• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The, "I'll pose for pics & sign autographs" B-day tour! WEEERE BAAACK!!!!

Hey Dawn,

I have been out of touch for a while and thought I would check in on you (not stalking either). I am soooooooo sorry to hear about Baylor. I sure hope he is feeling good enough to make your trip next month. But if you have to postpone your trip I hear the last week of Jan is a very good time to go too. ;) ::yes::

Your family is in my prayers as well. :hug: :hug:

Wishing you well.

Glad to hear he is home. Hope that things are going well and getting better. :hug:

Hey Dawn,

I have been out of touch for a while and thought I would check in on you (not stalking either). I am soooooooo sorry to hear about Baylor. I sure hope he is feeling good enough to make your trip next month. But if you have to postpone your trip I hear the last week of Jan is a very good time to go too. ;) ::yes::

Your family is in my prayers as well. :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes...he slept most of the day yesterday and we are playing with the pain meds to balance his pain and the sleep that they cause...He get's his cast off his graft site in 8 days so we will know more then what the site looks like and how his prognosis is going...

I promise I will trip report update...we are going...we may be broke though...if ya se a group of 5 pan handling outside of Epcot...throw in a zebra dome will ya!;)

I'm so glad you're able to still come. :thumbsup2 The change of scenery should do everyone lots of good.

Hi all....I am glad to say that my life will be back to posting regularly as of tom....and all will be updated on my son's life and our vacation itenerary which will be better than ever...

So stay tuned till tom...

BY THE WAY.....Still looking for advice on "What I wish I knew at 18" for Treyner's B-day suprise....

Please send them via pm or post here....:worship: :worship:

What I wish I knew at 18...............

I wish I knew that pimples don't go away, just because you're an adult.

I wish I had known to always check to make sure my skirt isn't tucked into my nylons.......guess he doesn't need that advice.

I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry to grow up and had enjoyed being young a little more.

I wish I had known that just because I was an adult, didn't mean I knew everything, and had listened to my parents a little more.

Sorry, that's all I can think of.

What I wish I knew at 18...............

I wish I knew that pimples don't go away, just because you're an adult.

I wish I had known to always check to make sure my skirt isn't tucked into my nylons.......guess he doesn't need that advice.

I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry to grow up and had enjoyed being young a little more.

I wish I had known that just because I was an adult, didn't mean I knew everything, and had listened to my parents a little more.

Sorry, that's all I can think of.

That is awesome!!! And don't think he may not need the nylon info...he was a heck of a supermodel a few Halloween's ago...he looked better than I ever did in my fancy evening gown...:scared1:

I hope this helps!

What I wish I knew at 18:

Don't look hard for love, let things just move at its own pace.

Being an "Adult" doesn't mean you have to act grown up ALL the time. For example: watch the occasional Saturday morning cartoon or get into a super soaker fight.

Enjoy this ride that is life, don't rush things! You will regret trying to when you get older.

This is from my office:

Explore the world! It doesn't hurt to try new things!

You will experience some tough times, but remember, it is HOW you handle these tough times that help define you as a person and make you stronger.

Love those who love you, and forget those who may treat you poorly, for they aren't worth your time.

I hope this helps!

What I wish I knew at 18:

Don't look hard for love, let things just move at its own pace.

Being an "Adult" doesn't mean you have to act grown up ALL the time. For example: watch the occasional Saturday morning cartoon or get into a super soaker fight.

Enjoy this ride that is life, don't rush things! You will regret trying to when you get older.

This is from my office:

Explore the world! It doesn't hurt to try new things!

You will experience some tough times, but remember, it is HOW you handle these tough times that help define you as a person and make you stronger.

Love those who love you, and forget those who may treat you poorly, for they aren't worth your time.

These are great additions...I hope he will read and re-read them as he goes through life...

There is no perfect college, better life path, best choice. The best place to go, career to have, life to choose, is the one that's right for you.

Choose your friends based on who you want to know at 50.

Take smart chances, not stupid risks. Say yes to travel, new friends, going away from home. You can always say no but might not have the chance to say yes again.

Drinking really isn't that cool.

You CAN go home again, but you have to leave first.

Don't call home and ask for money. Call home and ask how your family is.

Make a friend who has access to a free washer and drier.

Charm the parents of every local student you meet - you never know when you'll need a home away from home.

When you see a professor outside of class, talk to them. Better yet, grab coffee. It's never to early to find a mentor.

Smile at people and say thank you a lot.

Write it all down. One day you'll want to remember.

There is no perfect college, better life path, best choice. The best place to go, career to have, life to choose, is the one that's right for you.

Choose your friends based on who you want to know at 50.

Take smart chances, not stupid risks. Say yes to travel, new friends, going away from home. You can always say no but might not have the chance to say yes again.

Drinking really isn't that cool.

You CAN go home again, but you have to leave first.

Don't call home and ask for money. Call home and ask how your family is.

Make a friend who has access to a free washer and drier.

Charm the parents of every local student you meet - you never know when you'll need a home away from home.

When you see a professor outside of class, talk to them. Better yet, grab coffee. It's never to early to find a mentor.

Smile at people and say thank you a lot.

Write it all down. One day you'll want to remember.

Thank you so much Liz - that was perfect...I hope he can remember even half of it - and he is a great kiss butt...so schmoozing moms and dad's is his specialty - just wait till you meet him in Dec - BTW - Raglan Road is confirmed...:banana:

So here is the long awaited summary I promised...

Thurs the 4th - arrive at 11:30 p.m. - head to Vero Beach FL

Fri the 5th - Stay at Vero another night or stay in CoCo Beach FL with my friend/roomate from college - who was so smart after we graduated she bought a dumpy condo 1 block from the ocean - for less than $70,000...remodeled it and now has over $200,000 in equity in it...:worship:

Sat the 6th - A little bit of the beach...then head to Orlando...check into the POP...then head over to Raglan Road for dinner with about 12 of us from the WISH weight loss thread I started...:banana:

Sun the 7th - Universal Studio's until about 1:30p.m. - check into OKW and head to MVMCP... eat dinner at Casey's or Pinnochio Haus

Mon the 8th - Sea World till close - the head to ICE at the Gaylord Palms - eat dinner at Earl of Sandwich DTD

Tues the 9th - Head to Bush Garden's - come home for supper and eat around 9.m. at Gurgling Suitcase at OKW

Wed the 10th - AK with Boma's for B-fast, Kona at 8:10 p.m. - maybe Pizzafari for lunch...

Thurs the 11th - Dis Hollywood Studios - 3:40 Prime Time - Toy Story Pizza for supper

Fri the 12th - Epcot w/ Le Cellier - lunch at 11:30 - Chefs de France at 5 p.m. for the Candelight Processional - stay at the Poly!!:banana:

Sat the 13th - Poly again - quiet day - lounge etc...maybe rent a Sprite for the kids...
Sun the 14th - Island of Adventure - finish anything at Universal - and stay at the Hyatt at the Airport - then head home...the next morning...

Yes..this still may change a bit - we may decide at the last minute to pay OOP and not eat out so much - but that will be determined by the next few weeks of income..after Baylor's Bur it has defiantley taken a hit...but we are going to DISNEY....and nothin gonna stop us from having fun!!!:lovestruc

I am having a minor challenge though - cannot order cake like I wanted to be eaten at Raglan Road - they will not accept any outside food at their restaurant - contamnation/cleanliness issues the say - so what am I gonna do??? I want a cake - anyone order cakes from the Poly before??? Are they as good as the GF bakery???

Maybe I should get a Tea luncheon scheduled for the gang - so we can get a GF cake...I want to order his yellow cake with white chocolate mousse/real strawberry center with chocolate buttercream frosting...in the shape of a mickey soccer ball please and thank you...:headache:

I also wanted to let you know the guru withthe lights is almost done with our home - he ran out of extension cords...but is planning on decorating our home at OKW with them...:laughing:

No MK time?

Looks like a fun filled schedule!

No MK time?

Looks like a fun filled schedule!

Yup - right now oly scheduled to be at MK at the MVMCP for the night of the 7th...so we will need to be jammin most of the rides we want to hit in that night...plan on being there at 4pm sharp to get in....

Mon the 8th - Sea World till close - the head to ICE at the Gaylord Palms - eat dinner at Earl of Sandwich DTD

You'll love ICE! :thumbsup2

Maybe I should get a Tea luncheon scheduled for the gang - so we can get a GF cake...I want to order his yellow cake with white chocolate mousse/real strawberry center with chocolate buttercream frosting...in the shape of a mickey soccer ball please and thank you...:headache:
Oh my, that sounds good! :lovestruc

I also wanted to let you know the guru withthe lights is almost done with our home - he ran out of extension cords...but is planning on decorating our home at OKW with them...:laughing:
Be sure he knows we'll need the streaming video because I'm sure photos will not do it justice. ;)

No video's here...but I will post pics...promise...and glad that ICE is great...

BTW:Just found out that people I consider to be my best friends...who happen to live in Northern Ireland will be in Florida in June/July...dates to be determined...so we may just have to schedule a part deux sooner than I thought...:cool1:

PTR Potential Titles:

Those are chips not fries ya wanker

Vegetarians from N. Ireland vs. Meat Lovers from US

When Irish Eyes start lusting after American Fries...

The meet to end all meets...N. Ireland and us

See what ya need to know is that we met them in May of 2002 at Typhoon Lagoon...literallyour boys slammed into one another at the wave pool and the rest is history...and that was the beginning of a long and enduring friendship...We speak often..then can go through some time without seeing one another..but always have a connection...ya know?

We kept in touch...they came to Mn for 2 weeks in May of 2003...we went to them in N Ireland in July of 2003...met up in FL in Spring of 2004...and have not seen each other since then...

In fact...lost their number...tuns out they had been trying to reach us as well many times...and then got some e-mails from them just in the last week...and today...reached a pharmacy in their town...who knew where her nail salon was...since I could not find it on any search engine....or their home number...and they ran down the street to it...can you believe that...to get her number for me...and voila...no time has been missed in the 18 months since we spoke last...

they are those people in my life that will always be the best there is...

their number changed...so did ours...and yet if you really want to connect with someone...keep trying...never give up...

This absolutley made my day...maybe even my month...cause good friends are hard to come by...so I challenge all of you to re-connect with someone you miss...you may be suprised what you find...:)

Well...can you believe 2 weeks from today I will be sitting with my family at Vero Beach enjoying the ocean and laughing at all the places we now have sand that we did not in Minnesota?

I am super excited..Just made name tags out of Paint Chip Heads for the windows...I think we may only put them up at OKW but we shall see...

Need to laminate some other ones for luggage tags this weekend as well...

Then pack...and borrow luggage...or maybe get some new pieces...not sure what that will look like yet...

Annnnnd...I would still love some more 18th B-day dealios on "What I wish I kne when I was 18...."

I WILL BE MAKING HIM A BOOK THIS WEEKEND AND I KNOW THERE ARE MORE OF YOU LURKERS...NOT POINTING AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR BUT YOU AND YOU AND YOU COULD HELP A POOR WOMAN OUT YA KNOW...:surfweb:

SOOOO...I WILL GRACIOUSLY THANK YOU ALL AHEAD OF TIME FOR YOUR INPUT ON THE FUTURE OF MY SON'S LIFE...NO PRESSURE.....:lmao: :lmao:

You can all laugh...but last night is when it first dawned on me that I wouldbe needing to spend $15 per piece of luggage for the first piece for our trip...I am flying NWA and did not even pay attention to that...

Any thoughts on what to pack? I am really going to try an dhave the kids bring their big duffles on the plane...and maybe only bring 3 suitcases...plus how many times do I overack and they never wear 1/2 of wat they bing anyway...we will have a washer most of the trip...so that should not be an issue and noone will see them besides ourselves twice...

I told them to dress in layers for the plane..jeans...a t-shirt and a sweatshirt will lessen the load to pack by far...as well as wearing at least 8 pair of undrwear...:lmao:

Just wondering for those who live in Florida in the winter and those who have gone before..temp predictability...and must have's vs. forgets...

I am planning for myself just a jean skirt/skort...a few capris and then a pair of jeans, sweatshirt and a few tops that can go with anything...

The kids may be a wee bit hard to convince...:confused: but they willl have to understand...and I plan on taking them to Europe again soon...and I am not luggaging around a sherpah amount of suitcases accross countries on a train...so we can practice right?

It is not so much the money aspect as it is...a great way to make sure we do not bring more than we need...no different than buying what we do not use or need either...

And...update...

Baylor is doing pretty good - had his cast taken off yesterday and the skin the doc says looks like it is a month old grah - not a 2 week old one...it wasn't pretty but it will heal so much better than without...it does cover his ankle...so they will have to watch him closely for needing other graphs if he grows too fast...

Thanks all for your prayers and thoughts...I appreciate that more than you will ever know...:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter