The last week of October 2011 Poly Party starts here!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

I sent my request for the FB group! Thanks for creating it. :thumbsup2

We're with AirTran too and you check in up to 24 hours before your flight online. It works the same as Southwest (except no rush for boarding groups!). No tickets. Once you check in online, you'll print out your boarding passes and then you'll have your information for the baggage check or sky cab once you get to the airport. Otherwise you have to go to the ticket counter when you get to the airport and give them the credit card you used to purchase the tickets and your confirmation number and they'll print the tickets there. Online check in is MUCH easier!! Go to their website and there is a category for check in there.

13 days!!!!! :dance3: I can hardly stand it!!! DD has come down with a cold and I'm almost glad she's gotten it this week and not next week. I just hope she gets rid of it by the time we leave. I told them at school to make sure she drinks lots of water so we can flush it out of her. It's just a cold, but I don't want her to be miserable sniffling for the trip, especially on the plane!

Fingers crossed the weather changes for all of us from what it's been for the people there now!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Omg thank you! :) I'm such a newbie when it comes to flying that it's shameful really. So with my printed out boarding passes I can skip the Air Tran counter all together and just head for the baggage check?:woohoo:

Omg thank you! :) I'm such a newbie when it comes to flying that it's shameful really. So with my printed out boarding passes I can skip the Air Tran counter all together and just head for the baggage check?:woohoo:

Yup! You can use the sky cap outside or use the kiosk inside next to the ticket booths. Philly has some kiosks that have open areas where you can tag your luggage and someone behind the desk will put them on the belt for you. No need to wait in line other than if there is one for the kiosk. It's usually pretty quick. :thumbsup2 Then I would just double check with the desk at the gate to make sure everything you have is in order and you're good to go. They may need to give you a printed boarding pass. I don't know how AirTran works. Southwest lets you print your boarding pass online. But the gate should be able to help if you need to do that. Or you may get it when you check your bags. Either way, whatever you print during online check in will allow you to check your bags and get through security.

I will take the plunge and put a face to my name (for those of you who aren't on my Facebook). I am Krysta & I will be at the Poly 10-23/10-29 and staying CL in Hawaii. My dh Don and my dd9 Gianna will be there with me. If you see us make sure to say Hi & Aloha!!

Here we are:
155158_1700262995199_1496654032_31693144_4297030_n.jpg

Phew! I feel such a weight off my back!

The last few weeks have been such a whirlwind! With back to school and Breezys sports and DH work and sports and then me being waaaaaay over extended with our school PTO and working as well, I just was in over my head! Just when I saw a light at the end of the tunnel a very good friend of ours was in a serious car accident while in Baltimore on business. :sad2:

They have two young kiddos and not much family in the area so I went with his wife to Maryland while her Mom stayed with her kiddos. I was there for four days and then worked three solid 12 hour shifts and then her kiddos came to stay with me until she came home Saturday night :confused:

The good news is our friend is getting much better but still in the hospital in Baltimore. But that threw me way over the edge as far as planning and basically just doing every day life stuff :crazy2:

So the last two days I have been is manic mode. Two weeks worth of laundry, Halloween decor out and up, suitcases out and wiped down, now airing out in the laundry room :thumbsup2, did somewhat of a swap of clothing to get the warm weather stuff put away, or at least in laundry baskets (sorted the stuff to pack) while the cool weather stuff pulled out and laundered. It has been 80+ degrees here so that was really not a priority, but I don't want to have to deal with it after our trip.

Breezy has today and tomorrow off of school so we figured out what fit her and what we needed to give away and so on and then we tackled her insanely disorganized closet and dresser drawers :faint: We got all of her stuff ready that she wants to make sure we don't forget like her lanyards and pressed penny book and her "Disney" jewelry.

So needless to say I feel MUCH better and more in control. My house still needs a good cleaning and I am having someone stay here with the dogs otherwise I would say forget it :rolleyes:

My requests are all confirmed with the IPO and I have reserved the limo to and from the airport :dance3:

Breezy has a cold but it is not too bad. It could also be allergies. I just keep telling her she needs to keep up with her sleep and drinking fluids so it does not turn into something worse! She also has a huge Soccer tournament next weekend which will blow a whole weekend day for us but between now and departure day I only work 4 days so I think I am good to go :cool1:

Just waiting to do the last minute stuff and packing. Even DH is showing signs of getting excited which is very uncharacteristic of him.;) We need this trip big time and have waited two years!

It is almost time to party at the Poly party:

Small panic attack!!!! Silly me realized we only had 4 yellow ME stickers for our luggage and we need 8! ((flying southwest so we can take 2 bags each)) So I contacted the concierge and they are mailing me 4 more. Hopefully they will get here before we leave. I always forget small things like that. Oh, also I had the kids try their crocs on yesterday and they don't fit anymore. So luckily I had a 20% off coupon for crocs.com and ordered them in time. 14 days from this moment we will be on our way to the airport!!!!! :cloud9: Now I sit here wondering what else I'm forgetting to do???? :lmao:

So the last two days I have been is manic mode. Two weeks worth of laundry, Halloween decor out and up, suitcases out and wiped down, now airing out in the laundry room :thumbsup2, did somewhat of a swap of clothing to get the warm weather stuff put away, or at least in laundry baskets (sorted the stuff to pack) while the cool weather stuff pulled out and laundered. It has been 80+ degrees here so that was really not a priority, but I don't want to have to deal with it after our trip.

I decided not to put up the Halloween decorations this year. I just feel like we really don't need them since we will be gone the whole week leading up to Halloween. But the kids are mad at me. I don't know, maybe I should put them up??? :confused: It just seems silly to have them for 2 weeks and then come dragging in from vacation dead tired, back to school stress of make up work and facing having to take all the decorations down that we really didn't even enjoy. We put our Christmas stuff up on Thanksgiving so that's only 3 weeks after this trip!!! :scared1:

Yup! You can use the sky cap outside or use the kiosk inside next to the ticket booths. Philly has some kiosks that have open areas where you can tag your luggage and someone behind the desk will put them on the belt for you. No need to wait in line other than if there is one for the kiosk. It's usually pretty quick. :thumbsup2 Then I would just double check with the desk at the gate to make sure everything you have is in order and you're good to go. They may need to give you a printed boarding pass. I don't know how AirTran works. Southwest lets you print your boarding pass online. But the gate should be able to help if you need to do that. Or you may get it when you check your bags. Either way, whatever you print during online check in will allow you to check your bags and get through security.

Awesome thank you:rotfl: I'd been so busy working on itineraries and other sorts of research that I totally spaced out on the airport.

Our Halloween decorations went up even before MNSSHP started. The idea was that we would have some extra time to enjoy them before we left:laughing: It kind of feels like they've been up forever now. I don't really notice them! It will be a bummer to come home and take them down though.

Phew! I feel such a weight off my back!

The last few weeks have been such a whirlwind! With back to school and Breezys sports and DH work and sports and then me being waaaaaay over extended with our school PTO and working as well, I just was in over my head! Just when I saw a light at the end of the tunnel a very good friend of ours was in a serious car accident while in Baltimore on business. :sad2:

They have two young kiddos and not much family in the area so I went with his wife to Maryland while her Mom stayed with her kiddos. I was there for four days and then worked three solid 12 hour shifts and then her kiddos came to stay with me until she came home Saturday night :confused:

The good news is our friend is getting much better but still in the hospital in Baltimore. But that threw me way over the edge as far as planning and basically just doing every day life stuff :crazy2:

Breezy has today and tomorrow off of school so we figured out what fit her and what we needed to give away and so on and then we tackled her insanely disorganized closet and dresser drawers :faint: We got all of her stuff ready that she wants to make sure we don't forget like her lanyards and pressed penny book and her "Disney" jewelry.

So needless to say I feel MUCH better and more in control. My house still needs a good cleaning and I am having someone stay here with the dogs otherwise I would say forget it :rolleyes:

My requests are all confirmed with the IPO and I have reserved the limo to and from the airport :dance3:

Breezy has a cold but it is not too bad. It could also be allergies. I just keep telling her she needs to keep up with her sleep and drinking fluids so it does not turn into something worse! She also has a huge Soccer tournament next weekend which will blow a whole weekend day for us but between now and departure day I only work 4 days so I think I am good to go :cool1:

Just waiting to do the last minute stuff and packing. Even DH is showing signs of getting excited which is very uncharacteristic of him.;) We need this trip big time and have waited two years!

:scared1: Wow - you HAVE had a lot on your plate! A well deserved vacation headed your way for sure!!!

I will take the plunge and put a face to my name (for those of you who aren't on my Facebook). I am Krysta & I will be at the Poly 10-23/10-29 and staying CL in Hawaii. My dh Don and my dd9 Gianna will be there with me. If you see us make sure to say Hi & Aloha!!

That's a lovely photo and a lovely family! I have a photo on one of the October threads I just posted yesterday. I'll see if I can link it in here later. It's from last year, but we haven't changed all that much. Different hair, DD is a year older, but otherwise the same.

I decided not to put up the Halloween decorations this year. I just feel like we really don't need them since we will be gone the whole week leading up to Halloween. But the kids are mad at me. I don't know, maybe I should put them up??? :confused: It just seems silly to have them for 2 weeks and then come dragging in from vacation dead tired, back to school stress of make up work and facing having to take all the decorations down that we really didn't even enjoy. We put our Christmas stuff up on Thanksgiving so that's only 3 weeks after this trip!!! :scared1:

I put ours up in mid-September. Normally I would wait until October but I was in more of the Halloween mood this year. Hmmm, wonder why? :confused3 :laughing: Anyway, I don't go all out. Just some knick-knacks here and there, candles, door and window hangings and a sign out front. That's about it. So it's easy for me to put it up and take it down. Christmas is my holiday. That's when it takes me a full weekend to decorate and undecorate.

12 more days!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes!

I am so excited - things are finally going in the suitcase!!! (DH's vacation is 100% set including coverage :thumbsup2).

This is my gang. Unfortunately DD20 will not be with us this year.

Disney2010.jpg

Back to trip preparations!

Tracey

p.s. sorry about the huge pic! I tried to resize it, but it didn't seem to make a difference

Awesome picture maia! And congrats on getting your Halloween decorations up Tigr. Hope it gets you in the spirit!

I don't have a facebook so I'm not sure what might be going on there, but I'll have to find a picture of myself pretty soon, or take one before I forget. I think my family would strangle me if I tried to post something of them!

Only 15 more days until that Dole Whip on the beach!

Single digits dance! party::jumping1:party::dancer::dancer:

So I was looking at our schedule and I think we're going to try and do the campfire/movie either the Wednesday or Thursday of our week. I don't know how long DD will last at night, but I know she'll at least through the campfire. Has anyone done it and is it worth it? DD is 3, so will she be ok or is really geared to older kids? We're trying to have a down night and swimming isn't really a "down" activity for her, plus I think it might be too cold to go swimming at night at that point, so I'm trying to find something fun, but not packed with stimulation. I thought a campfire and a movie outside might just do it.

I thought I would jump in. This is my family's first trip to Disney. We will be at the Poly 10/22-10/29. We just told our kids on Wednesday (10 day countdown). They are so excited! It will be me, DH, DS age 9, DS age 8, and DD age 5. I am getting a little freaked out looking at accuweather. It is saying rain the whole week. I am hoping it is too far out to predict and they are really wrong! My girlfriend just got back after this horrible weekend's rain and said it was like a monsoon. I have been planning too much to have rain put a damper on things! Thanks for everyone's great tips. I love reading posts because it is helping me get ready.

Amy

I thought I would jump in. This is my family's first trip to Disney. We will be at the Poly 10/22-10/29. We just told our kids on Wednesday (10 day countdown). They are so excited! It will be me, DH, DS age 9, DS age 8, and DD age 5. I am getting a little freaked out looking at accuweather. It is saying rain the whole week. I am hoping it is too far out to predict and they are really wrong! My girlfriend just got back after this horrible weekend's rain and said it was like a monsoon. I have been planning too much to have rain put a damper on things! Thanks for everyone's great tips. I love reading posts because it is helping me get ready.

Amy

:welcome: to the party! If you are on FB, join our page there too!

I was silly enough to look at that too but I am not worried this far out :thumbsup2 This morning it was totally different and said sunny every day :rolleyes:

Single digits dance! party::jumping1:party::dancer::dancer:

So I was looking at our schedule and I think we're going to try and do the campfire/movie either the Wednesday or Thursday of our week. I don't know how long DD will last at night, but I know she'll at least through the campfire. Has anyone done it and is it worth it? DD is 3, so will she be ok or is really geared to older kids? We're trying to have a down night and swimming isn't really a "down" activity for her, plus I think it might be too cold to go swimming at night at that point, so I'm trying to find something fun, but not packed with stimulation. I thought a campfire and a movie outside might just do it.

Single digit dance here too!!
DH & DD9 did the movie & campfire a couple of years ago when it was still over towards the GF. They really enjoyed it. What's nice about it being right at the Poly now is if you decide to pack it in for the night you're right at the resort. We are also thinking about doing it Thursday night (it's one of those nights that we're just going to play by ear, but it's a party night, so we won't be heading to the MK - a movie might be just the thing!)

wow, i'm really late for the party. just discovered this nook of the disboards. we will be moving over to the Poly on oct 27 and checking out on oct 31. very excited for our first poly stay. i'm Kate(44) and my husband is Todd(46) and we will be celebrating 10years of being together. hope to see some of you there.

kate

WOW:yay: glad to see sooooo many of us staying at POly. We will be there 10/21-10/28. me(Tina), DH(Dave), and 4y/o son jimmy. Hope to see you all! Is there a schedule somewhere for which movies are playing and times?

WOW:yay: glad to see sooooo many of us staying at POly. We will be there 10/21-10/28. me(Tina), DH(Dave), and 4y/o son jimmy. Hope to see you all! Is there a schedule somewhere for which movies are playing and times?

There should be a list posted on a board by the volcano pool (near the beach end by the bar).

Welcome to all the new party guests! :dance3: If you wanted to be added to our list let me know you names if you share to divulge ;)

Don't forget our facebook page! Live from the Poly October 2011

The big countdown is on! What is everyone doing today?

Breezy has an early soccer game and then I plan to do some odds and ends around the house. That is if I do not blow away again like yesterday :headache: Wowza! The wind is crazy here in the windy city and of course it is raining so we will be miserable :sad2: I will be thinking happy sunny Poly thoughts! :beach:

Happy Sunday :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter