The Handbasket Trio, 12/11! - Postponed 7/11

Hi Dana! :wave2:

Love the Eeyore! Ever since you gave your buh-bye on 13, the LTP posts have been rather pleasant....:rolleyes1 if you know what I mean.

I'm not going to make any assumptions just yet, but perhaps we could all come back if we're lucky and have happy times again. :hug:

:wave2: Love the Eeyore.

(Down in salt mines today and tomorrow).

Isn't it cute? :) It's on my shelf next to the Freddy and Jason figures that my brother got me for Christmas.

Hi Dana! :wave2:

Love the Eeyore! Ever since you gave your buh-bye on 13, the LTP posts have been rather pleasant....:rolleyes1 if you know what I mean.

I'm not going to make any assumptions just yet, but perhaps we could all come back if we're lucky and have happy times again. :hug:

Hi! :yay: I should be back around soon. I just couldn't deal with the nonsense over there.

Dana...hope you'll visit 12 and 13 soon...

I'll come back soon :)

Hi! :yay: I should be back around soon. I just couldn't deal with the nonsense over there.

PIO sort of talked some sense last night. Still a lot of issues, but hopefully we won't see as much of the annoying stuff any more.

This afternoon, I went by Cherry's house and spent a couple hours hanging out with her. We're both having a rough time right now, for different reasons, and we decided to talk about the Disney trip to try and take our minds of of everything going on.

SO.

We've decided that we're going to switch to a mod! Cherry really wants access to a hot tub, and I think it would also work out for having a fridge and coffee pot in the room. We're most likely going to stay at POR. Cherry wants to check out going to Universal for a day to go to WWOHP, but I don't know for sure just yet. We've also changed the days a bit because Cherry doesn't know when her DS will be out of school for the holidays. So our dates are 12/3-6 or 7. I'd prefer the five days, especially if we do WWOHP, but I don't know.

Right now, this is our tentative plan:

12/3 (Saturday): Early flights into Orlando, probably WWOHP if we do that. We'll likely get dinner at the Three Broomsticks (OOP). Cherry said she'd get a rental car to head over to Universal, since that might be cheaper than cabs round trip.
12/4 (Sunday): Relax at the hotel, then lunch at GF in the tea room, massages at the spa, and then MVMCP. Breakfast at POR, tea is OOP, and then dinner somewhere in MK, possibly Crystal Palace.
12/5 (Monday): Epcot. Lunch at Tokyo Dining, dinner at a CS somewhere.
12/6 (Tuesday): DHS, then airport if we're leaving that day. Lunch at Sci-Fi, dinner at POR (if we're leaving).
12/7 (Wednesday): IF we leave this day, DTD, then airport. If we DON'T leave on Tuesday, then we'll grab lunch at Raglan Road on this day.

I can make our ADRs on June 6, 3 weeks from today. Molly's going to be in town for my birthday (June 3) and will be here until June 7. So on June 6, the four of us are going to the Museum of Science and Industry. At some point before or after, I'm going to make our ADRs. I need to redo our spreadsheet, too, with the changes.

:cool1: For staying in a Mod. Hopefully you'll get one of the newly refurb rooms at POR??

I love your Jim Shore Eeyore! :lovestruc

Yay for switching to a mod! :thumbsup2 I love talking about Disney plans when I'm having a rough time. It always makes me feel better! :goodvibes

I love your Jim Shore Eeyore! :lovestruc

Yay for switching to a mod! :thumbsup2 I love talking about Disney plans when I'm having a rough time. It always makes me feel better! :goodvibes

:lmao: When I opened the box, the first thing that popped into mind was "OMG I MUST SHOW JONI" :)

I really think we'll like the mod. I've wanted to stay at POR for a long time, and I really think that Cherry's DS will like having both pools at his disposal, and we'll all like the hot tub. We're planning on going to the spa at the GF, too :teeth: But yeah, talking about or researching Disney always makes me feel better. When I get lonely (as in dating), I invariably wind up daydreaming about my dream Disney wedding :bride: :rotfl: But yeah, I doubt that'll ever happen.

Yay for switching to POR! I really liked it there in November, I'd definitely stay there again! I do want to try the other 3 mods too, though, but I love the location of POR, it's right down the street from Epcot! :banana:

Yay for switching to POR! I really liked it there in November, I'd definitely stay there again! I do want to try the other 3 mods too, though, but I love the location of POR, it's right down the street from Epcot! :banana:

Yeah, everyone that I know who's stayed there has loved it, including you guys :) I want to try all the resorts :rotfl2: One of the reasons I love POR is the proximity to DTD. Molly would love to have a meal at Raglan Road, since she's full-blooded Irish. If we could go for dinner, that would be best, since they have the dancers, but I don't think we can fit it in for dinner. If we stay until the 7th, we can go for lunch on the last day. Otherwise, we'll have to cancel it. Cherry found out about Star Wars Weekends yesterday and wants to go to that next year :lmao:

Yay! We stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings. It was beautiful. The GF spa is awesome! We did that, I think on that same trip. It was so nice!

Your ADRs sound great, either I love the place or can't wait to try them.

:hug: on planning. I completely understand how it makes the blues go away.

Yay! We stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings. It was beautiful. The GF spa is awesome! We did that, I think on that same trip. It was so nice!

Your ADRs sound great, either I love the place or can't wait to try them.

:hug: on planning. I completely understand how it makes the blues go away.

I think I worked there for a week when I was on my first CP (it was either Riverside or French Quarter, but I think it was Riverside), but I've never stayed there :lmao: I've never been to a spa and have only had one manicure and one pedicure in my life, so I think that'll be a great way to start the trip out :)

I absolutely can't wait :yay: I think the tea room might have to just be tea, since they don't open until 2pm and I was hoping we could get Crystal Palace for close to 4 since we're going to MVMCP that night.

Yeah, I think most of us on the Dis do :lmao: It just makes me feel better to have something to look forward to.

So, we're not entirely sure right now if this trip is still going to happen. I'm currently out of work (long story, but my Lasting friends know what happened), and Cherry finally started a new job yesterday. If it doesn't, we've been discussing rescheduling it for May 2012, since Cherry's birthday is May 1, Molly's is May 18, and mine's June 3, and we'd also have Star Wars Weekends to look forward to. But, just in case, I decided to book our ADRs!

Sunday, December 4 - Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace - 4:30pm
This ADR will be before MVMCP, and I wanted one around 4pm so that we could have dinner before the party and after the party ticket will give us access to the park. This was the closest I could get :lmao:

Monday, December 5 - Epcot
Tokyo Dining - 1:20pm
I was originally going to do a Le Cellier ADR, but I decided to go with Tokyo Dining instead. The other three are MUCH more adventurous with their dining options than I am, so I really think they'll enjoy this.

Tuesday, December 6 - DHS
Sci Fi Dine In - 11:45am
I love this restaurant, and I really think the others will as well. We're a bunch of geeks, so I really think they'll enjoy the layout and theming. Plus, the food's not too bad :lmao:

If we stay another day:
Wednesday, December 7 - DTD
Raglan Road - 11:45am
Molly's full-blooded Irish and I'm 25% Irish. I really enjoyed Raglan on my last trip, so I think they'll like it, too.

I was hoping to get an ADR for the Gardenview Tea Room, but I couldn't find anything available for the time we'd need. If the plans for WWOHP change, I'm sure I can find a reservation for that day. I think I'm going to look and book a late ADR for that on our arrival day just in case, since I know that's something Cherry really wants to do.

Honestly, I don't know what the crowds will be like at WWOHP, and I don't want to arrive there in mid-afternoon and spend 2 hours waiting just to get into a shop. Every review I've read of it has said that if you want to actually do anything without spending an eternity in line, you need to get there when it opens. Unfortunately, we'd need to leave the night before if we wanted to do that, and I don't think the others are up for that. I mentioned the insane crowds to Molly and she said she wanted to do it anyway. I just don't think it would be a good idea, but I also have absolutely no intention of spending upwards of an hour in line just for a ride or a shop. Especially considering that I fly Southwest, Cherry flies what's cheapest with Priceline, and Molly will be flying in from Pennsylvania. We'd have to wait for EVERYONE to get there before we could even leave for IOA, and that can be a big problem with flight schedules and delays. Given the facts, I personally would rather spend that first day lazing around at the resort and going to the tea room for lunch and then finding someplace fun to have dinner. I also can't really justify spending the extra money on the IOA tickets AND a rental car or round trip cabs, but that's just me.

So, that's what's going on right now. We're still somewhat up in the air, but, hey, that happens. We'll figure it out :) Heck, my last trip, I booked in mid-July for late October :lmao: At least with this, it's not until December :)

Yay, you finally got to make ADR's, they look good! I hope your trip happens, but if not, it's nice to know you can reschedule for May! :thumbsup2 I loved WDW in May, I really hope to go next year again! :banana:

Yay, you finally got to make ADR's, they look good! I hope your trip happens, but if not, it's nice to know you can reschedule for May! :thumbsup2 I loved WDW in May, I really hope to go next year again! :banana:

Thanks :teeth: I also did two "just in case" ADRs for the day we get there, in case we decide not to go to IOA. There's the tea room at 3:50, and then dinner at Raglan Road at 8pm. I figure if we do Raglan Road that night, we can skip it on the last day and hit up Earl of Sandwich instead :)

I've been there in May before, but not as a proper guest :lmao: I think it might also be just the three of us if we go then, since Cherry's DS would be in school and I don't know if she'd want to pull him out for a couple days for the trip.

:banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter