The LAST in the park resort you would stay at is?

For me it would have to be any of the value resorts. Bright colors, large bowling pins, large tour groups, teen groups, football groups, dance groups, motel style, small rooms, full size beds, and crowded food courts would just leave me frustrated. Even if it were Disney. I'd pass if this were all that was available.

For me WL - I already live in the Pacific Northwest, I want something completely different.

Coronado Springs Resort... Doesn't feel like Disney! Value resorts serve the purpose... a place to sleep and shower.. no frills... but would stay if no other moderates are available.(besides CSR):scared: .. I don't like to pay the money for the deluxe if I don't spend anytime in the resort. They look cool when we've gone for dining, but the bus transportation seemed slower at the deluxes.

All Stars sports-no appeal

We drove by some of the values in 2003 and they looked awful...forget Holiday Inn to people who compared it to that...it was much more Motel 6, maybe they have gotten better.

I would rather just take a vacation somewhere else than stay in a Value. I love Disney, but I am not addicted.

Really not interested in the Wilderness Lodge. My ILs live in a wood house in the mountains, we can see stuff like that anytime.

I would also not pay to camp at WDW. No thanks,I can just camp near here.

In this order:

Caribbean Beach (unfortunately, my son is staying there--not his choice)
Grand Floridian
Wildnerness Lodge

The value resorts. I cannot see myself flying 1000 miles to Orlando only to sleep at the equivalent of a Holiday Inn/ Motel 6 with a giant bowling pin and rubik's cube.

Doesn't sound to me like you've ever stayed there. If every Holiday Inn was as much fun as the Value Resorts, I'd be pumped!

I have to ask - The people that are saying they'd never stay at a Value because it looks like a Motel 6, have you ever stayed, or even been there? While the Values may not be everyone's cup of tea, I can't imagine anyone comparing them to a Motel 6.

1. Allstars, POP, Cabins
2. SSR (looks like a HUGE apartment complex to me and I don't like condo-
type resorts).
3. CSR (hate the Southwest theme-not just at WDW, but anywhere.
Although the new room decor is pretty nice).
4. POR, POFQ, CBR (this is because of the double beds and my family of 5, if
DH and I went by ourselves without kids, I might try them).
5. CR (I LOVE the inside of the rooms, but the rest of the hotel is too bland
for me).

Doesn't sound to me like you've ever stayed there. If every Holiday Inn was as much fun as the Value Resorts, I'd be pumped!

I have to ask - The people that are saying they'd never stay at a Value because it looks like a Motel 6, have you ever stayed, or even been there? While the Values may not be everyone's cup of tea, I can't imagine anyone comparing them to a Motel 6.

DH and I stayed at ASMUSIC back in 1995 at the suggestion of our travel agent. I can't even begin to tell you how dissapointed we were with this hotel. The rooms felt like the motel I stayed at in Wildwood NJ for my senior week in high school. We hated everything about it. While there, we walked around and saw I believe, ASSPORTS. We hated that just as much. I mean, they were virtually identical except for the giant icons. I've only ever seen POP or ASMOVIES in pictures, but they are just as unappealing to me. I don't think we need to visit them to know we would dislike them also.

The mods are often compared to a Motel 6 by many on these boards as well. I think it has to do with the "outside entrance." Truthfully, we prefer walking outside and into our door rather than down a long, dark, drab corridor and we find it much quieter than the indoor corridors (we had issues with noisy kids running up and down the halls at both the CR and the Poly (we've never had that problem at the CSR).

All Star Movies. I stayed there in 2007. I would not stay there again. EVER. Thankfully, we bought DVC so we don't have to.

1. CSR - Rude CM!
2. POR - I live in New Orleans, I don't want to go on vacation and stay there...
3. Offsite

The mods are often compared to a Motel 6 by many on these boards as well. I think it has to do with the "outside entrance." Truthfully, we prefer walking outside and into our door rather than down a long, dark, drab corridor and we find it much quieter than the indoor corridors (we had issues with noisy kids running up and down the halls at both the CR and the Poly (we've never had that problem at the CSR).

As much as we enjoy the GF, Poly and CR, I must agree with KatMark, esp at the Poly. When I went back to the resort alone a couple of times, did not like walking alone through the Poly grounds and it was downright creepy in the hallway to our room.

Never felt this way at FQ and although we swore we'd never stay at POP - we did for a long budget weekend (now 4 long budget weekends ;) ) and felt perfectly safe walking to the room alone.

Same for noise - everyday heard the squeals of delight from little ones in the inside halls. Not complaining, just comparing. :thumbsup2

I will admit that I have never stayed at a value resort. However, I have walked around them, saw one of the rooms from friends of ours who stayed their while we stayed at the YC. I have seen the crowded food courts and I have seen the huge cheer groups and the foreign tour groups at those resorts. I'll pass. I want a nice pool, quiet resort, and I personally prefer not entering my room from the outside like a motel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter