• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

The Last to Post-2nd Edition - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this week you will be emptying the garage while the contractor come in?

The wrapping comes inside the pack. But I can normally get them at my local chinese grocer as well. They are great with chicken tenders.

Nice pictures. I love the bowls.

Can you get the whole pack from Asian grocers or would I have to get the duck separately?

Can you get the whole pack from Asian grocers or would I have to get the duck separately?

Not that this will help you. But no help for me but maybe some. I bet you could get all of this at Trader Joes.

So this week you will be emptying the garage while the contractor come in?

I don't have to do anything on the house forthe next week! :cool1: I can put on dresses, I don't have to make sure that the clothes I'm wearing are ones that have holes and I'm OK with them getting dirty and ripped.

However, I will have to clear out the garage next week when we are back. Since we haven't signed the contract yet, I don't think they will start until next Monday at the earliest.

Not that this will help you. But no help for me but maybe some. I bet you could get all of this at Trader Joes.

I highly doubt that Trader Joes has a line of Peking Duck!

I highly doubt that Trader Joes has a line of Peking Duck!

I don't know about the duck, but they have a lot of specialy stuff, and I have bought the wrappers there before. I used the wrappers for Mu Shu Pork.

I dont blame you, that is alot of work. I dont look forward to going through more junk soon. I actually dread it. I need to try and get my errands done tomorrow. How is everyone tonight? How was vegas skiingfast? Did you say? I cant remember.

I'm not doing jack sh*t this week other than going to the Expo!

I can't blame you either.

I dont blame you, that is alot of work. I dont look forward to going through more junk soon. I actually dread it. I need to try and get my errands done tomorrow. How is everyone tonight? How was vegas skiingfast? Did you say? I cant remember.

I didn't. Can't remember though I was very lacking in sleep when I returned.

We left Sunday, a week ago, at night. I think we were on our way about midnight so actually Monday. Sun came up in Utah, I drove to about 6am, let my friend sleep, figuring the one who worked a double shift catering a wedding would be well alseep and after sleeping a bunch would wake up most alert. So we gassed and switched up. But I couldn't sleep so we talked and the third guy slept lightly, he never slept well in the car.

We stopped somewhere later near Fimore, Utah. But a stop with just a gas station and a few houses. Used the restroom and had some microwave breakfast sandwhiches. I know it was near Filmore because I spoke to the gas station attendant and that's where she is from. I have little doubt she is the hottest gal in Filmore.

After this I slept and woke about 20 minutes from Saint George. One friend had a paycheck no cash so we took the worst exit to find a Wells Fargo. But from a bluff atop a hill I could see a Mormon Temple and knew if we drove to it we should be close to the main street of town. After some monkeying around this worked. A chase bank was in view. A US Bank, and then nothing. So I said, "pull over I'll run and ask about a Wells Fargo". In the US bank through the door, across the room is the teller line with a long window behind them. Through that window you could see, Voila! a Wells Fargo. Since it was still early the banks were almost empty, and with directions quickly back onto I15.

Back on the road the canyon following the Virgin River is scenic and after that landmark after landmark couldn't let me sleep. We rolled into Vegas at about 10 Monday morning. Stopped at Craig road for the cheapest gas in town according to gasbuddy.com. Also there is a In and Out on Craig road. So I got my double double animal style, animal style fries and the first shake in a long, long time, neopolitan. Customer #2 of the day. I'm not sure why but the door said open 10:30 and it was earlier. There were of course jets going overhead as is normal by Nellis AFB. Also saw a plane doing rolls and leaving a smoke trail. I wonderd if there was an airshow at the base.

Not sure how check in would work so early, we figured we would either check in and go to the room, or valet the car, let the bell hop hold the bags and walk around. So we arrived at the exclusive, luxorious, almost mid strip, Imperial Palace. As the cheapest option/best location my friends were happy. Dirty smokey place, but it was low 20's a night. Room was ok, clean but a little wear, beds were really nice, balcony a bit dirty(pidgeons) and cigarettes being put out against the walls. But a balcony in Vegas was nice. I think we were on the 5th or 7th floor(all details of the trip after this are somehow fuzzy), and overlooked the pool. So now, we took a nap and set an alarm for 4. Blackout drapes so wonderful.

Thats how I arrive in Vegas so tired and cant sleep. Hope you had a good time. Did you buy one of those passes? If so how did it work? I dont know I hate the drive, but flying is alot. Plus I need a car ( well DH needs it to get to the golf course). This year we are going to ask for donations and give away stuff. Flying could get costly with having to drag all that stuff. UGH!

I have seen LuvADuck in some of the Asian grocers in Melbourne.

LuvADuck does sell the duck separately. It is cheaper to get the duck and buy the pancakes from the Asian grocers, particularly if you have hoisin sauce in your fridge.

But the Costco all in one pack is great. All I have to do is pop the duck in the oven (or micro) and then pop the pancakes, complete with plastic, in the microwave and everything is pretty much ready.

I'm not doing jack sh*t this week other than going to the Expo!

I should certainly hope so! And I hope you'll tell Fran that too....:laughing:

I can't blame you either.

I didn't. Can't remember though I was very lacking in sleep when I returned.

We left Sunday, a week ago, at night. I think we were on our way about midnight so actually Monday. Sun came up in Utah, I drove to about 6am, let my friend sleep, figuring the one who worked a double shift catering a wedding would be well alseep and after sleeping a bunch would wake up most alert. So we gassed and switched up. But I couldn't sleep so we talked and the third guy slept lightly, he never slept well in the car.

We stopped somewhere later near Fimore, Utah. But a stop with just a gas station and a few houses. Used the restroom and had some microwave breakfast sandwhiches. I know it was near Filmore because I spoke to the gas station attendant and that's where she is from. I have little doubt she is the hottest gal in Filmore.

After this I slept and woke about 20 minutes from Saint George. One friend had a paycheck no cash so we took the worst exit to find a Wells Fargo. But from a bluff atop a hill I could see a Mormon Temple and knew if we drove to it we should be close to the main street of town. After some monkeying around this worked. A chase bank was in view. A US Bank, and then nothing. So I said, "pull over I'll run and ask about a Wells Fargo". In the US bank through the door, across the room is the teller line with a long window behind them. Through that window you could see, Voila! a Wells Fargo. Since it was still early the banks were almost empty, and with directions quickly back onto I15.

Back on the road the canyon following the Virgin River is scenic and after that landmark after landmark couldn't let me sleep. We rolled into Vegas at about 10 Monday morning. Stopped at Craig road for the cheapest gas in town according to gasbuddy.com. Also there is a In and Out on Craig road. So I got my double double animal style, animal style fries and the first shake in a long, long time, neopolitan. Customer #2 of the day. I'm not sure why but the door said open 10:30 and it was earlier. There were of course jets going overhead as is normal by Nellis AFB. Also saw a plane doing rolls and leaving a smoke trail. I wonderd if there was an airshow at the base.

Not sure how check in would work so early, we figured we would either check in and go to the room, or valet the car, let the bell hop hold the bags and walk around. So we arrived at the exclusive, luxorious, almost mid strip, Imperial Palace. As the cheapest option/best location my friends were happy. Dirty smokey place, but it was low 20's a night. Room was ok, clean but a little wear, beds were really nice, balcony a bit dirty(pidgeons) and cigarettes being put out against the walls. But a balcony in Vegas was nice. I think we were on the 5th or 7th floor(all details of the trip after this are somehow fuzzy), and overlooked the pool. So now, we took a nap and set an alarm for 4. Blackout drapes so wonderful.

Sounds like a long road trip to me. Did you actually get to have some fun in Vegas?
And remember...what happens in Vegas has to be shared with the Lasters. ;)

Usnuz - you're up late or early :confused3

I never got out to do my chores, when I fianlly went to sleep I woke up at 12:eek: I need to try this week. I need to figure out what to do for chris's Bd in reno. You work tomorrow or today rather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter