The Haunted Mansion

it was rumored for a long time that Guillermo del Toro would direct the movie. anything has to be better than the last adaptation!

i really wish they would've allowed Tim Burton to do it in stop animation! his films and style would compliment this theme and story he gets to do the dark gothic thing but with a lighter twist can you imagine! Johnny Depp and Helen Bohnem Carter would of course be in it but again it would be another big hit for disney

not a big fan of Ryan Gosling! but i will save judgment until i see the film... if it ever comes out its been rumored for years!

** edit **
Just been doing some research and found the below this movie has been in development hell for around 5 years!

"July 22, 2010, at San Diego Comic-Con International that a new film based on Disney's The Haunted Mansion was in development with Guillermo del Toro writing and producing"

I wish I still had the link. There's a teaser video online. It's brief and feature a stretching portrait of the Hatbox Ghost. Not sure how official it is though

I found the reboot trailer teaser on youtube here it is
I really do hope that this is true cause the original movie was not that great.

The Eddie Murphy movie had some cute moments but sadly was not that great. I think if they had cut the budget and made it a direct to video or a Disney Channel Movie there would be less complaints about it. Wallace Shawn was the best part. I am excited for the new movie and wish they would make more movies based on Disney Rides. People Mover The Motion Picture would be epic! -Jon Favreau should direct it.

The Eddie Murphy movie had some cute moments but sadly was not that great. I think if they had cut the budget and made it a direct to video or a Disney Channel Movie there would be less complaints about it. Wallace Shawn was the best part. I am excited for the new movie and wish they would make more movies based on Disney Rides. People Mover The Motion Picture would be epic! -Jon Favreau should direct it.

I agree. Eddie Murphy had some moments that really stood out but the overall movie was just not that great in my opinion. Favreau is a good choice in director, though he does more action movies than anything. I'm really curious to see if del Toro will actually create a new version as his visual creativity is amazing to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter