• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

I just had to share my excitement:
we initially bought BWV in 1999, added BCV & SSR, both pre-build - all direct.
400 points, and we've been in a constant state of borrowing for over 20 years :rolleyes1
we had some financial downturns over those years (job loss, wage reduction, college, life;)), but I just came into some money, and figured "what the heck", i'll peruse some resales (just looking, of course;)).
I found something interesting, put an offer in today, & it was accepted -
this will be our first DVC addition in decades - BWV 150pts!! :yay:
(bittersweet: my mom passed about a 1 1/2 years ago, and dad passed about 10 days before our oct 2014 vacation......hence, the extra money. as much as I miss them & would give everything & more to have them back, I just know how so very happy they must be that I finally can't refuse to let them give us money (or buy us more points). so, thank you, mom & dad, for always loving us, and bringing smiles to our faces every single day of our lives - love you forever :littleangel:)

I just had to share my excitement:
we initially bought BWV in 1999, added BCV & SSR, both pre-build - all direct.
400 points, and we've been in a constant state of borrowing for over 20 years :rolleyes1
we had some financial downturns over those years (job loss, wage reduction, college, life;)), but I just came into some money, and figured "what the heck", i'll peruse some resales (just looking, of course;)).
I found something interesting, put an offer in today, & it was accepted -
this will be our first DVC addition in decades - BWV 150pts!! :yay:
(bittersweet: my mom passed about a 1 1/2 years ago, and dad passed about 10 days before our oct 2014 vacation......hence, the extra money. as much as I miss them & would give everything & more to have them back, I just know how so very happy they must be that I finally can't refuse to let them give us money (or buy us more points). so, thank you, mom & dad, for always loving us, and bringing smiles to our faces every single day of our lives - love you forever :littleangel:)

Laurie, your parents must be so pleased knowing that they are still making you happy via their legacy. I'm sure that they will be following you every step of every trip. Blessings to you and your parents. Hope that you can begin enjoying those BWV points soon!

Laurie, your parents must be so pleased knowing that they are still making you happy via their legacy. I'm sure that they will be following you every step of every trip. Blessings to you and your parents. Hope that you can begin enjoying those BWV points soon!

thank you, jean
this was a great way to start a fresh, new year (& I added DD to this contract, so she can be an official, "card carrying" DVC member:thumbsup2 - yup, she's excited!)

btw, I think of you & your DH often - you are wonderful people, and I pray that you are both doing well :hug:

Book a BWV studio and you will see fireworks from your balcony. Request high floor. Rooms furthest from the elevator have an extra good view of Illuminations, so might also request "Crest of the Wave" building.
Thank you so much for the tip! I am thrilled that I have the possibility to see the fireworks from our room.

Thank you so much for the tip! I am thrilled that I have the possibility to see the fireworks from our room.

Rereading my post I see that I need to clarify 2 things. First, you need to book BW view to be guaranteed seeing fireworks. Second, you will not see the parts of Illuminations that are low on the water. You will see and hear the blasts that shoot up. I can add that from higher floors you can also see Magic Kingdom fireworks in the distance.

We were very surprised this past March 2014. We book a one bedroom standard view at our new home resort BWV and had a great view of the fireworks from our living room window! Just stayed for a week last month at BCV with no view of anything. Looking forward to boardwalk again on our next trip!

I am sure this has been asked, but could not find anything - we are staying in a standard 1 bedroom in March and need advice on room request. We have stayed in a pool view before and had a nice view of HS and the DVC quiet pool. I remember reading somewhere about noise from trucks loading luggage or maybe it was trash pickup. This is just me and DH for his birthday trip so we may be sleeping in a lot! Any help will be appreciated - I am well aware that a request is just that and may not be honored.

I am sure this has been asked, but could not find anything - we are staying in a standard 1 bedroom in March and need advice on room request. We have stayed in a pool view before and had a nice view of HS and the DVC quiet pool. I remember reading somewhere about noise from trucks loading luggage or maybe it was trash pickup. This is just me and DH for his birthday trip so we may be sleeping in a lot! Any help will be appreciated - I am well aware that a request is just that and may not be honored.

You do NOT want to be near the elevator because those are the rooms that are near the loading/unloading area for trucks with DME luggage. Try requesting "across from bus stop, high floor." You might even get super lucky and score one of the X123 corner rooms that are very large with multiple balconies and a partial view of Illuminations fireworks. Good luck!

Thank you so much - I would not like to hear "truck noises", but unfortunately someone has to get those rooms! I will request "high floor across from bus stop!

Quick question,please for those that might know.

I'm looking at trying to book a studio either August or mid September. I've heard that along with the refurbs at BCV, that there will be some at BWV. Just wondering if there were any confirmed dates for starting and completions? T.I.A.

I apologize if this has been asked and/or answered already, I didn't get a chance to read this whole thread..

DizDad.

If I was booking a standard view studio but didn't want a view of the parking lot or loading bay, what would I request please? Thank you.

If I was booking a standard view studio but didn't want a view of the parking lot or loading bay, what would I request please? Thank you.

Mid hallway, low floor. That will have a view of the drive up to the resort, but w the trees and lawn not so bad at all.

Quick question,please for those that might know.

I'm looking at trying to book a studio either August or mid September. I've heard that along with the refurbs at BCV, that there will be some at BWV. Just wondering if there were any confirmed dates for starting and completions? T.I.A.

I apologize if this has been asked and/or answered already, I didn't get a chance to read this whole thread..

DizDad.

No dates yet for the refurb, just 2015!

I wrote to Dvc asking the same thing about the refurbishment. They said it is scheduled for completion August 2015 but that things are of course subject to change. I wonder what it is going to look like!

I wrote to Dvc asking the same thing about the refurbishment. They said it is scheduled for completion August 2015 but that things are of course subject to change. I wonder what it is going to look like!

Yep I just got my Reply from them yesterday. Stated Aug. 22 if I can remember, but that can't change. & they also said nothing about the pool should be refurbed.....I believe they refurbed the pool in 2013 anyhow..

Can anyone tell me if the Village Green large balconies ( Studios ) are on the 3rd or 4th floor? Or if anyone has pics. I'd be much appreciative, T.I.A.

DizDad

Hi All,
We are new DVC owners in BWV - looking forward to booking our first trip with it soon, for August 2016!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter