• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Holly-Holiday Parade at MGM

grahamsgirl

'Somethimes you can't make it on your own'
Hey Everyone !
I have a question regarding the MGM Holly Holiday Parade - it seems to be one of Disney's best kept secrets :ssst: ! I have seen pictures of this parade on various different sites, it seems to be Stars and Cars but decked out for Christmas. We will be holidaying at 'the world' from 14/11/2005 - 28/11/2005 and I noticed at lot of other holiday parades etc... will be on whilst we are there, ie Mickey's Jingle- Jammin parade, the Candlelight Processional,the Osbourne Lights etc.. and was wondering about this one as we have photos of the regular parade from last time, and haven't been over the holidays before, However when I e-mailed Disney enquiring when this parade would start - they denied all knowledge :rolleyes1 !! Please help DISer's out there so I know I am not cracking up :crazy:

Look under the November park hours and look for the parade it will list the time. Usually around 3 or 3:30pm. When you arrive at the parks usually they have the schedules of parades and shows for that day.

We were there on Monday, Nov 27th in 2004 and the parade had switched to the Holiday version. I would plan it for your last day and you should luck out.

I noticed on the disney calender that osburne lights will be on during the last couple days of your visit and it says holly hollywood parade(content missing). So i'm guessing the parades will at least be happening from Thanksgiving(Nov. 24th) and on. Susan

It is pretty cool parade everyone is decked out for the holidays!! I have pics but not sure how to post them.

We liked this the best! Loved the older Christmas tunes... MGM usually dioes its xmas switch the Wed before Thanksgiving. Nov 23rd. Osborne lights should be on as well.

Here are some pics from the parade that we took in 2003.

MGM-Xmas-Parade-.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Aladdin.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Ariel.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Bear.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Herc.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Monsters.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Mulan.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Toys.jpg

MGM-Xmas-Parade-Santa.jpg

Those photos are fantastic ! Thanks for the information everyone - at least I know I am not cracking up and there is a Hollywood Holly Day Parade at MGM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Ok,now I have to go back for Christmas again. We were there in 03 and never knew they did this! Darn....they didn't even have the Osbourne Lights that year!!

Those pics are wonderful! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to go! Not that I ever could but it's worse now. :goodvibes My 5 yr old DDs came in the room as I was looking at the pics and just about knocked me off the chair when I told them that's one of the places we'll be going to. I can't wait to see their reactions when we are actually there!

I've never watched the MGM parade. I'm gonna be there in Mid November- when should I go to stake my place for this parade?

I have not seen the Holly Hollywood Parade - but for Stars in Cars we stake out a spot about 30 mins before parade, usually by Star Tours. Can't wait to see Christmas version this year though!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking on the disney website yesterday and noticed that the AK parade will also turn into it's Christmas version the week before Thanksgiving- just giving a heads up to anyone interested!

grahamsgirl- thanks for the advice on timing for the parade

Those pics are great! Our kids don't know about their trip to WDW in December and seeing those pics makes it even harder not to tell them! My husband is the planner and I will have to make sure he gets info for that parade-we can't miss it! :cool1:

I read today that both the Osbourne Lights and the holiday version of the Cars parade begin on the 14th of November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter