The kids want to know: DVC with the best pool slide?

Beach club is the clear winner! Also, eat at beaches and cream!

This thread is the perfect example of why I love the DISboards: we go from discussing pool slides for the kids to discussing pool bars for the adults!;)

Is another DVC benefit that you can bring coolers to the pools? I've never thought about doing that when staying at one of the non-DVC resorts but it would certainly save me time and money not running back and forth to get everyone something to drink.

We had much less time at the pools than I hoped on our trip in December 2009. However we had an afternoon at the BLT pool and this was the best slide, it was nice and shaded and we took our cups for unlimited refills in the pool area. I agree with others that the BWV is one of the best. BCV is overrated, particular in regard to the slide. As for others there is always next time.

I only have experience at the AKV, but here is a pic of the Kidani slide. It was much much longer and way more fun than the Jambo slide. This pic was taken from the bridge the slide shoots under and into the water.

52yqzd.jpg

I'm glad to see BWV get so many votes! We just passed ROFR there and I can't wait to try out the slide this Fall!!!!

This thread is the perfect example of why I love the DISboards: we go from discussing pool slides for the kids to discussing pool bars for the adults!;)

Is another DVC benefit that you can bring coolers to the pools? I've never thought about doing that when staying at one of the non-DVC resorts but it would certainly save me time and money not running back and forth to get everyone something to drink.

I don't think bringing a cooler would be just a DVC thing. We keep a collapsible cooler & a couple of blue ice things, some straws, a bottle of Captain Morgan & some of big plastic cups in our Owners Locker. I mix a drink to carry down to the pool & bring supplies for refills!:rotfl: We stop by the ice machine on the way to the pool and find the blue ice helps keep the ice from melting so fast in the summer...I throw in a small bottle of Diet Coke for myself & 2 or 3 beers for DH & a water or Gatorade for DS...stick my Captain Morgan in the pool bag & VOILA! Instant pool bar to go!!:thumbsup2 (We take the cooler to the water parks too with beer & waters.)

I THINK I remember reading somewhere that the Kidani slide may be the longest of any of the DVC slides. I think.:confused3

When the OKW slide was completed it was advertised as the "fastest" slide of all the DVC resorts. As for my kids, they never met a pool slide they didn't like. Except for my youngest who found the OKW slide to be too fast. Yet she loves Summit Plummit. Go figure.

So far, I think we have to give the slide at AKV-Kidani the edge. Even the lifeguard there at Kidani agreed that it was one of the best on Disney property.

We had spent a week at BCV before that and they did love that slide also...but as great as that pool area is, I have to admit I enjoyed Kidani because it was a little smaller and I could hang out in one area to see the kids. Too hard to keep track of them all wanting to do different things at BCV.

We are thinking about a planning a trip in June of 2011 with the family and I have to admit I'm looking forward to more pool time and trying to plan for a resort with a great pool. Now that SSR is building a new one, I'm wondering if I should try that one first. It is our home resort after all and the one I'll have to book initially anyway.

Ok so this was a fun thread - we are trying to decide on resale points and looking at pool info tonight -
our kids 4 and 2 when we go in Nov

Looks like SSR - is getting a remodel - but seems like a long bus or buses ride(s) from resorts - ?? Long walks to pool? great resale points just looks HUGE

Is boardwalk getting a make over - would love a few splash fountains maybe a newer playground ? This is just pictures I have seen on google - maybe newer then it looks? Much easier to get points here

OKW prior to DVC we stayed at FQ so know this resort by the bus route - looks huge - maybe to far to pool again with small kids - but it did look like a great pool - great resale points on extented contracts....

BCV - of course looks like the most fun for our small kids - got to love sand for sure! but the resale points are $$ and doesnt look good for booking at 7 months??? Would love to be close to Epoct - F&W

Ok we are new VGC members and already looking at resale points for our 2011 trip early Oct....so any thoughts comments are welcome - trying to find the best of all worlds - pool, points value, location ;)

oh staying at BLT for 3 nights after our cruise in Nov this year - really excited but with 3 days might not make it to the pool.

Thanks!

you should consider these things when buying

do you plan more than 7 months in advance?
Do you have a resort you simply never want to stay at?
Do you have a resort you always want to stay at?

SSR is an excellent buy right now IF you are content to stay there if you cant get anything else or if its your favorite resort.
It is also an excellent choice if you are the type of person that doesnt plan more than 7 months in advance.
Points are points once the 7 months window passes

Our boys loved the slide at CSR, which was pretty long too, but the Samawati Springs slide looks even longer.....well, on the resort map anyway. :goodvibes

We like BWV, But CSR Jaguar slide is better. We usually pool hop to CSR at least once a trip just for the slide! We have pool hopped to several other pools as well. CBR is OK, Poly is lame. We like the VWL pool but the slide is tame. Haven't been to SAB, looks 'complicated' and a bit of a pain with the wrist bands and gates, the complicated layout would make it tough to see the kids.

My boys top 4 :
4)BLT
3)SAB
2)POLY VOLCANO POOL
1)BWV CLOWN SLIDE-tried it for the 1st time on last trip and they LOVED it!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter