• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "I Wasn't Going to Do a Trip Report" Trip Report!~May 2015-Update 5/10/16-New TR link!

Sorry I'm behind (I'm rarely on the DIS anymore).

I'm just worn out by reading you hit three parks.

Great update. I had a bite of a turkey leg once...never again!

YAY...you got on our favorite ride...TOT! Love that ride. And I am so happy they banned selfie sticks ALL together at the parks now.

No picture of the popcorn? That's okay...I'll be having my own in just four days. :)

I'm glad you got back to see Illuminations.

Omg!! That Bambi pillow pet is the cutest! I'm glad I have kids bc I can use them as an excuse to buy one... lol!

Enjoy your trip to SC!

Isn't it? Haha, I can't even use kids as an excuse buying Pillow Pets, I guess it's pretty obvious that it's for me! :rotfl2:

Thanks, it was fun!

Great update! Love the Bambi pillow pet! Have fun in SC!

Thanks! Isn't it so cute? SC was great! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you guys were able to make it for Illuminations! We've never seen the show but I'm hoping we will on our November trip. The Bambi pillow is pretty adorable. And it looks so comfy!

Me too! It was close, but we made it and found a decent spot! You HAVE to see it, the music is some of my favorite Disney music EVER! :jumping1:

I love my Bambi pillow, it's so cute!

All caught up!

I am the same way about meeting the princesses, and therefore have forced myself to schedule a breakfast with them. :scared:

Congrats on your birthday trip! I think you should FINALLY make that reservation for Yachtsman Steakhouse you’ve had to cancel so many times!!

Haha, sometimes I think I should go to a princess breakfast, but I get so nervous just thinking about it. It does seem like a good way to face my fear and just deal with it though! :banana:

Thank you! I know, I should right? I'm thinking about it, because I'm not doing many ADR's, maybe 2, but my actual birthday has to be somewhere special so I don't know! There are way too many choices! :rotfl:

Awesome that you ended up at the Studios on May the 4th. I'm sure that was fun to look around at all the costumes and such.

Glad you got right on TSM - love when that happens.

Crazy about the selfie stick on ToT. I've just been seeing things today in my FB feed that say Disney is banning selfie sticks from the parks starting next month.

How cool that you made it over to Epcot for Illuminations and even had a good spot!

That is an adorable Bambi pillow pet!

It was really fun, I kind of wish we went earlier in the day, but I'm glad we ended up there even if it was just for a little while!

I'm SO happy selfie sticks are gone! I kept saying I wish they would just ban them for good while we were there, and yay, they did! :rotfl:

I know, that was such luck! I really did not think we'd make it! DHS is so close to Epcot but when you're in a hurry, it's like, miles away!

Thanks!

First, I am really enjoying your trip report!

Second, I LOVE all your pictures! I did not read all your responses in between updates, so you may have answered this, but are all your pictures taken with your iphone6? Mine come out like crap, but that is probably user issues! LOL!

Thanks for sharing! And 5 hours is nothing...drive down one evening, spend the day and drive back the next morning...yes, I am a Disney enabler.

Lynn

Thank you!

And thank you! Most of my pictures from this TR are from my IPhone, I did use my camera once in a while, like some of the rope drop picture and hub grass pictures are from a camera, but I'd say 95% are from my phone! I was surprised with how nice some of them turned out! A lot of the time, I have to take multiple pictures of the same thing to get a good shot though, so don't feel bad, I get some horrible ones too and I just delete them!

Haha, I would have had no problem with that, unfortunately, no one else agreed with me! :confused3:rotfl2:

I'm also a HUGE Tower of Terror fan, so I understand your excitement about the ride. It's a bummer that they interrupted your ride experience due to the dumb people with the selfie sticks, but I'm also rather glad they're keeping those under control. (I'm even more excited about the thought that Disney is potentially banning them! :thumbsup2 )

I'm glad you made it in time for Illuminations! I love Wishes more, but I really enjoyed Illuminations on my last trip.

Those pillow pets are ADORABLE - I don't remember seeing Bambi! How fun! :lovestruc

Have a great time next week! :goodvibes

Yay, ToT is the best!! I'm so glad selfie sticks are gone for good, I just think they are so stupid! :laughing:

I love Wishes too, I don't think I can really decide which show I like better, they're both so good! Wishes is just SO Disney, but Illuminations is like, perfection to me, since Epcot is my favorite park and I think it just represents Epcot so amazingly! It's a toss up!

I think Bambi just came out because I haven't seen him either, and I stalk pillow pets! And Figment was just released when we were there! I really want a Figment one too!

Thanks, I did!

If I had any room, Henry would have came home with bambi, too!!
Ry will NEED a figment one LoL

The new starbs in DHS is nice, but gets crowded waiting for drinks.

I actually rode ToT like 5 times this past trip!!! It was awesome! :)

I kept telling myself I wanted a starbs mug, but never ended up buying one :( Now, I am kicking myself over forgetting.

I so want to try to get back to wdw before my AP expires, but not finding any time ( or money) LoL

Enjoy your trip to SC, maybe you can squeeze a quick trip to disney out of Brandon!!

Haha, you have to have Henry hold his own pillow pet on the way home so you don't have to pack it! Next time! :thumbsup2

I think we only went to the DHS Starbucks twice, and both times it was empty! It was like 20 CM's just staring at us haha! Awkward!

I have all 3 because I'm obsessed with them, now I NEED the Animal Kingdom mug! And I hope they're still around whenever I get to Disneyland because I need those too!

Dude, not only am I doing this birthday trip, but I'm trying to find a way to go for a long weekend for the beginning of Food and Wine, which is the weekend my AP expires! It's SO not happening, but in my head, it is! :rotfl:

SC was nice, but no Disney! I tried, but it just didn't happen! :confused3

Okay, so I have a love/hate relationship with the selfie stick. We don't own one but when we were on vacation in Mexico last year another couple who were on a tour with us had one and it really makes for better pictures! (But HOW ANNOYING that they had to stop the whole ride because they couldn't listen to directions!)

I know what's going on my souvenir list for October! Disney World mugs from Starbucks! Two of my most favorite things in one!!!

I never really got the whole turkey leg thing but I'll never forget one of my brothers devouring one at Magic Kingdom at like 1am. (The weirdest things bring back the best memories for me.)

I love Illuminations and I'm with you on taking a few pictures and then putting the camera/phone away and enjoy it.

Haha, I mean, I guess I can understand selfie sticks for that use, but when people are constantly holding them up and taking pictures of just themselves OR recording every little thing they do, it's ridiculous! Then again, I'm not a selfie person at all, I hate taking pictures! I'm sure I'd feel differently if I liked how I looked in pictures and was obsessed with selfies! :rotfl2:

YES get them all!!! I just have to get the Animal Kingdom one now!

Haha that's so funny! The turkey legs were SO good but the one I had on this trip was so gross...I'll be staying away for a while!

Illuminations is the best!

The Bambi pillow pet....LOVE! :lovestruc
I think I'll have to give ToT another try, I really didn't care for the whole up and down part, the theming is crazy good though. Maybe now that I've done it once I'll give her another shot.
TSMM is one of our favorites, except I have a tendency to get kinda competitive.:p
Oy, the selfie sticks...lets just say I'm with you on that one!

Thanks, isn't it cute!

Aww, I get so sad when I hear people say they don't like ToT! But I guess I can see how it might be annoying for some! I will never go on Astro Orbiters again, I loved the view from up there but it made me so nauseous, and I don't even get motion sickness! Never again!

Haha, me too! Luckily, Brandon and I are both pretty awful at it!

I'm so glad they're banned! :thumbsup2

YESSS, I love using FP+ at night, especially for super popular rides! It's like you can look forward to it all day and know you'll be getting on no matter what!

Omg, that girl STILL pulled out her stupid stick? Hahaha I mean how embarrassing that she was called out in front of everyone. Oh well. :lmao: Something similar happened to us at Disneyland (but the ride before us) and it's like... just hold your dang arm out if you're so desperate for a selfie! Goodness.

Awesome that you made it into Epcot in time! I've definitely done that for IllumiNations before. It's worth it!

OH MY GOODNESS. BAMBI PILLOW PET?! I had no idea that existed! HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!

I know, FP+ at night just opened up this whole new world for me, I almost don't hate it anymore! :rotfl2:

I know, ridiculous! I'm just glad she did it in the beginning and the rest of the ride was fine! Imagine she waited until the drop and we had to stop in the middle of that? :eek:

I love my Illuminations, I'm so glad we saw it that night!

I know, isn't it adorable??? :love:

Love your Bambi! It's so sweet and adorable! I've been thinking about maybe splitting our stay next year. Your always talking WL up and it does look amazing :magnify:. Can't remember if I read it are not but have you ever done spilt stays ? If anyone can tell me how difficult it is to do that. Any special tips?

I hope your trip if going well and you have an Awesome 4th :rainbow:

Thanks, Bambi is adorable!

I do love my WL! And I do split stays all the time, this trip was also a split stay (we just haven't switched resorts yet in this TR!) they're super easy! We always rent a car, so on the day we're leaving one resort and going to the next we just get up early, pack up the car, go check in, and if our room is ready, we dump our stuff off in the room and if not, it just stays in the car while we go to the park. If you don't have a car, you can always use a cab and leave your luggage with bell services, or I think Disney will even transfer your luggage for you? Don't quote me on that though, haha, because I've never actually done that! I was always scared of split stays until I did one, now I feel like I do it every trip! I love trying new resorts! :cool1: You should definitely give it a try!

You could visit me, it's almost the same as going to Disney! (Okay, not at all. But still!) ::MinnieMo

Yaaaassss! I always get a turkey leg at HS, too! :thumbsup2

I can't comprehend this. I've never met a Disney turkey leg that I didn't like! :confused3

God, this is a pet peeve of mine, especially when they're holding up the legit FP+ holders behind them. People are such jerks sometimes! :sad2:

YAY!!! ToT is my favorite at HS! (As it happens, Soarin' is my favorite at Epcot!) :cutie:

I refer back to my comments about people trying to sleeze through the FP+ line. Jerks! The good news is that slefie sticks and no long banned just on the rides, now they are banned in the parks COMPLETELY!!! :thumbsup2

Sometimes you just GOTTA! I feel compelled to take pics of EVERYTHING on my trips, especially since I started writing TRs here. But sometimes you just gotta put the camera down and enjoy the experience, you know? Good for you! :goodvibes

Gorgeous Spaceship Earth photos! I love them! :lovestruc

Oh my god, how cute is he?! :cutie:

Since when is anything at Disney World "just for kids?" ;)

Haha, I thought about you while we were there, I was wondering if I was anywhere near where you lived! :rotfl:

I know, I usually love the turkey legs, but this one was seriously disgusting. So upsetting.

I know, it's really annoying! How do you go to Disney and not know how to use the FP system? Unless you're trying to talk your way in, which is just as obnoxious! :confused3

My two favorite rides! I love them so much!

I'm SO happy about the selfie stick ban! :banana:

I used to take pictures of EVERY SINGLE THING for my TR's and I found it kind of ruined my experience! So now I just take pictures of what I want, and if they work out for a TR, great, if not, well, I guess I won't write one! That's why I wasn't sure this TR would happen, I thought all my pictures were awful!

Thank you!

Haha I know, true! It's fine if I'm an adult and have 3 pillow pets and will probably buy another one on my next Disney trip, right? :cool1:

Sorry I'm behind (I'm rarely on the DIS anymore).

I'm just worn out by reading you hit three parks.

Great update. I had a bite of a turkey leg once...never again!

YAY...you got on our favorite ride...TOT! Love that ride. And I am so happy they banned selfie sticks ALL together at the parks now.

No picture of the popcorn? That's okay...I'll be having my own in just four days. :)

I'm glad you got back to see Illuminations.

That's ok, I haven't been on in a while either!

Haha I know, I do that a lot! It's exhausting!

Thanks! Haha they used to be SO good, I don't know what is up with them now, they're awful!

Me too, I got so sick of seeing selfie sticks on this trip!

Jealous, I hope you're having a great time, and eating lots of Disney popcorn! popcorn::

Me too, I love it so much!

Hakuna Matata!

giphy-3.gif

May 5, Day 4!

Hi everyone! I'm back from my trip to SC and once again, horribly behind on the DIS, I apologize! I hope to get caught up in the next few days!

So it's a new day, and what are we doing? Waking up at 6. I really don't think we ever got a chance to sleep in, haha! Well, that's because there's no sleeping in Disney, so what am I even saying! We got up, showered, got dressed and were out the door to get to our ADR at Boma! I absolutely LOVE Boma, I try to go there on every trip before our Animal Kingdom day! I do want to go back to Tusker House for breakfast someday, but I just can't pass up Boma!

When we were eating, our server noticed our anniversary buttons and said happy anniversary to us, which was nice. She left the table and came back with these a few minutes later

IMG_8781.jpg

Mimosas made out of that juice that they serve there! How cool! Except...I was absolutely stuffed and already drank about 10 cups of that juice alone, and Brandon hates champagne. We didn't want to be rude though, so we forced them down somehow. They were really good, but I just wasn't in the mood for a drink so early in the morning, haha! Brandon hated his, because he seriously hates anything with champagne. But it was a really nice gesture of Boma!

Once we finished, we headed over to Animal Kingdom! We're not the biggest fans of Animal Kingdom, so this was going to be our one visit this trip! Don't get me wrong, there are things that I absolutely LOVE there, but I just don't have any desire to spend a lot of time there.

We went in and there were just SO many walls! Walls everywhere! I know eventually when they finish whatever they're doing, it will be awesome, but for now, it's seriously just another reason for me to stay away!

We had FP's for the Safari first, so that's where we went!

IMG_8782.jpg

Again, all of my pictures were taken with my phone, and they're not that great since you're moving a lot, so we'll see what we end up with! (I haven't looked at this since I put them on photo bucket!)

Aww, a giraffe! I love giraffes!

IMG_8795.jpg

Elephant!

IMG_8802.jpg

Flamingos! Anyone remember when there were random flamingos in Epcot? Like near the water that separates Future World and the World Showcase? No? Just me? Well, I miss them!

IMG_8803.jpg

I feel like there are so many other TR's out there with really awesome pictures of the animals on the safari, so I'll leave you guys with these 3! The safari was awesome though, as always, it's one of the things I love about Animal Kingdom! It's about as close to a real safari as I'll ever get! :rotfl2:

Once the safari was over, we had to cross over to get to Asia to use our FP's for Everest. We took the pathway that goes by the Tree of Life, so I stopped to get a quick picture of it. I probably stop in the same spot every single time to take a picture, but it's so pretty, how can you not?

IMG_8809.jpg

And then, we made it to Everest!

IMG_8811.jpg

Usually we like to go on multiple times, usually the line is short enough to do that. I'm not sure why we only used our FP's but we only went on once. I want to say I might have been getting a little hot and I was nervous about getting sick? I know there was a reason and I don't think it had to do with a line being too long, so me being hot is my guess! :rotfl2: I'm always too hot to do anything in Florida!

Anyway, before this trip, we decided we really wanted to try Kali River Rapids again, but we would go on right before we left the park, just in case we got soaked. Well, we were right there, and we had FP's for Festival of the Lion King a little later, and there was no way I was crossing back over the park again after that was over...so we decided to do it now. :eek: There was a 20 minute wait and I was SO terrified that I would get drenched...we kept seeing people walk off that were soaked and I was like "that's gonna be me, I know it!"

We got on and were with 2 other families, one family had 2 adorable little girls who were so happy until they got splashed a little and started crying, and it was like the saddest thing every, because they were genuinely upset, like they did NOT expect it...and then this one family with the parents, the grandfather and a little boy. Everyone was having a great time, I was thinking "oh this isn't bad" because I really had no memory of the ride. We did it once in 2008 and that was it, I just knew at some point, something happened that would get someone on the ride soaked and you had no control over it.

Then it happened. The hill where you spin around and the unlucky person goes under the waterfall and has their day ruined by being soaked all day. The unlucky person this time was...the grandfather! :rotfl: I pretty much got none of it, we might have gotten splashed a tiny bit, but nothing like this poor guy! He took it pretty well, he just laughed. If that was me, I'd be in tears! I mean, it was like a whole pool full of water fell right on you. It was SO much worse that getting soaked on Splash Mountain!

I was glad we tried it again, but it's not something I would go out of my way to do. I'd never waste an FP on it, and again, I'd much rather do it on my way out of the park! It was fun though!

After that, we crossed back over to go to Festival of the Lion King! I don't know if I mentioned it, but we had the worst luck in September trying to see this show, we could never get in! So I made sure to have an FP this time, which worked beautifully!

IMG_8835.jpg

The new theater is really nice, it looks pretty much the same inside, but the outside is so pretty! I bet it's really nice at night, all lit up!

We went in and sat down at the end of a bench, and the CM's kept trying to make everyone scrunch in to cram more people in...I'm sorry, I sat on the end for a reason, I don't feel like being smushed up against someone I don't know when it's a million degrees out and everyone is covered in sweat. And our row was pretty full anyway, so I doubt anyone else could have fit!

The show started and it was instant tears, as always. There's just something about the Lion King soundtrack that I can't handle, it makes me cry every time! This show is just so beautiful, I try to hold back the tears but it never works!

IMG_8816.jpg

I don't really get the Be Prepared part though, that's really my only complaint about this show. I know they had to fit in the song somewhere, but it just doesn't make sense, the way it's worked into this!

IMG_8818.jpg

The bird! Every time I see this show and watch the bird girl fly around and dance, it makes me wish I took dancing more seriously when I was young. That could have been me up there.

(Ok, not really, haha, but it's a nice dream!)

IMG_8831.jpg

The show was over and I was all out of tears, so it was time to go. Our time at Animal Kingdom was up, haha, so we went to leave, and then we saw an entrance for the trail around the Tree of Life. I had always heard there were some type of kangaroos in there, so we went in and looked around. It was so cool, seeing the Tree of Life that close up, I've never really had a chance to look at the carvings, they are so amazing!

IMG_8834.jpg

We then stumbled onto a CM who was alone, and she asked me if I wanted to meet Pocahontas, because I was wearing my Poca shirt. I didn't know what to say, because I DO want to meet her, but again, she's a princess and we all know my fears! So I said no thank you, we were on our way out, and she said "oh, she will be out soon, and I know she will love your shirt" and I felt so horrible. I guess she was her attendant and she was waiting for her to come out, and there was no line, so maybe she had to recruit people? Not sure, but I really did feel horrible, especially since I said no thank you again. And then kicked myself the whole way out of the park, because HELLO! I LOVE Pocahontas, so why didn't I just meet her when I had the chance? There was NO line, I had my shirt on, I should have just done it! Uggghhhh...sometimes I don't understand myself. :sad2:

We went back to the Wilderness Lodge and decided to get lunch at Roaring Fork. I was craving pizza so I got a flatbread, and Brandon got a burger and fries.

IMG_8836.jpg

My flatbread was SOOOO good, I really like the flatbreads from there. Sometimes Disney pizza is just so good, you know? I guess Brandon liked his burger, I don't remember him complaining so it must have been good!

Was it the best idea to eat lunch when we had a really early dinner ADR? Probably not, but sometimes you just can't resist Disney food, you know?

We went back to our room and took a nap, we didn't have much time before we had to leave again to get to our next ADR!

Up next...one of the best character meals ever!

If he wasn't on my lap home! Next time, for sure!!

Ugh, I keep trying to think of a way to go before our APs expire, but no luck :( so sad :( :( :(

I've yet to ride Splash Mountain and Kali river rapids. Not a fan of being wet walking even out of the park and back to the room LoL Someday, maybe....

I LOVE that "jungle juice"!!!! As a mimosa, bet it was awesome!

We met many face characters this past trip since we were with our friends and their little girl, so that was nice. Plus I have kids to make it a little less awkward, even if they're boys ;) LoL

Good thing y'all didn't get soaked on Kali! I used to loooove getting wet on those rides but walking around Disney soaking wet all day really isn't great. :lmao:

Ohhhh FotLK. I will absolutely never get sick of it. Ever. :love:

Aww, hopefully someday you can meet Pocahontas!

How nice that Boma gave you the mimosa's with the jungle juice, but perhaps they should have come before you had 10 glasses of juice. :rotfl2:I like champagne so I bet that was really yummy.

Nice morning at AK! I love the new theatre for FOTLK. It's so perfect.

And Yay for giraffes and the safari!

That flatbread looks yummy!

When we got on the elevator, some girls had a selfie stick with them. The CM told her she can't use it on the ride, and she said ok, and he was like "no seriously, they're banned on rides, if we see you using it, we'll have to stop the ride" and she was just all "Ok whatever". What do you think happens 30 seconds into the ride? The elevator stops, lights come on, and a voice tells her to put her selfie stick away or we'll all have to get off the ride. She finally got the message and put her stupid selfie stick away.
:sad2:

Spaceship Earth was looking lovely on the way out, I love when it's all lit up and colorful at night
::yes:: Me too!

Waking up at 6. I really don't think we ever got a chance to sleep in, haha! Well, that's because there's no sleeping in Disney, so what am I even saying!
Yep, that's been our experience too. ::yes:: Hmmm, there should be a yawning smilie...

I absolutely LOVE Boma, I try to go there on every trip before our Animal Kingdom day!
I love breakfast there too. I want to stay at AKL again someday and eat there at least one morning, if not more. Yum!

Mimosas made out of that juice that they serve there!
Mmmmm, sounds good. Note to self: celebrate something during that future stay at AKL.

Anyone remember when there were random flamingos in Epcot? Like near the water that separates Future World and the World Showcase?
Not at all. Huh, cool.

We got on and were with 2 other families, one family had 2 adorable little girls who were so happy until they got splashed a little and started crying, and it was like the saddest thing every, because they were genuinely upset, like they did NOT expect it.
Aw, that's sad! :sad1:

Glad that you ended up staying pretty dry and that the grandpa had a good attitude! I'm with you - I HATE getting wet on rides! We haven't ridden this for years, but I know we wore ponchos and brought a change of clothes (that we needed because we still got soaked through the armholes of our ponchos).

Glad you enjoyed the Lion King show. I have yet to see it in the new location.

Aw, that's too bad you didn't stay and even just get a picture with Pocahontas, since you had your shirt on. Maybe you should delegate all the speaking to Brandon and you can just join in the pictures. :scratchin

I cannot recall a lie in on any of our trips to wdw. There's ways a first time, but I don't think it will happen on this trip either. :yay:

Mimosas made out of that juice that they serve there!

That looks delish...though I'm not a big fan of champagne with breakfast either...but ...nice of them.

Aww, a giraffe! I love giraffes!

They are my fave too - they make the trip to AK worth it for me.

unlucky person this time was...the grandfather!

That's pretty funny...I think I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing...I hope he was a good sport about it lol

That was sweet of the CM to bring the mimosas, but we probably would have been just like y'all. lol I'm not a champagne drinker either!

Ahh, the poor grandpa! It's good that he took it in stride though. I always want to ride water rides, but I'm so sure I'm going to be the one getting soaked.

Festival of the Lion King is my absolute favorite Disney show! I can't wait to see it again on our upcoming trip, it's been way too long.

If he wasn't on my lap home! Next time, for sure!!

Ugh, I keep trying to think of a way to go before our APs expire, but no luck :( so sad :( :( :(

I've yet to ride Splash Mountain and Kali river rapids. Not a fan of being wet walking even out of the park and back to the room LoL Someday, maybe....

I LOVE that "jungle juice"!!!! As a mimosa, bet it was awesome!

We met many face characters this past trip since we were with our friends and their little girl, so that was nice. Plus I have kids to make it a little less awkward, even if they're boys ;) LoL

I know, I really want to go for the Food and Wine festival, but it's not happening. Next year hopefully!

I know, I'm not a fan of being wet either but those rides are SO much fun! Well, Kali is ok, but Splash is awesome! Just assume you will get stuck at some point, because I don't think I've ever been on Splash and not had the ride stop! :rotfl:

It was really good, I just wasn't in the mood for alcohol! But it was really nice of them!

Someday I'll meet the face characters! Someday! :rotfl2:

Good thing y'all didn't get soaked on Kali! I used to loooove getting wet on those rides but walking around Disney soaking wet all day really isn't great. :lmao:

Ohhhh FotLK. I will absolutely never get sick of it. Ever. :love:

Aww, hopefully someday you can meet Pocahontas!

I know, I was so relieved! :faint:

Neither will I, I love it so much!

I hope! And she's like, the least intimidating one, I kind of wish I just stayed and met her, but :confused3. Someday.

How nice that Boma gave you the mimosa's with the jungle juice, but perhaps they should have come before you had 10 glasses of juice. :rotfl2:I like champagne so I bet that was really yummy.

Nice morning at AK! I love the new theatre for FOTLK. It's so perfect.

And Yay for giraffes and the safari!

That flatbread looks yummy!

Haha, I know right? I was so full at that point, even drinking was challenging! :rotfl: But the few sips I did have were really good!

I really like the new theater for FOTLK, it looks like it's been there all along! I love how Disney can do that, just build some whole new thing and plop it right in the middle of the park and it looks like it's always been there!

It was, Disney pizza is so good sometimes!

So glad selfie sticks are banned now!

Isn't Spaceship Earth beautiful? I love it! :lovestruc

Yep, that's been our experience too. ::yes:: Hmmm, there should be a yawning smilie...

I love breakfast there too. I want to stay at AKL again someday and eat there at least one morning, if not more. Yum!

Mmmmm, sounds good. Note to self: celebrate something during that future stay at AKL.

Not at all. Huh, cool.

Aw, that's sad! :sad1:

Glad that you ended up staying pretty dry and that the grandpa had a good attitude! I'm with you - I HATE getting wet on rides! We haven't ridden this for years, but I know we wore ponchos and brought a change of clothes (that we needed because we still got soaked through the armholes of our ponchos).

Glad you enjoyed the Lion King show. I have yet to see it in the new location.

Aw, that's too bad you didn't stay and even just get a picture with Pocahontas, since you had your shirt on. Maybe you should delegate all the speaking to Brandon and you can just join in the pictures. :scratchin

Haha I know right?

I thought when I stayed at AKL I'd eat at Boma everyday, but it didn't happen. Next time! :rotfl2: And yes, definitely have a pin on in Boma, I'm sure they will give you something! :thumbsup2

I considered wearing a poncho, but I felt weird and I figured, if I'm going to get soaked, a poncho really isn't going to help! I'm glad it worked out! :rotfl:

I know, I should have met Pocahontas! I should just have Brandon talk to the princesses, he can talk to anyone! Maybe in September I'll give it a try!

I cannot recall a lie in on any of our trips to wdw. There's ways a first time, but I don't think it will happen on this trip either. :yay:

I know, it's hard to sleep in when there's Disney World right outside of your resort room! :cool1:

That looks delish...though I'm not a big fan of champagne with breakfast either...but ...nice of them.

They are my fave too - they make the trip to AK worth it for me.

That's pretty funny...I think I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing...I hope he was a good sport about it lol

They were really good, I just had no room left to drink anything else! :rotfl2:

I know, we're skipping AK on this upcoming trip, but I keep thinking "what about the giraffes? And what about Everest?" :rotfl: Maybe we'll run over there and do those 2 things and then leave!

He was, it was surprising because he seemed like a bit of a grump in line! I don't think I would have been too happy if I got that soaked!

That was sweet of the CM to bring the mimosas, but we probably would have been just like y'all. lol I'm not a champagne drinker either!

Ahh, the poor grandpa! It's good that he took it in stride though. I always want to ride water rides, but I'm so sure I'm going to be the one getting soaked.

Festival of the Lion King is my absolute favorite Disney show! I can't wait to see it again on our upcoming trip, it's been way too long.

I don't go out of my way to drink champagne, but I don't hate it! It was really good with that juice, I just couldn't drink anymore, I was so full!

I know, me too, that's why I was so nervous about doing Kali before we went to FOTLK! I'm so happy I didn't get soaked!

I know, I felt like before this trip I hadn't seen it in SO long! :eek:

Revenge of the 5th

tumblr_mhlopduGC61rn2nzro1_500.gif

May 5, Day 4, Part 2!

(I should have probably used a Darth Vader gif for this chapter, but this is too cute not to use!)

Hi everyone! So we left off with Brandon and I going back to our room to nap. I know in my last update that it was kind of stupid for us to eat lunch when we had such an early ADR right? Well I didn't know how late we actually were eating at the WL, so I checked my pictures...it was almost 2:00 when we ate lunch! And our ADR was at 4:30! Needless to say, I was NOT hungry at all, but there was no way we could skip this ADR. So we got ready and headed over to Hollywood Studios!

We got there and went right over to Hollywood and Vine, a place we've never been to before. Normally there's no way I'd ever go there, I've heard awful reviews about the food, and I have no interest in the characters that are there, but this was a different story. We were going to Jedi Mickey's character meal! Where you meet the Disney characters dressed up in Star Wars attire! Honestly, that's all I've ever wanted out of Star Wars weekends, so when I found out you could book this meal before SWW even started, I was all over it! I'm sure I'll go to SWW someday, but for now, this was cool! I finally noticed this too, after all of my years going to DHS and being a huge Roger Rabbit fan!

IMG_8837.jpg

We checked in and they gave us a pager and told us to wait in line to get our picture with Jedi Mickey, and as soon as we got in line, they were calling us to go in. Jedi Mickey is right there in front. He was so cute! I don't really remember much about the interaction, but Mickey was super cute and our picture turned out...ok. I'm never satisfied with pictures, no matter what I do.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-12%20at%207.44.38%20PM.jpg

We sat down and Chip immediately came over, and we took our picture with him, and he was gone before I even knew what was happening! The pictures with him are awful, so sorry, I'm not putting them up here! :rotfl2: Our server came over, told us we could go up to the buffet at any time, so we went up and got a few things, even though I was so not hungry. I think I got chicken and mashed potatoes. I really can't remember. I do know whatever I ate was pretty good, and Brandon liked it too, so I don't know why people complain about how terrible it is all the time. If I was hungrier I would have had more, I just physically could not.

Leia Minnie came over next, and I just about died at her cuteness! She was the cutest little thing ever, whoever her friend was that night was SO tiny! I think when I got up to take my picture with her I actually said to her "you're so tiny Minnie!" I just felt like I was a giant next to her!

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

(Brandon's picture was much better, of course!)

Dale was next and he was there for a little while longer than Chip, so we took a picture with him together, but again, it turned out awful!

We sat down, and then Donald crept over to us. He came up behind me and was acting all mad about something, and then pointed to my ears. He was being so funny, and finally, he grabbed them off of my head and threw them! Then he went to pick them up and his attendant was telling him to give them back to me, and he was hiding them behind his back, it was hysterical! He was with us for so long, it was so awesome!

IMG_0763.jpg

I actually love this picture because I have no idea what Donald is doing, and I have no clue where my ears are! I want to say he threw them again before giving them back to me, but he finally gave them back when his attendant scolded him enough! :rotfl:

I love character interactions like that, and I never expect them because I know the characters go out of their way to do silly things like that for families with kids, so when they do things like that with us, I'm just so happy! I know I'm afraid of princesses, but I love the fur characters and I love interacting with them, even if it is just something stupid like that!

Darth Vader Goofy was next, and I don't really remember too much about him, other than him being huge! My pictures are awful and blurry with him, so here's Brandon's!

IMG_0768.jpg

That was the end of the characters, and although there was a dessert buffet, we didn't want anything because we were full. Our server thought we were crazy but she said she would bring us the check...and ended up bringing us a dessert instead, and said congratulations on our anniversary! So of course, we had to eat it. I don't even remember what it was, it might have been cake or something, I know it was chocolatey! I really didn't want dessert there though, there was something special I really wanted somewhere else, so I didn't have much.

We left and went to go get my dessert. Again, I was NOT hungry but I didn't know if we'd be back in DHS anytime soon, so I was not missing my chance.

I read that Min and Bill's Dockside Diner sometimes had seasonal milkshakes, and had a very interesting sounding one for the summer. The Churro Milkshake. I mean, how good does that sound, right? As soon as I heard about it, I knew I had to have one. So even though I knew I was stuffed, I got one.

IMG_8844.jpg

OMG. It was amazing. I mean, it was basically cinnamon sugar mixed with ice cream, but it was so good. However, the worst thing I can possibly eat when I'm full is ice cream. I made it through about 1/4 of it and I could not possibly eat anymore. I was so full, it was starting to become painful. Brandon didn't want it because he was, well, smarter than me, I guess. Ughhhh. I just remember feeling so awful, like I could not move. So we just sat there for a while until I felt ok again, and decided we might as well hop over to Epcot for a little while, since all of the wait times were way too long at DHS.

We arrived at Epcot and it was just SUCH a perfect night. We had no plans, we were just going to wander around and see what happened.

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8852.jpg

I really wanted to go to Mexico and go on the boat ride, but I remembered it was Cinco De Mayo and it might be obnoxious over there. We went over anyway and it wasn't too bad, of course, there was no wait for the ride which was nice!

Tried and failed, as always, to get a decent shot of the "fireworks!"

IMG_8856.jpg

When we finished, we noticed the line at La Cava wasn't too bad for Cinco De Mayo, and since I could not even remember the last time I actually had a margarita from there, we decided to get one! We both got Pomegranate and went outside to drink them since it was kind of crowded inside.

IMG_8860.jpg

I took my picture for Instagram (you have to Instagram your margarita from La Cava, you just have to!) and I started drinking and kind of realized that it wasn't that good. It was super syrupy and not tequila-y at all. I asked Brandon if his was good and he said no. We were both kind of surprised, because we have NEVER had a bad drink from there. Maybe they were watering them down that night or something, I don't know, but we couldn't even drink them. So we basically wasted almost $30 on margaritas. Boo. I hope it was just a one time thing because I LOVE that place!

The sun was starting to go down, and the sky was looking amazing, so I wanted to find a good spot to take some pictures, you know me and my Disney sunsets! So many people were doing the same thing, and it's not hard to see why, it was ridiculously beautiful:

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8862.jpg

IMG_8863.jpg

Sigh. Put me in Epcot with a beautiful sunset and I'm happy.

Brandon, somehow, was hungry, and wanted to stop and get sushi in Japan so we did that. I was kind of hoping to make it over to France on the bridge to take more pictures of the sky, so I might have hurried him along a little! He finished and on the walk over, sky looked like it was on fire! It was just too perfect! However, by the time we made it to France the sun was almost gone and so was my sunset. This was the best I could get:

IMG_8865.jpg

IMG_8866.jpg

By then I was just feeling really tired and my feet were really starting to hurt at that point, so as much as I would have liked to stay for Illuminations, we decided it would be best to go back to the Wilderness Lodge.

We took our time walking and it was dark when we got to the front!

IMG_8873.jpg

It's crazy to think we were just in France, watching the sun go down, and then boom! Pitch black in Future World!

We stood and watched the fountain for a little while, because once the music starts, you can't not watch it right?

IMG_8879.jpg

And then we really left! We had to pack everything up, because it was our last night at the Wilderness Lodge! :sad:I was kind of sad because I love it there, I feel like that is my Disney home, even if I might like the Epcot resorts a little more, the WL will always be my Disney home, my true love. I hated leaving, but we still had half of our trip in front of us, and we were staying at our moderate resort home for the next half of the trip, Port Orleans Riverside! So even though packing to leave was awful, I was kind of excited about POR, the last time we stayed there was 2012, so I couldn't wait to go back!

Up next...switching resorts and more park fun, of course!

Oh my goodness, the Star Wars meal sounds so fun! Seriously, that's the only way you could get me to Hollywood and Vine as well because ya know, Disney Junior characters... pass. Hahaha. The interaction with Donald sounds awesome!! Proof that he's the best. :laughing:

Oh my goodness, you always catch the most beautiful Disney sunsets! :love:

That Star Wars meal looked like a lot of fun - even if you didn't feel like eating much. I would definitely have wanted to try that milkshake too....even if only a few sips lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter