The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

BOARDWALK IS OUT HOME BASE. AFTER SEVERAL YEARS AND VISITING MOST OF THE HOTELS I HAVE TO SAY IT BY FAR OUR FAVORITE. WHEN WE FIRST BOUGHT INTO THE V.C. IT WAS OLD KEY WEST WE BOUGHT INTO BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE SOLD OUT SO THEY PUT US IN THE BOARDWALK WHICH AT THE TIME WAS JUST A PICTURE. WELL LETS JUST SAY ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS :cool1:

Boardwalk is hands down my favorite as well! We just got home two.days ago and I could go back! I'm hooked on Disney......have been for a long time :)

We are going back this winter and are booked at BLT, which is where we bought at BUT I want to switch to BWV ;) I just love it!

Well, I put in a waitlist last week for 4 nights in Sept. but I called the other day and 3days were avab so I booked it. So I will stay 2 nights at AKV value studio then 3 nights at BWV standard studio.
Good to know. We rented points from a friend and got preferred view. He was nice enough to add a waitlist for us for a standard view. If it comes through, he will apply the difference to the dining plan we're going to add. I doubt it will but it would be nice to save a little money.

This summer we will stay at BWV in a Bw view studio for 8 nights. And this will be our first time as BWV owners! We love AKV our first home and are happy to call BWV our second.

Is there a certain time of year that The Luna Pool/Slide is closed to be refurbished? We will be there mid-March 2012. TIA :cutie:

We went to WDW for the Summer Nightastic fun and stayed a BWV. DH shot some great video and we wanted to share it here.
Here is the link to the Sunrise video he put together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q38bMd6j_Ds

Thanks for sharing that video, it brought back great memories of my last stay there and my early morning walks around the boardwalk I did for exercise. :)

Just read on DVC News that the sidewalks on the villa side of BWV will be undergoing refurbishments during our upcoming trip.

Any guesses on how this may affect guest getting to & from the pools, Community Hall and HS?

Thanks for sharing that video, it brought back great memories of my last stay there and my early morning walks around the boardwalk I did for exercise. :)

One is glad to be of service. Check out the other videos on the bonrea2000 channel on youtube.com. Not making any money with the videos just do them because we like to and people enjoy them.

Is there a certain time of year that The Luna Pool/Slide is closed to be refurbished? We will be there mid-March 2012. TIA :cutie:

I read in the Spring 2011 issue of Disney Files magazine that the Keister Coaster is scheduled for refurbishment from February 7, 2012 through mid March. :sad2: The Luna Pool will remain open. There will also be a shuttle to Y & B to use the Stormalong Bay Pool and Slide.

We will be at the BWV in Feb. 2012. Thought about switching hotels, but just love our BWV. Kids agreed! :thumbsup2

I read in the Spring 2011 issue of Disney Files magazine that the Keister Coaster is scheduled for refurbishment from February 7, 2012 through mid March. :sad2: The Luna Pool will remain open. There will also be a shuttle to Y & B to use the Stormalong Bay Pool and Slide.

Thanks for the info! Not sure it will be warm enough to swim while we're there....

I know what you mean. I've been there in February when it's been 85 degrees and when it's been 30. I'm hoping for warm, but won't complain if it's not!

What happened to the love for BWV? Last post on this thread was in July!

Well I for one am very excited to be going home in 26 more days!!! :cool1:

Question for the experts though. Never went out of my way to look for them so I can't remember. Are there charcoal grills available & if so where are they located?

Anyone else going to be there 10/5-12? Bring on F&W already!!!

Question for the experts though. Never went out of my way to look for them so I can't remember. Are there charcoal grills available & if so where are they located?

Have a GREAT trip! :cutie:
I'll look forward to your "full report" when you return! :thumbsup2
We are staying @BWV for the first time EVER in March! :goodvibes

I know there is a grill next to Community Hall, on the right side if you are looking towards the water.

Love my BW-but will be at our other home this year BLT grand villa MK view--last year we did the BW 2-story grand villa.

Scott

I know there is a grill next to Community Hall, on the right side if you are looking towards the water.

Thank you!

Love my BW-but will be at our other home this year BLT grand villa MK view--last year we did the BW 2-story grand villa.

Scott

Nice! BLT is the last resort left on our WDW DVC resort list to stay at. I've stayed at all the others. Just can't seem to pull myself away from my favorites, but if we plan a short March stay BLT it will be if there's availability.

Looking forward to our first BWV staying for 4 nights Thanksgiving Weekend. We have stayed at the inn before but never the villas. We also have family and friends coming with us. We are so excited and can't wait!! :cool1:

I was there in march, and that grill did not look to appealing . I do not think I would cook anything on it...

We'll be there in 14 days! 9/23 - 9/28 in a 2bd. It'll be our first time staying there and we're very much looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter