• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The hardest part when planning a trip

Zooshoveller

WAR EAGLE
Is picking a resort!

DH and I are planning an adults only weekend trip next fall, and we have narrowed it down to YC, BC, or BW. (In that order)

We are also planning our next family trip for Spring 2015. The kids are helping this time, and so far we haven't narrowed down a single one! LOL Luckily we have a while to plan!

When you're stuck between 2, how to you pick one?

I agree. Picking the resort(s) is the hardest part. Deciding on ADRs is also difficult because it involves coordination with what-park/what-day, long before you arrive. We haven't stayed at too many different Disney resorts. After some trial and error, we all agree that we love POR and POFQ, and we go there again and again (and again). However, this time I have decided, on my own, that we're breaking from tradition. Big time. I have made reservations for Ft Wilderness Cabins, followed by Contemporary Garden Wing. If successful, maybe the family will move on from POR/POFQ. I'm doing the driving, so it's my secret. Only problem is we won't do FP+ until we get there because the family will learn where we're staying.

I usually want to try and stay somewhere new each trip, so it all depends on who's coming with me & what they can afford. If Im doing a quick solo trip, i'll stay deluxe, otherwise it'll POFQ or a value! Lol

POFQ was my favorite of the mods, so its a nice hotel for the price you pay! It'll definitely be a "home" resort for me for a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter