• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Hunger Games movie(s)... who's excited??

I was really not happy hearing about the casting thus far, but then when I read the interview linked below I felt much, much better. It sounds like not only do Suzanne Collins and Gary Ross "click" in both their individual visions for the movies but also in their collaboration. I went from excited when I first heard about the movies, to apprehensive, to way excited now. :goodvibes

Interview here: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/07/hunger-games-suzanne-collins-gary-ross-exclusive/

(The link is being wonky when I try and test it now, but we've been having connection issue all day here. I'll check it again when I get home.)

I'm officially withholding my opinion until the project is further along, but my fingers are firmly crossed that they do right by the books. (Just beause Suzanne Collins is involed means nothing to me. Some of the worst Stephen King and Clive Cussler adaptations were the ones they had their thumbs in.)

I absolutely HATED the book. But I'm a strong supporter of the casting of Jennifer Lawrence.

So... as I bring up any time I hear someone question it, I have to ask... did you guys see Winter's Bone? My personal opinion is that they couldn't have found a better choice.

I absolutely HATED the book. But I'm a strong supporter of the casting of Jennifer Lawrence.

So... as I bring up any time I hear someone question it, I have to ask... did you guys see Winter's Bone? My personal opinion is that they couldn't have found a better choice.

It doesn't matter how good of an actress she is (and I think she's amazing!). She doesn't fit how Katniss was described in the books (in my opinion of course!). If an actress doesn't have the look, that ruins it for most just as much as a bad actress would.

I'm hoping the movie is good, but not a replacement for the books.

To explain further: I love the Harry Potter movies. I LOVE the books a lot more. I think the reason I don't hate the movies is because I kind of think of them as separate from the books. Or, in addition to, maybe. So, I can still enjoy them, even though I love the books so much. If that makes any sense to anyone else but me :lmao:

It doesn't matter how good of an actress she is (and I think she's amazing!). She doesn't fit how Katniss was described in the books (in my opinion of course!). If an actress doesn't have the look, that ruins it for most just as much as a bad actress would.

Im sure they'll dye her hair.

District 1 Tributes Glimmer and Marvel have been cast.

Levin Rambim, who I remember from All My Children. I'm SHOCKED by this casting. However, I think that is based on her AMC role. Glimmer is a career tribute. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1628079/

Jack Quaid, the only Jack Quaid I know is Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's son. He has no acting credits.

ETA - the gossip world has Elizabeth Banks set to play Effie. I can see that though I would prefer Kristen Chenoweth. However, I'm not 100% set to believe this casting as Banks was a leader in EWs dream cast poll. Some of the gossip sites might be taking that as her casting. But if true, I like this one enough.

My boys are over the top excited! I actually have not even read the book(s?) yet; but I have heard them talk about it a lot.... I will have to get to reading....

Liked the books quite a bit ... even read a second time a bit later. SSB has hope that they'll do a good job! (fingers crossed)

I haven't read them yet, but according to my pre-teen daughter, everyone thinks book 2 was weak but book 3 is better.

To be fair, I didn''t think book one was the be-all-end-all either. It was decent, but not the "ZOMG it's-so-awesome" thing people made it out to be.

just as long as Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress, I'll be happy... dont want another Kristen Stewart type to ruin the movies for me :P but thats just me :teeth:

I liked the whole concept of the books. It is fresh and daring, IMHO. No, it isn't the best written books out there but I was very entertained and anxious to read the next books.

As for the movie, I don't know enough about the actress they chose but did think the girl from True Grit was closer in age and description to what I pictured Katniss to be. I think the guys they chose for Peeta and Gale are good matches. I think this movie is going to need strong performaces from the actors as there won't be a lot of splash costumes, sceenery or special effects to take up space. It should be interesting to see how they pull it off.

I liked the whole concept of the books. It is fresh and daring, IMHO. No, it isn't the best written books out there but I was very entertained and anxious to read the next books.

As for the movie, I don't know enough about the actress they chose but did think the girl from True Grit was closer in age and description to what I pictured Katniss to be. I think the guys they chose for Peeta and Gale are good matches. I think this movie is going to need strong performaces from the actors as there won't be a lot of splash costumes, sceenery or special effects to take up space. It should be interesting to see how they pull it off.

Oh, I think that the tributes' costumes, especially Katniss' and Peeta's are "splash costumes"....

I hope they don't ruin the movie. Although it'd be kinda hard to make it PG-13 with its dark subject matter of kids killing kids for the amusement of the Capitol.

As for the movie, I don't know enough about the actress they chose but did think the girl from True Grit was closer in age and description to what I pictured Katniss to be. I think the guys they chose for Peeta and Gale are good matches.

Yes, same here. Hmmm.

Loved the books- even Catching Fire! So glad my middle school daughter's English teacher got her reading them- then got me hooked as well. Looking forward to the movies as well. I sure hope they get close to the books in tone and pacing, like the Harry Potters did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter