The "I've Waited Forever to Go Solo" Mom's Leaving Everyone Behind Trip! Updt 3/11

Okay folks, I saw this on Disneyshopping.com and I think it is calling my name. Really. I think it wants to come with me in August.

58779M.jpg

Allyson:surfweb:

That shirt is ADORABLE - yes, you need that for sure! :goodvibes

Go CELTICS!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Oh if only I could wear something that cute!! Buy it!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shirt. Definitely get it!! ::yes::

Also, you should definitely see the Nemo show in AK. :thumbsup2 It brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. It's an absolutely wonderful production!

60 days away already? That's awesome! :woohoo:

Will make a mental note about that, the place by the Backlot Tour. Speaking of that, does anyone take that tour anymore? I rarely seem to see it mentioned in any trippies. I haven't been on it since a very long time ago.

Coming up soon in my trip report.

Checked on the Celtics first thing this morning... :( But they've got another try on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!!

Allyson, (Well, all of you solo folk really! )

You're inspiring me! I am trying to acquire more experience at Disney so I can become a travel agent sometime soon. DH said "go by yourself". I almost fainted. NOT my thing!!!! But now I feel truly motivated to do this. That said, getting past the idea of dining alone will be tough.

You are inspiring me to write pre trip reports as well. I haven't posted anything involved on DIS in a LONG time and keep thinking "Honestly, who cares?" :) I, however, really care about this one, so why not?

Thanks again guys!

Christy

I think you're right. That top just told me it wants to come with you on your trip. ;)

Your paintings are adorable!

Fingers crossed for the Celtics tonight. :wizard:
Thank you, thank you and thank you!

Beat LA ,Beat LA!!!!:cheer2: LOVE the mickey ear nightgown!:thumbsup2 How fun your vacation sounds!:thumbsup2 In AK if I were alone, I would look for Devine, I would see FOTLK , my kids don't like it and I would eat at Flame Tree BBQ, I would watch the chair acrobats in Africa AND see the parade, it is suppossed to be the best of all the afternoon parades!:goodvibes
Chair acrobats, see another new thing for me! I will put it on the list! We did eat at Flame Tree last time and it was very good. Hmmmmmm! So much food, so little time!

Hoping for a Celtic win for you!!!

I am so so sorry about Sterling! :(

Love your artwork!!! You are fantastic at it! I love the whimsical nature of it!

Your ideas for AK sound good -- I love taking pictures there, too -- in fact, I took four rolls of film there -- there is no telling what it all is of until I get them developed tomorrow.
Thanks for the condolensces and the compliments on my art! And I can't wait to see your pictures!

I could not resist the disneyshopping $4.99 tees sale myself...I am so weak!
It is a great sale!

:cheer2: Beat LA :cheer2:

Animal Kingdom - the bird show is neat - I actually let a bird (hawk?)land on my arm and take a dollar from my hand. I was so nervous but it was something new. We love FOTLK but due to technical difficulties never got to see Finding Nemo. So I would be interested to see if you like it.
I think I might like the bird show! Same as you say, something new and I kind of like birds!

That shirt is ADORABLE - yes, you need that for sure! :goodvibes

Go CELTICS!!:yay: :yay: :yay:
Keep that Go Celtics chant going! Hoping being in the Garden tonight will give them that extra umph to win!

Oh if only I could wear something that cute!! Buy it!!
They have lots of things on sale right now, go check it out!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shirt. Definitely get it!! ::yes::

Also, you should definitely see the Nemo show in AK. :thumbsup2 It brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. It's an absolutely wonderful production!

60 days away already? That's awesome! :woohoo:
I counted wrong, it's not 60. LOL! It will be 60 this Sunday, I was a week off!

Coming up soon in my trip report.
I'll be watching for it!

Checked on the Celtics first thing this morning... :( But they've got another try on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!!
They want to make crazy waiting for this! I hope tonight seals the deal!

Allyson, (Well, all of you solo folk really! )

You're inspiring me! I am trying to acquire more experience at Disney so I can become a travel agent sometime soon. DH said "go by yourself". I almost fainted. NOT my thing!!!! But now I feel truly motivated to do this. That said, getting past the idea of dining alone will be tough.

You are inspiring me to write pre trip reports as well. I haven't posted anything involved on DIS in a LONG time and keep thinking "Honestly, who cares?" :) I, however, really care about this one, so why not?

Thanks again guys!

Christy
I say go for it! Heck go in August and we can meet up for a drink or bite to eat! You know, I have my moments where I think "What am I doing?" and I worry if this will be a good experience but I just know it will. I've always wanted to do it and sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone can be a bit scary but end up being something really cool and memorable. I think of this as my mid life crisis and something I have to do!

And write a report! You should try it! I find it fun. I am not really discussing this trip with *anyone* IRL. The few people I have told I can tell think I've lost it! LOL!

Allyson

Just a quick little shopping update for you!

Yes that Mickey Head shirt did find its way into my cart! As did a Mickey T and a Minnie T. All that including shipping for $29! There is a nice $4.99 T shirt sale going on right now if you are in the market! And I found a code online for another I think it was 15% off? Anyway, I was happy and I thought that Mickey Head shirt would be great in the August heat. Wonder if I can save it till then? Oooooh, that might be hard but I'll try.

I haven't bought anything else for this trip yet. I was just there in March so I don't feel like I really *need* anything. Aside from these shirts I think I'm good to go in the clothing department. I just yesterday received a new bathing suit I ordered from Lands End. I have Crocs and Sandals and footwear. I have my trusty Baggalini though the idea of downsizing has come into my mind. Maybe I'll look for something even smaller. It is not big but with just me I think I could go smaller. That might be a fun project. Any ideas?

And I think this trip I am going to get some Lime Mickey Heads and laminate and hang off my bag. I would love to be able to say Hi to other DISers this trip. So a trek to Home Depot looks like it will be in order.

I'll be back tonight for a real update. I'll write while I watch the Celtics. Hopefully while I watch the Celtics WIN!

Have a great day folks!

Allyson

I say go for it! Heck go in August and we can meet up for a drink or bite to eat! You know, I have my moments where I think "What am I doing?" and I worry if this will be a good experience but I just know it will. I've always wanted to do it and sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone can be a bit scary but end up being something really cool and memorable. I think of this as my mid life crisis and something I have to do!

And write a report! You should try it! I find it fun. I am not really discussing this trip with *anyone* IRL. The few people I have told I can tell think I've lost it! LOL!

Allyson

Thanks!! I did begin a report called "You have GOT to be kidding me!" Check it out and you will begin to see why I can't possibly go in August. But I would love to meet some of you all sometime. A "Solo Meet" sounds like an oxymoron but hey, we can't be wildly independent ALL the time!! :)

You are going to have a blast!! And if not, who cares. At least you know what it was like.

$4.99 t-shirts online and at the Disney Store were a great trip prep!! I love when they do that! Right now there's a luau dress calling my name on Ebay :)

Just a quick little shopping update for you!

I have my trusty Baggalini though the idea of downsizing has come into my mind. Maybe I'll look for something even smaller. It is not big but with just me I think I could go smaller. That might be a fun project. Any ideas?

Allyson

Well, I've gotten to the point where I only use a fanny pack these days. I used to do a mini backpack (sort of like the Baggalini) but found it was more cumbersome to have to take it off of my shoulder, dig through it to get what I need while holding it, and then put it all back together with my hands full. Now I just reach down, unzip, and voila! I have what I need. :idea:

I know they're not exactly fashionable, but very functional... :rotfl:

And here is a little more chanting to help the Celtics along...

GO CELTICS! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Have a good one - I'll be crossing my fingers that we will hear good news! :banana:

So thank you all, I now have ideas for all 4 parks! I am compiling them in a seperate Word document like a good DISer and am going to create some sort of cute crafty thing to put them in. If nothing else it will give me something to do as I pass time! And I counted wrong! LOL! I posted last time that it was 60 days, wrong! I was a week off. It is currently 65 days.

So how about I share my itinerary of the moment. Sound good?

Thursday August 21

Fly out of Hartford and arrive in Orlando at night, ME to the hotel

Friday August 22

DHS for rope drop
Break in the afternoon, a swim? a nap? It's just me, I guess I'll do whatever I want! :thumbsup2

Dinner at Kona (YUM!)

MK for Wishes (I hear rumors of no Spectro due to the Liberty Bridge Rehab, we'll see I guess)

Saturday August 23
Breakfast at Tusker House at 8am
AK
Break in the afternoon
Epcot
Dinner at Cape May with my friend
Illuminations

Sunday August 24
Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Break in the afternoon
DHS for dinner, currently have MM ADR but hoping for the bar at Prime Time
Fantasmic
Over to MK for evening EMH

Monday August 25
Epcot
Break in the afternoon
Dinner at Marrakesh but might bag this for just eating CS around the world
Epcot at night

Tuesday August 26
Fly home way too early!

The beauty of this is being alone I can shake it up anytime without creating a big ordeal. No one to be upset if I bag something. No one to complain if I want a long break. Or no break for that matter. I think with the heat I will most likely still enjoy the break but perhaps taking it in an AC restaurant or something will do. I'll just figure it out when I am there. I think that is part of the trip I'll really enjoy, only having myself to worry about and sort of just going with the flow. I have this plan but I'll totally just see where my mood takes me each day.

:offtopic: In prep for our Half Marathon in January we completed our first 5K on Saturday. It was one of our milestones along the way. My first 5K ever! I finished 23 seconds behind Grumpy and made better time than I was anticipating. I really enjoyed it and it felt really, really good to finish! I never could have done this a few months ago! :banana:

We are in the second quarter of the game, Celts are winning but it is quite close. Really, really hoping we can put this series to bed tonight!

Have a lovely night folks!

So thank you all, I now have ideas for all 4 parks! I am compiling them in a seperate Word document like a good DISer and am going to create some sort of cute crafty thing to put them in. If nothing else it will give me something to do as I pass time! And I counted wrong! LOL! I posted last time that it was 60 days, wrong! I was a week off. It is currently 65 days.

So how about I share my itinerary of the moment. Sound good?

Thursday August 21

Fly out of Hartford and arrive in Orlando at night, ME to the hotel

Friday August 22

DHS for rope drop
Break in the afternoon, a swim? a nap? It's just me, I guess I'll do whatever I want! :thumbsup2

Dinner at Kona (YUM!)

MK for Wishes (I hear rumors of no Spectro due to the Liberty Bridge Rehab, we'll see I guess)

Saturday August 23
Breakfast at Tusker House at 8am
AK
Break in the afternoon
Epcot
Dinner at Cape May with my friend
Illuminations

Sunday August 24
Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Break in the afternoon
DHS for dinner, currently have MM ADR but hoping for the bar at Prime Time
Fantasmic
Over to MK for evening EMH

Monday August 25
Epcot
Break in the afternoon
Dinner at Marrakesh but might bag this for just eating CS around the world
Epcot at night

Tuesday August 26
Fly home way too early!

The beauty of this is being alone I can shake it up anytime without creating a big ordeal. No one to be upset if I bag something. No one to complain if I want a long break. Or no break for that matter. I think with the heat I will most likely still enjoy the break but perhaps taking it in an AC restaurant or something will do. I'll just figure it out when I am there. I think that is part of the trip I'll really enjoy, only having myself to worry about and sort of just going with the flow. I have this plan but I'll totally just see where my mood takes me each day.

:offtopic: In prep for our Half Marathon in January we completed our first 5K on Saturday. It was one of our milestones along the way. My first 5K ever! I finished 23 seconds behind Grumpy and made better time than I was anticipating. I really enjoyed it and it felt really, really good to finish! I never could have done this a few months ago! :banana:

We are in the second quarter of the game, Celts are winning but it is quite close. Really, really hoping we can put this series to bed tonight!

Have a lovely night folks!

You are going to have such a good time!! I'm really enjoying reading about all of your plans.

3rd quarter, Celts up by 26!

WOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEE!

We are so stinkin' close to this free tv baby!

Allyson

Celtics Won!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Your pixie dust helped! WOO HOO!​

Allyson

Woo Hoo!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Congratulations! I never knew anyone who actually won any of those kind of deals. That's just wonderful.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Very exciting- on both the 5K and the TV. Next step re: the now free tv... talk Grumpy out of using the $ for a lawnmower!;)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I care nothing about sports but here it is 6:24 am and the Celtic game is the first thing I check on the internet.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

First off, Allyson, hurray for the Celts win and the free tv!!! :yay:

Second, your plans look great!!! You are going to have soooo much fun!!!

We actually ended up eating lunch one day at Marrakesh -- I was underwhelmed although the atmosphere and restaurant were very neat. The food at the Tangierine Cafe looked way yummier. So, I would now cast my vote for you snacking around the world. :goodvibes

OK, now I can say CONGRATULATIONS! party: I hope Grumpy enjoys his new lawnmower! ;)

Also, congrats on the 5K. That is awesome! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter