• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Kitchen Character DINNER at HRH

PartyofSix

TripMomma + 4
So our party of six includes me and DH, DD10, DD16, DD20 & DD24. I have a trip planned for staying onsite at the HRH and thought hey this would be fun. I was wondering if ya'll would share your experience with a Character Dinner if you've had one with me. I assume the menu will be order off regular menu since I did'nt chance it being described as a buffet or find a menu with the booking. Thanks so much.

I have done it before

You order off the regular menu and a couple characters will visit guests, table to table

Check with the hotel for the hours characters will be present

Each hotel rotates the character dining period on different days

We ate here back in June. I'm still thinking about the AWESOME shrimp tacos I had there and the fantastic appetizers. We really ordered way too much food. There were five of us. My quick blurb about it from my TR:

We also ate one night at The Kitchen at Hard Rock. This was a also a character meal and we got visited by Scooby and Woody Woodpecker. We were so hungry here and ordered way too much food but most of it was good. The bread they brought to the table...delicious and only wish I'd known it was coming before I had ordered an appetizer. We got the spinach and artichoke dip and it was huge, plenty of chips and outstanding! I got the shrimp tacos here...soooo good! I had only room for one of three but took the other two to our room, put in the cooler, and had them another night. My daughter got the kids chicken breast...and it was somewhat burnt and dry and really NOT good at all. She had ordered a caesar salad too and ate some of that, plus had the appetizers, so when the waitress came around I told her she just didn't enjoy it and she took it off the menu. I think my son got a burger that he enjoyed...don't recall any complaints. My DH got a steak which he said was OK...not the best steak around but it was good enough. I think my other son got steak and ate it all...but might have been a filet so maybe better? Only wish we had saved room for dessert but no dice.

So we had some good and bad food and Scooby and Woody made brief appearances and paused for photos. I think we'd definitely return though...for the food and not the character experience.

Great thank ya'll. I can't wait my kids have never stayed at the HRH. I have twice but with them never so they will like it i'm sure. The menu for The Kitchen looks great i think we will make piggy's of ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter