• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The infamous Queen Elsa Dress: still driving parents MAD!!!!!

Did the Frozen section look like this?

Oaken'sWinterDepartment.png

:rotfl2:

I was able to buy one back in January when they restocked. I was just browsing the Disney Store site one night (for an Aurora nightgown actually) and made the split second decision to buy "the dress". :laughing: My oldest DD asked for the dress once after seeing the movie but she isn't one to be pushy about asking for stuff. I decided I would surprise her with the Elsa dress while my DH was away for military training after she had been such a big helper while her dad was gone. The look on her face when she opened the box was priceless and I think I cried a little :blush: when she turned to me and said "But mommy, I thought it was sold out?"

That said, I don't think I would ever pay $1000 for a dress or curse out Disney over Frozen merchandise like I see so many people do on facebook. :sad2:

I just updated the OP with a story from the New York Post. These cute little girls flew all the way from Scotland to New York to find Frozen items and they came up empty handed.

frozencover.jpg

Megan (left) and Lauren McDougal came all the way from Scotland hoping to buy a coveted Elsa dress and Elsa doll at the Disney Store in Times Square — but the picked-over options were not to their liking.
Photo: Anne Wermiel

How can parents say no to these cute adorable faces? I wonder if some parents even try to say no. I believe for some it is a personal conquest. If the parents just say no upfront......the kid will be disappointed sure but fine eventually. Remove that expectation.....in cases like this it's probably best to surprise the kid once you finally get something. A good solution to this madness is to allow people to preorder the dresses and dolls....Disney.

I must be a cold-hearted parent, but I can easily say no to those cute girls, with their little fake frowny faces put on for the camera. :p (Visualize me standing there with arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, saying, "Nope, ain't gonna work.")

First off, their own parents must have had other reasons to fly them all the way from Scotland besides buying an Elsa dress.

If they didn't, then their parents need a kick in the butt. Especially as the price of airfare would have easily covered several overpriced EBay dresses, and a ton of beautiful hand-made Etsy ones.

Secondly, girls this age are more than old enough to realize that just because a store sells a particular popular item, that doesn't mean they're in stock all the time. So, if you're going to travel any distance to get to the store, you call ahead and try to have them put one aside for you, and if they won't, then you realize you're taking your chances like everyone else.

And if you're crossing oceans to get there... See point one. :rotfl:

Our JCPenney has a standing Disney store in it. My mom was able to find both Anna and Elsa for my DD a few weeks ago. They are gone now, but that was an an venue I hadn't ever considered before.

I got my DD the Elsa gown at the BBB on the Fantasy. She wore it to Epcot a few weeks ago and we were stopped constantly by parents asking where we got it. A few offered money but not $1,000!

I must be a cold-hearted parent, but I can easily say no to those cute girls, with their little fake frowny faces put on for the camera. :p (Visualize me standing there with arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, saying, "Nope, ain't gonna work.")

First off, their own parents must have had other reasons to fly them all the way from Scotland besides buying an Elsa dress.

If they didn't, then their parents need a kick in the butt. Especially as the price of airfare would have easily covered several overpriced EBay dresses, and a ton of beautiful hand-made Etsy ones.

Secondly, girls this age are more than old enough to realize that just because a store sells a particular popular item, that doesn't mean they're in stock all the time. So, if you're going to travel any distance to get to the store, you call ahead and try to have them put one aside for you, and if they won't, then you realize you're taking your chances like everyone else.

And if you're crossing oceans to get there... See point one. :rotfl:
Ha ha!!!!! They don't look fake.......they seem genuinely sad. :sad1: I just read that all the Disney stores had an auction for the dress today......that was a good idea. Would you at least do the auction, Mag????? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter