The Kindness of Strangers

Heartwarming!!! Thank you for sharing! Making people smile is a gift we can all give and should try to do more. :love:

We try to pass on balloons when we are there. If we're going on a cruise or to AKL, you can't have them, so giving them to someone can brighten their day. I just learned that I had to do the giving becuae a 40 year old man w/ a 5 o'clock shadow (my DH) giving someone a balloon can creep people out. :rotfl2: Next time I'll look to see if people are looking down/sad. ::yes::

And yep, we're givers of the FPs too. :) I always feel bad when they are offered to us and we are trying to give ours away. ;)

Back in 2012, my last visit to WDW I got on the bus at POP and a young boy offered me a seat next to him and his family, guess my cane gave it away. Got to talking to him and I had my lanyard on full of pins, he commented on it and we talked about pin trading. He wanted to start so as he and family were leaving I gave him a pin. Well, you would think I was Mickey Mouse or at least Tigger, haha. I got a big smile and a big thank you and that made my day as well.

All of these stories are just a few examples of why I love Disney so much. I have been the recipient of kindness and the giver. DH & I are empty nesters so we both have a soft spot for the little ones. We always seem to connect with a little princess or pirate every bus ride to and from our hotel. Last year we sat across from a little girl dressed like Jasmine on our way to MK. We talked with her & played games with her all the way there. When we got off the bus she hugged me 'bye. Late that evening I kept hearing a child yelling nearby. Finally my husband got my attention and it was the little Jasmine screaming "Hey lady!" When I saw her she ran to me and hugged me again and said she was leaving to go back to her hotel to pack for home. I asked her if she had a magical day and she said that she had, then she said to me, "I will never forget you." And hugged me again. Wow. I cried of course. Her mom could barely speak English, but she just kept smiling at me, nodding her head and saying, "Thank you, thank you." Those unplanned moments are what always brings the most magic!

All of these stories are just a few examples of why I love Disney so much. I have been the recipient of kindness and the giver. DH & I are empty nesters so we both have a soft spot for the little ones. We always seem to connect with a little princess or pirate every bus ride to and from our hotel. Last year we sat across from a little girl dressed like Jasmine on our way to MK. We talked with her & played games with her all the way there. When we got off the bus she hugged me 'bye. Late that evening I kept hearing a child yelling nearby. Finally my husband got my attention and it was the little Jasmine screaming "Hey lady!" When I saw her she ran to me and hugged me again and said she was leaving to go back to her hotel to pack for home. I asked her if she had a magical day and she said that she had, then she said to me, "I will never forget you." And hugged me again. Wow. I cried of course. Her mom could barely speak English, but she just kept smiling at me, nodding her head and saying, "Thank you, thank you." Those unplanned moments are what always brings the most magic!

Aww, your story got me all teary eyed. That's so magical! :goodvibes

Love these kinds of threads!

Sept 2013 we were waiting for a bus at Pop. There was a husband and wife behind us who we started talking to. The wife's mission on her Disney trips was to make moms feel special. She pulled out brand new Mickey Mouse earrings and gave them to me. I still wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter