• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "I Wasn't Going to Do a Trip Report" Trip Report!~May 2015-Update 5/10/16-New TR link!

Down in New Orleans, Part 2!

So we made it to the Beach Club, where we had an ADR for lunch. But we were super early so we just sat in the lobby for maybe an hour. I absolutely LOVE the Beach Club lobby, just sitting there is probably one of my favorite things to do in Disney. (I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy! :rotfl:) It's just so pretty and that Beach Club smell is my favorite!

Finally, it was time to check in to Beaches and Cream, and I have to say, I was a little nervous. Did I tell you guys what happened when we tried to eat there in December? It was a bad experience and I was afraid we'd never go there again...basically we went in, were seated, the waiter took our drink order, brought them out, took our lunch order, and we never saw him again. I mean, we saw him, but he never came back to our table and we just got ignored. For what seemed like hours. Brandon wanted to leave, but I didn't because I felt stupid. Finally he told me to walk out first and he would deal with it, so I did that. I don't like negative Disney confrontation, I hate complaining, I hate causing a problem haha. So I went out and 5 minutes later he came out and said he spoke to the manager and told him we were leaving because they forgot about us, and the manager was really apologetic and didn't want us to pay for our drinks, but Brandon paid anyway. He never wanted to go back, but I told him it was probably just a one time thing. So he agreed to try it again, but I could tell he was kind of dreading it. And I was afraid I'd have to run out of there like a loser again, haha!

However, this time was completely different! We were seated, and our server was awesome! She was so nice and attentive and kept mentioning our anniversary buttons, and our food came out pretty quickly. I got my Beaches and Cream usual, a cherry coke and grilled cheese and tomato soup.

IMG_8917.jpg

Brandon had a burger,

IMG_8918.jpg

but who cares, look at how awesome everything I got was! It was SOOOOO good! Like, it seriously might be my favorite thing for lunch in Disney, it's that good.

We decided to finally try a sundae too, so we went with the No Way Jose, which I've heard awesome things about. However, I was nervous, because I noticed whenever someone was celebrating something and got a dessert, they shut the lights off and announced it when they brought out the dessert. Sure enough, they did it to us, but luckily, there was another couple there who had an anniversary too, so we shared the spotlight with them! We even got a balloon!

IMG_8920.jpg

YUMMMMM, OMG, this thing was SO good, we totally devoured it. There's nothing better than a chocolate and peanut butter sundae. In fact, now that I'm doing this update, I need to see if I can find a place to squeeze in Beaches and Cream in a few weeks, haha! I'm SO happy our bad experience was just a one time thing, I knew it was when it was happening, but Brandon was convinced it would happen again. I mean, I guess sometimes restaurants just loose track of things, it can't be helped. I don't hold it against them, and I will definitely be going there again!

Fully stuffed, we left Beaches and Cream and just hung out at the Beach Club for a little while. Like I said before, I love this resort, I think it's so pretty and perfect, and the Epcot area is just beautiful.

IMG_8921.jpg

Ahhh, look, my dream resort, where I'm staying in a month!!! :cloud9:

On the way back inside, Brandon saw some huge black snake. I'm not sure if he did tell someone, or if he was going to, but immediately a CM came out and was trying to catch it. Brandon wanted to help, haha, but he settled for talking to the CM. The poor guy had no idea what he was doing, and he looked like if he actually caught it, he would get bit. He even told us "I'm no Crocodile Hunter". But he knew what kind of snake it was, and that it wasn't poisonous, but he did say it was aggressive and would bite if it had to. I felt bad bothering the poor guy, so we finally left him alone to catch his snake. I wonder if he ever did, because he really didn't seem to know how.

We went back to Port Orleans to rest for a little while.

IMG_8926.jpg

It was hot and we were tired and needed that midday nap. Sometimes I wish I could just power through and not take a break but when you're getting up so early, and it's hot, and you're staying out late and doing 5x the walking you normally do, it's impossible. :confused3

We had an ADR at Raglan Road at 8:00, and one of the reasons I made it for that night was so we could take the boat over to Downtown Disney and avoid the parking situation. I had no idea how long the wait for the boat would be, so at 7 I suggested we leave the room. We went down to the boat dock and the line was HUGE. I think we waited for at least 45 minutes, watched maybe 4 boats come and go and when we finally got to DTD, we had to run over to Raglan Road, because we were about 15 minutes late.

(The boat ride itself was awesome, though, our captain was a guy who talked about how great his job was, driving a boat for Disney all day and how much he loved coming to work. I was so jealous of his life, lol. He said he had some stressful government job his whole life and when he retired, he wanted to come to Disney and drive a boat, and that's what he did. Serious life goals right there.)

Since we were late to our ADR, we had to wait a while to be seated, they were jam packed that night. When we were seated, we were brought around to the back of the bar to this cute little area I didn't even know existed, it was so cozy. I thought the only area to sit was right in front of the stage. We were way off to the side, and it was really nice.

Brandon and I both got beers, he got this

IMG_8927.jpg

and I got this, which I can't remember what it was, but it was good! It looks super dark, but it wasn't, it's just the lighting, I hate really dark beer!

IMG_8928.jpg

For dinner, Brandon got the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder, which he loved.

IMG_8929.jpg

And I got the Sod the Stew again, which is what I had last time we were there, because it's amazing.

f67e6e09-b2a9-4ea2-aff7-20b0ac5f6b29.jpg

We seriously though about getting the bread pudding for dessert, but decided against it, because we knew we weren't finished eating for the night and didn't feel like being stuffed. Sad though, because that bread pudding is almost as good as 'Ohana.

When we left, we went over to Splitsville, something we've never done before! Brandon kept bothering me to go there in September, and we never had time, so I made sure we had time on this trip, even though I don't really love bowling. It's ok, I'm just horrible at it! I wasn't sure if we would have to wait for a lane or anything, but it wasn't that busy. We got in right away and went to a lane upstairs, and they put us right next to these 2 couples from England, who had no idea how to bowl, they were even using the bumpers on the side. They were funny, they didn't care how awful they were, they were just having fun!

IMG_8932.jpg

Brandon of course, had to order sushi, even though we just ate, he can't pass up sushi if it's anywhere on a menu. I wasn't hungry so I just got a drink, the Snickertini. Which was vodka, Frangelico, Kahlua, and cream. My kind of drink, lol, basically a dessert.

IMG_8931.jpg

I think you bowl by the hour there, so I think we bowled maybe 2 and a half games before we had to leave. Like I said, I'm awful, so I have no idea what my score even was. Probably like 70. I'm that bad.

Unfortunately, it was after 11:30 when we left, which is when the boats stopped running, so we had to find the buses to get back to POR. I had no idea where the bus stop was. We looked at a map and it looked like we had to go to the West Side, so we walked all the way over there, and then asked a CM and he said nope, we had to go alllllll the way back to the Marketplace side, right behind the Toy Store, kind of. It was SUCH a long walk, when you're tired and your feet are killing you and it's still a billion degrees out. Finally we made it and got on a bus and just as we got on, it started pouring! So we had good luck with that at least! We probably got back to the room after 1, and we just passed out, we were so tired. It was a fun day, but the heat takes a lot out of you, and the walk from the West Side of DTD to the opposite end...not fun!

Up next...a slight break from the parks!

Last edited:
Wow what a great update! I love how Epcot is your "go to" park and you love going back! It is so very pretty during F&G from your pics!

Your room at POR looks really cute! I love the look of the Mansion buildings from the outside, they are beautiful.

Glad your lunch at B & C turned out much better than your first experience! I would be nervous to go back also. That No Way Jose looks incredible! ::yes::

Raglan Road looks yummy, did you like it there? I love it that you can take a boat from POR to DTD, too bad it quits running kinda early. The bus from DTD can be awful!

We got to POR and checked in, and yay, our CM found a room that was ready for us that early!
:cheer2: We checked in the same day a few hours behind you.

We found our room, at the Acadian House, which is one of the mansion buildings that I've never stayed in. Sadly, we weren't in a Royal Room this time, just a plain ol' standard room, but still, new to us since we haven't stayed in one since they were refurbed.
You know, I think I like Acadian House more than the royal room. It certainly has a better bus stop.

Then I realized something odd about the room...the bathroom was only one room.
huh. That is odd!

there was no way I was meeting a princess like that. :sad::sad2:
Why not:confused3 Look just right for a princess meet to me! :thumbsup2

I wonder if he ever did, because he really didn't seem to know how.
:rotfl:

(The boat ride itself was awesome, though, our captain was a guy who talked about how great his job was, driving a boat for Disney all day and how much he loved coming to work. I was so jealous of his life, lol. He said he had some stressful government job his whole life and when he retired, he wanted to come to Disney and drive a boat, and that's what he did. Serious life goals right there.)
I remember that dude! I think we rode on his boat as well once or twice.

I had no idea where the bus stop was. We looked at a map and it looked like we had to go to the West Side
:sad2: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

then asked a CM and he said nope, we had to go alllllll the way back to the Marketplace side
:headache:::yes:: Not too far from the boat dock actually.

I'm glad you gave Beaches & Cream another shot. Its one of my favourites. I always get the grilled cheese and the no way jose for dessert. So delicious!

leaving your favorite resort on property is never easy to do!

I'm sure it wasn't. Especially when it's Wilderness Lodge...so nice there.

Brandon absolutely hates rope drop, and how everyone runs to one or two attractions? He HATES it.

I have to say I hate that too...I know it's a necessary evil...but it kinda makes me mad at Epcot and DHS the dang tier system makes it impossible to get in all the rides you want to do without busting your butt at RD...sigh.

we also saw a huge turtle across the water,

That is sooo cool! I love Disney wildlife :)

I had a Fast Pass for Soarin'.

Yay!!

They just make you get 3, so I picked Nemo, even though it's totally not necessary.

Yeah they make you get three...but never the three you would actually want if you could pick three tier one!!!

It's just so pretty and that Beach Club smell is my favorite!

Mmmmm beach smell...love it.

We were seated, and our server was awesome!

So glad you had a better experience this time. I know it's tough to go back after a poor experience and I get Brandon's not wanting to give them more business...sigh...but when you really WANT to like something...sometimes a second chance is necessary!! I guess you can't hold it against the whole place because of one bad server!

There's nothing better than a chocolate and peanut butter sundae.

That looks soooo good. I love anything with peanut butter sauce on it.

Sometimes I wish I could just power through and not take a break but when you're getting up so early, and it's hot, and you're staying out late and doing 5x the walking you normally do, it's impossible

I have no idea how people do this honestly. To me it stops being fun when you are so tired...it's just not worth powering through if you are exhausted. In my book, a nap is never a waste of time lol

What a great day! I love your room - so pretty. But it is odd that the sink was not outside the bathroom area. Weird!

Of course you went to epcot. Seriously - where else would you go? Beautiful pictures! What a lovely day. Love the topiaries!

So glad your lunch experience was better. I love that burger and that grilled cheese.

Fun dinner. And bowling????? How fun! And that dessert adult beverage -YUM!!!!!!!1!11

I'm so glad you decided to do a TR! You do the best TR's! Too much to comment on but I'm glad your lunch at Beaches and Cream went well - I love to go there. I think you said you took most of your pictures with your phone - you got some great shots! Looking forward to your next update!

glad you enjoyed the star wars meal - other than not really being hungry. I had read some not so nice reviews - for the character experience as much as the food. Basically all the characters were like what you got with Chip, and given the cost that seemed kinda unacceptable but seems like between Minnie and Donald you had some rather good ones.

Oh gosh, I am sad to hear about the bad margaritas from la Cava - I have never had anything less than stellar from there so maybe they did pre-make big batches for Cinco de Mayo? definitely hope it was a one time thing, though still fell bad for you

Nice evening/sunset pictures! EPCOT really is very photogenic!

That strawberry shortcake looks awesome!

It is! It's my favorite thing for breakfast at Epcot! :cool1:

Wow what a great update! I love how Epcot is your "go to" park and you love going back! It is so very pretty during F&G from your pics!

Your room at POR looks really cute! I love the look of the Mansion buildings from the outside, they are beautiful.

Glad your lunch at B & C turned out much better than your first experience! I would be nervous to go back also. That No Way Jose looks incredible! ::yes::

Raglan Road looks yummy, did you like it there? I love it that you can take a boat from POR to DTD, too bad it quits running kinda early. The bus from DTD can be awful!

I do love Epcot, I feel bad if people read my TR's and they're like "ugh, Epcot AGAIN?" :rotfl: but I can't help it, I live there when I'm in Disney!

It was cute, I just really didn't like the bathroom!

The No Way Jose was SOOOO good! I would go there again just for that ice cream!

I love Raglan Road, this was our 2nd time eating there and it's awesome! DTD is just such a pain to get to though, I thought the boats would make it so much easier but the wait time to just get on a boat was crazy! It was still better than driving, though! :banana:

:cheer2: We checked in the same day a few hours behind you.

You know, I think I like Acadian House more than the royal room. It certainly has a better bus stop.

huh. That is odd!

Why not:confused3 Look just right for a princess meet to me! :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

I remember that dude! I think we rode on his boat as well once or twice.

:sad2: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:headache:::yes:: Not too far from the boat dock actually.

Oh wow, that's funny!

Really? I love the Royal Rooms, but I'll take anywhere at POR. I might even consider trying an Alligator Bayou room next time!

Wasn't he great? I love people that love working for Disney, I follow so many CM's on Twitter and all they do is complain, it's nice to hear from people who really love their jobs!

Haha, yeah that was a stupid mistake, going to those bus stops, but we NEVER use the buses! Especially at DTD, so we were not thrilled to find out we had to walk all the way back to where we came from! :faint:

I'm glad you gave Beaches & Cream another shot. Its one of my favourites. I always get the grilled cheese and the no way jose for dessert. So delicious!

It's one of my favorites too, which is why I'm glad they redeemed themselves on this trip, haha! Everything there is so good! :thumbsup2

I'm sure it wasn't. Especially when it's Wilderness Lodge...so nice there.

I have to say I hate that too...I know it's a necessary evil...but it kinda makes me mad at Epcot and DHS the dang tier system makes it impossible to get in all the rides you want to do without busting your butt at RD...sigh.

That is sooo cool! I love Disney wildlife :)

Yay!!

Yeah they make you get three...but never the three you would actually want if you could pick three tier one!!!

Mmmmm beach smell...love it.

So glad you had a better experience this time. I know it's tough to go back after a poor experience and I get Brandon's not wanting to give them more business...sigh...but when you really WANT to like something...sometimes a second chance is necessary!! I guess you can't hold it against the whole place because of one bad server!

That looks soooo good. I love anything with peanut butter sauce on it.

I have no idea how people do this honestly. To me it stops being fun when you are so tired...it's just not worth powering through if you are exhausted. In my book, a nap is never a waste of time lol

Haha, well, I mean, I don't exactly love rope drop and running into the parks, but I accept that you have to do it sometimes. Brandon just fights it every single time. :rotfl2:

Me too, Disney bunnies and ducks are the cutest!

Seriously. I really hate the stupid tier system. I mean I guess that's the only thing that makes it fair, since everyone would obviously grab TT and Soarin', but still, it annoys me!

I don't even think it was the servers fault at Beaches and Cream, Brandon thinks he knew the cooks forgot to make our order so the server kind of just ignored us. It's not a big deal, I know these things happen, I'm actually surprised they don't happen more at Disney, with the amount of people they serve each day! I'm just glad I can continue going there! :rotfl:

I agree, I wish I had the energy to be in the parks all day, but I don't. The heat just kills me, even in CT, I went for a walk the other night at the beach and the sun was out and we had to cut it short because I felt like I was getting heat stroke. I just don't handle heat well, so midday naps are essential for me to recharge! And Brandon can nap whenever, he doesn't need an excuse! :rotfl2:

What a great day! I love your room - so pretty. But it is odd that the sink was not outside the bathroom area. Weird!

Of course you went to epcot. Seriously - where else would you go? Beautiful pictures! What a lovely day. Love the topiaries!

So glad your lunch experience was better. I love that burger and that grilled cheese.

Fun dinner. And bowling????? How fun! And that dessert adult beverage -YUM!!!!!!!1!11

It was pretty! Yeah the bathroom was strange, but we made it work, I just ended up drying my hair on a bed instead of in front of a mirror. I just prefer the sinks on the outside, you know?

I know, right? I live in Epcot. :goodvibes Thank you!

That grilled cheese is the best! I'm looking for an ADR for September now, because I want it again! Dipping it in that soup is like, the best thing ever!

Bowling was fun, I mean, as fun as it can be for a loser like me who's awful at it! The drink made it all worth it! :rotfl2:

I'm so glad you decided to do a TR! You do the best TR's! Too much to comment on but I'm glad your lunch at Beaches and Cream went well - I love to go there. I think you said you took most of your pictures with your phone - you got some great shots! Looking forward to your next update!

Thank you! That's so nice! :goodvibes:hug: Beaches and Cream was great, I really need to find time to squeeze it in again on my next trip! I did use my phone for most of the pictures, thank you! I can't believe how nice the iPhone camera is now! :thumbsup2

glad you enjoyed the star wars meal - other than not really being hungry. I had read some not so nice reviews - for the character experience as much as the food. Basically all the characters were like what you got with Chip, and given the cost that seemed kinda unacceptable but seems like between Minnie and Donald you had some rather good ones.

Oh gosh, I am sad to hear about the bad margaritas from la Cava - I have never had anything less than stellar from there so maybe they did pre-make big batches for Cinco de Mayo? definitely hope it was a one time thing, though still fell bad for you

Nice evening/sunset pictures! EPCOT really is very photogenic!

Really? Aww that's too bad, we had pretty great character interactions! The price was pretty crazy though, now that I've done it once I don't really need to do it again!

Everything I've ever had from La Cava has been amazing! That's why I was so disappointed that night with our margaritas! I'm guessing it was a one time thing, they probably were just overwhelmed on Cinco de Mayo, trust me, it's not like that one bad margarita will keep me away from there! :rotfl2:

Thank you! Isn't it? I just love Epcot!

Mmmmm, your update is making me hungry! You and I had the same meal at B&C - the grilled cheese/soup and the No Way Jose. Yum! Glad that it worked out better for you this time.

That drink you had at Splitsville looks great too!

Ooooh I love POR. It's so beautiful. :love: All the rooms there so pretty!

Oh wow, glad to hear your Beaches and Cream experience was better this time. The No Way Jose sundae is something I have wanted to get for so freaking long but I never go to B&C? Lame, it looks SO GOOD. Chocolate and peanut butter is my ultimate food combo, hahaha.

Splitsville sounds pretty fun! I'm glad Brandon finally got to go, haha!

Mmmmm, your update is making me hungry! You and I had the same meal at B&C - the grilled cheese/soup and the No Way Jose. Yum! Glad that it worked out better for you this time.

That drink you had at Splitsville looks great too!

Yum, I love that grilled cheese and soup combo, it's so good! And the ice cream was good! And my drink! We did a lot of eating in this update, haha!

Love your trip report!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Ooooh I love POR. It's so beautiful. :love: All the rooms there so pretty!

Oh wow, glad to hear your Beaches and Cream experience was better this time. The No Way Jose sundae is something I have wanted to get for so freaking long but I never go to B&C? Lame, it looks SO GOOD. Chocolate and peanut butter is my ultimate food combo, hahaha.

Splitsville sounds pretty fun! I'm glad Brandon finally got to go, haha!

Me too, I love it there!

It was so much better, it was perfect actually! That sundae is totally worth going to Beaches and Cream for, I know it's kind of a pain to go out of the way to the Beach Club, but you should sometime! I'm trying to find a time to fit into my upcoming trip, but so far, nothing! :confused3

It was fun, I'm not a huge bowling fan, but Brandon liked it!

'Ohana means Family

liloandstichisadorable_zps3a87dea0.jpg

May 7

Hi guys! So I think I'm going to do this day all in one (or two) updates like I did the last one, because we only went to one park and I don't have many pictures from this day! And I kind of want to see if I can finish this before my birthday trip, so we'll see!

Today we got to sleep in! For me, that was 8:00, which was a luxury compared to those 6 am days we were doing on this trip! I got up, got ready, and then got Brandon up, and we decided to go over to the McDonald's by the All Stars for breakfast. Sometimes it's nice to eat non Disney food, you know? Just kidding, we just wanted something quick and cheap, and that McDonald's is pretty good.

We went to Target after that, I have no idea what for, but we must have needed something, because it was kind of a spur of the moment trip to Target. I love Florida Targets, they're so much bigger than the ones we have here, and they have all that Disney stuff there.

We came back to POR and did our laundry, and while it was washing, I sat on the edge of the pool and put my feet in, and the water was so nice! So we decided to run back to the room to get changed so we could actually swim for once! That's twice in one trip we went in the pool, that never happens!

IMG_8933.jpg

(I don't know when I took this, probably on the way back to the room from doing laundry or something? POR is just so pretty!)

My notes are awful for this day, so I apologize, but at some point, we went over to POFQ to get beignets!

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

YUM! So good! I've wanted to try these for years and we finally did! And even though we stayed in POFQ for a night in September last year, I felt like it was really my first time looking around the food court area, and it was really cute! I really love that resort, I need to spend more time there!

We went back to the room for a little while, and then finally we headed out to get to our ADR. We were eating at 'Ohana that night, and I wanted to go to the Poly early just to walk around and see what was going on, with all the new construction and everything. We got there a little before 4, so I decided to look for Trader Sam's, just to see how the line was. I knew people were lining up for hours to get in, so I wanted to see how crazy it was.

We found it and there were only a few people waiting, which was surprising. Brandon went outside for a minute and made me come out to see something. Now this is where I had a little problem with a snippy CM. If you're not aware, Trader Sam's has an outside seating area, and if you go out there, there is a path to the deck where you can sit. Brandon saw ducks out there so of course, he wanted me to see them, so we went on the path and were looking out into the water. One of the Trader Sam's CM's was out on the deck said "we're closed" and we were like "we're just looking at the ducks". The CM came over to us and basically shooed us away and was like "Trader Sam's is CLOSED right now" with a HUGE attitude. We were like "ok sorry" and we left. But I was mad, we weren't doing anything wrong, we weren't like, trying to sneak in or even look at the stupid place, we were looking at ducks for 5 seconds. Ugh.

Anyway, after that little annoyance, we found out that the line for Trader Sam's was actually outside, not inside, and the line still wasn't that bad, so we got in line. Soon, it was open and we were allowed to go in. We chose to sit at the bar, even though I kind of wanted a table, I thought that might be rude since there were only 2 of us and 4 chairs at the tables. (I think!)

I tried to take some pictures in there, but it's really dark.

IMG_8938.jpg

It's really cool in there, it's like an underwater shipwreck tiki bar. The best way I can describe it, haha! Sometimes the volcano goes off, or sometimes there's a storm. The CM's are really into it, it looks like it would be a fun place to work!

I got a drink, the Castaway Crush, and Brandon just got a beer.

IMG_8942.jpg

It was good, but not great, I kind of wish I got something else. It was just way too sweet for me, I like sweet drinks, but this one was just too much. It was pretty to look at, but not really drink. I think I made myself drink it though, because that place is expensive! I know Disney bars are expensive to begin with, but this was crazy!

All in all, I liked Trader Sam's, we had no problem getting in, but I'd never wait an hour to get in. It's a cool bar, but it's just a bar. I'd probably go back if we had time to kill at the Poly but I won't go out of my way to go there. I'm more interested in the one in Disneyland, since it's the original.

We finished up and went up to the bar near 'Ohana, because why not keep drinking right?

IMG_8951.jpg

(I like those new lights, but I miss the old Poly lobby!)

At the bar, I decided to get a lapu lapu, since I've had one before and I knew I liked it!

IMG_8953.jpg

Yum! See, that's a nice, fruity, tropical drink, where you can taste the tropical-ness...but also the alcohol, haha! I didn't think I could taste any alcohol in the Trader Sam's drink, which some people might like, but I like to know I'm drinking when I'm drinking, you know?

At some point, we checked in for 'Ohana and were just waiting for our cousin to seat us.

IMG_8955.jpg

We were seated pretty much right at our ADR time, and yay, we had a table right in the pathway of the hula/luau singer. :sad2: (I'm sure I've mentioned she annoys me in other TR's right? :rotfl2:) Sometimes we get great tables at 'Ohana, looking out at the castle, other times...not so great, haha! It's ok though, we were only there to eat and leave, it's not like we had to participate!

Immediately our food started coming out, and I'll skip the boring stuff and just show you my favorites:

IMG_8956.jpg

Wings and potstickers, YUM! Love both of those!

IMG_8957.jpg

The noodles! OMG I could eat that whole plate!

IMG_8958.jpg

Yes, we got the meat and dipping sauces and all that, but I'm skipping over all of that and going right to the bread pudding, my favorite dessert in all of Disney!!! :faint: OMG it's so good, I would do anything for some of that right now! I need to find time to get to the Poly on my birthday trip so I can get bread pudding!

'Ohana was awesome, as always! We were stuffed, of course, like we always are when we leave 'Ohana, but we had to ignore that, because we had some Magic Kingdom fun to look forward to!

IMG_8959.jpg

We hopped on the monorail and were there in minutes!

IMG_8961.jpg

Again with the perfect blue sky! I could not get over how beautiful it was on this trip, every day was the perfect day!

We went to Fantasyland first, because we had Peter Pan FP's...see, this is why I like FP+, because I can go on Peter Pan at 7:00 at night and walk right on. That's probably the only good thing about it. FP+ is ruining my life for my birthday trip, haha. (Don't ask, just having some difficulty planning, that's all!)

We then ended up at the Tangled toilets, because we always end up there for some reason!

IMG_8968.jpg

IMG_8970.jpg

We went on the Haunted Mansion next, then back to New Fantasyland to use our Mine Train FP's, and then we watched Philharmagic, which is one of our favorites and I feel like we skip a lot of the time.

I don't think we really had anything to do next, because we had to wait for Wishes, so we just wandered around. I took 7 million pictures of the Castle

IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8976.jpg

The sun was starting to set, so I wanted to go to the bridge next to the Castle and take pictures, so we did that! I seriously took like, 100 of them, but I'll only show you a few because I know Castle pics get boring!

IMG_8979.jpg

Ok never mind, I'll only show you this one, because they all pretty much look exactly like that! I was hoping for one of those crazy Epcot sunsets, but this one was pretty too, just very simple compared to the ones we saw in Epcot!

We went to the Little Mermaid next, I'm not sure why, since we were just over there before, but that's what we did. We are the worst at park touring, haha!

IMG_8985.jpg

IMG_8986.jpg

Finally it was time to go down to the hub area and figure out where to go to watch Wishes. We had an FP for Wishes to watch in one of the new viewing areas, and I had no idea where to go. I knew it was near the hub but I didn't know where to get in or how it worked. So we just walked over to the hub grass, and saw the FP scanners and asked if that was where we got in with FP's and it was! It was surprisingly not that crowded either, I thought they would just cram people in, but they didn't, which was nice!

Soon Wishes began, and I tried to get some good pictures, but it's kind of a lost cause if you don't have a nice camera!

IMG_8988.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

IMG_9007.jpg

IMG_9035.jpg

I know this next one is blurry but I love it

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

So that's Wishes from the new hub grass, FP+ viewing spot! I like it, I have another FP+ reservation there for my next trip, but it's weird because everyone sits down, so I felt like a jerk standing up. So when I stood, I went to the back to not bother people, but there were a few random people standing throughout, not caring if they were blocking anyone. I think it should be one way or the other, no standing or no sitting, because it's really not fair to either group you know? :confused3 I don't know, I don't run Disney haha. Sometimes they have rules for the weirdest things, and other times, there are no rules, you just do whatever you please.

Instead of leaving with the crowd, we went to Tomorrowland where we went on my beloved Peoplemover, and then I got popcorn!

IMG_9048.jpg

YUM, my favorite, Disney popcorn!

We thought about going on Space Mountain, but for some reason we decided not to, I don't remember why, either the line was too long or we were just too lazy haha. I'm guessing we were just done for the night and were ready to begin the long trek back to our room. (Because MK parking is the worst, and I dread leaving there whenever we drive there, haha!)

IMG_9049.jpg

Bye Magic Kingdom, it's been fun!

Up next...Hollywood Studios!

I'm really enjoying your TR!! Loved your pics of the EPCOT sunset - gorgeous! Also, thanks for posting about the FP for Wishes - we have one for the first time on our trip next month and I was wondering how that process works!!

The No Way Jose is the best! And I had never thought about the Beach Club lobby being a good place to sit and relax, but on my last trip I did that and you are right. It's so nice and cool and smells so perfect in there.

Good to know about Trader Sam's. I've heard the drinks are crazy expensive there, but I have also heard that all the little shenanigans that happen make it worth the wait. I'm sure the longer it's open the shorter the wait will be. I wanna say I walked by it a few times in July and there was never a line.

The noodles and bread pudding at O'hana are the best!

Love all the Wishes shots! Makes me wanna put the soundtrack on and pretend I'm in the MK again.

It was surprisingly not that crowded either, I thought they would just cram people in, but they didn't, which was nice!

I would hope that if you use a precious FP+ for that, you wouldn't have to deal with it being really crowded. Sounds like a great day though. I am curious though as to why you say FP+ is kind of a love/hate thing...I think I have the same feeling about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter