The last week of October 2011 Poly Party starts here!!

The big countdown is on! What is everyone doing today?

More laundry and packing :laundy: Going to try get some of the outside work done too (chairs, etc. put away in the shed) and get the security closures attached to the hot tub...lid damn near blew away this weekend! :rotfl: It's still miserable out, but at least that wind has slowed down!

I can't believe we hit the road in 6 days! I'm getting sooooooooooo excited!!! :banana::yay::woohoo:

I thought I would jump in. This is my family's first trip to Disney. We will be at the Poly 10/22-10/29. We just told our kids on Wednesday (10 day countdown). They are so excited! It will be me, DH, DS age 9, DS age 8, and DD age 5. I am getting a little freaked out looking at accuweather. It is saying rain the whole week. I am hoping it is too far out to predict and they are really wrong! My girlfriend just got back after this horrible weekend's rain and said it was like a monsoon. I have been planning too much to have rain put a damper on things! Thanks for everyone's great tips. I love reading posts because it is helping me get ready.

Amy

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: My youngest son is 10 and we'll be there 10/25-10/31 :thumbsup2 Maybe we'll see you around!

wow, i'm really late for the party. just discovered this nook of the disboards. we will be moving over to the Poly on oct 27 and checking out on oct 31. very excited for our first poly stay. i'm Kate(44) and my husband is Todd(46) and we will be celebrating 10years of being together. hope to see some of you there.

kate

Hi Kate! :yay: Welcome!!! We have almost the exact same dates! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary trip. My DH and I were upgraded to CL on our 10 anniversary trip at the Poly! So I'm sending you pixie dust for the same!!! :wizard:

Single digit dancing here today!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :cool1: :cheer2:

We went costume shopping yesterday and I found the PERFECT COSTUME i'd been looking for!!!!! :banana: I'm going as Esmerelda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: And my youngest son found the Halo costume he'd been searching for too. So we were extremely happy!! :thumbsup2 I can't believe we are in single digits. This week is going to FLY BY!!!!!!! Now I just have my fingers crossed our new crocs arrive in time. I did priority shipping but could have done express. Oh well, they should be here I hope.

OH! Another thing! Park hours have changed again!!! Everyone better update their itineraries asap! ;) For example, MK is now open until 11:00 on Saturday the 29th. :goodvibes

Single digit dancing here today!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :cool1: :cheer2:

We went costume shopping yesterday and I found the PERFECT COSTUME i'd been looking for!!!!! :banana: I'm going as Esmerelda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going as the Red Queen and DH is Stayne. I got the Red Queen dress (and it's beautiful...very authentic with velvet, etc.) from the Disneystore on sale for $20! :thumbsup2 but then I splurged and got the replica boots, etc. I can't wait!!! :woohoo:

Just checked Accuweather and the forecast is much improved! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Repeat after me.....

"I will not check accuweather every day":rolleyes1

I am telling you it will drive you insane!!!! :lmao: DH deleted my Accuweather App last night but I reloaded it today ;)

Count me in! Tina(me), Dave(DH) and Jimmy (DS4) we will be there 10/21-10/28. Lots of midwesterners on here, hope to see you all there!:banana::banana::banana:

Hi Kate! :yay: Welcome!!! We have almost the exact same dates! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary trip. My DH and I were upgraded to CL on our 10 anniversary trip at the Poly! So I'm sending you pixie dust for the same!!! :wizard:

pixie me all you want. thanks. and i will keep checking accuweather and weather.com and the guy on the other boards who predicts the weather. and i will check 2-3 times a day, because i still cant figure out what to pack.

kate

My boys are 12 and 10! :) We are also going to MNSSHP on the 27! :thumbsup2 Are your kids dressing up?

How did I miss this!? I'm sorry! Yes, my kids are all dressing up as.....pirates(so original:rotfl:) Since we are going on the Dream first I figured I could kill two birds with one stone! My 12 year old is not thrilled with dressing up but I think once we get there he will be into it. How about your kids?

I think I'm going to be the last one to do the single digit dance lol. Oh well, getting closer people! Welcome jimmysmom and nice to see another midwesterner.

Haven't started obsessively checking the weather yet, but I'm probably going to start today!

Just checked Accuweather and the forecast is much improved! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Repeat after me.....

I am telling you it will drive you insane!!!! :lmao: DH deleted my Accuweather App last night but I reloaded it today ;)

:rotfl::rotfl: Next week will be good. This week this tropical depression will go through and then there will be at least a week in between before there is another system. That's the laws of science coming from an English major. It is the word of Lisa. :idea:

How did I miss this!? I'm sorry! Yes, my kids are all dressing up as.....pirates(so original:rotfl:) Since we are going on the Dream first I figured I could kill two birds with one stone! My 12 year old is not thrilled with dressing up but I think once we get there he will be into it. How about your kids?

My 10 year old got his costume over the weekend, he's a solider guy from Halo (the videogame). I got my costume as well, I'm Esmerelda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. DH is going as a pirate, and my 12 year old hasn't decided yet! ;)

:rotfl::rotfl: Next week will be good. This week this tropical depression will go through and then there will be at least a week in between before there is another system. That's the laws of science coming from an English major. It is the word of Lisa. :idea:

I'm holding you to that forecast!!!!! :thumbsup2

My 10 year old got his costume over the weekend, he's a solider guy from Halo (the videogame). I got my costume as well, I'm Esmerelda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. DH is going as a pirate, and my 12 year old hasn't decided yet! ;)

Okay, now I'll have to try to find you! You're costume sounds great!

I swear I was running around all day but I feel like I got nothing done :confused: Just a lot of little things here and there.

I don't pack until the day before but I have things set out and organized. I work tomorrow and Wednesday (12 hours each day:faint:) and I am sure they will be the longest days of my life!

I feel fairly in control. I got my pedi today and will have my mani on Saturday afternoon after I pack ;) Everything is purchased and besides some last minute cleaning (and the packing) we are good to go :thumbsup2

I of course have been checking accuweather every morning :rolleyes1 I figure I should quit while it still looks good but it has me a bit screwed up because I was not planning on packing too much in the way of jeans or sweats because the few October trips we have taken it has been warm, especially in '09 when is was crazy hot! But now it seems like we may have some chilly evenings? I am just going to go with DH's philosophy. If we don't have it, we'll buy it....sounds good to me :rotfl: I suppose I can always do a load a laundry if needed :snooty:

DH and I are lame and do not have costumes. I will probably wear Minnie Ears and DD has some surprise costume :confused3 She does not want to wear her Halloween costume which is really cute, Half Devil, Half Angel. I am nervous about her surprise :eek: Oh well, at some point you just have to let go :sad1:

We are getting so close!! :dance3:

ONE WEEK FROM THIS MOMENT I WILL BE AT THE AIRPORT!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bought another park touring shirt last night while I was out, and it's like I'm packing for the '09 heat wave again. If it doesn't end up being that hot and the evenings are chilly, like BreezysMom says, I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy the extra layers. I don't feel like lugging all that extra stuff around 'just in case'.

Congrats on your one week TigrLvsPooh! You'll be on that plane before you know it! Ten days and no one except for me has their costume done. Go figure!

Three days to go here! Son came down with a nasty ear infection but by flight time he should be good to go. Looking forward to our first stay!
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter