The lady on the plane is saying every prayer known to man...

OMG that's awesome. You'll be fine. Enjoy your flight. Maybe you can help her think about something else.

Haha I know I told her please throw an extra prayer in for me!

Also this is my first Time on nice seats on a plane I'm excited!

is she saying them out loud, in a whisper, or what?

Sounds like you could have been seated next to me. I always carry my rosary with me when flying and use it religiously for take offs and landings. (See what I did there? :rotfl:) It gets me through the worst parts of my flying phobia, along with my Ativan. If she's just praying quietly, count yourself lucky. At least you weren't dealing with a panic attack freak out.

I had a scary flight a few years ago. I was with 2 friends and we had been on a cruise and were flying home to Philly from San Juan. There was some severe turbulence due to a storm and we turn and look and here is my friend Bridget with this monster wooden crucifix! The thing had to have been 10 inches long. The funny thing is, we had just spent a week on a cruise ship with her, sharing a tiny cabin and neither of us knew she even had it with her, LOL

Hope your flight was ok and you have a great trip in the World!

Several years ago, DH was returning from Israel. The guy next to him was Israeli and he prayed out loud and rocked back and forth in his seat the entire 10 hours.

DH can normally sleep through anything, but he did not sleep on that flight.

Heading to Disney right now!

I don't know if I'm super safe or doomed I'll update you but do you guys have a ritual because she has two rosaries and I think I'm on the 15th Hail Mary with her

Be happy you have her next to you! If you were sitting by me, I would be scrunched up in a ball, yelping at every "bump" and crying THE WHOLE TIME!
I still don't let it stop me from flying but my family really doesn't even want to sit with me any longer.
It doesn't matter if strangers are surrounding me, I cry and tense the whole trip.

I'm an okay flyer once I'm up in the air...erm, but yes, that's me absently rubbing the Crucifix I wear around my neck throughout the entire flight. I don't like takeoff and landing and that's when I pray in earnest. It's silly, but it makes me feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter