The jogging track encounters

tigerfan2012

Mouseketeer
I just got back from our first Disney Vacation on the Dream, having done a lot of research here prior. But I had to share so that someone else may experience this by chance. I have not seen a lot of talk about it here but it seemed that many characters take the jogging track as a way to get around the ship. In our case with my 17 months old son we learned quickly it was a great way to get around the crowds to get to the aft elevators while on deck 4.

One night we took this route and found the entire path to be completely empty on a 3k plus person ship we were alone. Walking from the atrium area to aft. It was a rainy night but we could see in the distance someone approaching us through the haze of the night. It was Snow White walking wistfully around the deck. It was a by chance character encounter. My son just sat there and gazed at her intently while she talked to him and we snapped some pictures. It really felt like we were part of a Disney Cruise line commercial. Definitely the highlight of our trip.

So sometimes definitly take the road less taken it can be rewarding in many ways.

It's not just a jogging track - there's nice areas to sit down and relax. It is hardly used however.

It can get windy and hence why not many use it...

We slept in those chairs for 1 1/2 hr one day. Peter Pan even walked by and wished us a good nap ;-)

Ditto to all the above - we spend some nice quiet time on Deck 4 after dinner and before shows. My son and I played some shuffleboard as characters walked by. Not sure why some don't use it but i would also recommend using it when you can! (PS this was on the Fantasy)

We also have had numerous interactions on deck 4 with the different characters. The funniest was Mickey giving all of us that were jogging on deck high fives as we passed.

The coolest though by far was a stage performer practicing her song as she walked. The way it echoed in the closed in sections of the path was haunting and beautiful sounding.

Cgolf

We use it every morning. Three mile walk before breakfast. It is the most peaceful time and the sunrises are awsome.

We have had encounters on Deck 4 outside on most of our cruises.....Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Peter Pan, etc. It is a great way to interact with characters.

MJ

I just got back from our first Disney Vacation on the Dream, having done a lot of research here prior. But I had to share so that someone else may experience this by chance. I have not seen a lot of talk about it here but it seemed that many characters take the jogging track as a way to get around the ship. In our case with my 17 months old son we learned quickly it was a great way to get around the crowds to get to the aft elevators while on deck 4.

One night we took this route and found the entire path to be completely empty on a 3k plus person ship we were alone. Walking from the atrium area to aft. It was a rainy night but we could see in the distance someone approaching us through the haze of the night. It was Snow White walking wistfully around the deck. It was a by chance character encounter. My son just sat there and gazed at her intently while she talked to him and we snapped some pictures. It really felt like we were part of a Disney Cruise line commercial. Definitely the highlight of our trip.

So sometimes definitly take the road less taken it can be rewarding in many ways.

pixiedust: Aww. I love random character sightings :flower3:

Although, at first I thought this thread was going to be about joggers interactions and was thinking, oh no :scared:

pixiedust:

LOVE deck 4!!! We've encountered some characters! But we also love to lay out on those comfy blue chairs late at night prior to heading to our cabin. Just listening to the ship cutting through the ocean waters - so peaceful. And we've also seen some CM's jogging late at night!!

I don't remember ever meeting characters outside on Deck 4 (promenade "track"). But on the classic ships I've had some nice character interactions deck 4 aft near the stairs. Just me and the Mice - it was very, very Nice!!

Is the jogging track set up the same for the classic ships too? We will be on the Wonder at the end of the month!

I LOVE this deck!!! I am a walker. I have a problem using the treadmills in a moving ship, so I walk early in the morning. It is so very peaceful!!!! I like to read on the decks as well. In the afternoons it's so quiet and peaceful; so much better than the pool deck if the kids are in the clubs.

We have had encounters on Deck 4 outside on most of our cruises.....Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Peter Pan, etc. It is a great way to interact with characters.

MJ

Does it matter if you are on the port or starboard side for these interactions?

swedemeatball said:
Does it matter if you are on the port or starboard side for these interactions?

They are unpredictable.

Another place we found for random appearances and interactions on the Fantasy was in the atrium on deck 5 in the late evening. My 3 year old and I would go through on our way to pick up oye 7 year old at the club. We had some magical encounters pretty much every night with Princess Aurora, Snow White, Peter Pan and Chip and Dale.

my son would run and I walked at least once a day

on our day in port we went for our run/walk and what did we run in to was the cast member life boat drill

picture what it is like during the passenger drill put add the fact that all castmembers were wearing there lime green life jackets...

the next 2 days several castmembers commented to us that they remembered us from the drill.:cool1:

and we would comment we remembered the puzzled look on most of there face as we passed them during the drill

especially interesting in the tunnel areas in the front and back of ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter