in Fantasyland and Adventureland and redeemed our FP for BTMRR before we decided to get some lunch. Just out of curiosity, we asked if Liberty Tree Tavern had any openings and they did! We were seated right away. I had a turkey, pecan, and cranberry salad, and it was very refreshing because it was starting to get hot outside. We loved Liberty Tree Tavern’s cute theming and ambiance.

After lunch, we got FPs for Peter Pan’s Flight and decided to look at Storybook Circus. We rode Dumbo and the Barnstormer, then looped back around New Fantasyland to ride Journey of the Little Mermaid, Peter Pan and the Carousel. After this, it was getting to be about 5:00 PM, so my dad headed out of the park. We walked him to the front, and once he boarded a bus, Mom, Haley and I and looked around the shops on Main Street. We bought treats at the Confectionary and decided to eat them while taking a loop around the park on the train. This was a nice way to relax and talk about our day :)

Once the train stopped back at Main Street, we got off and rode some rides in Tomorrowland before scoping out a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade. While my mom held our spot, Haley and I got pepperoni flatbreads and chocolate milk from Pinnochio’s Village Haus to share. Just as we came back, the parade started and we ate and watched the MSEP!

Of course, we stayed to watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes :) Then, we made our way out of the park with the masses.

Small rant here: the bus service at the YC was some of the worst we had experienced at WDW. This would be the only reason we'd pause at staying here again, because we LOVE the YC. But, this trip, YC shared all busses with BC, BWI, and the Swolphin!! It was frustrating, because we'd see countless busses for Pop, Port Orleans, etc. but only one for all of the Boardwalk resorts! We understood that bussing can be tough for crowds, but since we were staying at a Deluxe, we expected better bus service. So, in short, both nights coming back from Magic Kingdom had extremely long waits and commutes! At least now coming up, Mom and I know in advance that the GF shares busses and we are prepared for it!

Day 3- This day, my mom had meetings, my dad went golfing, and my sister and I went to Universal Studios! Since Harry Potter World was contained to one park at the time, we spent our whole day at Islands of Adventure. It was fun, but I was a chicken this trip and shied away from many of Universal’s rides. In my defense, their rides are way more intense than Disney’s!

We took a cab from YC and bought our tickets at the front of the park. Of course, we beelined it straight to Harry Potter World! Haley rode Dragon Challenge, then we both rode Forbidden Journey. Ach :rolleyes2 Never again. The simulators made me so dizzy and nauseous!

Well, what better way to cure tummy troubles than a cold Butterbeer slushy??

IMG_0792_zpsoss20oig.jpg

We enjoyed our Butterbeers and walked around Hogsmeade. Haley bought some candy at Honeydukes and we also looked in Ollivanders. Haley was in total heaven! She loves Harry Potter and was so excited. I like Harry Potter too, but prefer Disney of course :thumbsup2

After our Hogwarts adventure, we walked to the Universal Boardwalk for some lunch. We decided on Margaritaville, a family favorite!

After lunch, we went back to IOA so Haley could ride The Hulk (I looked in the gift shop while she rode)! Then, we walked over to Seuss Landing, where I got some candy for myself and we rode some kiddie rides. Lastly, we went to Jurassic Park and rode the water ride before heading back to the Yacht Club.

We got back at about 4:30, showered and got changed for dinner. We ate at the ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk! I remember being so excited because they had the Cheerleading Worlds competition on the TVs! My dad loves the ESPN Zone, so we always try to stop by here. We took our time heading back after dinner, stopping at Seashore Sweets for dessert and watching the street performers. There is nothing like the Boardwalk at night. We got back at about 10:30 PM and Mom and I people-watched on our balcony for a bit before hitting the hay!

Day 4- Hollywood Studios day! We got a late start and took the boat over to DHS at about 10:30. Right as we entered the park, we got a FP for Rockin’ Roller Coaster and waited standby for Tower of Terror. We love Tower of Terror! I can’t believe my dad went on it.. he is terrified of heights and wouldn’t even ride Soarin’! But, he is a huge fan of the Twilight Zone; we often watch it together when it’s on TV.

Then, we did the Great Movie Ride, walked around Streets of America and watched One Man’s Dream while waiting to redeem our FP for RnRc.

IMG_0693_zpsvigt3kga.jpg

A quick photo of me and my favorite ride at DHS!

After our amazing ride of RnRc, we headed over to our lunch ADR at….

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater! Where else?? :)

We had a great meal as always. Their Oreo shakes are amazing! Walking out of Sci-Fi, we run into this silly dog!!

IMG_0701_zpsfsiyfh8n.jpg

After meeting with Pluto, my dad headed out of the park while Haley, Mom, and I headed over to Muppetvision. You guys, I know it’s corny, but I LOVE this show! It’s sooo outdated, but I hope they never change it!
We had a bit of free time after Muppetvision before we were supposed to head back to YC. We utilized this time to try a new attraction at DHS: The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow. It was a 40 minute wait, but we were pumped to try something different!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

WHAT EVEN WAS THAT ATTRACTION. It was so silly and completely age inappropriate for us. We felt like idiots for wasting our time to do it, we would have rather watched Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage! Apparently, Disney had the same ideas we did, because they closed the “ride” shortly after. If you want a giggle, look up the attraction video on Youtube and imagine 3 adult women voluntarily waiting 40 minutes to do it :rotfl:

After our disappointing ride experience, we exited the park and boated back to YC to get ready for dinner. We then took a cab over to the Polynesian for an exciting night at the Spirit of Aloha Luau! We did this back in 2002 when we stayed at the Poly and loved it, so we decided to try it again this year! It was really cute; I love how they played music from Lilo and Stitch and the food is always amazing!

Once the Luau was over, we watched some of Aladdin on the Poly beach and stayed to watch Wishes. I LOVE watching Wishes from the Polynesian. It was a perfect way to end the night.

Day 5- Today served as a rest day. My mom had some work functions in the morning, and my dad really wanted to check out Stormalong Bay. I decided to tag along with my mom in the morning and then Dad and Haley in the afternoon to spend time with both of them. My mom woke up at 6:00 AM, but I slept until 9:30 and strolled over to the Dolphin to meet her. We watched some of her resident’s presentations and walked around the convention until we decided to grab some lunch together. After weighing our options, we decided on the Crew’s Cup Lounge. Fun fact- it was here that we started talking about doing a mother-daughter trip to Disney World :idea::cutie: I’m so glad that just us two got lunch here this day. The lunch was ok, but our server was less than friendly, which is unheard of for Disney!

After our lunch, my mom walked back to the Dolphin while I changed into my swimsuit and headed for Stormalong Bay. I met my dad and Haley there, and we swam and relaxed for the afternoon. It was boiling hot this day; the pool felt like a jacuzzi! We got some popsicles to cool down and ate them in the pool.

Then, at about 5:30 PM, we showered and got ready for a night of a lifetime- The Magic Kingdom’s first 24-Hour Event! I was SO excited to do this and couldn’t get ready fast enough. We took the long bus ride to Magic Kingdom and stopped in our tracks as soon as we entered the park...

CROWDS. SO MANY CROWDS. We had had pretty moderate crowds all week and were not prepared for what we saw. Of course, we didn’t take into account how many locals/passholders would come out for the 24-hour event. But, we didn’t let this affect the night; we were planning on staying the whole time!

IMG_0737_zpscxwvow7w.jpg

Haley and I in our Minnie Ears

Right away, we decided to grab dinner at Columbia Harbor House and ride some favorites before Wishes. We weren’t worried about catching MSEP because there were multiple showings of it all night! The hub was absolutely packed, but we managed to get a great spot! Wishes was amazing as always. Then, my dad left with the masses to go to bed, leaving Mom, Haley, and I to rally!! We first headed to Haunted Mansion, then rode BTMRR. Right before midnight, we knew we had to ride Splash Mountain. It is surprisingly intense in the dark! After disembarking Splash Mountain, we headed on over to Adventureland for a much-anticipated snack…

A Dole Whip! I had heard about these all over the internet and knew we had to try one. The line was 45 minutes long, but we stuck it out and it was so worth it! We all got the pineapple-orange swirl and enjoyed our tasty treats before doing a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean.

It was then that we started to hit a wall. My mom was full of energy, but Haley and I were tired from the long week. Plus, I had picked the wrong shoes to wear that night and my feet were killing me! But, we stuck it out for a bit longer. We rode almost all of the rides in Fantasyland before finally calling it quits at 3:00 AM.

It was quite funny exiting the park at 3 AM and seeing the MSEP going on! I was so surprised at how many little kids were still awake at that time of night! We were slap-happy at this point, laughing at everything and stopping in every shop we passed by to look. But then, my mom made the fatal error of the night…. Going inside the Confectionary.

Well, of course we can’t stop in the Main Street Confectionary without wanting to buy something! The line was ridiculous and we were exhausted, but my mom insisted on waiting in line. Haley and I were practically crying because we were so tired :rotfl2:. We must have really looked pitiful, because a CM came up to us in line and gave us free M&M-covered Rice Krispie Treats! We thanked her profusely and put on brave faces until we got on the bus for YC, then we absolutely crashed. My mom woke us up when we got back to the hotel, and we fell asleep again as soon as our heads hit the pillow!

Day 6- Our last full day in Disney :sad: My mom had more meetings this day, and my dad wanted to golf again, so Haley and I decided to hit up Animal Kingdom for some sister fun! We slept in late after our long night, so we didn’t arrive at Animal Kingdom until noon. We did Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, and the Safari before grabbing lunch. Mickey pretzels with cheese and Frozen Chai Lattes were our choice! They really hit the spot. Then, we rode Primeval Whirl and Expedition Everest again.

We had time to do one more attraction before leaving, and guess what Haley chooses? It’s Tough to Be a Bug :crazy2:. As some of you may know, I’m not a huge fan of this attraction. I think it’s cute, but a bit freaky and gross. Needless to say, I was not very happy that our last ride in Disney World was a 3D movie about bugs :sad2:

Since we were running late, we took a cab back to YC and quickly got ready for dinner. We had plans to meet up with my mom’s work friends in Downtown Disney and eat at Portobello this night.

We took a bus to Downtown Disney and kind of rushed our way through the Marketplace. My dad doesn’t really like to shop, so us girls were a bit bummed that we couldn’t look longer. We managed to pick out our Christmas ornament for tradition, but then it was time to eat. (Note- this was why Mom and I were so upset to be rushed in Downtown Disney AGAIN in 2015. This trip, we have 2 nights planned there to fully enjoy it ::yes::). We had dinner with one of my mom’s colleagues and his family. Haley and I were thoroughly entertained, because Mom's friend's daughter was an actress who lived out in Hollywood and had some crazy stories to tell us!

After dinner, we got some gelato from a vendor and took our time walking around before saying our goodbyes and heading back to YC. We had to be back early because we had an early flight back to Milwaukee the next day :sad1:

Day 7- We woke up at about 6:15 AM to finish up packing and clean up the room, then our DME arrived at 7:30. At the airport, we breezed through security and had breakfast from McDonalds with one of my mom’s coworkers. We arrived back in Milwaukee that afternoon, all of us depressed that our vacation was over :( Pretty much as soon as we got back, Mom and I started planning our mother-daughter trip for 2015 :thumbsup2

*Shameless Plug- If you want to read about that trip, click the link down in my signature for my August-September 2015 TR :)*

Well Disfriends, that’s all for my Memories of Disney Trips Past! I had so much fun writing these and re-living all of the magical memories princess: I hope you have enjoyed reading them and I also hope that they’ve inspired you to look through your old photos as well. I’ll be back with a real-time update later this week :) See Ya Real Soon! pluto:

Last edited:
What a fun trip! So cool that you got to experience the 24 hour day, I always wanted to go but was never able to! And it sounds like you got some nice family time, as well as alone time with your sis!

What a fun trip! So cool that you got to experience the 24 hour day, I always wanted to go but was never able to! And it sounds like you got some nice family time, as well as alone time with your sis!

The 24 hour day was awesome! I wish we wouldn't have been so tired :rotfl:It was great spending quality time with Haley, I hope that maybe one day we can do a sisters trip!

23 Days Until Disney!!

Ahhhh! It’s getting so close, you guys! In just over 3 weeks, Mom and I will be boarding a plane to sunny Orlando! Plus, in about a week and a half, my family and I are spending a week up in Northern Wisconsin at our cabin. While most people don’t want summer to end, I’m looking forward to fall! :earboy2:

In trip news, our Magic Bands came yesterday! We were sooo excited to get these. Once we opened our box, it really hit us that we were going to Disney World and staying at one of our dream resorts! As you can see, I went with yellow and mom went with purple.

6C603B8E-740A-42ED-8886-55223EC2F5E2_zpsvt9undb0.jpg

59453A88-E1AB-442A-B22B-D3700989F01D_zpsypfsss0g.jpg

My mom was agonizing over which color to pick for the longest time. She kept switching between pink and purple, and I kept having to go back into MDE to change her color :rotfl2: But, she finally settled on purple, her reason being that I got pink last year and she us wants to collect all the different colors of Magic Bands! I thought purple was a great choice. I was actually debating on choosing purple for a little while, but once I found the Dumbo Magic Slider online, I knew that I had to go with yellow. Plus, yellow is my second favorite color besides pink and the bright color screams Florida! Mom’s still debating on what decorations she wants for her Magic Band and says she needs to see all of the options in person.

In shopping news, Mom and I have been starting to make a list of necessities for the trip. This started when my mom made an awesome purchase at the Wisconsin State Fair…

07D508E4-227A-46AE-B5B5-99151C6E0FF1_zpsgf6sq0ao.jpg

Cooling towels! You guys, these things are so neat! They sort of work like a “ShamWow.” First, you wet the towel with water and wring it out. Then, you flick it a few times in the air and the towel instantly becomes ice cold! The best part is that the towel is made out of a spongey material, so it won’t stay soaking wet and leak in our bags! We are so excited to use these, since I’m sure that it will be blazing hot. We bought a Disney water sprayer on our trip last year, but lost it earlier this summer while golfing :sad1: So, we are really hoping that this will do the trick, since it is nice and light while the water sprayer could get heavy to lug around.

This purchase got us thinking about other things we may need to bring into the parks. Mom and I will each be carrying a fanny pack (vintage, I know ;)). We really don’t want to bring a backpack into the parks, but if we need to, we may buy a drawstring bag while at Disney. That being said, we are on the lookout for travel-size items that would be useful! So far, we have these on our list:

Mini Hand Sanitizers

0D95E7EE-2A76-4437-AA1B-68B15FF2DC66_zpsvgnmxvhy.jpg

These things really came in handy last trip! We love the kinds that come with a cute little holder to hang onto your bag. That way, you have easy access! A lot of times, instead of waiting in the long line at the bathroom, I would simply use my antibacterial after using the restroom! Plus, these work out great if you need to wash your hands before eating, since some of those ride restraints are quite germy :crazy2:

Wet Wipes

0A46C81D-3CFB-4F6C-8849-981EB9402FFE_zpsveyozuhu.png

These were what we wish we had last year! After a Mickey Bar fell apart in my hands, I knew that we needed to invest in some wet wipes for next trip. You never know when disaster may occur!

Mini Sunscreen Bottles

92D96DE4-2F02-44E2-83B7-629DB8CB436C_zpsqncbverl.jpg

Neither of us burn very easily, but it's better to be safe than sorry. We always apply sunscreen in the room before heading out, but water rides and crazy weather can jack up your sunscreen, so we always take a back-up! We love this sunscreen pictured above. It's called "Cool-Zone" because there is some chemical in it that makes the sunscreen feel ice cold when you spray it on your body. That definitely helps in the Florida heat!

Chapstick with SPF

DDF36C90-CC2C-40D2-BDBE-3565F2F5FC98_zpsmgytwo9l.png

Something about amusement parks always makes my lips super dry! Maybe it's the air rushing at your face on the fast rides?? Anywho, I'm obsessed with Sun Bum chapstick. It smells so tropical and sweet, but also keeps your lips protected and smooth.

Mini Deodorant

C614F32B-4FDD-408F-955A-FF1A70A9D9A0_zpsgm3et1pw.jpg

A little bit TMI, I know! But, heat = sweat, and sweat = body odor. You don't want to be stinky at Disney! The spray kind of deodorant is my favorite because it's quick, easy, and doesn't stain clothing!

Band-Aids

6B28AF07-11AE-45F7-8189-7BA51D89FF08_zps3lieq8vl.jpg

I basically get a blister if I walk a few steps, so these will come in handy! Plus, it's always good to have Band-Aids in general in case someone gets hurt (A.K.A me, because I'm a
klutz :rolleyes1)...

Ibuprofen

560E7395-380D-4B56-9DF0-CE468279C3FE_zpsgcgy0wgb.jpg

Ibuprofen is like the equivalent of Holy Water in my house. Whenever one of us is feeling off, my mom will usually just say "Take an Advil," and 99% of the time, it works! Plane rides sometimes give me headaches, and rich Disney food may also upset our tummies, so Advil will definitely make the trip with us.

Mini Hand Lotion

C3C9F6AD-2A3F-47E0-A688-48C82060DA3D_zpszto9ctm0.jpg

Bath and Body Works for the win! Seriously, I can never pass up their 3 minis for $9 deal! Too much sun/chlorine can mean dry skin for me, so I'll make sure to bring a few bottles. I also moisturize pretty much every night before bed, so I'll get good use out of these!

Please let me know if you guys have any go-to items that you always bring into the parks! I would love some tips/insight :flower3:

On the snacks front, we are still debating on if we are bringing any/what we are going to bring. We wouldn't need enough food to justify ordering anything from Garden Grocer. Last year, we brought some breakfast items from home and that ended up working really well, so I think we will do the same this year. We will probably also bring a few munchies for the room in case we get an inkling for a late-night snack!

As for breakfast items, I eat the same breakfast at home every day: fruit and yogurt. Since these foods are not exactly suitable for a plane ride, I'm going with what I eat for breakfast on the go:

C08E29F9-A1BC-4C9E-B965-247772C03632_zpsddzaiukx.jpg

Quest Protein Bars.

I LOVE Quest Bars. They are soft, chewy, filling, and taste like candy bars! Last year, we bought Pop-Tarts, but these are a healthier choice and the high protein will give me lots of energy to take on the parks. My favorite flavors are Cookies and Cream and Cinnamon Bun!

As for drinks, I drink a cup of coffee every morning. I'm not picky about my coffee, so I'll just make a cup every morning in the room. But, my mom only drinks one thing every morning, and that's:

3E181BA9-A080-4A02-A7A7-17A5A8F787CB_zpsr06ifwt4.jpg

Jade Citrus Mint Tea from Starbucks.

Since she will only drink the "authentic" stuff, we will need to buy some tea bags from home and bring them. As for other drinks, we usually just drink water, but we may bring a few big bottles of Gatorade and store them in the fridge in case we want something sweeter!

On the snack front, my mom and I both are particular about what we like. Knowing my mom, she'll probably pick out:

0017302A-E074-4134-A062-16162AEA8646_zpsq2yy7xjr.jpg

Chips Ahoy Candy Blasts Cookies

These cookies are a family favorite! I remember my parents always buying the individual packs of Chips Ahoy when I was little and putting a bag in my lunch box :cutie: I'll have to steal some of these as well; chocolate chip cookies are something that both my mom and I could live off of! As for me, I'll probably end up going with:

8F82EF34-8F75-47A3-A20D-B6AEC8DF3A58_zps8npqsh6f.png

Flamin' Hot Cheetos

As you guys may know, I'm really into spicy food. Plus, I'm a potato chip freak and vacation is always a time for splurging!

What are your guys' must-have snacks for a trip?? Let me know down in the comments below :) I hope this post has at least somewhat helped someone think of packing ideas, I know that I need all the help I can get! I'll be back soon with some updates on our daily Disney plans! Bye Disfriends! :smickey:

Last edited:
3 more weeks how exciting!! :dance3:

You guys will definitely be prepared for your trip! Most of your items are what I make sure to pack too. And I'm with you on the Ibuprofen, it's a sacred item in our house too!

I've started a food pile too, so far it consists of over 50 various breakfast bars (4 of us for 14 nights) several packets of biscuits/cookies and some savoury biscuits too. I always used to pack tea bags too but I don't think we used them last trip so will skip them. Plus for the flight I have tubes of Pringles, lots of different candy, tic tacs etc. I'm sure my daughters will still add to it :goodvibes

Oh I've also got 5 super concentrated squash pouches - it flavours water orange, blackcurrant etc

I bought a bunch of mini stuff for our trip too! If you get blisters you should bring some moleskin too and mini scissors. We didn't have any scissors last year and had to keep asking at the hotel desks. This year I also bought shoe inserts and cushioned socks. Hopefully I'm well prepared :rotfl:

I can't resist Bath and Body works sales either. I stock up at the annual sale and got some minis for trips too :thumbsup2

3 more weeks how exciting!! :dance3:

You guys will definitely be prepared for your trip! Most of your items are what I make sure to pack too. And I'm with you on the Ibuprofen, it's a sacred item in our house too!

Haha, Ibuprofen always does the trick!
I can't believe it's already 3 weeks away, this summer flew by!! :eek:

I've started a food pile too, so far it consists of over 50 various breakfast bars (4 of us for 14 nights) several packets of biscuits/cookies and some savoury biscuits too. I always used to pack tea bags too but I don't think we used them last trip so will skip them. Plus for the flight I have tubes of Pringles, lots of different candy, tic tacs etc. I'm sure my daughters will still add to it :goodvibes

Oh I've also got 5 super concentrated squash pouches - it flavours water orange, blackcurrant etc

Yummmmmmm, that all sounds amazing! Great idea on the drink pouches! They take up much less space than big bottles of Gatorade, might have to steal that idea :thumbsup2

I bought a bunch of mini stuff for our trip too! If you get blisters you should bring some moleskin too and mini scissors. We didn't have any scissors last year and had to keep asking at the hotel desks. This year I also bought shoe inserts and cushioned socks. Hopefully I'm well prepared :rotfl:

I can't resist Bath and Body works sales either. I stock up at the annual sale and got some minis for trips too :thumbsup2

I love mini stuff! It's just so cute and little that I think I need it all :rotfl:I never thought about moleskin before, is it like an Ace bandage?? It sounds like it does the trick with blisters! I should probably buy some cushioned socks too, last year my feet were absolutely killing me! :crazy2:

Kind of you put it on before a blister forms and it's supposed to prevent them. We didn't bring it last year but bought it halfway through when I already had several blisters. So this year I'm trying to be extra prepared!

Kind of you put it on before a blister forms and it's supposed to prevent them. We didn't bring it last year but bought it halfway through when I already had several blisters. So this year I'm trying to be extra prepared!

Off to the store right now to get some! :thumbsup2 That sounds like a great idea. I already have a huge blister on my third toe from running so I'm trying to take preventative measures as well :crazy2: I might also get some lavender essential oil for my current blister because I heard it does wonders, so I'll let you know if that works too !!

Btw- I love our deep conversation we just had about blisters :rotfl: sounds like we're kindred spirits :goodvibes

Off to the store right now to get some! :thumbsup2 That sounds like a great idea. I already have a huge blister on my third toe from running so I'm trying to take preventative measures as well :crazy2: I might also get some lavender essential oil for my current blister because I heard it does wonders, so I'll let you know if that works too !!

Btw- I love our deep conversation we just had about blisters :rotfl: sounds like we're kindred spirits :goodvibes

Yes it's good to have them before going not halfway through when you already have blisters :rotfl:I hated blister band aids though because their so sticky. I tried to take one off before it was ready to come off because half of it had already fallen off and I ended up pulling off skin :confused3 It's true we're kindred blister spirits :rotfl2:

I enjoyed your 2013 trip! That view from the Yacht Club is just :lovestruc The Epcot Resorts area is probably my favourite place to stay.

Also, we use the same deodorant, and eat the same protein bars!! We get the cookies and cream ones too :thumbsup2 Someone once tried to tell me that you don't have spray deodorant in America, I guess that's not true?! :laughing: It's basically all we use here, so I thought that souded a little crazy.

What are your guys' must-have snacks for a trip?? Let me know down in the comments below :)

I bring British snacks obviously, but after our halloween party last year I became obsessed with your PEANUT CHEWS :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc I need to get my hands on some of them again, and maybe even some big bars to bring home with me :cloud9:

We go in 19 days and you've reminded me that I am not ready!!! Haha

LOVE our cooling towels. We will bring those, and I also need to get wet wipes and ibuprofen. Already have lots of sunblock because we DO burn easy! Haha...off to make a list...

I enjoyed your 2013 trip! That view from the Yacht Club is just :lovestruc The Epcot Resorts area is probably my favourite place to stay.

Also, we use the same deodorant, and eat the same protein bars!! We get the cookies and cream ones too :thumbsup2 Someone once tried to tell me that you don't have spray deodorant in America, I guess that's not true?! :laughing: It's basically all we use here, so I thought that souded a little crazy.

I bring British snacks obviously, but after our halloween party last year I became obsessed with your PEANUT CHEWS :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc I need to get my hands on some of them again, and maybe even some big bars to bring home with me :cloud9:

I looooove the Epcot resort area!! Although seeing the castle from your resort takes your breath away, the Epcot resorts just feel like "home" to me. And yayyyy deodorant and Quest Bar twins!! :rotfl:And thats really funny, we do have spray deodorant here so not sure what they were talking about! But, in their defense, stick deodorant is definitely more popular in the U.S and that is what about 85% of people use!

Isit bad that I've never heard of Peanut Chews?? :eek: Maybe they are more of a Southern thing! Are they like Snickers Bars??

We go in 19 days and you've reminded me that I am not ready!!! Haha

LOVE our cooling towels. We will bring those, and I also need to get wet wipes and ibuprofen. Already have lots of sunblock because we DO burn easy! Haha...off to make a list...

Our trips are right around the corner!! :goodvibes I can't wait!! Glad to hear you love your cooling towels, I"m really looking forward to not carrying around a super heavy water sprayer :rotfl2:

Trip Schedule: Days 1 and 2!

Hello there friends!! 17 days until Disney Time!! :woohoo:I feel like I've been ready all summer, yet there is still so much I need to do! Plus, vacation for me technically starts this Saturday, since my parents, sister, boyfriend and I are going Up North for a week to our cabin! Then, I have a buffer week of work before Disney. I'll basically be jumping out of my skin at work all week :jumping3:

While Disney World is go-go-go, Up North is leisurely, relaxing, and uninterrupted family time! We're talking no TV, no Wi-Fi, no laptops... just our old radio that we bring up! Because of this, I will not be able to update next week :sad1: But, no fear, I will have plenty of time to write some posts while at the cabin! So I will be posting a lot the week leading up to our trip (I'm hoping at least every other night)!

Without further ado, I'd like to update you guys on what we have planned for our vacation extravaganza! I'm definitely not an over-planner when it comes to Disney World. I'm not one to make spreadsheets or anything too extreme, because we enjoy living in the moment and seeing where our days take us. Some of the best memories of last year's trip were unplanned, like riding the teacups first at Magic Kingdom or doing a Monorail resort tour! So, my daily outlines will be rough sketches of what we will do, and they'll definitely be tweaked once we are there!

Day 1: Arrival, Epcot, and Disney Springs

Our flight from Milwaukee leaves at 7:20 AM, so we'll probably be up around 4:15 AM! Before our flight, we'll grab some breakfast at the airport and snack on the plane. We're due to land in Orlando at around 11 AM! Depending on how quick DME is, I'm guessing that we'll arrive at the GF around 12:30 or 1. I'm hoping that our room will be ready at that time, but if it isn't, we'll just get an early start! If our room is ready, we'll drop our stuff off at the room and probably geek out for a few minutes before heading out. We do also want to stop at M. Mouse Mercantile to look for Magic Band gear before we take the parks. Then it's off to Epcot via Monorail!

34202371-8596-4D85-8AA5-FE02330B358B_zpsb4olohqj.jpg

It seems like an odd choice, but we want to spend a few hours in Epcot before having an evening in Disney. Springs. It just doesn't seem like a first day unless we are in Epcot! Spaceship Earth is our traditional first ride of the trip. We didn't even get a FP for it because the lines are usually nonexistent, plus we don't know exactly which time we'll get to the park!

We have two more FPs this afternoon, Mission:Space from 2:00-3:00 and Soarin' Around the World from 3:25-4:25. We are SO excited to ride the new Soarin'! I'm not sure where lunch will come into play here. We might just got popcorn, pretzels and slushies in Future World to tie us over, but we also have a late dinner this night. Depending on where we are in Epcot, we may grab lunch at either Sunshine Seasons or somewhere in World Showcase. My top picks are Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie or Sommerfest!

After wandering around Epcot, we will probably leave around 4:30 or 5:00. Since Disney Springs busses do not go directly from the parks, we are going to utilize this time to check out a resort we've never seen before!

7A45C11D-8A67-421C-85FE-8C82E2C72538_zps0ia5vige.jpg

Disney's Old Key West Resort! I'm so excited to get to see OKW in person. It looks so leisurely and vacation-like :love:. We are going to bus from Epcot to OKW, then walk around OKW for a bit before taking the boat over to Disney Springs. It will also be interesting to get a quick glance at Saratoga Springs as well!

1E852190-D5E8-4823-99D6-CD12585B61CC_zpsorkj8m70.jpg

Since our ADR isn't until 9:00 PM, we will have some quality time to do some shopping before we eat dinner. Of course we'll look at the classics, but I'm excited to look at the new stores, like Free People and Kate Spade! Then, Our ADR is at T-Rex Cafe!

Unknown-3_zps8awa67yi.jpeg

I'm really pumped to eat here; the theming is awesome and it will really catapult us into Disney-Mode! Since Disney Springs doesn't close until midnight, it will probably be a late night of us shopping until the stores close! I'm guessing that my mom and I will also make a stop at Goofy's Candy Company to make our own treats! We've never done that before and it's definitely on our bucket list. Then, we'll bus back to the GF and go to bed ASAP, because we're hitting rope drop baby!

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

EB90037F-629B-4EA4-9D25-2169B22BBB91_zpsi8tx0oua.jpg

Yep, you heard me right...we're doing rope drop this morning! Not only that, but it will be our FIRST TIME EVER doing rope drop! We'll get up early and take a leisurely boat ride to the Magic Kingdom at about 8:20 AM. I'm so excited to see the park opening show, it should be magical :cloud9: We're going to take our time walking into Magic Kingdom and look at the castle, but not for long because we have a FP for Peter Pan's Flight starting at 9:15! This is a perfect first ride of the day; quintessential Disney! After that, we're hoping to maybe stop at Gastons Tavern to buy a delicious cinammon roll for breakfast and check out the rest of Fantasyland!

We have another FP for 7 Dwarves Mine Train from 11:20-12:20, then we head right over to lunch at Be Our Guest at 12:25.

Unknown-5_zpsnoun6wlj.jpeg

My mom especially is so looking forward to this; Beauty and the Beast is her favorite Disney movie! The week before the trip, we will order our food online since I've heard that's the way to go. I already know what I'm going to order: the carved turkey sandwich, french fries, and the Master's Cupcake! :cake:

After lunch, we're just going to see where the wind takes us. We have another FP for Splash Mountain from 2:45-3:45, but we may even ride it once before then too if crowds are light. One thing I'd like to do is check out Tomorrowland during the day, since it is usually nighttime by the time we wind up over there. For an afternoon snack, we will probably get a cold treat; either at Aloha Isle or Auntie Gravity's.

We're doing QS for dinner and I'm pulling for Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe! We've never eaten there before and it seems like a Disney rite of passage. After spending the evening riding more rides and watching the MSEP, we may follow @TheLittleKatie 's lead and get a Nutella fresh fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow before watching Celebrate the Magic and Wishes :thumbsup2

Unknown-33_zpsqq2zrrep.jpeg

We'll take our time heading out of the park (the Disney website says it closes at 10:00). I'm guessing we will look in the shops while slowly making our way down Main Street, then either boat or monorail back to the GF, depending which is faster. Then, we'll probably crash after our crazy fun day!!

Those are our plans for Days 1 & 2!! I'm hoping to have Days 3 & 4 up ASAP, maybe even during my trip Up North if I can get WiFi. Ta ta for now, friends! :tigger:

Last edited:
And yayyyy deodorant and Quest Bar twins!! :rotfl:

:laughing: people may think we have very strange eating habits :lmao:

And thats really funny, we do have spray deodorant here so not sure what they were talking about! But, in their defense, stick deodorant is definitely more popular in the U.S and that is what about 85% of people use!

Maybe they got it from the fact that most people use sticks.. But the way they told me made out that it was like an environmental pollution law or something! :lmao: Maybe he was just trying to see how gullible I am :laughing:

Isit bad that I've never heard of Peanut Chews?? :eek: Maybe they are more of a Southern thing! Are they like Snickers Bars??

OH BOY I figured you'd all be familiar with all the candy, but I guess you're a big country! They're kinda like a snickers but not really, just chocolatey peanuty chewy goodness :cloud9:

While Disney World is go-go-go, Up North is leisurely, relaxing, and uninterrupted family time! We're talking no TV, no Wi-Fi, no laptops... just our old radio that we bring up!

This actually sounds really nice! Although maybe leisurely ad relaxing would be better for after a Disney trip ::yes::

Without further ado, I'd like to update you guys on what we have planned for our vacation extravaganza!

I LOVE POSTS LIKE THIS.

If our room is ready, we'll drop our stuff off at the room and probably geek out for a few minutes before heading out.

Geek out :laughing: :teacher:

My top picks are Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie or Sommerfest!

I really want to eat at Les Halles, never have before. Do you recommend anything?

Since Disney Springs busses do not go directly from the parks

Don't think I knew this! Good to know :thumbsup2 And you have the perfect solution! Just visit a resort along the way :lovestruc

Yep, you heard me right...we're doing rope drop this morning! Not only that, but it will be our FIRST TIME EVER doing rope drop! We'll get up early and take a leisurely boat ride to the Magic Kingdom at about 8:20 AM. I'm so excited to see the park opening show, it should be magical :cloud9:

I love this so much :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I can't believe you've never seen the welcome show! It makes me emotional, prepare yourself :laughing:

I already know what I'm going to order: the carved turkey sandwich, french fries, and the Master's Cupcake! :cake:

I like your thinking :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I feel like I've eaten there so many times and this is literally the only entree I've ever ordered, I'm so boring.

After spending the evening riding more rides and watching the MSEP, we may follow @TheLittleKatie 's lead and get a Nutella fresh fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow before watching Celebrate the Magic and Wishes :thumbsup2

YESSSS this is a GREAT idea. I love those waffles so much :lovestruc:love::cloud9:

Eeeeee so soon!!!

Have fun at your cabin! Sounds like a super relaxing time!

Day 1 sounds so fun and full of different things! It's nice that you will get some park time but also get to explore a new resort and hit up Disney Springs!

Your MK day sounds perfect. You will love the Welcome Show and being there at rope drop! And lucky you getting to catch MSEP one last time before it goes away!

Maybe they got it from the fact that most people use sticks.. But the way they told me made out that it was like an environmental pollution law or something! :lmao: Maybe he was just trying to see how gullible I am :laughing:

Hahahaha now that I think about it, I think they did try to ban aerosol sprays for like a minute :lmao: Obviously, it didn't get very far!

OH BOY I figured you'd all be familiar with all the candy, but I guess you're a big country! They're kinda like a snickers but not really, just chocolatey peanuty chewy goodness :cloud9:

Oh my, that sounds amazing!! :love:

I really want to eat at Les Halles, never have before. Do you recommend anything?

Confession: I've never been to Les Halles either :rotfl2: I saw the menu online and thought it looked delicious, so I really want to try it!!

Don't think I knew this! Good to know :thumbsup2 And you have the perfect solution! Just visit a resort along the way :lovestruc

Disney resorts are my absolute favorite thing in the entire world!!

I love this so much :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I can't believe you've never seen the welcome show! It makes me emotional, prepare yourself :laughing:

Oh boy.. considering I cried during It's A Small World last trip, I'm in for it!

I like your thinking :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I feel like I've eaten there so many times and this is literally the only entree I've ever ordered, I'm so boring.

Haha I mean you gotta stick with what you know and love :thumbsup2

YESSSS this is a GREAT idea. I love those waffles so much :lovestruc:love::cloud9:

Eeeeee so soon!!!

SO PUMPED!! Both for the trip and to try that waffle :rotfl:

This actually sounds really nice! Although maybe leisurely ad relaxing would be better for after a Disney trip ::yes::

I was thinking the same thing! And it's awesome to be unplugged for awhile :goodvibes

Have fun at your cabin! Sounds like a super relaxing time!

Day 1 sounds so fun and full of different things! It's nice that you will get some park time but also get to explore a new resort and hit up Disney Springs!

Your MK day sounds perfect. You will love the Welcome Show and being there at rope drop! And lucky you getting to catch MSEP one last time before it
goes away!

Thanks! :teeth: Our first two days are sooo busy but we love being busy, and I know we couldn't just stay at the resort and do nothing on our first day. We'd be jumping out of our skin!

I'm so sad about MSEP, but happy that I get to catch it one last time :sad: I told my mom about it last night, thinking she'd be crushed, but she actually said, "Aw man, I want to see the new parade instead!" :confused3

T-Rex Cafe was lots of fun! Enjoy your pre-Disney vacation!

Glad to hear T Rex was fun! Thanks girl :yay:

23 Days Until Disney!!

Ahhhh! It’s getting so close, you guys! In just over 3 weeks, Mom and I will be boarding a plane to sunny Orlando! Plus, in about a week and a half, my family and I are spending a week up in Northern Wisconsin at our cabin. While most people don’t want summer to end, I’m looking forward to fall! :earboy2:

In trip news, our Magic Bands came yesterday! We were sooo excited to get these. Once we opened our box, it really hit us that we were going to Disney World and staying at one of our dream resorts! As you can see, I went with yellow and mom went with purple.

6C603B8E-740A-42ED-8886-55223EC2F5E2_zpsvt9undb0.jpg

59453A88-E1AB-442A-B22B-D3700989F01D_zpsypfsss0g.jpg

My mom was agonizing over which color to pick for the longest time. She kept switching between pink and purple, and I kept having to go back into MDE to change her color :rotfl2: But, she finally settled on purple, her reason being that I got pink last year and she us wants to collect all the different colors of Magic Bands! I thought purple was a great choice. I was actually debating on choosing purple for a little while, but once I found the Dumbo Magic Slider online, I knew that I had to go with yellow. Plus, yellow is my second favorite color besides pink and the bright color screams Florida! Mom’s still debating on what decorations she wants for her Magic Band and says she needs to see all of the options in person.

In shopping news, Mom and I have been starting to make a list of necessities for the trip. This started when my mom made an awesome purchase at the Wisconsin State Fair…

07D508E4-227A-46AE-B5B5-99151C6E0FF1_zpsgf6sq0ao.jpg

Cooling towels! You guys, these things are so neat! They sort of work like a “ShamWow.” First, you wet the towel with water and wring it out. Then, you flick it a few times in the air and the towel instantly becomes ice cold! The best part is that the towel is made out of a spongey material, so it won’t stay soaking wet and leak in our bags! We are so excited to use these, since I’m sure that it will be blazing hot. We bought a Disney water sprayer on our trip last year, but lost it earlier this summer while golfing :sad1: So, we are really hoping that this will do the trick, since it is nice and light while the water sprayer could get heavy to lug around.

This purchase got us thinking about other things we may need to bring into the parks. Mom and I will each be carrying a fanny pack (vintage, I know ;)). We really don’t want to bring a backpack into the parks, but if we need to, we may buy a drawstring bag while at Disney. That being said, we are on the lookout for travel-size items that would be useful! So far, we have these on our list:

Mini Hand Sanitizers

0D95E7EE-2A76-4437-AA1B-68B15FF2DC66_zpsvgnmxvhy.jpg

These things really came in handy last trip! We love the kinds that come with a cute little holder to hang onto your bag. That way, you have easy access! A lot of times, instead of waiting in the long line at the bathroom, I would simply use my antibacterial after using the restroom! Plus, these work out great if you need to wash your hands before eating, since some of those ride restraints are quite germy :crazy2:

Wet Wipes

0A46C81D-3CFB-4F6C-8849-981EB9402FFE_zpsveyozuhu.png

These were what we wish we had last year! After a Mickey Bar fell apart in my hands, I knew that we needed to invest in some wet wipes for next trip. You never know when disaster may occur!

Mini Sunscreen Bottles

92D96DE4-2F02-44E2-83B7-629DB8CB436C_zpsqncbverl.jpg

Neither of us burn very easily, but it's better to be safe than sorry. We always apply sunscreen in the room before heading out, but water rides and crazy weather can jack up your sunscreen, so we always take a back-up! We love this sunscreen pictured above. It's called "Cool-Zone" because there is some chemical in it that makes the sunscreen feel ice cold when you spray it on your body. That definitely helps in the Florida heat!

Chapstick with SPF

DDF36C90-CC2C-40D2-BDBE-3565F2F5FC98_zpsmgytwo9l.png

Something about amusement parks always makes my lips super dry! Maybe it's the air rushing at your face on the fast rides?? Anywho, I'm obsessed with Sun Bum chapstick. It smells so tropical and sweet, but also keeps your lips protected and smooth.

Mini Deodorant

C614F32B-4FDD-408F-955A-FF1A70A9D9A0_zpsgm3et1pw.jpg

A little bit TMI, I know! But, heat = sweat, and sweat = body odor. You don't want to be stinky at Disney! The spray kind of deodorant is my favorite because it's quick, easy, and doesn't stain clothing!

Band-Aids

6B28AF07-11AE-45F7-8189-7BA51D89FF08_zps3lieq8vl.jpg

I basically get a blister if I walk a few steps, so these will come in handy! Plus, it's always good to have Band-Aids in general in case someone gets hurt (A.K.A me, because I'm a
klutz :rolleyes1)...

Ibuprofen

560E7395-380D-4B56-9DF0-CE468279C3FE_zpsgcgy0wgb.jpg

Ibuprofen is like the equivalent of Holy Water in my house. Whenever one of us is feeling off, my mom will usually just say "Take an Advil," and 99% of the time, it works! Plane rides sometimes give me headaches, and rich Disney food may also upset our tummies, so Advil will definitely make the trip with us.

Mini Hand Lotion

C3C9F6AD-2A3F-47E0-A688-48C82060DA3D_zpszto9ctm0.jpg

Bath and Body Works for the win! Seriously, I can never pass up their 3 minis for $9 deal! Too much sun/chlorine can mean dry skin for me, so I'll make sure to bring a few bottles. I also moisturize pretty much every night before bed, so I'll get good use out of these!

Please let me know if you guys have any go-to items that you always bring into the parks! I would love some tips/insight :flower3:

On the snacks front, we are still debating on if we are bringing any/what we are going to bring. We wouldn't need enough food to justify ordering anything from Garden Grocer. Last year, we brought some breakfast items from home and that ended up working really well, so I think we will do the same this year. We will probably also bring a few munchies for the room in case we get an inkling for a late-night snack!

As for breakfast items, I eat the same breakfast at home every day: fruit and yogurt. Since these foods are not exactly suitable for a plane ride, I'm going with what I eat for breakfast on the go:

C08E29F9-A1BC-4C9E-B965-247772C03632_zpsddzaiukx.jpg

Quest Protein Bars.

I LOVE Quest Bars. They are soft, chewy, filling, and taste like candy bars! Last year, we bought Pop-Tarts, but these are a healthier choice and the high protein will give me lots of energy to take on the parks. My favorite flavors are Cookies and Cream and Cinnamon Bun!

As for drinks, I drink a cup of coffee every morning. I'm not picky about my coffee, so I'll just make a cup every morning in the room. But, my mom only drinks one thing every morning, and that's:

3E181BA9-A080-4A02-A7A7-17A5A8F787CB_zpsr06ifwt4.jpg

Jade Citrus Mint Tea from Starbucks.

Since she will only drink the "authentic" stuff, we will need to buy some tea bags from home and bring them. As for other drinks, we usually just drink water, but we may bring a few big bottles of Gatorade and store them in the fridge in case we want something sweeter!

On the snack front, my mom and I both are particular about what we like. Knowing my mom, she'll probably pick out:

0017302A-E074-4134-A062-16162AEA8646_zpsq2yy7xjr.jpg

Chips Ahoy Candy Blasts Cookies

These cookies are a family favorite! I remember my parents always buying the individual packs of Chips Ahoy when I was little and putting a bag in my lunch box :cutie: I'll have to steal some of these as well; chocolate chip cookies are something that both my mom and I could live off of! As for me, I'll probably end up going with:

8F82EF34-8F75-47A3-A20D-B6AEC8DF3A58_zps8npqsh6f.png

Flamin' Hot Cheetos

As you guys may know, I'm really into spicy food. Plus, I'm a potato chip freak and vacation is always a time for splurging!

What are your guys' must-have snacks for a trip?? Let me know down in the comments below :) I hope this post has at least somewhat helped someone think of packing ideas, I know that I need all the help I can get! I'll be back soon with some updates on our daily Disney plans! Bye Disfriends! :smickey:

I bring mini packs of tissues. We always wind up with sniffles at some point. Also make sure you don't leave the mini sanitizer hanging off your carryon. DS had one on his bag the first trip we took...we got to Disney and realized it was gone. A friend from TSA told me that they remove them and discard them because they are 'unapproved' liquid. I guess if he had it in the quart bag it would have been fine. Same thing with his lip balm that I found that was on a carabiner. I thought it was the best thing in the world... and they took it....

I just realized tonight that we are at 15 days left!! I have the suitcases out and am starting to pack the bags!! It is really easy to pack vacation clothes... I only have 2 days off before the trip and 4 half days... the rest of the days (8 of them...but who is counting...lol) I will be working 10 hours... I love counting down... every which way I can...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter