• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole discussion of NEW thread vs OLD thread is very funny! Especially since this is the THIRD thread for Pop Century. It is by far the busiest thread of all the resorts. Notice the name of the OLD thread is "The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!"

Standard Connecting Rooms
disneyvalueconnectingrooms.jpg

King Beds
Bldgs 1,3,5,7,0 rooms xx03, xx22, xx51, xx53, xx67, xx70 are rooms with King Beds, and they are disabled access rooms.
valuerollinkingroom.jpg

Bldgs 2,4,6,8,9 rooms 03, 22 for the first three floors only are standard access rooms with King beds.
valuekingroom.jpg

ALL rooms with King Beds or Disability access are Connecting rooms, with the other room being a standard room with double beds.

If you need more info, just download my map (seen below) it is located in my signature. I also have a map for the All Star resorts there.

PopCenturyRoomLayout.jpg

I just wish the other didn't have to be closed. It never was a sticky

It was never stickied because there is a sticky consolidation thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=236234 that lists all of the resort FAQ threads. THe number of stickies was getting crazy, so 5 years ago, Trekker created this thread to consolidate all the resort-specific threads for quick access.

62 More Days! Yippee... :yay:

I reserved a preferred room but I'm wondering if this was really a waste of money? I'd like to be close to the food courts, bus stop, and pools but I also would like a quiet place. My daughter is 11 and likes to sleep late.. :angel:
What would be the ideal room/building to wish for? :rotfl2:

Do they have tea bags in the dining hall to use with my mug?

-I know I can mail packages to the resort, but how hard is it to mail packages from the resort? Can that be done on property? Or do you have to take it somewhere else?

Thanks!
They have teabags in the food court for use with a refillable mug-they had 'regular', decaf and English Breakfast.

I haven't sent packages home from Pop but I have from the Poly & POFQ & POR. You just bring your package to the concierge desk at the resort and they will send it home for you (for a charge of course). You can also send any purchases home at the time of purchase so you wouldn't need to have your own box or packaging materials. I have read of folks being able to get boxes from the gift shop but I've always had my own.

When I made my ressie the CM told me 60's is preferred now, is that true? She said it used to be sections of 50's , 60's & 70's :confused3 . Also are the beds really hard? I need a softer type mattress or I will never be ab;e to sleep. Thanks in advance.:)
I was just on the lake side of the Play-doh building in 60's and had a standard room.

What should my request be if I want to be able to see the fire works at Epcot?

TIA,
Jessica
Lake side 50's. Building #2-jukebox would be best.

I've only stayed at MODs but was wondering the distance from
the 80s and 90s section to the main buildings?
Is Pop as big as some of the MOD resorts? :confused3
Thanks
The moderate resorts are MUCH more spread out than the values! I was about 1/2 way out at POR last summer and it was a 5 minute walk to the food court. I think the most remote room in the 90's at POP would have been closer and I still was a lot closer than some at POR.

Is there room for a kids blow up matters (Ready Bed) on the floor? Deciding if I should pack one for DS, just in case he doesn't want to sleep with us in the bed....

Can't wait, only 12 more days! Hope it passes quickly!:banana:
A readybed would easily fit in a Pop room.

62 More Days! Yippee... :yay:

I reserved a preferred room but I'm wondering if this was really a waste of money? I'd like to be close to the food courts, bus stop, and pools but I also would like a quiet place. My daughter is 11 and likes to sleep late.. :angel:
What would be the ideal room/building to wish for? :rotfl2:
I haven't stayed in the 70's yet but I think that would be the quietest for you as the prefered rooms in the 50's & 60's are poolside.

Just back from my 3rd stay at Pop. I was a bit concerned as a friend of mine was going to join us there but the resort was sold out. She's from FL so she just stayed offsite. I had previously been to Pop during relatively quiet times so I was worried how crazy the food court and busses would be. I'm happy to say I had no problems at all. We landed in Orlando at 12:30 on Thurday Nov 8th. The lines at the ME counter weren't too bad but the lines of folks waiting for busses were down right scary! I've never seen it any where near that busy before. But we were quickly put on a bus and were the first stop.

Check in was the fastest I have ever experienced. Our room-lakeside 60's (Play-doh) was exactly as requested and was ready. We dropped our bags and were on a bus to Epcot by 2:00pm.

There were a few mornings when we would have to wait for a 2nd bus but they were always there quickly. The lines were long at park closing but they busses kept coming. I was very satisfied with the bus service at Pop!

We were always at the food court before 7:30am and the lines were never too long. I did want a snack one night (maybe around 9pm) and the lines were longer than I was wanting to wait so I just got myself a cup of tea. While I was getting my tea they opened a few more registers so I got a my snack. I did notice that they had small cakes in the food court. I did not look close enough to see the price or if they said "Happy Birthday" or anything. They seemed to have Mickey on them.

I'm looking forward to returning for DS's birthday in January.

Just back from my 3rd stay at Pop. I was a bit concerned as a friend of mine was going to join us there but the resort was sold out. She's from FL so she just stayed offsite. I had previously been to Pop during relatively quiet times so I was worried how crazy the food court and busses would be. I'm happy to say I had no problems at all. We landed in Orlando at 12:30 on Thurday Nov 8th. The lines at the ME counter weren't too bad but the lines of folks waiting for busses were down right scary! I've never seen it any where near that busy before. But we were quickly put on a bus and were the first stop.

Check in was the fastest I have ever experienced. Our room-lakeside 60's (Play-doh) was exactly as requested and was ready. We dropped our bags and were on a bus to Epcot by 2:00pm.

There were a few mornings when we would have to wait for a 2nd bus but they were always there quickly. The lines were long at park closing but they busses kept coming. I was very satisfied with the bus service at Pop!

We were always at the food court before 7:30am and the lines were never too long. I did want a snack one night (maybe around 9pm) and the lines were longer than I was wanting to wait so I just got myself a cup of tea. While I was getting my tea they opened a few more registers so I got a my snack. I did notice that they had small cakes in the food court. I did not look close enough to see the price or if they said "Happy Birthday" or anything. They seemed to have Mickey on them.

I'm looking forward to returning for DS's birthday in January.

I just booked for my DD's Bday in March. How were the beds? I'm only used to pillowtop at home and we usually stay deluxe since we need comfy beds. I booked POP since we just got back from Poly and I thought it looked fun for DD's Bday weekend. Also was it very noisy? Thanks

We just got off the phone with POP. The staff there told us that for the best chance of seeing fireworks is staying in the 50's building 2.
I value DISboard opinions more than anybody else...LOL so that are your thoughts?

...the best chance of seeing fireworks is staying in the 50's building 2.
I value DISboard opinions more than anybody else...LOL so that are your thoughts?

I don't have personal experience, yet I've read a trip report that concurs with your findings.

Kristina,

That was so cute, I only wish our trip wasn't in December instead of 1/4 to 1/7! Still trying to figure out what we will do with our window and door.

I just booked for my DD's Bday in March. How were the beds? I'm only used to pillowtop at home and we usually stay deluxe since we need comfy beds. I booked POP since we just got back from Poly and I thought it looked fun for DD's Bday weekend. Also was it very noisy? Thanks
Well Pop is no Poly. I LOVE the Poly and the beds were awesome. I love Pop in a different way but do really enjoy it. The beds were just OK. They were a bit soft for me. My kids really enjoy Pop and I like the price, food court (I haven't been to Poly since they updated Capt Jack's), and bus service. I just can't justify the Poly price anymore so I stay at Pop. I like Pop more than the moderates.

KiKi_Mouse

This will be on our door at POP
I am leaving it there if anybody wants it.
How cute! Have a great trip. The castle is so awesome this year!

We are back from a 8 night stay at the POP and 2 night stay at Boardwalk Inn. Just wanted to give my report and tips etc. We had a great time and have stayed at Disney Value before. I knew what to expect and didn't have unrealistic expectations. The things that impressed about POP were:

1. Front desk and food court- wonderful service, CMs knew the dining plan and helped us make the most of it. We had refillable mugs and used them several times daily (loved the frozen coke)

2. Theming of the resort- kids loved the huge Roger Rabbit, Lady and the Tramp and walking down memory lane.

3. Holiday decorations- the resort is decorated beautifully for Christmas and Christmas songs are playing everywhere.

4. Shopping- the gift shop is better than what I remember from All Stars. It was better than some of the other resorts we visited this trip.

Some things we didn't like:

1. Towels, toilet paper, sheets and beds- very rough, hard and uncomfortable.

2. Air conditioning- only blows hot or cold, all of us were sneezing all week as soon as we got back to the room maybe due to poor air quality.

3. Mousekeeping- would always come during DS's nap and did not return later or earlier the next day despite many requests.

4. Walls- paper thin. First night our neighbors were banging on the wall when giving our kids nebulizer treatments. The machine is not THAT loud. DH went over and explained. They said it sounded like a jackhammer....:rotfl:

And now our tips:

1. To avoid crowds at bus stops, come about 45 min. before a park opens. Most people will come 20-30 min. before park opening and long lines are forming. Obviously this is during the slow season so in the summer you may need to come 60min. before. but this was our experience even at the start of the Thanksgiving rush.

2. I purchased a $10 kid sized air mattress from Toys R Us for DS and it fits perfectly between the second bed and the bathroom wall. We didn"t have to move tables and there is enough room even for a bigger child. I happened to go to TRU before our trip and I was glad to find them. After the stay I left it behind, since it was so cheap. It also made the rest of use more comfortable because of the space.

Overall our stay was great, but after 2 nights at Boardwalk during the same trip the differences btw. value and deluxe were obvious. I am not a resort snob and would stay at POP anytime (because it's WDW) but DH said he would only stay at a deluxe again:rotfl2: We'll see if he changes his mind when I tell him how soon I want to return.. If you have questions PLMK

Some things we didn't like:

1. Towels, toilet paper, sheets and beds- very rough, hard and uncomfortable.

I just returned from a 6 night stay at POP.

On the "Towels, toilet paper, sheets and beds" issue: I found the mattresses to be VERY comfortable. Much nicer than other hotel mattresses I've slept on. I wish I could have taken the mattress home with me! I didn't have any problem with the sheets, towels or toilet paper. This was not a $300/night room... I didn't expect luxury plush towels!

My other thoughts on POP:

I was in the back of building #5 in the 60s on the top floor. It was a preferred room. So close to Classic Hall (front desk, foodcourt and gift shop) and just as close to buses. I found my room to be very quiet. I only heard the people in the room next to me a couple times and it was not a big deal. In the mornings I sometimes heard people passing by my room, but it was not a problem.

During my whole stay I didn't eat in the foodcourt. I brought breakfast from home (instant oatmeal and paper bowls, added hot water from foodcourt) and ate in the parks. I would have liked to have eated in the foodcourt since I've heard its really good, but I spent so much time in the parks that I didn't have time to eat @ POP, and late at night when I got back to POP, the foodcourt looked so busy that I just skipped it.

I front desk people to be SO friendly and helpful, both in person and over the phone.

I thought the POP busses to be VERY efficient. I never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and I loved that Pop doesn't share buses with other resorts. I was so surprised at how short the trips to the parks were! 15 mins or less to all the parks!

Overall I was SO pleased with POP! I will for sure be staying there during my next WDW visit...whenever that is.

If anyone has any questions.. please ask away!

I forgot to answer the noise question. I can honestly say I NEVER heard anything! I saw a few folks on elevators but I never even saw anyone on the walkways (hallways) to our room.

I found the beds at Pop to be the best hotel beds I have ever slept on as well. Of course it depends on what you like and I have heard that there are differetn mattresses all throguh the resort.

I really need to read my book and see if thats where I saw it. But I am almost thinking it was 75 cents a minute. Or there was a usage charge and a minute charge. UGH! I am sleep deprived right now and can't remember clearly. Maybe make a post about calling from rooms at the Disney hotels and someone can answer you better or sooner.

It is 75 cents per call, not per minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter