• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "I would never go to Disney over New Years" trip report **Updated 2/9 EPCOT on New Years Day

Thank you for all the positive comments! It has truly been great to relive the vacation through this trip report! I am going to attempt to finish our first night at the MK.

When I left off we had gotten some free ice water from Pecos and were sitting outside. DS16 was trying to get ahold of DH to see where he was at. Our first FP was scheduled for 6:15 and if he wasn’t back by then, we would just go ahead without him. I wasn’t sure honestly how long it would take DH to golf, then drive back to the resort, catch a bus, and make it back to the MK. We toyed with the idea of him just parking at the MK, but the traffic this time of year is so unpredictable. I knew he would be parking way out, catching a tram, etc. None of this sounded appealing at all. It is our experience, especially this time of year to just let Disney do the driving!

He didn’t answer right away, which led me to believe that he wasn’t even done golfing yet… which was a little depressing. However, he called DS16 back within a couple of minutes and said he was on his way, that he had just caught the bus. we decided to head back towards Main Street so we could greet him.

Much to my surprise, he and DS16 had been sneaky on the phone and in actuality DH was already in the park! We met up with him in front of Crystal Palace! It was great for us all to be reunited and the boys were eager to tell him everything about what he had done that day.

He made much better time than I had expected and he told me that the golf course wasn’t crowded and was actually able to start ahead of his tee time. He was paired with an older couple and they were able to play through pretty fast. I failed to mention in my last post, that I had received a text that our room was ready around 11:45. I had forwarded the message to DH, so upon returning from golf, he carried a few things in and checked out the room. He said it was nice, but very small! He was able to get on a MK bus right away, but his bus took every stop and he said it felt like an eternity to get there!!! He did take a pic of the course for me:

We actually had a bonus fastpass to use this day. You see when I was scheduling our fastpasses, I had originally scheduled the Wishes FP viewing area for 6:30 that night. I ended up getting an email about 2 weeks before our trip saying that they weren’t offering that anymore and to accept an extra FP for the inconvenience. What is funny is that I was going to cancel it anyways, because I wasn’t sure at the time if DH would have been back in time for it. Win Win situation for us! I had 7DMT booked originally, but I decided to drop it and use our bonus one for that attraction and getting BTMRR in place of it.

So what are we waiting for?? We FINALLY had some fast passes to use! We decided to go ahead and head towards Fantasy Land and use our bonus FP first.

This was definitely the craziest crowds we experienced this day. We literally had to snake our way through… It was nuts. We were able to keep up with each other and I didn’t worry too much, because of the ages of our boys, but if I had been there with littles, it would have really caused me anxiety. Again CM’s were directing traffic and telling people to stay to the right, etc. I was amazed by how many people ignored them, or just didn’t hear them. There was a huge bottleneck within the old Fantasy Land, once we got out of the part and nearer to the entrance of Mine Train it was much better!

I was worried about the bonus FP since I wasn’t really sure how it worked. I pulled it up on my phone, just in case anyone questioned it, but there wasn’t an issue at all and we were bale to walk right on. Well after we waited for a lady to finish arguing with a CM. It seemed she wanted to ride, but didn’t have a fP and didn’t want to wait in a 120 minute line….. Can’t say I blame her… but sheesh! She wasn’t pleasant and just kept saying how ridiculous it was. I’m not sure what she expected and it really gets me how people don’t understand that the week after Christmas is busy! I heard that a lot this trip. Again.. if you go with the expectation that it’s going to be crowded and there is going to be things you might miss, you will still have a great time! I didn’t feel like we missed out on much at all and had a very enjoyable time. That said, we have been several times. If this were a trip I had saved my whole life for, I might feel differently. It pays to do your homework though. And in now way does it give anyone the right to be rude, but enough about that!

We had never ridden Mine Train before, as our last trip they were still building it, so we were definitely anxious to ride. We were led right onto a train, no waiting. Ok are you ready for our opinions on it? Don’t hate. We weren’t that impressed. I probably liked it more than anyone in my family. I thought it was zippy and fun and detailed. I enjoyed it. It was just too short, and that was my families complaint. The were like “that was it?” when it was over. In fact DS14 commented that he felt sorry for anyone that waited over 2 hours to ride that! The rest of the trip when we would walk by and see people waiting in a ridiculously long line it was tempting to tell them, “NO! Don’t do it!”

I had a FP booked for us later in the trip and my family had me exchange it for something different. That’s how much they just didn’t like it… We really wanted to! My family would pick BTMRR over Mine Train any day! Here's proof we were on it!

After that it was time to use our scheduled FP for Jungle er Jingle Cruise. Now normally I wouldn’t waste a FP on Jungle Cruise, but I really wanted to see the Christmas overlay and I wasn’t sure that they would still be doing it when were we back on the following Monday. Plus, since we were eating at LTT and I knew crowds were going to be crazy, I purposely scheduled our fast passes close together. They were all in Adventure/ Frontierland with the exception of Mine Train.

We snaked our way back through Old Fantasy land to which we all said we had no desire to set foot back in FL until crowds diminished and made our way towards the Adventureland. At this point DH was starving. He had a hot dog at the clubhouse earlier, but that was it. We were about an hour out from our dinner, so he stopped by a snack cart and used 2 snack credits for a Coke and a Mickey bar. We ended up with one extra quick service credit that we used for Breakfast our departure day, because of course the meal plan didn’t work at the golf course!

We chatted with the Cm’s at the snack cart who were super friendly. I asked if they were ready for the Christmas crowds to go away, and they admitted that yes, they were ready for it to be less crazy!

DH wolfed that down and we headed into the FP line for Jingle Cruise. This was the only time on the whole trip that the FP line was backed up. We had to wait just a little bit, but before too long we were sitting in the very back of the boat. Now I will just say it… this was a big mistake and ended up being a big waste of a FP. We had several things working against us. First, we were put in the very back of the boat. It was super loud back there. Second, I’m not entirely sure that our skipper’s mic was working very well. Couldn’t tell if it was the noise of the boat or that, but we couldn’t hear a thing. Lastly, I didn’t realize that we would be riding right in the middle of Wishes. While it was cool to see the fireworks from the water, it further aided in the fact that we couldn’t hear not even one thing. So….. that poor skipper’s jokes were completely lost on us. I was a little bummed, because this is one that I always enjoy every trip, and it turned out to be a complete bust! We just kind of laughed about it. Nothing to get too worked up about! We got held up there at the end and the skip did a pretty good job of improvising and taking up some time. Though we couldn’t hear, it must have been pretty funny, as those in the front were laughing pretty hard. So… Note to self: Don’t ride Jungle Cruise in the middle of Wishes!

We unloaded and had about 20 minutes until our next fast pass could be used. We headed on up towards BTMRR and got a bench that was available outside the exit. This is such a quiet place to get away from the crowds! There is pretty much nothing but the exit of BTMRR up there. No Dump shop, No bathrooms, etc. So It’s a great place to sit and wait and kind of get away from the masses! We chatted and caught up with Dh a bit and showed him some pics of our day, etc. We got to try out the FP window and when it was exactly 5 minutes before our scheduled FP we got in line and had no problems going through early.

We loaded our trains quickly, with DH and I riding together, DS11 and 14 riding together and I believe DS16 riding alone. Though he was hoping to get seated next to a “hot” girl. SMH!

I love this ride at night and it lasts so much longer than Mine Train. We had a great ride and I love the nighttime views from the park when riding. So pretty! I wish this ride had a camera, as I’m sure the pics would be pretty fun.

After a fun ride, there was about 25 minutes until our ADR at LTT. There really wasn’t anything we could do before then, so we went ahead and headed that way to go ahead and check in and take our chances of possibly getting a table early. I will say that walking through Frontier Land and Adventureland was nothing like walking though Fantasy Land. It was MUCH more manageable!

They had a DJ playing music on he roof in Frontierland getting everyone ready for the countdown to the New Year. Remember that at the MK they offer 2 days of the NYE festivities on the 30th and the 31st. He was playing some good music and it was pretty fun, although definitely loud!

I went to check in at LTT and was told that we could go ahead and check in, or we had a 15 minute grace period after our initial 8:05 reservation, in case we wanted to go do something first. I thought that was sort of funny…. As literally nothing closely had a wait time under an hour. I was worried that maybe she was trying to tell me in a nice way that they were behind schedule and it would be awhile until we were going to eat… I told her I would just go ahead and check in and we didn’t mind waiting, that I knew we were early.

People were lining up alongside the curb getting ready for the MSEP to come by. My family waited outside, while I stalked for some benches inside. Families were getting called back constantly, so I didn’t think it would take too terrible long before it was our turn. My family ended up joining me when a bench in the waiting area became available.

I felt sorry for the literally tons of people coming in and asking how long the wait was only to be turned away…. Do people really think they can walk in somewhere on December 30th without an ADR? So surprising to me… and again… I was glad we had prior experience and I had done my homework. It must be very discouraging for these people.

At exactly 8:05, the original time of our reservation, they called “Hear Ye Hear Ye… The ******** Family from Tennessee….”

and we literally walked about 10 steps and were seated at a nice round table right next to the window! We got to see the MSEP as it went by! So cool! Well.. I was the only one who thought this was cool. Like I said… my boys are over parades at this point. Kinda sad…. but then again, one less thing to worry about!

If you haven’t eaten here, the food is served family style and is all you care to enjoy. We have eaten here almost every trip and started going 10 years ago back when it was a character meal. I like it just fine without the characters. They never had enough room and it was cramped and crowded in there with them.

It’s your typical Thanksgiving fare that they serve here. You’ll figure out as you read on, that we aren’t the adventurous eaters. We are your basic meat and potatoes family, so most of the places we eat don’t have anything too crazy on the menu! Sorry for the lack of food pics... I don't think my family would go for me taking pictures of their food. Lol

We started off with drinks and honestly even though soft drink are included, it had been so hot and everything that I believe all of us got water. Which is crazy for me, because I love love love me some Coke. DS14 got a hot chocolate, which our server had a good chuckle about. LOL. I think he got it because, well, he could! He said it was the best hot chocolate ever! DS16 doesn’t ever drink much soda due to wrestling. He did cheat a little bit this trip, but he usually would get water. Thank goodness he was wrestling UP a weight class this season and could actually eat, or I don’t know what we would have done. It wouldn’t have been much fun trying to maintain weight at Disney, so luckily he could actually eat whatever he wanted. If you have a wrestler, or know a wrestler, you’ll get what I am talking about!

Our server was just ok. I don’t remember his name… but he had a hard time refilling our drinks and he just wasn’t that personable. I tried to make conversation with him, but I don’t think he was interested. I am not going to lie, it’s hard to tip that 18% they recommend when the service is sub par at best… we always did… but it kind of works my nerves.

The salad was first and I think just DH and I ate that. I t was So good. I love their house dressing that they serve with it. I had a few helpings of salad.

They brought out a platter of turkey, beef and pork. I think we all liked the beef and pork the best, as the turkey was a little dry. We got seconds of both the beef and the pork.

Ok so here is my one gripe about this meal…. It also comes with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. Now when you see a table of FOUR men…. would you bring out literally a cereal bowl of mac and cheese? Well that’s what he did. There was literally a cereal bowl of mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. I am not kidding you when I tell you that we each got a teaspoonful of each. We all just sort of laughed about it, but seriously???

He did end up bring out more of each, but gosh…. at those prices… do they really need to be so chintzy?

One thing that was really good, and there was literally just a teaspoon of it on the platter with the meats, was the cranberry sauce! I don’t even like cranberry sauce, but this was so so good! It had a different flavor than normal… I can’t put my finger on what was in it, but it was really really good. Be sure to try it if you eat there!

The dessert was some sort of cake with cranberries and apples in it with ice cream. This was different than the apple cobbler that used to be served. DH and I really enjoyed it. The boys just mainly ate the vanilla ice cream.

The original plan was to stay tonight until the midnight fireworks. It was now just before 9 pm and the exhaustion was really starting to set in…

We still had one more FP to use for Splash, but after talking about it, we decided that we were just too tired and after eating we would go ahead and head on out.

DH felt bad because he knew how much I wanted to see the fireworks, but assured him that I was ready to go. I think between the awful nights sleep, the heat and the big day we had, it was all starting to catch up with me. Plus, I really didn’t want start the trip off with everyone tired. Recipe for disaster, as we had another big day planned for tomorrow.

I didn’t like leaving without using that last fast pass though, but since we had ridden it earlier no one was just itching to go, and truthfully I just think everyone was done walking!

We settled up with the bill using the DDP and headed back towards main street. The castle was all lit up with its Christmas lights. It is breathtaking. We actually went just after New Years one year when they first started doing that. They have really improved on it though from that first year and it looks amazing.

My husband got out his phone to take a picture and all of the sudden the castle lights went out! We were like huh??? But then guess what? We had walked up just in time to get a prime spot to watch Celebrate the Magic. It was just starting and we had no idea. We couldn’t have times it better if we had tried!

Now I can’t even say enough about this show. I love it SO much! There were some new updates since we had been last, like the Wreck it Ralph Part and the Frozen parts. We also got to see the Holiday update to it at the end. That show always makes me emotional and I can’t think of any better way than to end our first day than by watching it. DS14 turned to us both and said, “Wow… I got kind of teary when Walt said it all started with a mouse!” That show is just pure magic!!!!

We turned to walk the rest of the way on Main Street and I wanted to stop for a photopass, but the lines were so long. I knew we would be back for another opportunity, so we walked on, but we had one more surprise in store for us…. We look up and its “snowing!” Now this is something I did not expect. I knew they did this during the Christmas party, but I just didn’t expect it. So here we are in shorts and t shirts walking down main street in 70 degree weather, and it’s “snowing!” My heart was very full.

This was when DH turned to me and said…. “I really think we should come back tomorrow to For NYE.”

I asked him if he had lost his mind?!?!?!?

I asked him if he had any idea how crowded it would be tomorrow and that everything I had read said to stay away from the MK on NYE!

He said he knew… but that it was a once in a lifetime experience and that we should just do it!

I really started to think that the sun had gotten to him while golfing today. My DH who hates crowds….. was suggesting me come back to the MK for New Years EVE???

What was he thinking????

What are our plans for tomorrow? DO we Ring in the NEW YEAR at the MK?

Snack cart- $ 7.50

Liberty Tree Tavern: $204.11

Savings on the Dining plan
+$10.04

LOVE the trip report!! We are also a family of five but ours are still young at 10,9, and 6. We are now spoiled by the family suites at Art of Animation but I do love CBR also!! So glad you are off to a great trip and can't wait to read more!

I wouldn't mind staying at AoA... but Dh wants a resort with a hot tub! Thanks for reading along!

I am loving your trip report! It has been over 20 years since I stayed at CBR, and we decided to stay there for our next trip since hubby and the kids have never stayed there before. I was a little on the fence about it, but your trip report has me excited about staying there again. I can't wait to read more about your trip!

We loved CBR! Thanks for reading and commenting!

I'm following along too. Considering a Christmas trip next year but love the idea of gong for New Years instead. I'm curious if you did anything not Disney.

Nope... We toyed with the idea of going to Universal, but couldn't rationalize the extra $$. Maybe next time! Thanks for reading!

Enjoying your trip report! Love your relationship with your boys - I have 4 boys and 1 girl (all grown up now) and we are really close and love Disney. Way overdue for a trip to WDW tho! Last trip was in 2010 when my youngest 3 sons and I went the week after Thanksgiving. Anxious to hear if your husband makes it in for your Fastpass!

Yes! You need to go! I sure hope we all stay close and have many many WDW trips together.... even when they are older. Thanks for reading!

Our first trip, we stayed at CBR, right after New Year's, and did the dining plan. Now, I have a ds 14 and dd 11. I feel like I have to follow along!

We also loved CBR, and it seems like you don't hear about it much here. But we did wait a lot for buses.

I wonder if we just hit the busses lucky. We didn't have any issues. Thanks for reading!

Really enjoying your report!! I've also never really seen any reports for this time of year.

How long did it take you to drive from Tennessee? I have applied for a few jobs in Memphis and I'm thinking it would get me somewhat closer to Disney (I'm in Austin, TX right now).

I always like CBR. I really like the look of it.

That is awesome that all the wait times were lower than they said! I wouldn't have thought that.

Isn't that castle just the best with the Christmas lights on??! So did you end up going back to MK for New Year's eve? I'm excited to keep reading!

Contemplating a trip after Xmas thru New year in 2016......
Thanks for the report, very interested.

I'm enjoying your trip report. It's nice to see a family with teenage boys still enjoys Disney. My oldest will be 13 in a few months and it gives me hope. I'm impressed with all you accomplished on a busy day.

Really enjoying your report! Between our oldest son's sport and school schedule, we can only really travel during the busy times too. This year we are thinking of doing 12/27 to 1/1 so anxiously awaiting the rest of your report!

So when I left off we were walking down a “snowy” Main Street and were contemplating coming back the next night against our better judgement. Now bear with me, because our plans for NYE had changed multiple times leading up to this already. I’m going to attempt to lay them all out here for you and then what we FINALLY decided upon this evening. Most of our plans for this week were built upon where we could get dining reservations since we didn’t book this trip until rather late (end of October to be exact)

Our original plans were:

12/31- Epcot (all day)

Dinner at Garden Grill at 4:00 (the only time I could get for NYE)

1/1- Typhoon Lagoon

Dinner @ Whispering Canyon

MK for EMH

Then when we surprised the kids and were driving down we discussed it and decided that we would rather try and outsmart the crowds… So our plan was to bypass any park on NYE and do Typhoon Lagoon during the day and then hit rope drop at Epcot on New Years day thinking that most people would be sleeping in after the NYE festivities. Our revised plan looked like this:

12/31- Typhoon Lagoon

Dinner @ the resort (quick service)

1/1- Rope Drop at Epcot

Dinner @ Garden Grill @ 5:30 (MUCH better time and I was happy to snag it so last minute)

Doesn’t that sound like an awesome idea?!?! I’m sure it was for some smart family that stuck with it!

Now we managed to revise our plans on the fly a third time. Our new plan looked like this:

12/31- Typhoon Lagoon until after lunch

Dinner @ the resort

MK around 6 until closing at 2am <Gasp>

1/1- Epcot- Whenever we can get there

Dinner @ Garden Grill @ 5:30.

On the way down I was really happy that I was able to switch my GG ADR from 12/31 to 1/1 and at a better time. Surprisingly I also was able to cancel my existing fast passes for 12/31 at Epcot and switch them to 1/1 and STILL get Soarin! I honestly don’t even know how I managed that unless someone had just cancelled, because Mission Space of all things was taken. That is a favorite of the boys, so they were just going to wait standby for that one.

Back to this night… We walked to the bus stop and we spotted our bus loading, so needless to say we mustered all the energy we had and ran to catch it! We made it, but did have to stand, but it wasn’t too terribly bad. Our bus luck continued. So far we had not had to wait even a minute for a bus! Would it continue?

Back in Jamaica (we were the first stop, always) we grabbed everything we could from the car and headed upstairs to room 4645. Again, I can’t say enough about this location. It was great for us. We loved it, and I just can’t stress enough how quiet this resort was! It never seemed busy!

I’m sorry, but I didn’t take any room pics. I will say that it was small. It was tight in there for 5 of us, but we were really only in there to sleep, so it was perfectly fine. There was enough room for our luggage, etc. DS11 let fine in the pull down bed, although I’m pretty sure this is the last year we could do that. I am going to look into renting DVD points next time, as gosh, a villa for our family would be so fantastic. I would love the extra space!

One thing I did notice is no Mickey head towel on the bed. How sad. That’s one thing I always loved about staying at a Disney resort! I did have to call housekeeping to get them to bring a couple of blankets for the pull down bed since there weren’t any. I called and honestly they were brought up in 10 minutes.

While DH and the boys brought up the rest of the luggage, I had some fast passes I needed to make since we were now going to be in the MK on NYE.

All of the headliners were gone, but I did manage to get Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Buzz Lightyear starting at 7:15.

I also just looked to see if by some chance I could snag a dinner reservation at the MK by some stretch of the imagination. I couldn’t and it was no surprise. This left me with an extra TS meal so I ended up booking a lunch at Tusker House on our AK day. I toyed with the idea of breakfast, but we aren’t huge breakfast eaters and everyone decided they would rather have a lunch.

After securing the fast passes I checked the weather. Tomorrow was going to be sunny and hot with a high of 87. It was going to be a perfect water park day. The weather was going to turn cooler after New Years, so I was glad that we decided to go early in the trip.

After all of that the boys were texting and instagramming and who knows what else, DH jumped in the shower and I unpacked. I was definitely liking our idea of going ahead and coming back to the room and getting settled rather than stay for the fireworks this night. It felt good getting everything in order. I don’t live out of suitcases, so I like to put things in drawers, hang things up, etc.

After all of that was done we turned in for the night hoping for a MUCH better sleep than the night before! The Star Wars fireworks went off at 11 and we could hear them loud and clear from our room every night. They sure sounded amazing and we couldn’t wait to see them later in the trip. DS ran outside and said he saw glimpses of them. Pretty cool. I was too tired to go see. I swear I shut my eyes and I was out.

Those beds were super comfortable. We all slept good and woke up without an alarm. TL opened at 10 so we were able to sleep in a bit.

We got our beach bag together and headed off for the bus. It was already hot and humid which was great for a waterpark day!

We headed toward the bus stop and I saw Disney Springs so I didn’t rush… then I saw it change to Typhoon Lagoon! So… You guessed it! We ran for it again! We walked into an almost empty bus. After one more stop, the driver said that if no one needed to stop at Old Port Royale we were just going to head on over to TL. Woo Hoo! We were the only family going to TL. Everyone else on the bus was going to Disney Springs.

We were there by 9:35. DS16 had a little bit of trouble with his MB. It turned blue the first time, but after he did it again it turned green and all was well. We were able to walk a little further into the park and then were held there until 10. There weren’t that many people there. It looked as though it were going to be a pretty quiet day at the waterpark. I’m guessing most people were at the other three parks. I also heard that AK was quiet too since there wasn’t any nighttime entertainment there.

Oh I was also stopped on the way in to give my email address for a survey. I got the email, but I haven’t answered it yet… I guess I should do that!

Now I am just going to say that I hate waterparks. I really do. It’s not enjoyable to me at all. I don’t like getting water up my nose… I don’t like water in my eyes… I don't enjoy walking in a swimsuit… I don’t like water slides…. I don’t get the enjoyment at all. However… My family LOVES them. It’s their favorite, so we always haven to visit at least one or twice a trip. Blizzard beach was being refurbished and we had planned on visiting that one at the end of our trip when it re opened and TL went down for refurb, but it was too cold. I’m sure you can sense my disappointment.

My idea of a good time at a Waterpark is sitting under a cabana with a cold Coke and catching some rays.

So…. We managed to snag a great spot near the wave pool under a cabana with a couple of beach chairs. I set up shop and got ready to relax.

Unfortunately my boys and husband had other plans for me. Not wanting to be a stick in the mud, I was peer pressured into riding some slides with them. You wanna know the first one they got me on? I didn’t read the sign, or there is no way I would have gone on it!!!!!! Humunga Kowabunga. Here is what Disney says about it: Brace yourself for the slide of your life as you hurtle 214 feet downhill at a 60-degree angle. Holy guacamole!

Three side-by-side enclosed body slides provide high-octane thrills, chills and spills for big kids, teens and adults. You won’t know what’s coming next as you zoom downhill in the dark, drop 5 stories in seconds then spray your way to a surprise ending. Scream “kowabunga!”—if you can!

So it’s going to get a bit graphic hear folks…. but I had water shoved so far up so many orifices it’s not even funny! In fact I had to make a run for the nearest bathroom! My family of course was dying and their comments? They looked at me in disbelief and asked, “you didn’t clinch?” Apparently you are supposed to clinch your buttocks so you don’t get an unwanted enema. HOW IS THAT EVEN ENJOYABLE????

There was no wait for this, so all of them rode multiple times. Once was enough for me!!!!

After that they managed to get me on the Storm Slides, MayDay falls, and Gangplank Falls which is a family raft ride and actually pretty fun.

After that I had had enough fun for awhile and I retreated back to my safe place while my family braved the wave pool.

I relaxed while they got knocked down by waves. Apparently there was a professional body surfer that was there today and my family was just in pure amazement over this guy which was funny to hear them talk about.

They love love love the wave pool and it is pretty cool, but I have absolutely no desire to get knocked down and/or scraped up.

Now I will say this about Typhoon Lagoon coming from a non water park lover. As far as water parks go, this is a great one. The theming is wonderful, the atmosphere and music is great and relaxing, and the lifeguards and staff are impressive. They are flat out fantastic. In fact the lifeguards all around Disney parks in my opinion are phenomenal.

DH came out of the wave pool to join me to relax in the sun. I knew the boys would come out when they got hungry and sure enough they did, so we headed to Typhoon Tilly’s to get some lunch.

Next up: The rest of our day at TL. How do we get back to CBR? Our dinner at the resort, and MK reached a phase closure by noon. DO we still decide against our better judgement to go on with our plans??

Sorry There aren't a lot of pictures on this day... I ended up leaving my phone at the resort not wanting to get it wet. There weren't any Photo pass photographers that I saw. DH took some video, but I need to get them off his phone. I'll try and do that later.

I am loving your report! I am planning a trip right after Christmas through the new year with my fiance. (We are both 26 and want to go before children)
I am a HUGE planner and am starting already. I know NYE will be crazy.. but I agree with your husband... pretty much once in a lifetime experience!
We will not be staying on Resort so traffic is going to be a bummer, but oh well!
Thanks so much for your trip report, it's the first I've seen for this time of year!

I'm really enjoying your TR. we were planning to go during this time last year, but things didn't work out. It looks like the stars might aline and allow us to go this year. We will staying from dec 29 till jan 6. I'm interested to read about your time after New Years!

Looks like so much fun so far, even with the dreaded crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter