• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 'I'm attending MVMCP' thread

Posted the following on another thread, but I thought I'd post it here too for your ease of reference. Happy planning!

Attended MVMCP for the first time on Mon 11/12 and had a great night! Here's how we spent our time:

Arrived @ 5pm and was in line for a pic with the 7 dwarfs by 5:30pm. DH waited in line with a sleeping DD5 while DS3 and I rode Magic Carpets, watched the 6:15 castle lighting and grabbed a couple to-go meals from Pecos Bill's. Had our Christmas card photo done by 7:15 and were on our way...

After our photo, we spent the next couple of hours walking onto rides while most everyone else waited for/watched the 1st parade. Rode Buzz Lightyear 5 times in a row with no waiting. So nice to be able to say "YES!" to DS's pleas of "Again! Again!" :thumbsup2

Watched Celebrate the Magic's debut and the fireworks from in front of the Castle... REALLY magical. pixiedust:

Next headed to CHH for cocoa/cookies/apple slices and carried them over to the Frontierland/Liberty Square area to grab seats on the curb for the 10:30 parade. (Line really wasn't that long. Took less than 5 minutes for DH to get through it.) Front row seats by the rope and I'm surprised my kids' arms didn't fall off as much as they were waving at all the characters. :wave2: Loved the "scented" floats, especially Goofy's candy float. My favorite part? I thought the toy soldiers rocked it!

After the parade, we walked back to CHH for more cocoa and a couple sugar cookies. Walked right up to the counter with no wait. (No apple slices or choc chip cookies left though.)

Spent the last hour in FantasyLand. Did ETWB next. Only waited about 10 minutes. DS3 was chosen as Beast because he had such a good roar. ;) He really liked the red cape he got to wear! Very cool mirror and other effects. So glad we were able to do this. And we got several great photos of DD and DS with Belle. (Bonus: Belle remembered both kids from breakfast at Akershus the day before and mentioned it to them. DD was over the moon at that!)

Wrapped up the night with the Carousel and Small World at DD's request. At midnight, we headed for Main Street to get some last minute pics and play in the snow before heading out. Both kids were out like lights on the ride back to PoP.

Overall, a Very Merry time indeed. :santa:

Awesome party report! Thanks for sharing! I'm torn on how many characters to try to meet vs. going on rides. Of course we want to see the parade and fireworks too! This really helps! Thanks again!:worship:

Wow! It really seems like you guys had a great time! :)

My husband and I are amazed at how well things went... Started out a little rocky when my DS3 was hungry, but as soon as I got him out of Pecos Bill's with his meal around 6:45, he was great the rest of the night. And my DD5 napped for an hour while in line for the 7D so both kids were good to go until after midnight. We loved our experience at MVMCP! :thumbsup2

Awesome party report! Thanks for sharing! I'm torn on how many characters to try to meet vs. going on rides. Of course we want to see the parade and fireworks too! This really helps! Thanks again!:worship:

You're welcome! Characters vs. rides was a tough choice for us too... :confused3 But we knew that the 7D was a "party only" photo and really wanted that for our Christmas card. For 7D, arrive early, be one of the first in line and use up pre-party time for your wait. That's really key! ::yes::

That said, the rides won out after 7D... With very little/no wait times, we just couldn't pass up that opportunity! Most of the other characters we could meet at other times of the year. (We'll be back in the spring.:goodvibes) DD5 was sad that we didn't make it to see Tink/Periwinkle though. She didn't mention it until we were on the way out of the park after midnight... I think she thought we were going to stay all night. :( We made it up to her with a late breakfast @ 1900 PF the next morning. She loved the time with Pooh/Tigger/Alice!:love:

All in all, the 7D, fireworks and the parade were definitely highlights that we're very glad we prioritized. And ETWB was a nice bonus. Best wishes for your upcoming trip! pixiedust:

We were there for opening night...wow was it CROWDED!. The last MNSSHP was completely empty and we were expecting that again. Were we wrong.

We still had a great time, but we didn't wait for any character shots as the lines were 45 min+ waits which is not how I want to spend my time. It was also difficult tracking down where the cookies were being handed out, even cm's kept sending us to wrong locations. As the evening wore on that got better though.

Would do it again :cool1:

So how long we're you in line for 7D? You got there at 5:30 and were done by what time? Btw thanks for that report!!!! You got me super excited now!!!!

I finally got my butt in gear and bought our tickets! Me, DH and DD will be attending on December 11th. DD will turn 1 year old that day, and she likes to stay up late, so how better to celebrate than at the Christmas party?!

I can't wait to get her pictures with the characters and see the parade. Does anyone know if any recent character touring plans have been released?

KapBoy77 said:
So how long we're you in line for 7D? You got there at 5:30 and were done by what time? Btw thanks for that report!!!! You got me super excited now!!!!

They won't appear until 7:00p, but if they got in line at 5:30p then they were likely done by 7:20p.

I haven't seen this thread yet so thought I'd get one going. If you're attending MVMCP this year, post what date your going and how many people will be in your group and I will update the original #1 post. If you notice anything incorrect with your information, please let me know and I'll pixiedust: it ASAP.

Names in red will be attending their very first MVMCP!

We are attending on 12/14. There will be 3 of us. It will be the first time for DW & DS (I went once before in 2006)

makingplans4WDW said:
You're welcome! Characters vs. rides was a tough choice for us too... :confused3 But we knew that the 7D was a "party only" photo and really wanted that for our Christmas card. For 7D, arrive early, be one of the first in line and use up pre-party time for your wait. That's really key! ::yes::

That said, the rides won out after 7D... With very little/no wait times, we just couldn't pass up that opportunity! Most of the other characters we could meet at other times of the year. (We'll be back in the spring.:goodvibes) DD5 was sad that we didn't make it to see Tink/Periwinkle though. She didn't mention it until we were on the way out of the park after midnight... I think she thought we were going to stay all night. :( We made it up to her with a late breakfast @ 1900 PF the next morning. She loved the time with Pooh/Tigger/Alice!:love:

All in all, the 7D, fireworks and the parade were definitely highlights that we're very glad we prioritized. And ETWB was a nice bonus. Best wishes for your upcoming trip! pixiedust:

This will be our first day at Disney & MK. With the grand opening of the NF we decided to get a late start and kick things off with the party. My oldest loves Aladdin and I read that Abu & Genie will be doing meet & greets and I know he will want to meet them. I wonder if they'll be as crazy as the 7 dwarves or we can squeeze both in? So much to do, so little time!

And well get to see the fireworks from the CG too on my birthday so I'm pretty stoked about that!

lovingeire said:
This will be our first day at Disney & MK. With the grand opening of the NF we decided to get a late start and kick things off with the party. My oldest loves Aladdin and I read that Abu & Genie will be doing meet & greets and I know he will want to meet them. I wonder if they'll be as crazy as the 7 dwarves or we can squeeze both in? So much to do, so little time!

And well get to see the fireworks from the CG too on my birthday so I'm pretty stoked about that!

The line for them is not as bad. However, these two characters may not meet together. I believe it is usually Genie with Jasmine, and Abu with Aladdin. The two characters meeting may change to the other pair while you are in line.

mesaboy2 said:
The line for them is not as bad. However, these two characters may not meet together. I believe it is usually Genie with Jasmine, and Abu with Aladdin. The two characters meeting may change to the other pair while you are in line.

Thanks and sorry I posted in both threads! So if we want to do one of the others I mentioned we're looking at 3 M&G lines then. Hmmmm....

lovingeire said:
Thanks and sorry I posted in both threads! So if we want to do one of the others I mentioned we're looking at 3 M&G lines then. Hmmmm....

You can do all four of these characters by going through the same line twice, if you time it right. No reason you can't do lots of other things too. We've done this line 3 or 4 times over the years, and the wait is usually 20-30 minutes or so each time.

Thanks for your feedback on both threads! I didn't mean to double dip, just thought you had good feedback and wanted to get it! I love the characters and my oldest really has in the past. I have no clue how the youngest will be. If we try to do all four of the ones I mentioned (and praying he doesn't insist on trying to meet Jack Sparrow too) I'm guessing it would be good line up first for SD or Scrooge and then go from there to see if we can fit the other ones in around the parade, which is a must see for us as the little one will like it, and a few rides.

You're very welcome! So glad you're excited about your upcoming visit... We would do MVMCP again for sure. We were there a bit over 90 minutes for 7D. I left my DH waiting in line with sleeping DD5 between 5:30 and 5:45. We were done with our 7D photos and walking away by 7:15.

They won't appear until 7:00p, but if they got in line at 5:30p then they were likely done by 7:20p.

You sure know your stuff! :thumbsup2 It's as if you were there with us. ;)

lovingeire said:
Thanks for your feedback on both threads! I didn't mean to double dip, just thought you had good feedback and wanted to get it! I love the characters and my oldest really has in the past. I have no clue how the youngest will be. If we try to do all four of the ones I mentioned (and praying he doesn't insist on trying to meet Jack Sparrow too) I'm guessing it would be good line up first for SD or Scrooge and then go from there to see if we can fit the other ones in around the parade, which is a must see for us as the little one will like it, and a few rides.

You're welcome, no worries. Have fun, and stay flexible!

makingplans4WDW said:
You're very welcome! So glad you're excited about your upcoming visit... We would do MVMCP again for sure. We were there a bit over 90 minutes for 7D. I left my DH waiting in line with sleeping DD5 between 5:30 and 5:45. We were done with our 7D photos and walking away by 7:15.

This is another great example of why you line up early for these little guys. This poster met them and did it using only 15 minutes of party time. Try it any other time of night and see how that works out for ya. ;)

We are going tonight! SO excited :) Our only must do for characters is princesses with their princes. Any idea when we can line up? I'm assuming they're there without their princes until party time and we did them all this morning so we only want to see them with their princes. Thanks!

We are going tonight! SO excited :) Our only must do for characters is princesses with their princes. Any idea when we can line up? I'm assuming they're there without their princes until party time and we did them all this morning so we only want to see them with their princes. Thanks!

Please let me know how it goes for you. My strategy for our December trip is:

6:15PM- In line for Cinderella/Charming.

7:15PM-In line for Tiana/Naveem

(during first parade)-In line for Rapunzel/Flynn Rider.

Trying to figure out when I can sneak in ETWB. :crazy2:

Really want to see Snow White too. Will try after the second parade (if the line doesn't get closed). Won't stress too much if we miss her since we're doing CRT earlier in the day.

Have fun tonight!!!

LekiaHall said:
Please let me know how it goes for you. My strategy for our December trip is:

6:15PM- In line for Cinderella/Charming.

7:15PM-In line for Tiana/Naveem

(during first parade)-In line for Rapunzel/Flynn Rider.

Trying to figure out when I can sneak in ETWB. :crazy2:

Really want to see Snow White too. Will try after the second parade (if the line doesn't get closed). Won't stress too much if we miss her since we're doing CRT earlier in the day.

Have fun tonight!!!

Snow, Aurora, and Rapunzel--and each one's prince--all meet at the end of the same line. This is the one I recommend getting in line for at 6:15p. Cindy and Charming will meet with the Tremaines along the wall in Fantasyland. That one should be lengthy too, but not as bad as the others methinks.

Snow, Aurora, and Rapunzel--and each one's prince--all meet at the end of the same line. This is the one I recommend getting in line for at 6:15p. Cindy and Charming will meet with the Tremaines along the wall in Fantasyland. That one should be lengthy too, but not as bad as the others methinks.

You just lessened a lot of my anxiety! This is GREAT to hear. Will do this line-up first for sure.

My daughter loves the dynamic between Cindy & her stepsisters, so definitely want that to be something we do. Contemplated 1900 Park Fare, but we're paying OOP and 3 CMs is just too much. :sick: Do you think lining up for Cindy & Co at 8PM (during the first parade) will decrease our wait time? Won't be able to stomach a 2 hour wait.

My best friend and I are taking our annual girl's trip from the 10-16. We are attending the party on the 11th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter