The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

We are 17 days out. Booked a VGT on the Dream and are anxiously awaiting a room assignment. It seems that around the 13 day mark, room assignments magically appear. Don't care where we are, just as long as we are on a Disney ship:goodvibes

VowRenewal13 said:
We are 17 days out. Booked a VGT on the Dream and are anxiously awaiting a room assignment. It seems that around the 13 day mark, room assignments magically appear. Don't care where we are, just as long as we are on a Disney ship:goodvibes

Always true!

Love this thread and have been stalking it to see what rooms are assigned!

My turn: Booked Vgt Wonder MR, 70 days out! We received 6536 (5C) at the 12 day mark! :cool1: I am happy, we saved almost half off a regular booking! Can't wait to sail! It is a connecting room, which I don't like, but we are probably noisier than some! :rotfl2: Anyone who has had this room or area any comments?

I did not realize this could change once assigned!?! I kind of thought we would get a higher cat as it is our anniversary and I noted it on the ressie, but still happy! Hey we are cruising on a Disney Cruise!

ORDisneyfans said:
Love this thread and have been stalking it to see what rooms are assigned!

My turn: Booked Vgt Wonder MR, 70 days out! We received 6536 (5C) at the 12 day mark! :cool1: I am happy, we saved almost half off a regular booking! Can't wait to sail! It is a connecting room, which I don't like, but we are probably noisier than some! :rotfl2: Anyone who has had this room or area any comments?

I did not realize this could change once assigned!?! I kind of thought we would get a higher cat as it is our anniversary and I noted it on the ressie, but still happy! Hey we are cruising on a Disney Cruise!

We sailed Cat 12 (back before they were recategorized) GTY for our first cruise (also anniversary) and sailed as such. Never book GTY unless you're happy at that level! Pixie dust upgrades, although possible are very rare!

Magic 2/15/13 Sailing
Booked 9C GTY assigned 9C 2616

Based on most of the posts I expected the room to be assigned closer to the sailing date. I think the last time I looked was about a week ago. Today is 100 days out from our sailing.

Booked a Standard Inside 11B. Got upgraded to a 9C Deluxe Oceanview.

Generally excited, but now I wonder if the Inside magic porthole would be better than a real porthole? Normally I wanna see the views, but for this trip, I actually don't really like the port of calls. I just wanna be on a Disney Cruise.

Got it 10 days out - booked a VGT on the Dream, ended up in 10604 which is a 4A, correct? Happy to be midship, not thrileed about pool decks above, but don't anticipate being in the room much during the day, kids don't nap, etc.

This is good, right?

Yes...it's a 4A category. :thumbsup2

Happy Sails!!! :cheer2:

loucks96 said:
Woo-hoo!!! I just checked #7120!!!! So excited!! :woohoo:

On what ship? We are recently off of the Fantasy and had 7122. We liked the location except it was far away from laundry which wasn't a huge deal.

We booked a 9A GTY room for the Magic in January and received a room number today. Is it possible that this room number could change or will this be our room for the cruise? TIA!

Do they have GTY 11C stateroom? I have seen 11B GTY but haven't seens any for 11C. Currently we have 11C booked with staterooms assigned, but if we want a better chance for free upgrade, should I change them to 11B?

We booked a GTY for our first cruise (I had no idea what it meant) because that was all that was available in our price range. We are sailing on March 10 and we received our room assignment yesterday--Room 7684, cat. 6B. It is our 30th anniversary so we just wanted a balcony room. It doesn't matter to us where it is so I'm happy with it. It seems a bit early to get a room assignment looking at everyone else's information. I assume that won't change now so we will plan on that room. Now to wait and plan!!

We booked a GTY for our first cruise (I had no idea what it meant) because that was all that was available in our price range. We are sailing on March 10 and we received our room assignment yesterday--Room 7684, cat. 6B. It is our 30th anniversary so we just wanted a balcony room. It doesn't matter to us where it is so I'm happy with it. It seems a bit early to get a room assignment looking at everyone else's information. I assume that won't change now so we will plan on that room. Now to wait and plan!!

We're 54 days out and we don't have a room assignment yet! :confused3

(Actually, nature of the beast and all that. I don't mind; if I did, I wouldn't have booked GTY!) (I am just looking forward to v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n!)

sarbah77 said:
We're 54 days out and we don't have a room assignment yet! :confused3

(Actually, nature of the beast and all that. I don't mind; if I did, I wouldn't have booked GTY!) (I am just looking forward to v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n!)

I got my first cruise GTY sometime between 45 days and a month.

Just got my gty assignment today. We booked a 7a gty and got cabin 9652 which is a 7a cabin. Looks like a good one. Our cruise is March 31 on the 4 day Dream. We have never been on a Disney cruise.:)

we booked 2 vgt 5e because we had 2 adults and 2 kids and the vgt wasn't available for more than 3 people. just got my rooms 10626 and 10628 next to each other but not a door between them, 4a very pleased!!:cool1::worship: Priced out he one 4a for 4 and it was $2400 paid $1400 for two cabins.:beach:
Hope to have the balcony partition removed between them.

Got my GTY assignment today. We booked an 11C on the Wonder Feb. 21 and got a 9B, room 2060 Oceanview Deluxe. We are very happy!!! We were not expecting an upgrade, We just wanted to be in a Disney cruise for the Winter Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter