The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GPS isn't recognizing the address 1050 Century Drive. Is there some other name for the street POP is on? I'm not sure if I can enter the latitude and longitude into my GPS, I never tried that before. I'm bummed that I can't get this to work! Any suggestions?

My GPS isn't recognizing the address 1050 Century Drive. Is there some other name for the street POP is on? I'm not sure if I can enter the latitude and longitude into my GPS, I never tried that before. I'm bummed that I can't get this to work! Any suggestions?

I put it in on Mapquest when we went and I think it gave me an alternative address. Try that and see what it comes up with. I think technically Pop Century Drive might just be the driveway and not an official road. But I could be wrong, but I do know that mapquest gave me an alternative, but it's been almost a year, so I can't remember for sure.

Hmmm...well I just looked on the DIS, TripAdvisors, Wikipedia, MapQuest, and Expedia, and they all state 1050 Century Drive in Lake Buena Vista. It sounds to me like your software in your GPS doesn't recognize it. Have you tried another on-property resort on your GPS to see if it might be all of the Disney properties that it doesn't recognize?

Hmmm...well I just looked on the DIS, TripAdvisors, Wikipedia, MapQuest, and Expedia, and they all state 1050 Century Drive in Lake Buena Vista. It sounds to me like your software in your GPS doesn't recognize it. Have you tried another on-property resort on your GPS to see if it might be all of the Disney properties that it doesn't recognize?

Google Maps lists it correctly.

I have it listed as: 1050 Century Dr., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 (Disney's Pop Century Resort - Classic Yrs)

Not sure how that will help your GPS problem.

I'm staying at POP for the first time in two weeks! I am SO excited to finally be trying POP. It took a little doing to talk DH into a value, so I hope it is as nice as everyone says! I'm trying to decide if I should call with any special room requests. I didn't pay for a preferred room (didn't seem necessary), we are traveling with MIL and would like adjoining rooms, we will have a rental car, so proximity to parking would be nice, but MIL may use the bus so proximity to the bus would be good, too. We have stayed at POR before and from what I can tell POP seems a little less spread out. Is that a correct impression? I just can't decide what to ask for in a room! We will also be traveling with an almost three year old, so we'll have a stroller to contend with. Where are the elevators located? Maybe I should ask for near an elevator and near the parking lot? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

We had room 2459. It was a GREAT room. It was not close to the food courts, but what I liked about it was we could see Epcot and watch their fireworks from right outside our door! I am going back in August and have already put in my request for 4th floor, Epcot View. :)

We just re-booked at Pop from a ressie we had at AS Sports for weekend of Mar 7-9. Just found out yesterday that cheerleaders will be at All Stars then. What chance will there be cheerleaders at Pop that same weekend? We understood from other posts few if none will be at Pop. Please reassure me!

We just re-booked at Pop from a ressie we had at AS Sports for weekend of Mar 7-9. Just found out yesterday that cheerleaders will be at All Stars then. What chance will there be cheerleaders at Pop that same weekend? We understood from other posts few if none will be at Pop. Please reassure me!

We were at Pop for Grad weekend and while they were staying there I would not have known. My advice is request a room NOT pool side as that is where they'll be then you will have no problem!!

I am hoping to go again sometime this year, if not next year. This tiem though I want t oget a first floor, pool side room, preferrably by the baby pool. Do you think this is a high request? I really don't want to pay for prefferred if I don't get this exact area. I just know my DD would love it.

Jessica - I think Mousesavers has GPS locations for all the WDW properties that you can download for free.

We were at Pop for Grad weekend and while they were staying there I would not have known. My advice is request a room NOT pool side as that is where they'll be then you will have no problem!!

When we went to WDW with cheerleading, depending on the team is where you stayed. Our group stayed at ASM, but I know the group from TX stayed at POP...uh oh....not sure if you are cheer free!

hi, you said here that fridges are free with those with medical needs, is this still correct, as a member of our party has diabetes and needs to keep her insulin cool, espically with the hot weather.

do i need to tell POP before we arrive, or will it be fine if we just tell them when we check in (we will be checking in late around 10pm)???

Please let them know before hand by adding it to your ressie. Also make sure to remind them when you are checking in. Not once have I ever received the 'small' shoebox sized refrigerator people have mentioned so don't worry about that too much. If there are not any refrigerators avaialble, they will hold your medication at the front desk in a refrigerator.

Two things to note -
make sure she has enough ice packs to keep her med cool while the refrigerator is cooling. Our refrigerators have been very warm when we have received them. My medication is *very* expensive (over $300 a syringe) and has a limited room temperature shelf-life. It took several hours for ours to cool off enough for it to be safe for me to place my meds in the unit.

request a Sharps container on your ressie as well. I have had to remind them for a container as long as 2 full days one arrived, which I don't think is safe for anyone, especially housekeeping.

Have fun!

Does anyone know if there's a preferred room that's facing the epcot fireworks? I think I should've actually booked a standard room since we want a quiet, 4th floor lakeside room facing epcot. Did I totally mess up or are there preferred rooms like that? I certainly don't want to face the pools. Mind you, we're there this Saturday and the weather looks bleak and rainy so the pool may not be busy anyway.

Is Epcot on the other side of Hourglass Lake? If so, it looks like the standard rooms are actually the ones which would work better for me - quiet, lakeside with view. Sigh...does anyone ever switch from a preferred room to a standard room? Seems rather a strange thing to do...

We check in on 1/31-2/4 and are staying at POP. My DD is staying at the Carabean with her team. We are going down for the UDA High school & All-Star Nationals. Just giving you the "heads up". In fact, my DD is competing at the Indy Stunt Show arena, so they might not have any shows running Sat & Sun the first week of Feb.
Question...I know that they don't give you coffee pots, so can I bring one from home?? I NEED my coffee!! LOL I have my younger DD (she'll be 22 months) so we rented a frig for milk, drinks and other stuff. I'm not sure where are room is, but I do know that its Standard, and not Perferred. We are driving down, so I'm not worried about being "close" to the food court.
Thanks!

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Is Epcot on the other side of Hourglass Lake? If so, it looks like the standard rooms are actually the ones which would work better for me - quiet, lakeside with view. Sigh...does anyone ever switch from a preferred room to a standard room? Seems rather a strange thing to do...
I don't think you should spend the money on preferred if you want to be on the backside. I'm nost sure which rooms face Epcot, but we had building 6, 3rd floor, on the part that sticks out the back and faces the lake. It was standard, and not a bad walk to Classic Hall. We could see some kind of fireworks right out our door, and others if we walked around.

From that map it looks like all the rooms facing away from the interior of the resort are Standard. You could request Bldg 5 or 4 (60's) facing the lake, those should be quiet. Or request lake view, 4th floor and see what you get.

Jessica - I think Mousesavers has GPS locations for all the WDW properties that you can download for free.

Thanks! Now, if I can just figure out how to input those into my Garmin Nuvi, I'll be all set! Maybe I'll make DH try to figure it out, since he bought the thing!!

:dance3: OK, here's a silly question. :dance3:

I'm interested in staying in a room directly across the big Roger Rabbit statue.:rotfl: Does anyone know what some of the fourth floor room numbers may be. I've seen a map and know that it's rooms 9101-9472 in the 80's building. Just wondering if anyone knew what room numbers faced the other 80's building overlooking my favorite rabbit. :confused3 Any help would be appreciated. :)

:dance3: OK, here's a silly question. :dance3:

I'm interested in staying in a room directly across the big Roger Rabbit statue.:rotfl: Does anyone know what some of the fourth floor room numbers may be. I've seen a map and know that it's rooms 9101-9472 in the 80's building. Just wondering if anyone knew what room numbers faced the other 80's building overlooking my favorite rabbit. :confused3 Any help would be appreciated. :)

Hi. From this map, it looks as though it would be the rooms 01-12 and 61-72 on each floor. I may be wrong, but that's how I'm reading the map.

http://willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_pop.pdf#page=03

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter