The "I Wasn't Going to Do a Trip Report" Trip Report!~May 2015-Update 5/10/16-New TR link!

Holy smokes, California Grill bumped Le Cellier for you?!

Wow, you got a VW for your rental? I never get cars like that. Hahaha. What car class was it in?

Okay, if we should only have three active bands at a time, how about Disney save some money and stop sending bands every time we book trips? Seriously, I don't need a million of them.

It only feels different because you're not on the dining plan, because you've paid for it ahead of time. I haven't done a dining plan in years, I always buy Tables in Wonderland now. :) So I don't remember wait seeing a $0 looks like, lol.

I'm so sorry that you get migraines at Disney on the first day. Have you seen a Dr. about the migraine situation? Do you think it's in relation to the stress you feel traveling the first day?

Oh believe me, sometimes working at a less popular ride is really nice. I've had experience with this in my former theme park career. It's nice not to have to deal with so many people and their stupidity.

That Haunted Mansion Dooney is indeed tempting. I fell for it. Haha!

Awwww, why do you feel so uncomfortable meeting the Princesses? They're so sweet and fun!

I've never actually see the welcome show - we always tend to have pre-park opening ADR's - but one of these trips I need to make that a priority

glad to see you liked the new hub area. I think it looks pretty in pictures but I understand at least part of it has fake grass and just wondering if that takes away from things :confused3

I can definitely understand not being comfortable initially with the characters ... maybe just try to think that what they are there for is to meet people and not to stress too much out of it (I mean, what the worst case scenario? Not performing surgery or anything) and having at least one or two questions or topics to bring up as back up is good to (I do realize this is all easier said than done)

Hi!
Thanks for the update!
What a beautiful blue sky...amazing!!
Love, love the opening show...I missed it last trip... It's just so early for me!! Lol
But, I'm glad you caught it!
Glad everything worked out with the water in your ear...I so know what you go thru.. I get ear infections all the time...and half the time its just from the water that gets in my ear from taking a shower!! So frustrating.... So I totally sympathize.. Glad it wasn't anything...
Can't wait to read more.. :daisy:

Wow...well I'm glad your ear ended up being ok. That would have been bad. I do the same thing though...freak out first....calm down later lol...but I'm glad you were able to. I totally know how you feel about princesses - and any characters that actually talk...don't really know what to say. I sometimes still see them...but it's more of a "how are yoU" and smile for a photo...haven't had any great interactions mostly because I'm awkward. But I would try to not let that stop you - I know it's hard but...they see about a thousand people a day...and I'm sure they have seen people make total fools of themselves more times than you can count and they won't even remember a little shyness!

Yes! Got my popcorn!!

The new hub area is actually really nice!! I was glad!!

I've never been on splash, because I hare being in wet clothes, and I know I'd be the lucky one drenched LoL

I still get a little intimidated by face characters, although now having DS with us, it creates a nice buffer so I don't feel the pressure to drive the conversation. I have to say though, most of the ones we have met over the years are pretty good at what they do and filling in the silence.

I feel like I could have written that paragraph about the water in the ear after Splash! And in fact, I kind of did when the exact same thing happened to me a few years ago! For future reference, if you tilt your head so that the ear full of water is facing the ground, pull down on your earlobe, and jump up and down, you will look like a complete fool, but it works!!! I'm glad yours didn't turn into anything, though. Ear infections are painful!!!

I know every has seen a million pictures of the opening show, so I'll just put up a few, and they're probably out of order, because I was using my phone and I had Brandon use the camera, so I have like 3 pages on photo bucket to sift through!
I love the pics you did choose to share! They're great! :thumbsup2

I just feel so uncomfortable around them and their perfection, I feel like a big gross oaf next to them, and I don't know what to say
I still get a little intimidated by face characters, although now having DS with us, it creates a nice buffer so I don't feel the pressure to drive the conversation. I have to say though, most of the ones we have met over the years are pretty good at what they do and filling in the silence.
OMG! I thought I was the only one who gets super shy with face characters! I can usually power through individual meets in the parks, but Gaston TERRIFIED ME. He's so hilarious though, so I made myself do it, but even when I look at the photos, I can see how intimidated I was, it's all over my face. And I also had a booking at Akershus last year that I ended up cancelling and switching to the Garden Grill, because I just couldn't deal with it. :laughing: Granted, those were solo trips. On my next one I'll have family with me (including an aunt who's very outgoing and I become more so when I'm around her), and I think I'll be more comfortable, so I kept the Akershus booking this time. I really thought I was the only grown woman intimidated by the face characters, though! :hug:

Just reading how packed your days are make me tired but I do love early Disney mornings. (Luckily with a baby, early mornings are pretty much a guarantee!) There's just that feeling of happiness watching rope drop at Magic Kingdom. It's my favorite way to start a trip!

That breakfast croissant looks DELICIS, BTW!

Yay for an MK morning! Those are the best. Had to be pretty nice to be just a boat ride away. The perks of staying at the Wilderness lodge...

I think with meeting the princesses, the more you do it, the less weird it feels. You can be as chatty or as quiet as you want. None of them mind if you just wanna grab a quick photo and move on.

Yikes, glad the water in your ear didn't turn into an infection. That would have been a terrible interruption to your Disney trip.

I'm glad everything worked out with your ear. DH and I have never bothered with meeting characters before because to me it always seemed like a waste of time standing in line and I would be pretty nervous to meet them. But DH said he wants to try and meet some this trip so I guess I'll just have to take the plunge. I'm sure you would be nervous the first time you met with a princess but I bet after that first time you would be completely fine doing it again :)

Yay for the Welcome show!!! I actually never caught it this last trip of mine... :sad2:

You should totally go for some princess meets! Although... this coming from the girl who NEVER does them herself :laughing:

I was So nervous for you with your ear! Because... I had my own ear issue while I was at Disney (the one time I actually swam) and it didn't clear up. I had two doctors appointments when I returned and JUST last week it finally went back to normal. I couldn't hear out of it at all and was nervous my hearing in that ear would never come back. Thankfully, nearly a month later, all better :thumbsup2

Omg, Photobucket. I'm currently trying to upload pictures in an attempt to write a Disneyland TR and (besides the time commitment) that's the main thing that's making me think I don't want to. :lmao: Laaame. Why PB, WHY?

I'm so glad to hear that the hub is really awesome. Like I know everyone keeps saying it's the greatest thing to happen ever, but it's hard to know until you see it in person. All the pictures I've seen look beautiful though. So basically what am I even talking about. :laughing:

Girl trust me, I know how you feel about the princess thing. But I promise it's a lot of fun to meet them and they're normally so sweet!

YAY SPLASH!! But yikes about your ear infection scare. I'm glad nothing came of it!

That fountain is so pretty. I haven't seen it yet, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it in August.

Glad you didn't let your ear freak you out too much. I hate that seat on Splash. I always put a dollar store poncho on just incase! :rotfl:

I really miss seeing this show! Haven't gotten it in since...well, I don't even remember, but it's been too long. :sad1: Looks like you had a great view!

Beautiful! :lovestruc

Me too - I always ask to sit in the back couple rows on Splash. We used to use ponchos on top of that, but have braved it without the last few trips.

So glad it was fine! You had me worried there! :scared: :listen:

I try to catch the opening show at least once every trip, but sometimes it's just not possible!

Thanks!

I feel like a dork wearing a poncho on splash...and anyway, I don't really mind my shirt getting wet, it's when my pants get wet and soak through to my underwear, that's what I hate! And no poncho is going to help with that! :rotfl2:

It was awful, but it worked out! :thumbsup2

I need to catch the Welcome Show in October with Mark...I really enjoy it.

I love that you stopped at Starbucks first...just like us.

You really shouldn't feel uncomfortable with the Princesses. I used to be...I'm taller than most, but they are just "real" like us.

I love the new hub area!

Yay for Big Thunder and Splash. I'm sorry you got drenched and water in your ear. But happy that you eventually forgot about it and it was okay.

You do! It's just such a great way to start a Disney day!

I know, it's hard to skip Starbucks now that they're everywhere! :thumbsup2

I know, I know...I just feel so weird around them, and I'm also really quiet and I don't know what to say to them, so I feel like it would be really awkward. Someday I'll try to meet them, but for now, I just admire them from afar!

Me too!

That's understandable. What you need is an ice breaker to bring with you as a talking point. I recommend starting with 1900 park fare dinner. The step family are great characters to get comfortable with face characters.

The step family??? OMG I'm terrified of them! :rotfl: I mean, they look like so much fun, but I'd be so afraid to say something stupid!

A character meal is a good way to just jump right in and conquer the fear though! :thumbsup2

I LOVE the MK opening show! It's absolutely the best way to start the day. Oh my goodness I wish I was watching it right now.

I'm kind of the opposite of you with the Princess meets....I'm so much more comfortable with face characters than with fur characters. Obviously I look like crap standing next to a princess, but I can kind of manage to carry a conversation. With the fur characters, they always make motions and I can NEVER figure out what they're trying to say. I just stand there and laugh awkwardly until my husband rescues me and helps me out with what they were trying to say. My husband can always tell what they are saying, and other groups of people that I see meeting the characters always seem to understand.....but I'm just hopeless, haha!

I do too!

Haha, see I don't really care about the fur characters and feeling stupid with them because I know they can't respond! But I feel like the princesses could say something sassy and I'd cry or something. I don't know, I just find them really intimidating! Someday I'll be brave and meet them! :rotfl:

Holy smokes, California Grill bumped Le Cellier for you?!

Wow, you got a VW for your rental? I never get cars like that. Hahaha. What car class was it in?

Okay, if we should only have three active bands at a time, how about Disney save some money and stop sending bands every time we book trips? Seriously, I don't need a million of them.

It only feels different because you're not on the dining plan, because you've paid for it ahead of time. I haven't done a dining plan in years, I always buy Tables in Wonderland now. :) So I don't remember wait seeing a $0 looks like, lol.

I'm so sorry that you get migraines at Disney on the first day. Have you seen a Dr. about the migraine situation? Do you think it's in relation to the stress you feel traveling the first day?

Oh believe me, sometimes working at a less popular ride is really nice. I've had experience with this in my former theme park career. It's nice not to have to deal with so many people and their stupidity.

That Haunted Mansion Dooney is indeed tempting. I fell for it. Haha!

Awwww, why do you feel so uncomfortable meeting the Princesses? They're so sweet and fun!

I know, can you believe it! CA Grill is just SO good!

I think it was a midsize? It definitely wasn't a compact, although we did drive through the compact row and there was a VW Bug which I really wanted, but I don't think they let you downgrade!

I know, I had no idea you shouldn't have more than 3 active bands. And yeah, they really don't need to send new bands every time you book a trip, or you know, not make a big deal about having more than 3 active bands.

I know, I just prefer having the dining plan. It was fine the rest of the week but Le Cellier was just SO expensive, it was crazy!

No I haven't seen a doctor, I'm afraid they'll make me get an MRI or something and that scares me, so I just avoid it. I get migraines at home too, so I know it's not just a Disney thing. I've been trying to eat magnesium though, so I hope that helps!

Haha, yeah I can see that! I just think at Disney it would be so much fun to work at the Tower of Terror or Soarin' or something! Although I'm sure it gets aggravating, constantly having to tell people what to do and where to go, and deal with their attitudes!

I didn't know you had a HM Dooney! :cool1:

I don't know, I feel like they're judging me. I feel like they're just so tiny and perfect and I'm just this huge oaf next to them, and I also don't have anything clever to say. Maybe if I think of something to talk about ahead of time it won't be so terrible, I'm just so awkward anyway, and I think a princess would make it worse! :sad1:

I've never actually see the welcome show - we always tend to have pre-park opening ADR's - but one of these trips I need to make that a priority

glad to see you liked the new hub area. I think it looks pretty in pictures but I understand at least part of it has fake grass and just wondering if that takes away from things :confused3

I can definitely understand not being comfortable initially with the characters ... maybe just try to think that what they are there for is to meet people and not to stress too much out of it (I mean, what the worst case scenario? Not performing surgery or anything) and having at least one or two questions or topics to bring up as back up is good to (I do realize this is all easier said than done)

OMG you have to see the welcome show! It's so perfect!!! :woohoo:

Yeah it is fake grass. But it's actually kind of nice, because it's really soft to sit on. It looks real, at least!

Haha, so true! I really should think of something to say, then I would probably feel so much better meeting princesses! I really do want to meet them, because there are so many that I love, but I can never bring myself to do it!

Hi!
Thanks for the update!
What a beautiful blue sky...amazing!!
Love, love the opening show...I missed it last trip... It's just so early for me!! Lol
But, I'm glad you caught it!
Glad everything worked out with the water in your ear...I so know what you go thru.. I get ear infections all the time...and half the time its just from the water that gets in my ear from taking a shower!! So frustrating.... So I totally sympathize.. Glad it wasn't anything...
Can't wait to read more.. :daisy:

I couldn't get over the sky on this trip, every single day it was perfect!

I know, the opening show is early but it's so worth it! :jumping1:

Oh wow, I don't know what I would do if I got ear infections every time I showered! That must be so annoying! :faint:

Wow...well I'm glad your ear ended up being ok. That would have been bad. I do the same thing though...freak out first....calm down later lol...but I'm glad you were able to. I totally know how you feel about princesses - and any characters that actually talk...don't really know what to say. I sometimes still see them...but it's more of a "how are yoU" and smile for a photo...haven't had any great interactions mostly because I'm awkward. But I would try to not let that stop you - I know it's hard but...they see about a thousand people a day...and I'm sure they have seen people make total fools of themselves more times than you can count and they won't even remember a little shyness!

Thanks!

Haha, that's exactly how I would be! I just would not know what to say! The one time I met Belle I was with my niece and Belle didn't really talk to me, she just talked to my niece, but Belle asked if we saw Chip anywhere and the whole time I was thinking "why is Belle looking for a chipmunk"...later I realize it's Chip the cup she was talking about! See, if i was alone and she said that to me, I would have looked so stupid! Good thing my niece was there! But yeah, I just can't get over the feeling stupid around them. Someday I'd like to conquer my fear but it still hasn't happened. :confused3

Yes! Got my popcorn!!

The new hub area is actually really nice!! I was glad!!

I've never been on splash, because I hare being in wet clothes, and I know I'd be the lucky one drenched LoL

Yay!

I was too, I was afraid I might hate it! :rotfl:

You've never been on Splash???? OMG!!! Maybe go on it right before you're going to leave the park? I mean, at least if you get wet, you're leaving so you won't have to be uncomfortable for too long! It's such a great ride!:thumbsup2

Can't believe I've only just found your trip report. Just joining in now

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

I feel like I could have written that paragraph about the water in the ear after Splash! And in fact, I kind of did when the exact same thing happened to me a few years ago! For future reference, if you tilt your head so that the ear full of water is facing the ground, pull down on your earlobe, and jump up and down, you will look like a complete fool, but it works!!! I'm glad yours didn't turn into anything, though. Ear infections are painful!!!

Yeah it's times like that I wish I had a kid with me! It does seem like they are all very good at coming up with things to say, but knowing me, I'd get the awkward princess who didn't speak and then we'd both just stand there like losers or something! :rotfl:

Haha, I'm pretty sure I did that when I was in the bathroom! I googled what to do and I think that was a suggestion! I'm just so glad it got resolved because I hate an ear infection!

I love the pics you did choose to share! They're great! :thumbsup2

OMG! I thought I was the only one who gets super shy with face characters! I can usually power through individual meets in the parks, but Gaston TERRIFIED ME. He's so hilarious though, so I made myself do it, but even when I look at the photos, I can see how intimidated I was, it's all over my face. And I also had a booking at Akershus last year that I ended up cancelling and switching to the Garden Grill, because I just couldn't deal with it. :laughing: Granted, those were solo trips. On my next one I'll have family with me (including an aunt who's very outgoing and I become more so when I'm around her), and I think I'll be more comfortable, so I kept the Akershus booking this time. I really thought I was the only grown woman intimidated by the face characters, though! :hug:

Thanks!

I'm glad it's just not me intimidated by them! But at least you are brave enough to meet them, I won't even do it!:rotfl: I would love to meet Gaston, when I was there with my sister and my niece, they met him, but I was too afraid so I just took the pictures! He seems like he's so fun!

I should really just book an Akershus or CRT dinner and get it over with, all at once! :thumbsup2

Just reading how packed your days are make me tired but I do love early Disney mornings. (Luckily with a baby, early mornings are pretty much a guarantee!) There's just that feeling of happiness watching rope drop at Magic Kingdom. It's my favorite way to start a trip!

That breakfast croissant looks DELICIS, BTW!

I know, I do go a little crazy with packing things into my days! I wish I could relax, but I need all the Disney I can get!

I love the opening show, it's so much fun!

It was! I would love one right now!

Yay for an MK morning! Those are the best. Had to be pretty nice to be just a boat ride away. The perks of staying at the Wilderness lodge...

I think with meeting the princesses, the more you do it, the less weird it feels. You can be as chatty or as quiet as you want. None of them mind if you just wanna grab a quick photo and move on.

Yikes, glad the water in your ear didn't turn into an infection. That would have been a terrible interruption to your Disney trip.

I love the boat at the WL, it's so nice being that close to MK!

Well that's good to know! I'm sure some of them would love to just take a picture and that's it, but I still feel like I'd be an awkward loser! :rotfl:

I know, I'm so happy it was nothing!

I'm glad everything worked out with your ear. DH and I have never bothered with meeting characters before because to me it always seemed like a waste of time standing in line and I would be pretty nervous to meet them. But DH said he wants to try and meet some this trip so I guess I'll just have to take the plunge. I'm sure you would be nervous the first time you met with a princess but I bet after that first time you would be completely fine doing it again :)

Me too!

I don't really meet a lot of characters, but meeting your favorites is always fun! Belle and Elsa are my favorites, so I'd love to meet them, I'm just so afraid. Like what would I ever say to Elsa? I can't even think about it, I'd be so nervous! :faint:

Yay for the Welcome show!!! I actually never caught it this last trip of mine... :sad2:

You should totally go for some princess meets! Although... this coming from the girl who NEVER does them herself :laughing:

I was So nervous for you with your ear! Because... I had my own ear issue while I was at Disney (the one time I actually swam) and it didn't clear up. I had two doctors appointments when I returned and JUST last week it finally went back to normal. I couldn't hear out of it at all and was nervous my hearing in that ear would never come back. Thankfully, nearly a month later, all better :thumbsup2

Oh no, you missed the welcome show? I try to see it at least once on each trip, but it's so early it's easy to sometimes want that extra 20 minutes of sleep!

Haha, I'd love to meet some princesses, I'm just so afraid! Maybe next time!

OMG really? On this past trip you were on? That's awful! :hug: Usually when I swim, I won't go under the water, but sometimes water gets in there anyway! I'm glad you're finally feeling better!

Omg, Photobucket. I'm currently trying to upload pictures in an attempt to write a Disneyland TR and (besides the time commitment) that's the main thing that's making me think I don't want to. :lmao: Laaame. Why PB, WHY?

I'm so glad to hear that the hub is really awesome. Like I know everyone keeps saying it's the greatest thing to happen ever, but it's hard to know until you see it in person. All the pictures I've seen look beautiful though. So basically what am I even talking about. :laughing:

Girl trust me, I know how you feel about the princess thing. But I promise it's a lot of fun to meet them and they're normally so sweet!

YAY SPLASH!! But yikes about your ear infection scare. I'm glad nothing came of it!

OMG yay, a Disneyland TR! I hope you actually do one! You know, you're supposed to be able to skip PB all together and just drag your pictures into your TR now...it doesn't work for me, but I guess it works for everyone else here! Maybe try that?

Well I wouldn't say it's the greatest thing ever, lol, but it is really nice! That whole area will be really pretty when it's all finished!

I'm glad everyone is saying such positive things about the princesses! Maybe next time I'll try it...

Me too! :banana:

That fountain is so pretty. I haven't seen it yet, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it in August.

Glad you didn't let your ear freak you out too much. I hate that seat on Splash. I always put a dollar store poncho on just incase! :rotfl:

I love that there are fountains in the middle of MK now! So pretty!

Haha, I just can't do the ponchos on the rides! I know if I did I'd end up getting soaked anyway! :rotfl:

The step family??? OMG I'm terrified of them! :rotfl: I mean, they look like so much fun, but I'd be so afraid to say something stupid!

A character meal is a good way to just jump right in and conquer the fear though! :thumbsup2
Oh they really are a great place to start. Just go read how our dinner went in my TR. It was our first ever character meal and we weren't sure how things were going to go yet the CMs are very good at getting you comfortable with the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter