The Honeymoon "Fantasies" are made of! *PTR*

Kristi -- here is my suggestion. Since you have joined our thread, and we have over a year and a half to chat in there...maybe you will find a couple in there that you think you would enjoy sitting with. Then just link your ressie's and you can sit at a 4 topper for dinner. Hope this helps...past experience talking here...LOL

Haha VERY good point!! Thank you for the suggestion :goodvibes I think deep down I do want table mates lol!

Bobby wants the first one, but I had the same reservations about it as you! I keep saying "maybe we should request seating for 2?" and he's like "oh come on..." haha... he would rather have table mates, I think. I feel like if I do request seating for just the 2 of us, we will probably miss out on great experiences with other people, or get bored just looking at each other while people around us laugh and have fun. But at the same time i'm afraid if I don't, we'll have a bad experience! LOL.. It's kind of a tough decision to make!

Yeah, I've had similar thoughts. I'm sure most people who cruise are very nice but I'd be more comfortable with people in my age group. We booked through AAA and our travel agent was saying that they try to do this, but I'm skeptical! :rotfl:

I don't think I missed it, but do you know what cabin type/deck you'll be on? Picking a room was my favorite part of booking the trip (definitely more fun than paying!). I always thought you just picked a category, not the specific cabin, so it was fun poring over the little map the agent gave us.

Yeah, I've had similar thoughts. I'm sure most people who cruise are very nice but I'd be more comfortable with people in my age group. We booked through AAA and our travel agent was saying that they try to do this, but I'm skeptical! :rotfl:

I don't think I missed it, but do you know what cabin type/deck you'll be on? Picking a room was my favorite part of booking the trip (definitely more fun than paying!). I always thought you just picked a category, not the specific cabin, so it was fun poring over the little map the agent gave us.

I didn't get a map to pour over :worried: Haha, but that's okay. We are in cabin 6072. We FINALLY booked it, after much much much holding off. Hence why we are in CAT 5D probably. From what I am seeing, those are family staterooms?

Not sure on that gotta do some more research. :surfweb: :goodvibes

Oops never mind, it's not a family one, whew I was afraid we got stuck paying for way more room than we need, lol. It's On deck 6, deluxe oceanview w verandah :) which deck are you in?

I can't believe how long it's been since I've been active on the boards! Wow, sorry to fall off the wagon like that. Bobby just graduated from college this month with his teaching degree, and currently he is sending resumes out like CRAZY to find himself an art teacher job :) There are surprisingly many that pop up available in NC and that's where we've been focusing our search.

But I imagine saving for the wedding and disneymoon will get a little more complicated when he finally lands one and we deal with relocating! Yikes... but at least we have all this excitement to look forward to, regardless of how we may struggle in the coming months :thumbsup2

So like I just posted before, our stateroom # is 6072 and we are in a CAT5D, deluxe oceanview w verandah room. I have been SCOURING the web looking for exact photos of the stateroom, but haven't found anything :(. It's really no biggie because they are comparable to just about all the others haha! But sometimes you just like to see!

We finally decided on the second dinner seating also. I figure this way we won't have to rush in to make our seating on port days. And we can always order some room service appetizers to hold us over! :thumbsup2

LOVING all of the recent fantasy trip reports, I can't get enough photos!

Right now I'm mainly beating the winter blues by trying to think of what to do in the various ports. Not sure if I just want to go with no plans and mosey about, or if time would be better spent with a solid to do list. :confused3 Maybe some experienced cruisers can help me out on that one? Did you ever go with no plans and regret it after?

PS- to any Mod, please feel free to move this over to the Cruise Pre-Trip reports, I don't think that was around back when I started this!

Just saw this report. What wonderful plans you have for your wedding and honeymoon!

We rarely have excursions set for our port calls...we much prefer just going with the flow on our own. Since it's your honeymoon you may want to pick one port to choose something special to do. Since you are on the Eastern, I would suggest taking an excursion to Trunk Bay in St. Johns while in port at St. Thomas. It's quite beautiful and has spectacular snorkeling!

Happy Planning!

Just saw this report. What wonderful plans you have for your wedding and honeymoon!

We rarely have excursions set for our port calls...we much prefer just going with the flow on our own. Since it's your honeymoon you may want to pick one port to choose something special to do. Since you are on the Eastern, I would suggest taking an excursion to Trunk Bay in St. Johns while in port at St. Thomas. It's quite beautiful and has spectacular snorkeling!

Happy Planning!

Thanks! :goodvibes

And thank you for the suggestion, I brought it up with him and he said that sounds really nice! And I think you're right, it will be a nice experience to remember from our honeymoon. He is a fan of the snorkeling, it seems! :) Offered up the other experiences (old sugar mill?) and he said he'd rather do a beachy one!

I am a horrible "sun sitter" so my challenge for myself in this entire vacation will be to learn how to sit still in some sand (or on a lounger on board) and relax! And the snorkeling will be a nice diversion for sure. So excited to experience those waters!

So we have decided to drive down to Disney rather than fly. We found out from our TA that going through Disney for airfare would land us about $1200 for the both of us, plus another $100 fee for coming down early before the cruise, a "deviation" he called it.

He said independently we could get airfare for around $350 a person, but my favorite thing about flying with Disney is that they take care of your luggage and get you to your resort so seamlessly. So flying wouldn't even be worth the hassle of bag checks anymore.

I think in this situation, it would benefit us to drive down. That way we don't have to worry about lugging our stuff around at the airport (since we wouldn't have disney to do it for us) AND we could leave our cooler weather clothes in the trunk when we park for the cruise, to have less to worry about. Besides, after gas and parking fees we STILL come out under 1200.

I think it should work out, we'll just have to figure out a decent hotel to stay the night in on the drive down and back, since we're in northeastern Ohio!

I already can't wait for December to come again! :santa:

You don't have to book flights through Disney to take advantage of Magical Express transportation! Look at booking your own if you can save $$

You don't have to book flights through Disney to take advantage of Magical Express transportation! Look at booking your own if you can save $$

I think we are pretty committed to the thought of driving now! And I never believed this would happen, but my fiance agreed to spending some time in DTD after the cruise! :hyper: So I shall practice my patience and wait to buy the majority of our souvenirs ;)

So after talking to the man, we've decided to do the St. John Champagne and Snorkel excursion. I feel like there are so many things I'd like to do and I know that you have to be selective and not stress over getting things done, especially on a honeymoon for god's sake! But this has me thinking sneaky thoughts like booking another cruise on board :rolleyes1

This is currently a no-no because he and I agreed that we would refrain from spending copious amounts of money in the year or so after the wedding in an effort to establish some serious savings and pay off any debt we have left by then.

But maybe if I can book it far enough in advance it would be out of the vacation-ban period? Ha! Hopeful much? I know it's something I would have to discuss with him, but I think I'll bring it up on board when he's having the TIME OF HIS LIFE, or when we're digging our toes in the sand on serenity bay ;)

Is it crazy that I haven't been on ONE cruise, yet I already want to book a second? :stir:

Another thought lately has been focused on pirate night. We don't mind pirates. We like Jack Sparrow! But I think for our honeymoon, the night would be better spent at Palo or Remy? I have read that the pirate fun doesn't necessarily go on in the MDR's besides the menu and music. Was I confused when I read this or is this true? Even still, I thought that might be a good opportunity to indulge in some serious fancy dining. We are leaning toward Remy because we love Ratatouille (the movie...we have two fancy rats! - cutest things ever!) and french things (me mostly)...

I had to laugh because when I first told him there was a pirate night on board, he was like "Oh.. really" and he didn't show much enthusiasm for it at first. But yesterday I was thinking about it at work (this is all I do when I'm at work and not working (like now)- dream of the cruise) and sent him a text asking if he'd like to skip the pirate night and eat at palo or remy and his response was so enthusiastic that I was like ... thank god I asked!

I'm also wondering if we should get rainforest passes, or just sort of enjoy the ship as it is without hunkering down in the spa all week long. It's been hard for me to decide on some things, because as a first time cruiser I would like to experience many things, but since it will be our honeymoon I also find my thoughts steering more in the pampering direction. :confused3

I'm sure not many people would regret the rainforest, but what if I get home and I'm like man! I barely ever lounged by the pool! :rolleyes: These are the things I concern myself with all day.

Oh well, those are some of the things swirling about at the moment. I also cannot wait to go to skyline and get the passport, that's going to happen on day 1 !!! And hopefully some sign ups for mixology classes or similar. Anywho, thanks for reading :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter