The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the best room for our family????, what we want is:

The closest possible room to Classic Hall. We would like the shortest possible walk to the food court, we have two small children and it is alot to haul them back and forth every time they want a snack, etc.

We have paid for a preferred room.

We have no preference on poolside or not.

We already have requested the front half of the 70's or 60's , but would like to be more specifice if I can?

TIA

was it loud on the first floor? Do they still have the peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich, and the sloppy joes for kids?:confused3

It wasn't loud at all. We were on the lake side though. It was always loud on the pool side every time we passed. We were glad we weren't there!

I don't remember sloppy joes or peanut butter marshmallow :confused: sandwiches. We only ate 2 meals outside of breakfast at pop though...LOL My little girl is pretty much on a chicken nugget program.

It wasn't loud at all. We were on the lake side though. It was always loud on the pool side every time we passed. We were glad we weren't there!

I don't remember sloppy joes or peanut butter marshmallow :confused: sandwiches. We only ate 2 meals outside of breakfast at pop though...LOL My little girl is pretty much on a chicken nugget program.

Thanks for the information we can't wait time is going too slow.:(

We already have requested the front half of the 70's or 60's , but would like to be more specifice if I can?

TIA

:wave: You've made a good request by letting them know where you'd like to be, but keeping it general. Might be a good idea to be familair with the POP map so you can work with them at check in for a location. If it is full then there will not be wiggle room for room selection, helps if you can check-in earlier in the day (even though room probably will not be ready). http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PopCenturyMap.pdf

We always ask very nicely about our room before they actually check us in to a specific room - if it is not where we hoped, we ask if they have anything in the area we prefer.

POP really not that large, esp. your requests :) We have walked much further to our room at CR, Poly, AKL, BC and Dolphin than our furthest 50's room at POP! And we had 2 little ones.

Have a wonderful trip!! :goodvibes

How quiet are buildings in the 70's or 80's section, we are hoping to get a quiet room but not too far from the bus stops and the food court. We have not made any specific requests just for a high floor quiet room. We really don't mind being around the rear of a pool side building.

How quiet are buildings in the 70's or 80's section, we are hoping to get a quiet room but not too far from the bus stops and the food court. We have not made any specific requests just for a high floor quiet room. We really don't mind being around the rear of a pool side building.

Hi
We stayed in building 10 (70's:hippie: ) on the 4th floor in room 433, and we had total quiet! It was pretty nice, but this time we are going to try to get pool side! LOL:dancer:

Hope you have a GREAT trip!
Dana

We were also in the 70s on the side opposite the Big wheel - it was very quiet - and there was an 80s building near us that would have been just as quiet. It was not a far walk to either the bus stop or the food court either.

we're going TOMORROW!!!

does anyone know anything about the character meet & greet at Epcot, for Disney Visa cardholders?

Do they charge you less if you don't want the souvenir cup? Can I bring my cup back each night and have them refill it? :drinking1
Petals Pool Bar MENU
NOTE: All menu items/prices are subject to change

NOTE: * Indicates buffet item and cost represents total cost of buffet.
Menu is subject to change.

Snack
Drinks

Selection of Draft & Bottled Beer - Priced $4.50 - $5.50
Selection of Drinks on the Rocks - Choose from Captain's Mai Tai or Poolside Lemonade. Souvenir cup included. - $9.50
Selection of Frozen Beverages - Choose from Pina CoLava, Orange Creamsicle, or Mango Margarita. Souvenir cup included. - $9.50
Selection of Non-Alcoholic Beverages - Choose from Sour Apple Freeze $3.99, Espresso Freeze $4.29, Full Throttle Energy Drink $4.25, and Evian bottled water $3.00​

we're going TOMORROW!!!

does anyone know anything about the character meet & greet at Epcot, for Disney Visa cardholders?

When we went last year, it was in Innoventions West, I believe. It was in the afternoon. You needed your Visa card. They had Pluto and Mickey when we were there and we got to get a gree 5 x 7 of one picture. It was really nice! have a great honeymoon!

we're going TOMORROW!!!

It is in the innoventions that has the fire safety exhibit. I think it starts at 1:30. You might want to get there a few minutes early as the lines can get long quickly. It is great because it is a totally private experience-no other guests in the room when you see the characters. They give you a photopass and voucher for a free 5x7. You get the 5x7 at the Kodak store near Spaceship Earth. And if you are buying the photopass CD you can add all these photos to that too.

Hi
We stayed in building 10 (70's:hippie: ) on the 4th floor in room 433, and we had total quiet! It was pretty nice, but this time we are going to try to get pool side! LOL:dancer:

Hope you have a GREAT trip!
Dana

Thanks Dana:disrocks: it's good to know :thumbsup2 We like a bit of peace and quiet when we get back to the room so hopefully that area of the resort should be great. It's wonderful to find out from guests who have already stayed there what their experiences were of the resort:surfweb:

we're going TOMORROW!!!

You've probably already left, but I just wanted to chime in that you HAVE to pick up your free pic in the park, otherwise it's not free.

We made that mistake!

Anybody? I know there is a Pop expert out there who knows the answer! (Also what does the souvenier cup look like?)
Do they charge you less if you don't want the souvenir cup? Can I bring my cup back each night and have them refill it? :drinking1
Petals Pool Bar MENU

Snack
Drinks

Selection of Drinks on the Rocks - Choose from Captain's Mai Tai or Poolside Lemonade. Souvenir cup included. - $9.50
Selection of Frozen Beverages - Choose from Pina CoLava, Orange Creamsicle, or Mango Margarita. Souvenir cup included. - $9.50
Selection of Non-Alcoholic Beverages - Choose from Sour Apple Freeze $3.99, Espresso Freeze $4.29, Full Throttle Energy Drink $4.25, and Evian bottled water $3.00​

You would THINK they would sell them without the cup! If you stay 5 nights, do you REALLY need 5 souviner cups! LOL I cant wait to hear the answer on this, i am looking forward to getting one of these fun drinks during our trip!

Thanks, Dana

Petals Pool Bar MENU

Snack
Drinks

I think the only cups they ahve are souveigner ones. And they aren't all that grand, but they aren't paper either, thus making them something you could keeep. In fact they gave me a few free ones for my DD. So I don't think the price would change, nor do they probably use any other cups.

I think the only cups they ahve are souveigner ones. And they aren't all that grand, but they aren't paper either, thus making them something you could keeep. In fact they gave me a few free ones for my DD. So I don't think the price would change, nor do they probably use any other cups.
Oh Man! LOL Well I will still budget in one, but may have to go without more. I wanted to try ALL of them! HEE HEE! Although I am NOT a drinker so I may not beable to handle even 1.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter