The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused3 I am looking for recommendations.
My DD's...4 and 5 years old and I are leaving in 23 days!
I am taking a double umbrella stroller ::yes::

I would like to have peace and quite...
I would also like to see the fireworks...
but I am not sure if I'd like to carry 2 sleepy, cranky girlz and an umbrella stroller to the fourth floor :scared1:

What would you request?
4th floor...or...1st floor?

:confused3 I am looking for recommendations.
My DD's...4 and 5 years old and I are leaving in 23 days!
I am taking a double umbrella stroller ::yes::

I would like to have peace and quite...
I would also like to see the fireworks...
but I am not sure if I'd like to carry 2 sleepy, cranky girlz and an umbrella stroller to the fourth floor :scared1:

What would you request?
4th floor...or...1st floor?

We could see the fireworks well from the 4th floor of the playdoh bldg not poolside! There are elevators so you can just push 2 sleepy kids in and up you go. We were leery of first floor and the easy access to pool!!

:cutie: WE have requested to stay in 60's building with Baloo. We do not have preferred rooms, does anyon have any thoughts on our request? We requested in since DD loves the Jungle Book, what a great classic film.

It's the Bare Necessities, the simple Bare Necessities of Life.

I would request it! I have heard of people getting those kinds of requests with only paying standard! I was originally booked preferred for my vaca the end of August and when I called on the first day that free dining was open to the public there were no preferred rooms so I had to take standard but our request is for ground floor pool view as this trip is for dd's 8th grade graduation present and she loves the pool! So my request is 60's or 50's groundfloor poolview so we'll see what happens other times I have requested I have gotten it or very close to it! :goodvibes But remember it is ONLY a REQUEST it's not gauranteed.Also when you get there and they give you your room assignment if it is not what you requested you can ask if it's at all possible for you to be in the section you requested if there are any rooms open and they can change it if there is a room open!Just remember to ask.

We stayed at the jukebox building, and saw 2 times Illuminations and Wishes together, it was great! We thought Pop was great for us, enough room for when we were there, and not too fancy, since we were a way a lot.

We have never had a room on the pool side but the Bowling Pin pool is smaller than the Hippy Dippy pool, so there wouldn't be as much activity.

There are also parts of the Lady Building that face a courtyard. However, they may be considered prefered.

Is it really? I always thought it looked bigger. Maybe jsut becuase it is longer. LOL!
When we were there in March, I rarely saw many people in that pool.

We were pool side in the 60's, first floor, and I never really thought we had any noise though. I guess it just depends o nthe person. But now that I had a first floor poolside location, I will be dissapointed if I don't get one next time. LOL! We LOVED it!

We could see the fireworks well from the 4th floor of the playdoh bldg not poolside! There are elevators so you can just push 2 sleepy kids in and up you go. We were leery of first floor and the easy access to pool!!

I really was interested in the 4th floor...from everything I've read...it's quite, you can see the fireworks and not an abundance of distractions!

Thank you!

this is really random... any idea where those 'just married' pins came from?

We got married last Saturday. When I was cleaning out my car the next day, there was a WDW just married pin stuck down in the side of my back seat. There were a lot of people in and out of my car and a lot of stuff, but I have NO idea how I could've gotten it, or where it came from, nobody has any idea! But I want another one for my husband, lol.

Where can we go to get the bride & groom mickey ears?

this is really random... any idea where those 'just married' pins came from?

We got married last Saturday. When I was cleaning out my car the next day, there was a WDW just married pin stuck down in the side of my back seat. There were a lot of people in and out of my car and a lot of stuff, but I have NO idea how I could've gotten it, or where it came from, nobody has any idea! But I want another one for my husband, lol.

Where can we go to get the bride & groom mickey ears?
Congratulations!

You can get the just married pins when you check in or they also have them at guest relations at the parks.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding the bride & groom ears. MK has a hat shop on Main St. so that would be a sure bet but I'm sure you could find them at any park.

I'm wondering if they check where you actually park. For example....I'm staying in the 70's but the 90's parking lot is closer to my room. Can I park in the 90's or do the parking permits have something on them that says I must park in the 70's lot?

I'm wondering if they check where you actually park. For example....I'm staying in the 70's but the 90's parking lot is closer to my room. Can I park in the 90's or do the parking permits have something on them that says I must park in the 70's lot?

You can park anywhere you would like!

I just returned from our first stay at Pop! We loved it!!! We were in the playdough building, lakeside. We were 4152 (on the 1st level). It was so neat. We woke up every morning to ducks and rabbits right by our door. We had a blast. If anybody has any questions, shoot them to me! I'll try to answer!

Stephenie

I just returned from our first stay at Pop! We loved it!!! We were in the playdough building, lakeside. We were 4152 (on the 1st level). It was so neat. We woke up every morning to ducks and rabbits right by our door. We had a blast. If anybody has any questions, shoot them to me! I'll try to answer!

Stephenie

was it loud on the first floor? Do they still have the peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich, and the sloppy joes for kids?:confused3

I stayed in the playdo bldg too last year and we were lakeside but on 4th floor. It was very quiet and we had great view of the fireworks!! Next time DD wants poolside , I keep telling her its loud but she's not listening!!

EnglishRose =

I stayed in the playdo bldg too last year and we were lakeside but on 4th floor. It was very quiet and we had great view of the fireworks!! Next time DD wants poolside , I keep telling her its loud but she's not listening!!

Now if she is not listening, she might not hear well AND if she does not hear well the noise would not bother HER?????:listen:

Kids can sleep through anything and maybe she enjoys being in the middle of all the action? Good luck to YOU!!;)

SG (who can sleep through anything) deaf as a doornail

In a moment of weakness, I just let my DGD13 talk me into changing our room request for next trip from a nice, quiet, 4th floor, lakeview to a preferred 60's poolside, 1st floor. :scared1: AND, we'll be going during free dining!! :eek: :eek: So, I have a feeling I'll be paying extra to be kept awake all night! :lmao: Oh, well...I'll try anything once. ;)

If the kids are kept awake by the activity by the pool, she will wish she had listened !! :lmao: Her hearing is selective :rotfl2: sooo we will see !!:goodvibes

Stephenie

OT, but I just looked at your link to your WDW Binder. You did a great job!

When I booked, I didn't make any special requests. However, I wish I did. Is it to late? Could I call them and put in the request sinec I am still paying off the vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter