*The Laughing Place is Where I'm Bound! SEPT 2016 PTR* Final Update 9/10- New TR Link!!!!

Same here! Come say hi if you see me first. (I usually have tunnel vision but I'll remind myself to look for you!) We'll probably bump into you as we are waiting to be seated! Or I'll come and stalk you during your dinner....

ohhaleno-tumblr-com3.gif

B9BCE341-2044-483D-8A54-491A813E387A_zpsw6umbeh6.gif

Last edited:
2. More. Days.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

AHHHHH YOU GUYS. In almost 48 hours, my mom and I will be leaving for the airport to start our vacation!! Even though we only booked this at the end of March, it still feels like we've been waiting forever. These last 2 days of work are going to go by sooooooooo slow. This week has already dragged on!

In this post, I thought I'd take a leaf out of @Raeven 's book and do a mini fashion show! I loved seeing what outfits that she picked out to wear for each park day. Now, mind you, my outfits won't be nearly as cute/Disney-licious as her's! But, I thought it would be fun nonetheless!

Day 1: Arrival, Epcot and Disney Springs

F02D874F-C739-48FD-949A-1DFFFBBEFE5B_zpskyurg62y.jpg

Tank Top- Wet Seal
Shorts- Wet Seal
Zip-Up- Under Armour

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

07F3E96F-9314-4658-BE23-2B15AC5EA20C_zpsn4glvgag.jpg

Top- Urban Outfitters
Shorts- Francesca's

Day 3: Epcot

7AA65A49-9082-4C4A-BC45-4393632ACE76_zpsqeml8rn2.jpg

Romper- Target

Day 4: Rest Day and O'hana

Poolside

764C07E6-E7FB-4679-860D-4EB3410D02D4_zpsp2ufpcde.jpg

E678FC1C-0E64-4DF7-8675-E9DB034346E0_zps5fcfyk1e.jpg

C3CE9B0C-8F2A-4C0B-927E-C6266EA70F20_zpsqy3u6yln.jpg

Cover-Up- TJ Maxx
Both Swimsuits- Victoria's Secret (haven't decided which one)

O'hana Dinner

2B0F3999-1D0F-4954-86E1-0D16996F77D7_zpsjnifkxtm.jpg

Romper- Francesca's
Earrings- Francesca's (can you tell what my favorite store is?)

Day 5: Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

FA12A42A-F65D-4E56-8A8B-CB973DEDAEFD_zpsirfsvjgm.jpg

Top- American Eagle Outfitters
Shorts- Kohls

Day 6: Magic Kingdom and La Nouba/Disney Springs

Magic Kingdom Day

278519EB-330F-4816-8881-5FDC2086FD5F_zpspxh9q5ij.jpg

Tank Top- Forever 21
Overalls- Pac Sun

Disney Springs Night

AA10F868-CD79-45AB-9094-189B2C0E239A_zpsbjrmfdsi.jpg

Dress- Francesca's
Earrings- Bought them at a Flea Market in Riviera Maya, Mexico

Day 7: ??? and Departure

4B91536C-712C-43CD-B7A8-9C8B337C8537_zpshbvzp8r1.jpg

Tee Shirt- Ralph Lauren
Shorts- Aeropostale

Spare Outfit (Just in Case!)

DB1E5EA4-78E6-4E2B-9147-82B489699C52_zps6tlhr1vj.jpg

Top- Pac Sun
Shorts- Forever 21

Shoes

6A90BE30-C297-4056-AD1B-1062364FC1DB_zpswwu14ftq.jpg

Navy Blue Flip Flops- Old Navy
Teal and Black Sandals- Chaco
White Tennis Shoes- Converse
Pink Tennis Shoes- Nike
White Fancy Sandals- Charlotte Russe

Obviously, I've still got a ways to go and will pack many more spare changes of clothes, but this is what I have so far! Tank tops are always a must for me, because the humidity is brutal in the Florida summer. Lightweight rompers are my favorite to wear in the parks, because they are cute, yet super comfortable and easy to move around in!

My goal is to find a pair of ears that I like on this trip! That way, I'll always have a stylish accessory with every outfit I choose :thumbsup2 I sometimes find that the ears Disney sells are too tight behind your ears, but I didn't find any pairs that I was in love with on Etsy (plus they were all super pricey!) So, I'm hoping that I will be able to rock some new Minnie Ears as well on our vacation!

That's all I have for now, Disfriends! I will be back Friday night for one final update!!
Then, it's Disney time baby!

:mickeyjum:donald::goofy:

I like so many of them. The first one, second, ohana dinner, and day 6 one are my favorites! I wanted to get a pair of overalls but I have too many outfits already :rotfl: You could put some Disney pins on them! I'm going to try it with a pair of shorts.

I have a pair from Disney and I thought they were a little tight too. What Etsy shops did you look at? Some shops make cheap and comfortable ones they can be kind of plain and a little delicate but their a lot more lightweight than Disney's.

2 days! :dancer:

Tough choices with your swimsuits - they both look great!

I LOVE your arrival day/Disney Springs outfit. Super cute!

I'm trying to memorize your Epcot outfit to help identify you. (Wow. I really end up sounding stalker-ish on these boards. I just mean for when we're at Le Cellier!) I either remember someone's name or their face - not usually both.

Push to the finish - 2 days to go!!

I like swimsuit #2 the best! Your jean overalls are the cutest, oh my goodness!

I'm another Francesca's junkie over here :rotfl: all my outfits are primarily Francesca's and then there's a little bit of Old Navy thrown in there because they had such great Memorial Day sales.

I just bought my first pair of Chaco's. They're a hot pink/orange mix like yours. I can't wait to try them out!

Have fun!! Enjoy the time with your mom. I'm counting down my days - 11 to go! :goodvibes

2. More. Days.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

AHHHHH YOU GUYS. In almost 48 hours, my mom and I will be leaving for the airport to start our vacation!! Even though we only booked this at the end of March, it still feels like we've been waiting forever. These last 2 days of work are going to go by sooooooooo slow. This week has already dragged on!

In this post, I thought I'd take a leaf out of @Raeven 's book and do a mini fashion show! I loved seeing what outfits that she picked out to wear for each park day. Now, mind you, my outfits won't be nearly as cute/Disney-licious as her's! But, I thought it would be fun nonetheless!

Day 1: Arrival, Epcot and Disney Springs

F02D874F-C739-48FD-949A-1DFFFBBEFE5B_zpskyurg62y.jpg

Tank Top- Wet Seal
Shorts- Wet Seal
Zip-Up- Under Armour

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

07F3E96F-9314-4658-BE23-2B15AC5EA20C_zpsn4glvgag.jpg

Top- Urban Outfitters
Shorts- Francesca's

Day 3: Epcot

7AA65A49-9082-4C4A-BC45-4393632ACE76_zpsqeml8rn2.jpg

Romper- Target

Day 4: Rest Day and O'hana

Poolside

764C07E6-E7FB-4679-860D-4EB3410D02D4_zpsp2ufpcde.jpg

E678FC1C-0E64-4DF7-8675-E9DB034346E0_zps5fcfyk1e.jpg

C3CE9B0C-8F2A-4C0B-927E-C6266EA70F20_zpsqy3u6yln.jpg

Cover-Up- TJ Maxx
Both Swimsuits- Victoria's Secret (haven't decided which one)

O'hana Dinner

2B0F3999-1D0F-4954-86E1-0D16996F77D7_zpsjnifkxtm.jpg

Romper- Francesca's
Earrings- Francesca's (can you tell what my favorite store is?)

Day 5: Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

FA12A42A-F65D-4E56-8A8B-CB973DEDAEFD_zpsirfsvjgm.jpg

Top- American Eagle Outfitters
Shorts- Kohls

Day 6: Magic Kingdom and La Nouba/Disney Springs

Magic Kingdom Day

278519EB-330F-4816-8881-5FDC2086FD5F_zpspxh9q5ij.jpg

Tank Top- Forever 21
Overalls- Pac Sun

Disney Springs Night

AA10F868-CD79-45AB-9094-189B2C0E239A_zpsbjrmfdsi.jpg

Dress- Francesca's
Earrings- Bought them at a Flea Market in Riviera Maya, Mexico

Day 7: ??? and Departure

4B91536C-712C-43CD-B7A8-9C8B337C8537_zpshbvzp8r1.jpg

Tee Shirt- Ralph Lauren
Shorts- Aeropostale

Spare Outfit (Just in Case!)

DB1E5EA4-78E6-4E2B-9147-82B489699C52_zps6tlhr1vj.jpg

Top- Pac Sun
Shorts- Forever 21

Shoes

6A90BE30-C297-4056-AD1B-1062364FC1DB_zpswwu14ftq.jpg

Navy Blue Flip Flops- Old Navy
Teal and Black Sandals- Chaco
White Tennis Shoes- Converse
Pink Tennis Shoes- Nike
White Fancy Sandals- Charlotte Russe

Obviously, I've still got a ways to go and will pack many more spare changes of clothes, but this is what I have so far! Tank tops are always a must for me, because the humidity is brutal in the Florida summer. Lightweight rompers are my favorite to wear in the parks, because they are cute, yet super comfortable and easy to move around in!

My goal is to find a pair of ears that I like on this trip! That way, I'll always have a stylish accessory with every outfit I choose :thumbsup2 I sometimes find that the ears Disney sells are too tight behind your ears, but I didn't find any pairs that I was in love with on Etsy (plus they were all super pricey!) So, I'm hoping that I will be able to rock some new Minnie Ears as well on our vacation!

That's all I have for now, Disfriends! I will be back Friday night for one final update!!
Then, it's Disney time baby!

:mickeyjum:donald::goofy:

It's almost here for both of us! Yay! Your clothing choices are super cute. Maybe we'll see you around :) .

I like so many of them. The first one, second, ohana dinner, and day 6 one are my favorites! I wanted to get a pair of overalls but I have too many outfits already :rotfl: You could put some Disney pins on them! I'm going to try it with a pair of shorts.

I have a pair from Disney and I thought they were a little tight too. What Etsy shops did you look at? Some shops make cheap and comfortable ones they can be kind of plain and a little delicate but their a lot more lightweight than Disney's.

2 days! :dancer:

Thank you!! Great idea about the pins. My mom bought Haley and I a few on our first trip when I was 6, but I would like to get some current ones!

I can't remember exactly which stores they were, but they were a bit too pricey for what you got, and online shopping just makes me anxious in general :rotfl:I was worried about them looking off or being too flimsy!

Eeek! Can't wait!! :banana:

Tough choices with your swimsuits - they both look great!

I LOVE your arrival day/Disney Springs outfit. Super cute!

I'm trying to memorize your Epcot outfit to help identify you. (Wow. I really end up sounding stalker-ish on these boards. I just mean for when we're at Le Cellier!) I either remember someone's name or their face - not usually both.

Push to the finish - 2 days to go!!

Thank you!! I figure whichever one I don't wear that day I can also use in case we go to Blizzard Beach or spend more time by the pool!

Just for you, here's a pic of me in the outfit I'm going to be wearing that day!

D6BD4EC8-ED52-497A-A571-C8F05E49A142_zpsne1su4dv.jpg

Yes, I did just take this right now in my dining room :cool1:

I like swimsuit #2 the best! Your jean overalls are the cutest, oh my goodness!

I'm another Francesca's junkie over here :rotfl: all my outfits are primarily Francesca's and then there's a little bit of Old Navy thrown in there because they had such great Memorial Day sales.

I just bought my first pair of Chaco's. They're a hot pink/orange mix like yours. I can't wait to try them out!

Have fun!! Enjoy the time with your mom. I'm counting down my days - 11 to go! :goodvibes

Hi!! Thanks for stopping by! Ahhh Francesca's is the best; their clothes are so unique and great quality as well.

I love my chacos! They give you lots of support and are nice and sturdy for lots of walking!

Yay, you're getting really close too! Thanks girl :cutie:

It's almost here for both of us! Yay! Your clothing choices are super cute. Maybe we'll see you around :) .

party: So pumped! Thanks, the clothes you have posted on your PTR have been adorable!! And YES hopefully! I'll be on the lookout and please say hi if you see me first :wave2:

Last edited:
Haha- thanks for the pic! That is a great outfit. Love the thumbs up. Now you have to go walking around like that so you perfectly match your picture... :lmao:

I wish I could do the same right now for the outfit that I'll be wearing but I'm at work. TRYING to get through the day.

I can probably do it tonight though I don't know if you'll check the Boards. I'll do it anyway just in case.

AHHHH!!! Here we go!!!

Haha- thanks for the pic! That is a great outfit. Love the thumbs up. Now you have to go walking around like that so you perfectly match your picture... :lmao:

I wish I could do the same right now for the outfit that I'll be wearing but I'm at work. TRYING to get through the day.

I can probably do it tonight though I don't know if you'll check the Boards. I'll do it anyway just in case.

AHHHH!!! Here we go!!!

Hahahaha you made it!! The day is done!! WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

T-Minus 7 Hours Until We're Off!!

party:

Here it is, friends! The final update! I seriously can't believe that this night is here. I have been dreaming about this night since before we even booked the trip. And now that it is here, it's not soaking in that we're actually going to Disney World tomorrow!

I'm not sure why, but the night before vacation is my favorite time. Maybe it's the excitement/anticipation of it all! Because I know that a week from now, I will be sad and blue because my vacation is over :sad:

But hey, let's not talk about that! I still have a whole week to look forward to! A little bit about my final day getting ready for Disney....

I got up early this morning for work at about 6 AM. Usually, I am NOT a morning person at all. But today, I was actually pretty bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! I was eager to get up, get moving, and get through my day of work. I had a shift from 8-10:30 and then another shift from 1-5, then I was home free! But first, coffee.
I decided to take my coffee to-go in my lovely Disney refillable mug from last year's trip! I made my mom take a picture of me for purely PTR reasons! :thumbsup2

226FEEA1-83C1-45A4-A312-F2D7C94BA335_zpsq7yzyt3w.jpg

On my break between shifts, I ran over to the mall to get my nails done! I love getting shellac manicures before vacations because they are so sturdy and never chip! Plus, they don't damage your nails like acrylics do (even though I love me some French tips). I wanted nails fit for a princess, so I picked out a sparkly pink color.

E3399BC7-E3CD-453A-8227-8E6B5F1A1470_zpspzfhshaw.jpg

Um..... or not? The color on the swatch was so opaque, it was a perfect light pink with lots of glitter! But, when I saw my nails, I was so disappointed :sad2: I was trying to get used to them, but I hated that I could see the whites of my nails. Plus, my cuticles looked messy and the tech overall just didn't do a great job with them. I almost went back to complain, but I have an intense fear of confrontation. I've always been that way, and I'm trying to work on it, but I'm just a people-pleaser and peacemaker through and through!

So, I did what any normal person would do- buy some pink nail polish at Claire's and paint over the manicure myself :rotfl2:

3497D1ED-38A1-4140-8957-CE4B66E47EC7_zpsjwxo83ux.jpg

Much better! I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself. I think that getting the manicure helped because
my nails were a lot smoother at the base. I wish I would have gotten this color in the first place! Lesson learned- always go for brighter rather than sheer!

After my nail fiasco, I had my last shift and then I was all done! I made a quick pit-stop at Target for some last-minute items before coming home for dinner. My mom, dad, and I had pizza by our new fire pit. It was so relaxing talking about our days and upcoming the trip together :goodvibes

3F028D1A-4100-43B0-9F78-84991B7C42FA_zpsvyjb3rak.jpg

Now, I am laying in bed about to go to sleep as I type this! I'm 95% packed; my mom has one more load of laundry to do and I'm going to pack a few more things tomorrow morning.

8B7B50E7-1B9E-4BE9-B72C-C767EA9F428D_zpsnyckfzc6.jpg

(I ended up getting the pop-tarts, you guys. I'm such a sucker for junk food ;))

My alarm is set for 4:45 AM :earseek:The
airport is about 25 minutes away, and our flight leaves at 7:20 AM, so we'd like to leave for the airport at 5:30 at the latest!
EEK! I'll try to go to bed, but it's definitely going to be difficult! I'm so excited to make some more life-long memories with my Mom :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Goodnight!!!!

:tinker:

Last edited:
Your outfits are all so cute. If I could shop at one store for the rest of my like it would be Francesca's! Are the chacos comfortable to walk in the parks all day? I really want a pair but not sure I can spend that much money on sandals. Have a magical trip!

Your outfits are adorable!

I'm sorry I missed your send off! I hope you have a fabulous trip!!! I look forward to reading all about it :)

Have fun! I can't wait to read your TR!

Thank you!! We had an amazing time :)

Have a great trip!

Thank you!! We did :)

Your outfits are all so cute. If I could shop at one store for the rest of my like it would be Francesca's! Are the chacos comfortable to walk in the parks all day? I really want a pair but not sure I can spend that much money on sandals. Have a magical trip!

Thank you!! :) Francesca's is my favorite too! And YES the Chacos are so comfortable! I like the ones with the toe strap because they give you extra support. The cloth straps don't give you blisters and the soles are so thick and supportive!

Your outfits are adorable!

I'm sorry I missed your send off! I hope you have a fabulous trip!!! I look forward to reading all about it :)

Thank you!! We had an awesome trip :) The TR should be up by the end of this weekend!!

Home Sweet Home!

Well Disfriends, I'm back home in Wisconsin :(

"How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" pooh:

My mom and I had such an amazing adventure this past week! Seriously peeps, if you have the chance to go with your mother or father, GO!! It is such great bonding time and gives you wonderful memories! You both have a chance just to be a kid again, and it makes me realize that I not only have a fantastic mother, but a best friend for life!

Although our time was nothing short of magical, we are both EXHAUSTED!! I'm so glad we have the weekend to recover before going back to work. This weekend, I'm going to be doing a lot of this...

A21754C3-7CFA-4052-9244-D656B6428B3A_zpsiqwcquff.gif

My lovely readers, now's the time to say goodbye to all our company....

MIC.... See ya real soon!

KEY.... Why? Because we like you!

MOUSE....

JK! It's not goodbye! I have a TR on the way
:woohoo::woohoo:

I will link it below when it's ready! I spent pretty much the whole plane ride home writing the first post, so it should be up either later tonight or tomorrow!

I'm so happy I found the Disboards, where I can be my true, uninhibited self! From the bottom of my heart, thank you Disfriends for making this trip process so fun and for allowing me to realize that I belong here. It means the world :hug:

All sappiness aside, if you'd like to hear all about our trip, I'll see you over at my TR!! Thanks everyone!

:wave::wave::wave:

**EDITED**

My new TR is up and running!! Here is the link!

:flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:

"Even the Garbage Cans have Flowers!"- A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!!

:flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:

Last edited:
Looking forward to the new TR. I couldn't get your link to work though :(
Don't know if it's just me having that trouble. I'm sure I can find it on the Trip reports board anyway.

Looking forward to the new TR. I couldn't get your link to work though :(
Don't know if it's just me having that trouble. I'm sure I can find it on the Trip reports board anyway.

Whoops! That was my bad, I didn't link the post properly! It should be working now :) Thank you so much for reading!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter