The happyhaunts go South... the endless trip report!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We consider riding Maelstrom but I'm already depressed, enough, so we take a pass on the King of the Fastpasses...
Malestrom is a fastpass?!

The thing about that joke is, you see it coming, but there's nothing really you can do to stop it. Evidently, I'm more interested in posting on your thread than in adding anything to mine. Or working on the files on my desk.

You liked the food at Le Cellier? You've obviously never eaten at the PORiverside food court.

Mumbler said:
the only thing missing now is a Napolean Dynamite reference and you'll be truly golden!

WHAT! How many more times do I have to say "buttload" today, people?! Gosh! Not to mention "lygger". While, technically, NOT "liger"... it's pretty darn close. Gosh! But... I'll TRY to do better. Obviously I'm being too obscure.

What the FLIP did you think I was doin'? Gosh. Gosh. I know. I'll stop. Now.

ZZUB said:
You've obviously never eaten at the PORiverside food court.

First of all, ZZUB... it's a FOOD COURT! And, secondly, after hearing that YOU ate FOUR cheesesteaks in ONE week there... I'm eating NEITHER cheese NOR steak NOR ham until... Passover. I think.

Get to your TRIP REPORT! Now. Or else I'll have to get out my Bo staff. I'm pretty good with a Bo staff.

Mel, you're quite the talent and I have absolutely loved your report, your family and various asides, branches, references to ND and Seinfeld, etc.

Scarface used to be one of my favorite movies. The fiirst time I saw it was soon after it was released and I thought it extremely bloody and yes, quite exciting. We bought it a few months ago and it ... I dunno ... wasn't nearly as bloody or something. My favorite line.

Hey! My first kid was 9 lb, 15-1/2 oz and he tried and tried and tried to get out of me (for hours), so they had to perform a C-section and I named him Conehead. He was one strange looking baby for a few days til his head finally settled down.

I will be sad to see the last of your reports. They have been a hoot!

Oh, by the way....those huge cans of tuna? They taste way better than the small cans. Just make them up into small packages in foil, put them in a freezer bag and freeze. Take them out whenever you want them. I do this all the time and there is only the two of us.

I just looked back at the very first post on this thread and I can't believe that I've been reading it for the better part of 2 MONTHS! A novel lasts me a night or maybe two. So I just want to say thank you. Thank you for entertaining me through the most tedious of the winter months (yes, I'm Canadian too). Thank you for reminding me of my fondest Disney memories. Thank you for sharing your family's quirks and thank you for sharing them with such detail and wit. I'm way past taking applications for new friends, but I can't help but feel like I know you now. Maybe exceptions should be made for new DIS-friends.

Who knew back in January that the title of this report would turn out to be so appropriate? I wish that it really was endless.

Thanks Mel.

Okay I've decided we must be identical cousins or something Mel!!
So many things alike!! My Cassidy's first name was banana as she took her sweet time coming out....3 hours of pushing and the suction cup fell off!!! The top of her head added three inches I think to her length :teeth:

Okay on pg 26 of 30 and must... go... to... bed... Thanks to nothing fun on the Olympics ( aka no figure skating Mens skiing OR Chad Hedrick ) I've read this far tongiht AND got NO laundry done. If my DD goes to school w/out clean uniform pants I'll blame it on you :teeth:

LOVING everything about your trip. I cannot wait to finish it tomorrow.

NIGHTY!

1000thhappyhaunt said:
You can all rejoice, now. Because this trip report is nearly finished. Nearly. But not QUITE. To be continued...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What am I going to read now? I guess it's a good thing though. It's nearly the end of the month and I should really do some work. :rolleyes: Maybe you could just start a report of the everyday life of the happyhaunts. :thumbsup2

Loving Loving Loving your trip reports!!!

You need to go see some of the other Disney's and the rides...I see we like a few of the same ones..I was in the Disneyland Paris this weekend (hubby is in the military and we live in Germany)...

POTC..has 2 drops in it...awesome drops..not big though they let me take the baby on it..and a guy that looks like Orlando that works it..yumm...

BTMRR..is on an Island..that it tooo tooo cool

No Splashmountain..too durn cold

Haunted Mansion..had a few different scenes the American one doesn't have and is a totally different house...

and sadly I am one of those parents who bribe and cajole my kids into riding something..my 11 year old didn't want to ride RNRC and I bribed, she cried, I bribed, she rode...and then proceeded to ride 4 more times...kids.. :confused3

1000thhappyhaunt said:
...Because every time I pull it over his head and stretch it down until his head pops out... I get the willies. You see, Tommy was a big baby...
:lmao: :lmao: ....seriously... :lmao: :lmao: ...that's too classic! :lmao: :lmao:

1000thhappyhaunt said:
...The nurse asked what we were going to name him as I was lying there receiving a record number of stitches... and I said "Lollipop".

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: ...you're killing me over here... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I don't like letting my daughter (born 8pounds 7ounces) wear turtle necks. After reading these lines I'm wondering if, subconsciously, that's why I WON'T buy her one. :smooth:

I absolutely love your report! Definitely the best on the boards! I check in daily for updates, get my kicks and giggles and continue about my day while looking forward to the next post. I am amazed that you can remember such details about the trip. WOW!

So sad the trip is almost over...can't you drag it out a little longer?

OMG - I had no idea who in the he!! Philip Seymour Hoffman was so I googled him and now I'm ROFLMAO (which translates to rolling on the floor, laughing my a$$ off - I think)
Steve Bushemi I'll give you, Severus Snape - okay (especially in Love Actually), but I've got to stop you at this one! I'm sorry but this guy is just plain goofy looking!!!
Just kidding, I think.
I'm poised and awaiting your next installment!!! because I love, love, love your writing style and your sense of humor!

Mumbler said:
OMG - I had no idea who in the he!! Philip Seymour Hoffman was so I googled him and now I'm ROFLMAO

Hey, hey, whoa, whoa! He's a FABULOUS actor. FABULOUS!!!! He disappears COMPLETELY in character. Plus... he's cuddly. I think. But... he's actually quite hot in Almost Famous... as Lester Bangs. But... if he even, ever, SLIGHTLY creeps you out... don't watch him in Happiness. That is a strange movie. Unsettling... to say the least. The very least. But... I enjoyed it. A lot. It's not very mainstream though. Not at all. And, it's not even an indie either. It's done very simply so that you feel like you are a fly on the wall. The people seem incredibly flawed but real, too. All of the characters are done so well. Don't even have your kids in the house when/if you watch it. It's not fodder for minors. Plus... it's no "FEEL GOOD" flick. Yarrr... be ye warned!!!!

Hey... I appreciate ALL the wonderful feedback which everyone has been posting to this thread. Thanks so much... by the way. Just didn't get a chance to get back to it today. Hopefully back tomorrow. Mel.

smilie said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What am I going to read now? I guess it's a good thing though. It's nearly the end of the month and I should really do some work. :rolleyes: Maybe you could just start a report of the everyday life of the happyhaunts. :thumbsup2

I second this!

OK, I'm still only partway through...Dec 17th I think? That's 43 pages in Word, by the way. Two columns, landscape for maximum printability. :)

Anyway, I was just reading in the bathtub and was cracking up over the donut baby conversation. And the aside about Calvin losing it on the ferry and him being so proud that he practically filled the bag! OMG, so funny!

Thanks for posting...I love your writing! And the details!

J and R's mom said:
:lmao: :lmao: ....seriously... :lmao: :lmao: ...that's too classic! :lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: ...you're killing me over here... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I don't like letting my daughter (born 8pounds 7ounces) wear turtle necks. After reading these lines I'm wondering if, subconsciously, that's why I WON'T buy her one. :smooth:

Okay my Cassidy was born at 8lb 10oz and hates wearing turtlenecks...heck she still has a big head....I think it all may correlate! :magnify:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter