• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "I hope we make it" pre-trippie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie21Ireland

Earning My Ears
With just over 2 weeks to go I thought it was time to get this started. My first ever pre-trippie :)

The Cast:
Me - Pamela (21) Complete Disney nut, planning on buying lots of souvenirs!

DBF - Andrew (22) Loves taking Pictures, 4gb memory card at the ready..

It will be our second time to DLRP. First time was 4 years ago with family went for 3 nights around halloween dont remember alot from that trip but always wanted to see the christmas decorations so we are going to ALONE :)

We are going November 24th - 29th staying in the Santa Fe.

We fly from Dublin at 6.50am on the 24th and back on the 29th at 10pm.

So far we are planning on eating at Rainforest Cafe, Annette's and Cafe Mickey's.

Other than that we will fit in as many rides as possible and try to catch all the shows. With some only on at the weekend is a good thing we have a late flight on the Saturday.

Now the "I hope We make it" part.... we are flying with Aer Lingus and they are planning a strike (rumoured to be before December 1st) so just hoping we make it out of Ireland not too worried about the coming home part... :rotfl:

have a great time!

i was worried about the aer lingus strike too! :scared1:
i heard it would be before christmas, we're going in the morning and there has being no talk of it lately so hopefully we'll go as planned!

Looks like a great trip (and I'm looking forward to see all the photos!).

We had this last year when BA were going to strike, try to not let it bother you (I know this is hard), usually these strikes never happen anyway.

Today Siptu (staff union) will serve Aerlingus with 2 weeks notice for a strike. Which is the day we go!! But usually only serve 1 weeks notice so hoping they will arrange something before the strike happens, otherwise I hope it doesnt start till 9am we fly at 7am :rotfl:

Sounds like a good plan, fingers crossed that you don't have to deal with the strikes (at least on the way out)

Sounds great! :goodvibes

Good luck with the strike on the way out ~ who cares on the way back :rotfl:

We got caught up in Air France's strike on our way back last year and had to spend the night at the airport but we survived ;) and got compensated very nicely for it!! :yay:

Sounds like a great trip planned, and really not long to wait now. Hope the aer lingus strike doesn't affect you :)

Meeting between Aerlingus and union yesterday and today, outcome will be announced on monday... keep those fingers and toes crossed :rotfl:

Travel details:

We fly from Dublin on Monday at 6.50 am means we need to be in the airport by 4.50am. I will drive from DBF's house at 3am to my grandad's house near airport, we will leave the car there and he will drop us to airport :)

When we get to CDG, we will get tickets for VEA bus.. and hopefully be in disney by 11am

On Saturday we come home... dont wanna talk about that part... :rotfl:

Does that mean the strike has been called off?

Have a great time... not long to wait now:thumbsup2

Talks today to try to reach an agreement Aer Lingus considering it hope to have more information tomorrow

Have a wonderful trip!!! We'll be at the Santa Fe on Wednesday, i'll be the loud Canadian with the cute baby who loves to say 'Mickey' :lmao:

Trip was great apart from the saturday.. more about that later.

Now to sort out the hundreds of photos and get typing :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter