The Land Pavillion?

M2B

Mouseketeer
I'm reading on the Pet Peeve thread about the Land Pavilion in MK? being hard to manage with mobility issues.

Is this a separate area? I'm a little confused, but if it's tough to manage with mobility issues I'll want to avoid it with my scooter. :)

I'm reading on the Pet Peeve thread about the Land Pavilion in MK? being hard to manage with mobility issues.

Is this a separate area? I'm a little confused, but if it's tough to manage with mobility issues I'll want to avoid it with my scooter. :)

Land Pavilion is at Epcot.

The mobility issue is that there is only one small guest elevator in the whole building and the
major attractions (Soarin' and Living with the Land) plus the popular CS restaurant (Sunshine Seasons)
are all downstairs from the entrance.

And not sure why anyone would have issues, there is a ramp and elevators. The main floor where you queue for Soarin' is usually crowded, but if you take your time you shouldn't have a problem. And yes as the PP said, the Land Pavillion is in Epcot : )

And not sure why anyone would have issues, there is a ramp and elevators.

The ramp is for the upstairs area only.

The (inadequate, considering the overwhelming popularity) elevator is the only way a scooter or wheelchair can access the lower main floor.

I can see where it might be difficult to maneuver through a packed food court in the Land. It's hard enough to move around in there without mobility issues on a busy day during the lunch and dinner dining hours.

Ok, good to know. And to have the right park. :lmao:

I enjoyed Soarin' at DL, and want to go again at WDW so I'll have to suck it up and deal I guess. Sounds like the issues aren't with mobility per se, but with maneuvering around with a scooter, stroller, wheelchair etc. through the crowds.

The one and only elevator is also very small. One scooter will fit in it. You definately can get around there, just that sometimes you need to wait in line with 5 other scooters waiting for their turn for the elevator.

Sounds like the issues aren't with mobility per se, but with maneuvering around with a scooter, stroller, wheelchair etc. through the crowds.

Not so much.

It's the elevator that's the main issue.

The one and only elevator is also very small. One scooter will fit in it. You definately can get around there, just that sometimes you need to wait in line with 5 other scooters waiting for their turn for the elevator.
I would disagree with this. If the riders know what they are doing there is no problem to get two scooters and a wheelchair into that elevator.

The major issue is when they did the rehab a few years ago they did not add a second elevator.

Ok, good to know. And to have the right park. :lmao:

I enjoyed Soarin' at DL, and want to go again at WDW so I'll have to suck it up and deal I guess. Sounds like the issues aren't with mobility per se, but with maneuvering around with a scooter, stroller, wheelchair etc. through the crowds.

They don't allow strollers in there, so that frees up lots of space.

Sunshine Seasons is much more spacious than most food places in Disney. It is kind of like a mall food court with different places for many kinds of food. The tables even seem to be better spaced.

The only real problem is a wait for the elevator. Since the escalators are often not working, people with stair issues have to use the only elevator also.

The ramp is for the upstairs area only.

The (inadequate, considering the overwhelming popularity) elevator is the only way a scooter or wheelchair can access the lower main floor.
There is a steep ramp to get into the building and once you are inside, there is a steep, curving ramp to get to the second level, where the elevator is located. The elevator is needed to go all the way to the lower floor (for the Food court, Living with the Land, Soarin').

The elevator is small and is located in a kind of congested area. If people know what they are doing, it is possible to get 2 mobility devices in.
In our experience, most people are not really sure what they are doing, so the elevator is often loaded with only one ECV, parked dead center. We usually send one person with DD in her wheelchair and the rest of the party uses the escalators/stairs. Even with doing that, we often have to wait several elevators to get DD in or out.

The food court where you get food is spacious, but the table areas can get congested trying to get in or out with a wheelchair or ECV.

Even walking down there is a pain. We went at RD to get fastpasses. Going down was OK but trying to get back up the stairs against the giant swarm of people going to ride it was not so much fun. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter